Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Unable to transfer Simbrief flightplan to FMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to transfer Simbrief flightplan to FMC

I have carefully followed all the steps in several YouTube videos on how to transfer my flightplan using the Simbrief Downloader to my MSFS flightplans directory and checked that it was there.

But in spite of that, when I try to load the plan in my FMC by entering the KDENKBUR I get an error message.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be most welcome.

Claus Jensen
    Last edited by CVJ; 14May2022, 17:02. Reason: typos

Hi Claus.

You will find the explanation on how to do this on Pages 117 and 118 of the Introduction document that comes with the airplane.

Regards,
    Roberto
    Roberto Stopnicki
    Toronto, Canada

Comment

Hi Claus

I had the same problems. It's not explained in the manual: you have to either put the flightplan into the mentionned folder before starting MSFS or go back to the main menu and launch a new flight for the aircraft being able to load the flightplan. If you are already sitting in the cockipt and copy the files only then, it will not be able to "detect" them. The plane needs to be reloaded first.
      Franz Ruettimann

Comment

Originally posted by Franz007 View Post
        Hi Claus

I had the same problems. It's not explained in the manual: you have to either put the flightplan into the mentionned folder before starting MSFS or go back to the main menu and launch a new flight for the aircraft being able to load the flightplan. If you are already sitting in the cockipt and copy the files only then, it will not be able to "detect" them. The plane needs to be reloaded first.
        Exactly correct ,
        Last edited by Freightdawg; 15May2022, 01:35.
        John C

Comment

• Crabby
          Crabby commented
          Editing a comment
          No patch needed. Manual reading needed. It works fine.

I have no clue what simulator you guys are flying. I can load the plane, sit at the gate, get aircraft into ground power, do a simbrief plan, export the plan AND then load it into the FMC. I have done 4 flights in a row without ever reloading the sim or the plane. Something you are doing is wrong, or I have a better version.

Comment

Originally posted by CVJ View Post
          I have carefully followed all the steps in several YouTube videos on how to transfer my flightplan using the Simbrief Downloader to my MSFS flightplans directory and checked that it was there.

But in spite of that, when I try to load the plan in my FMC by entering the KDENKBUR I get an error message.

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be most welcome.

Claus Jensen
          Well first of all it does NOT go into your MSFS Flt plans directory. Why are you watching youtubes when you have a manual that tells you how to do it? Good grief, no wonder you can't get it to work

Comment

Flightplans go:
            Users\YOUR USERNAMEAppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSim ulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans
            WX file goes:
            \Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppDAta\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSi mulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX

As in the manual. Are you guys NOT using the Simbrief downloader?

Comment

• Hotas
              Hotas commented
              Editing a comment
              I did completely the way as described in the manual.
              Files are exported and i got notice that they are saved in het correct folder.
              When i check the folders flightplans are not there.
              Any suggestions?
              Thanks

Mark,

I am using the Simbrief downloader as I said in my original post, viz.
            "I have carefully followed all the steps in several YouTube videos on how to transfer my flightplan using the Simbrief Downloader to my MSFS flightplans directory and checked that it was there."

I have also read and followed all the steps on pages 116,117 and 118 in the PMDG Introduction.

My problem is that it does not work. When I try to enter the specific Simbrief flight plan, in my case KDENKBUR I get the error message.

Mark, now do you understand?

Claus Jensen
            Last edited by CVJ; 14May2022, 18:33. Reason: typos

Comment

• Crabby
              Crabby commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure, I understood the first time. Now let's see if you understand "using the Simbrief Downloader to my MSFS flightplans directory" is NOT correct. If you read those pages you would not be having a problem. From the manual
              Using Simbrief to create a flight plan and weather data
              In your SimBrief Downloader define an additional two folders pointing at <MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans under PMDG FLIGHTPLANS
              and
              <MSFS root>\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX under PMDG WIND UPLINK.
              Make sure you check the tick mark next to the PMDG FLIGHTPLAN and PMDG WIND UPLINK entries.

And a nice picture of the sim brief downloader too. If yours does not look the same that is why you are having problems.

