Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Airplane freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TH454 View Post

I use Axes and Ohs and have not seen any freezes or flickering PFD (knock on wood)
    That’s good to know, but I mostly want to know if the people who ARE getting freezes might be using something like this. It seems like when people think to mention it, I have heard more than one mention of FSUIPC. I also saw several streamers in the last couple weeks who had CTD’s or cockpit freezes during streams and all of them appeared to be using LRM (Landing Rate Monitor), which uses FSUIPC.
    Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

• TH454
      TH454 commented
      Editing a comment
      If folks would provide some basic information perhaps a pattern would show up.

I do have FSUIPC and autosave on it enabled but micro freezes I"m getting are not due to save they don't happen at 15 minute autosave marks. The best culprit I can think of for mine is sim trying to catch up with the plane in loading the scenery and it causes a 5-10 second microfreeze here and there. Nothing too dramatic. What the plane and the sim does not like for sure at least for me is me playing with a control bridge while in the air. Had more than one CTD playing around with SPAD during the flight. I don't have any other exotic addons installed besides FSUIPC and spad.
    Aleks Matrosov

Comment

• DrVenkman
      DrVenkman commented
      Editing a comment
      Microstutters and tiny momentary freezes are *probably* something different and, as you suggest, related to scenery streaming in. Too many people experience something similar with too many different planes. That is different from the complete virtual cockpit freezes people are talking about in the thread - when most of the pilot’s physical controls seem to work fine but the cockpit animations and displays are completely frozen and remains so for the duration of the flight.

• matrosov
      matrosov commented
      Editing a comment
      Those only happened to me after the user initiated pause. Pause at TOD works fine but anything else pause related would get me into that state at random.

I'm the latest victim. MSFS function still worked but I couldn't move any knobs, push any buttons. Happened on short final to KSJC.

Some mentions in this thread of using the FMC prior to the 737 freeze. ATC had me change approaches while in descent, so I reprogrammed the arrival section of the FMC about five minutes before the plane stopped working.

Jim R
    Last edited by Aztecsince79; 13Jun2022, 02:18.

Comment

I just had this issue. Was entering an offset into the FMC and the whole sim froze. Could still hear the sounds of the sim and no CTD. Had to force quit as it was unrecoverable

First time it has ever happened to me.

Scott M

Comment

I had this issue for twice, right at the same area.
        Got freezes every time when going a spot between KALB and KBAF. MCDU Panel screens & button is working, Sound is good, go-in-&-out external/cockpit view and no CTD, too.

Flaps are working and I see the speed bar is updating.
        Plane just not going anywhere and all knobs in cockpit are not moving.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I Just noticed this a week ago I Uninstalled bredok 737 and flyby wire 32 neo and it stopped malfunctioning

Comment

Since the update to 3.00.0024 I sometimes have the problem that everything freezes. Right now too. I deleted waypoints in the FMC as direct to and the plane froze. I could still steer. But why? I think it has something to do with FMC. PMDG please resolve this issue quickly. It's not fun anymore.

Markus
            Last edited by Komet; 03Jul2022, 09:50.

Comment

I've had something like this happen twice already. The engine sound continues, but FS is just locked up. Can't control anything or even look around. "Not Responding" in task manager.

For me, in both cases, it's been after messing up an approach and trying to turn around to try again. The latest one, I was maneuvering and trying to enter new waypoints in the FMC when it stuck.
              Frank Racis

Comment

Same here. Plane froze afteR I exited a hold at RTT setting up for the loc 26 apr at lowi. A was on the fmc to reprogram the approach after atc assigned me a new one. Was still able to land the plane from the external view. Also none of the control service moved. Msfs2020 all the latest versions. Nu oTher software other than vpilot and navigraph running

any suggestions?

petrr Tangstrøm

Comment

It just happened to me during a VATSIM event, I had to disconnect from vPilot... My searches brought me here.

Here's how it happened.

It was during the descent.

I initially had an approach but no STAR in the FMC (Simbrief did not give me one). So during cruise arriving at TOD, the ATC gave me an appraoch (BOREE 3A, for Runway 16R at YSSY), which I loaded in the FMC. Then I believe the cockpit freeze happened after opened the LEGS page, because I wanted to remove the discontinuity. But I could not...

I then saw the altimeter not moving, I thought I was on active pause until I looked outside. Then I wanted to troubleshoot but could not click on any button of the cockpit.

Video : https://youtu.be/EtNy-Ph8mcw
                  Please be courteous, English is not my primary language.

Comment

Yesterday I experienced the same issue. I was flying on a busy VATSIM event and had to enter a hold. When entering the hold into the FMC everything was frozen. I had to restart MSFS.
                    The programs I used are Volanta, Navigraph and FSUIPC.

The video from the person above was exactly what I had.
                    Last edited by erwin85; 07Aug2022, 10:50.
                    Erwin Geiger EHAM

Comment

I just wanted to bring this up again because I literally just experienced this right now as well for me, I had a TCAS that was issued asking me to descend while on final approach on a RNAVY 22L into KJFK and that is when it froze for me. Entire airplane locked up, it was flyable, but nothing moved at all. The PFD was frozen, the NAV display, Engine Display etc. The only add on I was using was FSRealistic and obviously the PMDG, everything else was vanilla. Mo FSUIPC or any of that sort of programs at all. Just those two add-ons. I exited FSRealistic to see if that would get the airplane to respond again but to no luck. Anybody else had this problem while using that program or just have it happen in general at all as of now.

