Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Rotate never called out even though it's enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotate never called out even though it's enabled

So V1 gets called out but never "rotate" even though I have it enabled in the PMDG settings. I have Headphone Simulation (or whatever it's called as referenced in the manual) turned off in MSFS so it's not that setting doing it. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Rev2010; 04Jun2022, 21:50.
    Peter Lucas

They are often very close together for me
    Mike Murphy
    Commercial, Instrument, Rotorcraft-Helicopter

Comment

So can anyone do me a favor and confirm whether you do or don't get rotate called out? I tested again today after triple checking the setting and still it doesn't call it out. Also,today it didn't even call out V1 when it has been up until today.

It's not the end of the world of course lol, but it would be nice to hear rotate as in all my other planes.
      Peter Lucas

Comment

Peter, to confirm for you, I have always heard Rotate called out. Helibrewer is correct in that V1 and rotate are called very close together, but both callouts have always been present for me
        Michael Sill

Comment

logic would dictate, that a V2 callout should take precedence over a rotate callout, as by logical extrapolation V2 implies you are already beyond rotate callout, as V2 is your climb-out speed for a single engine failure.

you could add more payload/fuel and de-rate thrust so things happen slower, to give more time between V1 and V2 for rotate to be called.
          Name removed on principle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev2010 View Post
            So V1 gets called out but never "rotate" even though I have it enabled in the PMDG settings. I have Headphone Simulation (or whatever it's called as referenced in the manual) turned off in MSFS so it's not that setting doing it. Any suggestions?
            You could do a 1 time test and turn off the V1 callout, that way you can hear if "rotate" callout is working. Most of the time on the BBJ, both the callouts are right on top of each other.
            Last edited by TH454; 06Jun2022, 11:55.

Comment

Enter wet runway into the fmc and the time between v1 and rotate calls will be longer. You should be able to hear if rotate is being called or not.
              André Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by TH454 View Post

You could do a 1 time test and turn off the V1 callout, that way you can hear if "rotate" callout is working. Most of the time on the BBJ, both the callouts are right on top of each other.
                So, I've done this today and tested twice and no rotate call out. Turning V1 call out off did indeed turn off the V1 call out. I'd like to find the sound file and see if it's corrupt. Will have to see if I can locate it, unless someone from PMDG would like to help me and point out where the rotate call out file is located?
                Peter Lucas

Comment

If you want to guarantee someone from PMDG helps, it would be better to submit a support ticket at this time.
                  Michael Sill

Comment

Odd...seems to work for me 100%. Side note - can anyone confirm that it's rsrandazzo 's voice? Pretty darn sure it is. 😁
                    Warmest Regards,
                    -Jim Engelke

Comment

Hi everyone. So, I'm happy to report the fault was all mine in my learning duffusness lol. Was watching a YouTube video and realized I was never clicking the RSK's next to the estimated VSpeeds to accept them into the FMC and as a result my FMC had no idea what those speeds were. Weird though cause it would call out V1. Anyhoo, I clicked the RSK's next to the estimated speeds for each VSpeed and now it calls out each callout step I have enabled.

Still learning, so apologies Glad I figured out what I was doing wrong.
                      Peter Lucas

Comment

Interesting. I would think that if you hadn't set the take-off speeds, the airspeed tape on the PFD would tell you "No V-Speeds."
                        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Crabby
                          Crabby commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is correct

Hi Rev:
                        I get V1, V2, Rotate, and positive rate of climb callouts on mine... Just FYI...
                        Jon Richardson
                        USAF Vet
                        PPL

Comment

Originally posted by Vegasjon View Post
                          Hi Rev:
                          I get V1, V2, Rotate, and positive rate of climb callouts on mine... Just FYI...
                          Yep, I noted a few posts up that it was my error and I've rectified it and it's working now
                          Peter Lucas

Comment

Dear all,

One question please - are you using a panel state when the issue occurs?

Armen Cholakian
                            PMDG Sound Engineer

Comment

I am also having the same issue, for example I don't get airspeed alive, V2. I only get v1 and that is it.

CJ Cave
                              Last edited by Bluefin234; 13Jun2022, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluefin234 View Post
                                I am also having the same issue, for example I don't get airspeed alive, V2. I only get v1 and that is it.
                                Ever since I've been selecting the estimated V speeds in the FMC it's been working flawlessly for me, I get everything called out even if they are right next to each other such as V1 and Rotate. Are you selecting the V Speeds so that they are entered on the right side of the FMC after setting your flaps and such? (yellow dots in the below image). Also, not sure if this matters and can't see why it would, but make sure your runway is entered on all the screens. This image isn't from the 737 btw, just what I could quickly find online for example:
                                Attached Files
                                Peter Lucas

Comment

Ever since I've been selecting the estimated V speeds in the FMC it's been working flawlessly for me, I get everything called out even if they are right next to each other such as V1 and Rotate. Are you selecting the V Speeds so that they are entered on the right side of the FMC after setting your flaps and such? (yellow dots in the below image). Also, not sure if this matters and can't see why it would, but make sure your runway is entered on all the screens. This image isn't from the 737 btw, just what I could quickly find online for example:

Yeah everything is entered not sure why it isn't working properly

CJ Cave
                                  Last edited by Bluefin234; 13Jun2022, 19:39.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Yeah everything is entered not sure why it isn't working properly
                                      On page 1 of POS INIT do you have the reference airport and runway entered? Also, did you check to make sure Headphone Simulation is turned off in the MSFS sound options?

Peter Lucas

Comment

On page 1 of POS INIT do you have the reference airport and runway entered? Also, did you check to make sure Headphone Simulation is turned off in the MSFS sound options?
                                        yep thank you peter you fixed this problem i have had for a good while, thank you!

CJ Cave

Comment

yep thank you peter you fixed this problem i have had for a good while, thank you!
                                          Which fixed it, Headphone Simulation OFF? If so, then you'll also be enjoying all the other sounds that come along with it being turned off
                                          Peter Lucas

Comment

I think it was both of them because I did both.

CJ Cave

Comment

Working...
                                            X