Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Airplane freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done

Filipe Santos - Portugal

Comment

Ticket sent to PDMG support
      jorge soldano

Comment

Originally posted by sergio8234 View Post
        I just wanted to bring this up again because I literally just experienced this right now as well for me, I had a TCAS that was issued asking me to descend while on final approach on a RNAVY 22L into KJFK and that is when it froze for me. Entire airplane locked up, it was flyable, but nothing moved at all. The PFD was frozen, the NAV display, Engine Display etc. The only add on I was using was FSRealistic and obviously the PMDG, everything else was vanilla. Mo FSUIPC or any of that sort of programs at all. Just those two add-ons. I exited FSRealistic to see if that would get the airplane to respond again but to no luck. Anybody else had this problem while using that program or just have it happen in general at all as of now.

I managed to record it too, I felt I was a little to fast as I could not tell how my airspeed was due to it being frozen, so that is why you will see a good float in there lol.

Never had this before today.
        I had almost exactly the same display information as your video.
        I also received a traffic warning (red) at less than 2000 ft on approach, flap 40 speeds, so less than a minute from the runway and landing, and all switches froze while still flying.
        The traffic warning (in red) was about 15 secs before the freeze.
        The traffic actually flew past me to land while my flightdeck was frozen!
        Although the yoke was still working I could not action a go around, and unfortunately for me the plane was already locked on an ILS descent (LOC and GS), and it steered itself off that and continued to descend (smoothly...) into the ground away from the runway.
        This was after a 3hr flight...
        Steve Mel

Comment

• sergio8234
          sergio8234 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I could not 100% completely figure out what it was at all. I assumed it was the TCAS advisory I was given when it froze. I mentioned the only other add on I was using at the time was FSRealistic but that was all, everything else was vanilla and I ruled out that FSRealistic could not be the culprit because I use it on every flight I do, and the issue has not occurred for me at all again.

• Steve M
          Steve M commented
          Editing a comment
          Same, I also use FSRealistic and have had zero issues with it on at least 50 flights.
          This traffic (Easyjet) actually first appeared right under me and did that whole graphical phase into view thing when other planes are in the same position as you, then flew on happily to land in front of me as I kept descending into the ground...
          I also noticed once I moved the throttles that the engines went to idle too.
          Normally on an ILS approach I disconnect AT and AP around 1000ft. Here they were still showing as engaged and could not disengage them.

Honestly folks - keep saying this - but it's a sim issue I think, not specific to the PMDG's. I've had it in other aircraft (though very rarely) but not in the 737's yet. Also, if you care to search the official forums, or even the Steam forums, you'll see mentions of the issue in other aircraft also.

No harm in raising it with PMDG, but I think it's Asobo that really needs your focus of attention. So, for all those who have experienced this, could you please also go over to ZenDesk and report it there too?
        Greg N.
        Avionics Systems Software Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Schmegg View Post
          Honestly folks - keep saying this - but it's a sim issue I think, not specific to the PMDG's. I've had it in other aircraft (though very rarely) but not in the 737's yet. Also, if you care to search the official forums, or even the Steam forums, you'll see mentions of the issue in other aircraft also.

No harm in raising it with PMDG, but I think it's Asobo that really needs your focus of attention. So, for all those who have experienced this, could you please also go over to ZenDesk and report it there too?
          https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...-keeps-flying/

Sounds like the same crash and that we need to report it to PMDG.
          Alex Pugh

Comment

• Schmegg
            Schmegg commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah sure. No harm. It really all depends on where the bug is. But given it happens in other aircraft also, it seems to me that Asobo should also be pinged - because it's just as likely that the problem could be on their side as PMDG's.

Hello guys, I hope you can help me.

I've bought 737 yesterday and everything was working fine for about few minutes, but suddenly all my switches frozen and I can't move them. For example I click in Fllight director and N1 buttom turn on with a green light, and appears the N1 on PFD. Also, I can't move any switch in the overhead, and the FMC I can write, but not execute.

Someone have any idea what happenned and can help me, please?

Comment

I ran into the same problem while planing my SID in the FMC; changing all sorts of SIDS etc.)

Sim was still active, but Icouldn’t click anything in the VC- mouse was still active though and visible!

I tryed all sort of „fixes“ which have been posted online(but as it seems that’s a different bug which occurs with other aircraft. The mouse cursor is suddenly gone with that bug- normally opening the VFR map/ATC map, fixes that issue since the main window is not in focus for whatever reason.

With the PMDG its mostly(not always as far as I know) a problem with setting up something within the FMC.

Im not running a yoke, joystick software/mouse software or FSUPIC or any sort of Program which has „control“ of my joystick/controls etc.

This website has some interesting info-
            https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php...-keeps-flying/

Next time I will check if this occurred.
            Last edited by Onerepublic; 06Oct2022, 07:28.
            Claudio Da Luz

Comment

This happend to me the second or third time today, I'll write a ticket to PMDG but if this should've been fixed somehow it isn't.
              I was approaching EDDB and just reduced my altitude from 5.000 ft to 4.000 ft and got stuck at 4.200 ft

Comment

I have the same problem
                And when I'm on the ground toggling the outside view the FPS drops to single digits

Comment

It has happened to me as well. I was flying during the night time then changed to time at noon to look around. It is crashing after update when there are a lot of clouds around.