I managed to record it too, I felt I was a little to fast as I could not tell how my airspeed was due to it being frozen, so that is why you will see a good float in there lol.
                      Last edited by sergio8234; 08Aug2022, 09:50.
                      Sergio Gutierrez

Comment

I also had all the switches and instruments freeze on me today after I loaded a newly assigned approach by ATC into the MCDU and tried to select direct to the ALANA waypoint on the approach while into PHNL. Here is a YouTube video of the incident at the 1:06:58 mark:

John Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Crohn321 View Post
                          I also had all the switches and instruments freeze on me today after I loaded a newly assigned approach by ATC into the MCDU and tried to select direct to the ALANA waypoint on the approach while into PHNL. Here is a YouTube video of the incident at the 1:06:58 mark:

https://youtu.be/2HosYPs7jUw
                          Exactly what I experienced, no indications at all, wasn't able to tell my airspeed. Who knows what causes it.
                          Sergio Gutierrez

Comment

Got the exact same issue first time after i got Volanta Premium with autosave feature! Never had that issue without Volanta Premium before (35 flight hours).

So I'm pretty sure it's VOlanta causing that issue...

Comment

Got the same issue at very different times of my flights, (taxi, takeoff, cruise and approach) but I'm not using volanta, it might be something else... Can't figurte out what it is.

Philippe Bignens
                              Last edited by G1R05; 29Aug2022, 14:10.
                              Philippe Bignens

Comment

I just had this happen to me on short final at LAL in the 800BCF. Everything was fine, disconnected the A/P and A/T using my binds at about 5nm final, then at about 1nm final all my controls and cockpit froze. I couldn't click anything or manipulate anything and crashed .5nm from the threshold, annoying to say the least.
                                Austin Jones

Comment

I don't think this is a PMDG problem TBH. I've had this happen (rarely) in other aircraft but not in any of the 737's yet. Perhaps it will disappear with SU10 if we are lucky.
                                  Greg N.
                                  Avionics Systems Software Engineer

Comment

My MSFS2020 works perfectly...
                                    When I load a PMDG 737-700 the loading is carried out normally until the end.
                                    But the scene does not appear on the screen.
                                    The Microsoft wallpaper image visible during loading remains displayed and everything freezes at this stage.
                                    This problem appeared after the last update.
                                    I have already tried everything without result after 7 hours of wasted time....
                                    Jean-Paul Vanderhaegen

Comment

My PMDG 737-800 also suffers from momentary freezes and I am convinced that it is an airplane problem. The reason? With other pay liners this problem does not manifest itself at all.
                                      Giuseppe Paradiso

Comment

If so, then submit a ticket to the PMDG support portal. You will get one to one help to resolve your issue.
                                        Eddie Zetlein, Surrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Freccia2022 View Post
                                          My PMDG 737-800 also suffers from momentary freezes and I am convinced that it is an airplane problem. The reason? With other pay liners this problem does not manifest itself at all.
                                          Are you using any autosave features like Volanta or FSUIPC? Those both cause freezes when they save
                                          Mike Murphy
                                          Commercial, Instrument, Rotorcraft-Helicopter

Comment

Originally posted by Helibrewer View Post

Are you using any autosave features like Volanta or FSUIPC? Those both cause freezes when they save
                                            Giuseppe Paradiso

Comment

Originally posted by Freccia2022 View Post
                                              It may depend on just exactly what type of "freeze" people are talking about, but I've certainly experienced the type of freeze I believe the OP is talking about in aircraft other than the PMDG 737's. It occurs very rarely for me - but I've had it in other aircraft and not yet in the 737's.
                                              Greg N.
                                              Avionics Systems Software Engineer

Comment

This has now happened to me twice in my past six flights in the -800. First at KDEN on the ILS 35L and then at EGCC on the ILS 23R. It's always on approach at around 800ft. The displays completely freeze up and I can't click anything in the cockpit.

I've submitted a ticket with as much info as I can provide, but it looks like we're going to have to reproduce it ourselves or it's going to just become a permabug.
                                                Alex Pugh

Comment

It happens to me also since a couple of days, never before. It freezes for about 1 /2 minutes and cannot manipulate any control.- I dont know if there is some connection with the issue, but when I tried selecting one of the options of the upper bar, as the pilot aid for example, I can regain control
                                                  jorge soldano

Comment

Originally posted by Solito View Post
                                                    It happens to me also since a couple of days, never before. It freezes for about 1 /2 minutes and cannot manipulate any control.- I dont know if there is some connection with the issue, but when I tried selecting one of the options of the upper bar, as the pilot aid for example, I can regain control
                                                    That's interesting. I'll have to try that the next time it happens.
                                                    Alex Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by Solito View Post
                                                      BTW what other programs are you running? I think you should put in a ticket w/ PMDG's support with that info to help narrow it down.
                                                      Alex Pugh

Comment

Hello everyone!

So it seems this was my turn with this problem. Arriving at Lisbon from Amsterdam, the plane just freezed on the final:

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Filipe Santos - Portugal

System: AMD 5600x, MSI 3080 3X OC, 32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Comment

Originally posted by FoxtrotSierra View Post
                                                          Hello everyone!

So it seems this was my turn with this problem. Arriving at Lisbon from Amsterdam, the plane just freezed on the final:

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Filipe Santos - Portugal

System: AMD 5600x, MSI 3080 3X OC, 32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM
                                                          Please submit a ticket to PMDG because right now they think it’s just me experiencing the issue
                                                          Alex Pugh

Comment

Working...
                                                          X