Comment

I have this freeze in 2 out of 3 flights, it's becomming very annoying, hope pmdg will find a way to solve this ASAP....

Marco Spijkerboor

Comment

Originally posted by Marco Spijkerboor View Post
                      I have this freeze in 2 out of 3 flights, it's becomming very annoying, hope pmdg will find a way to solve this ASAP....

Marco Spijkerboor
                      'I have this freeze in 2 out of 3 flights'

I regularly go on 4+ hour flights and have now flown first the 700 and now the 800 for well in excess of a few hundred hours at this point, and have so far experienced one freeze.
                      And that was I believe due to something regards another aircraft issue.
                      Therefore I respectfully suggest people do not just assume this is a bug, and also look at their own systems addons etc too, as it is easy to assume a problem is elsewhere and miss a local one.

However, whatever the true causes it must be very frustrating for everyone on the receiving end.
                      Steve Mel

Comment

• Marco Spijkerboor
                        Marco Spijkerboor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don't know what is causing the freezes, what i do know is that my son who's flying the fenixa320 on the same hardware did had just one single freeze in about 80 hours....so let's find out what causes this all.

Marco Spijkerboor

This happened to me last evening, creating flight on ground, almost ready to go, and everything just quit working. Could move in and around sim, but plane was unresponsive. Back to main menu and exit game to desktop, quit, second time MSFS quit working, first time, PC just froze and rebooted. Rolled back to Nvidia 517.48 driver as some reports on 522.25 causing issues. Going to see later if it's working better. PC is close to 3 years old, so something could be getting ready to quit there. Not looking forward to that event if that is what this is, do not want to spend money now, prices are insane.
                      Montgomery Bonner

Comment

Just had this happened to me.
                        Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Hi guys, I'm encountering problems with the PMDG 737 since Sim Update 10 and the latest NVIDIA driver update, but I'm not sure what the actual reason is. In addition, all my settings in MSFS were gone after the update. I set them back to high. On almost every flight since then, my simulator freezes with the PMDG 737. Not a CTD, a freeze that only can be ended by killing MSFS in the task manager. This can happen right at the beginning of the flight or after 2 1/2 hours. It doesn't matter. Mostly it happens when I'm changing views, for example to the engine views that are included in the PMDG views.I de- and reinstalled the PMDG and was already happy that it didn't freeze after a 5 hour flight but then I changed views and bam: Freeze. I don't encounter these problems with other planes, so I assume that it has something to do with the PMDG. Has someone of you encountered this problem too or has even a fix? Many thanks

Comment

Happened to me too. They need to release a patch for various bugs or at least release a statement. This product is driving me crazy. Between freezing and up and down wobbling, it makes me regret my purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by borishar View Post
                              Happened to me too. They need to release a patch for various bugs or at least release a statement. This product is driving me crazy. Between freezing and up and down wobbling, it makes me regret my purchase.
                              As most are not having these problems it would appear not to be a simple 'bug' (A term used far too often I think before any demonstrable or repeatable proof is evident), and instead something the users who are experiencing it have in common.
                              The only way PMDG can check that for you all is to raise support tickets so they can check your settings and log files, and then identify any commonality.
                              Meanwhile, what statement could they possibly release without a lot more detail from the users?
                              Simply stating 'my sim or your product is doing this, or not doing that' in a forum, rather than giving them detail to work with is not enough, and helps no one to get to the bottom of a problem.
                              Steve Mel

Comment

I have had three freeze/lockups occur over the past week. Two at KDCA RNAV (RNP) Rwy 1 and one at KDEN ILS 16R. All three were at "about" 1000 AGL on final, fully configured for landing. I don't honestly remember if I had just switched views prior to the freeze, but will start monitoring these events. I usually don't change views at that particular part of the flight. Once frozen MSFS is INOP. I left the last one on the screen for 45 minutes. Have to use task manager to shut MSFS down. Which means having to do a full cold reboot for other reasons. No mouse into the window, no control inputs (TM Warthog HOTAS THQ). two year old I9 9900KS, Titan 2080Ti 13G, 64MB ram, PMDG 737_700 with SW livery (installed about two weeks ago, I'm not one of those "early adapters"). KDCA is NOT payware. Have done some circut work at FlyTampa's KBOS with no events. KDEN is default too. I have 10 GoFlight modules (the other reason for cold boot, to get them reset) and of course they freeze up too. The sim just goes INOP. Second monitor, Navigraph, FSLTL AI injector is running. That's about it. This morning I updated my NVidia drivers, something I have not done in a long time (over 6 months). Going to fly a bit of GA for a day or two and see if anything along these lines occurs. I fly 4 to 8 hours a day (retired, it's nice!!) Will take notes. I'll come back and try a few more 737 flights mid to late week and see what gives. Wil monitor the thread. If it happens again I'll fill out a ticket, or if the smart folks at PMDG are reading this and wish a ticket, please let me know and I'll be pleased to oblige. Cheers!
                                Last edited by radial9; 24Oct2022, 14:48.
                                Bob Tonkin

Comment

I will raise a ticket shortly. I have only experienced this in the last 2 flights I've done with the -800. For all my previous flights all was ok. Today I armed APPR mode and then realised it had done the silent AP disconnect when I didn't hear the spoiler arm when I moved the lever. Realised I was in frozen mode - all switches and gauges inop - all axes working but not showing as such. Managed to land as I was visual but after a 4hr flight, somewhat annoyed tbh.

Yes I use SPAD but I have on this sim since day 1 so don't see that's a likely cause.
                                  Bill Zarkov

Comment

Originally posted by radial9 View Post
                                    I have had three freeze/lockups occur over the past week. Two at KDCA RNAV (RNP) Rwy 1 and one at KDEN ILS 16R. All three were at "about" 1000 AGL on final, fully configured for landing. I don't honestly remember if I had just switched views prior to the freeze, but will start monitoring these events. I usually don't change views at that particular part of the flight. Once frozen MSFS is INOP. I left the last one on the screen for 45 minutes. Have to use task manager to shut MSFS down. Which means having to do a full cold reboot for other reasons. No mouse into the window, no control inputs (TM Warthog HOTAS THQ). two year old I9 9900KS, Titan 2080Ti 13G, 64MB ram, PMDG 737_700 with SW livery (installed about two weeks ago, I'm not one of those "early adapters"). KDCA is NOT payware. Have done some circut work at FlyTampa's KBOS with no events. KDEN is default too. I have 10 GoFlight modules (the other reason for cold boot, to get them reset) and of course they freeze up too. The sim just goes INOP. Second monitor, Navigraph, FSLTL AI injector is running. That's about it. This morning I updated my NVidia drivers, something I have not done in a long time (over 6 months). Going to fly a bit of GA for a day or two and see if anything along these lines occurs. I fly 4 to 8 hours a day (retired, it's nice!!) Will take notes. I'll come back and try a few more 737 flights mid to late week and see what gives. Wil monitor the thread. If it happens again I'll fill out a ticket, or if the smart folks at PMDG are reading this and wish a ticket, please let me know and I'll be pleased to oblige. Cheers!
                                    Beware of the latest Nvidia driver, some have had issues (including me), rolled back to 517.xx
                                    Mike Murphy
                                    Commercial, Instrument, Rotorcraft-Helicopter

Comment

I thought what the XXXX, I'll refly the KPHX/KDEN. All good until... turned from downwind to base ILS 16R KDEN at the madatory 10K feet at JEEPR, the aircraft leveled out and MSFS just CTD'd. Flaps 2, 190 knots, stable flight. In almost a year of regular use of MSFS, I have had 1 CTD. Sumtins up...
                                      Bob Tonkin

Comment

Mines also freezing on approach to land. I can land but every single screen/button/noise doesnt work. But the sim outside of the cockpit works fine!

Comment

I have had this happen twice with the 737-700 PAX (yesterday 11/08/2022 was the second). Both times resulted immediately after making a FMC Leg change to solve a Route Discontinuity.
                                          Everything PMDG Related froze and was unresponsive (displays, buttons, key controls, etc.) "The Sim" (MSFS) however was operational and responded to yoke, throttle axis, and gear. Was able to land both times thanks to Foreflight Synthetic view.
                                          Last edited by Sqk7744; 11Nov2022, 19:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sqk7744 View Post
                                            I have had this happen twice (yesterday 11/08/2022 was the second). Both times resulted immediately after making a FMC Leg change to solve a Route Discontinuity.
                                            Everything PMDG Related froze and was unresponsive (displays, buttons, key controls, etc.) "The Sim" (MSFS) however was operational and responded to yoke, throttle axis, and gear. Was able to land both times thanks to Foreflight Synthetic view.
                                            Similar for me last week, my first freeze. Pretty sure the last button I hit was to erase a change though. Was still climbing so was an abort for me - since it was a VA flight there was no point continuing if I couldn't shut down the engines anyway!..

Gary Davies

Comment

Originally posted by Steve M View Post

Never had this before today.
                                              I had almost exactly the same display information as your video.
                                              I also received a traffic warning (red) at less than 2000 ft on approach, flap 40 speeds, so less than a minute from the runway and landing, and all switches froze while still flying.
                                              The traffic warning (in red) was about 15 secs before the freeze.
                                              The traffic actually flew past me to land while my flightdeck was frozen!
                                              Although the yoke was still working I could not action a go around, and unfortunately for me the plane was already locked on an ILS descent (LOC and GS), and it steered itself off that and continued to descend (smoothly...) into the ground away from the runway.
                                              This was after a 3hr flight...
                                              This is perfect sergio8234!

Comment

Working...
                                              X