• Hotas
              Hotas commented
              Editing a comment
              I can confirm some strange behaviour.
              I initially thought the sim brief plan does not work,but actually I loaded flight plans to the designed folder ,started the sim and they are present in the fmc.
              But I can not find the flight plans in the folders to which the plans were exported.
              Windows issue? I use windows 11.
              I can not explain

Like this works. Like other does not. PMDG_737_MSFS_Introduction.jpg

Comment

I just flew from MLSP to MPTO, parked, got coffee and a shower, filed MPTO to SKMZ and wala it works. If yours does not work, it is a local system/user issue or I am the only one that has a working copy. Use your logic noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabby View Post
                Flightplans go:
                Users\YOUR USERNAMEAppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSim ulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans
                There is no folder named "work" in my installation. I am using a different drive for my community folder, as recommanded. Here my link:

D:\MSFS2020\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\Flightplans

Franz Ruettimann

Comment

• citation79
                  citation79 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It doesn't go there, go to your C:\Users folder and follow the path like they wrote here:

Whatever you save there will be accesible immediately without restarting the sim.

That's not where it goes, if you use the simbrief downloader then it finds the correct path.

G
                Gary Davies

Comment

Thats so complicated seriously. I thought "simbrief downloader" means downloading the export-files for the PMDG-format? I just discovered a software named "simbrief downloader" i was not aware of and that we have to install. But then it asks me in which folder it should download the PMDG-flightplans because it doesnt find it automatically.

I gues i have to enter first the root-path to MSFS? But there is no exe-file being found within the folder C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fli ghtSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Where do i have to point it? I was never ever able to find any exe-file for MSFS 2020.
                  Last edited by Franz007; 14May2022, 19:24.
                  Franz Ruettimann

Comment

• Crabby
                    Crabby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guys, it is not complicated. let me try and explain again. LOOK ABOVE AT BOTH THE LINKS AND THE PICTURE, THAT BY THE WAY ARE IN THE MANUAL THAT IS SIMPLE TO READ, AND PUT THE DARN FILES WHERE SPECIFIED. If you do that one simple thing this one and only time it will work. Nothing is broke, at least on the PMDG end of things. Now that you have downloader, you have not set up the proper MSFS path in it. There is a manual for Simbrief Dowloader too. Computers are trash in trash out, if you are getting trash out, look at the trash you are giving it.

Once the downloader is set up it will even transfer the plan and weather file as soon as they are created, no effort needed at all.

The path for me was different to that above, not at my PC at the moment but work directory was in something like ...

%appdata%\roaming\microsoft flight simulator\pmdg 737\

The wx directory is there as well.

G
                  Gary Davies

Comment

Crabby

Again: I do NOT have this path. Under C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fli ghtSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages i have only a folder "community" and another one "Official".

I guess this path has first to be created by the Simbrief -downloader. But for that to work i need to indicate him the path for MSFS. But then again: where is the excutable file for MSFS located? I cannot find any. What kind of path is needed for locating MSFS?

Or do we have to create this folders (...)/pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans manually?
                    Franz Ruettimann

Comment

Originally posted by Gazzareth View Post
                      Once the downloader is set up
                      Thats the problem i'm having right now. I cannot set up the downloader because i don't know what path i have to set under "simulator path".

Unbenannt.png

Franz Ruettimann

Comment

Crabby

Again: I do NOT have this path. Under C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fli ghtSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages i have only a folder "community" and another one "Official".

I guess this path has first to be created by the Simbrief -downloader. But for that to work i need to indicate him the path for MSFS. But then again: where is the excutable file for MSFS located? I cannot find any. What kind of path is needed for locating MSFS?

Or do we have to create this folders (...)/pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans manually?
                        That's your error. The part I've bolded and emphasized SHOULD be ...\LocalState\[ackages\...
                        Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrVenkman View Post

That's your error. The part I've bolded and emphasized SHOULD be ...\LocalState\[ackages\...
                          Aaaahhhhhh....indeed my fault. I apologize. It was almost the same....problem is solved now. Thank you 😃
                          Franz Ruettimann

Comment

Dr.Venkman

Here is my problem with the path "C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Fl ightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages". The "Test" directory is missing!

Crabby

I have the same problem as mentioned by Franz007. "The program was not able to detect any folders for this add-on. Please manually select them."

Any Suggestions?

Claus Jensen

MSFS 2020 Store version

Comment

• Crabby
                              Crabby commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I would start with MANUALLY selecting it but I can’t explain why I would. Must be a hunch

• lews_world
                              lews_world commented
                              Editing a comment
                              that "test" folder is just the name of that persons folder for them only, yours will be different. Replace "test" with %userprofile% and it will find your folder:

EG: C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages

Why are you looking for a directory called test? Guys this is not that hard. Folllow the exact instructions and paths in the manual and this thread. Sim brief downloaded also has instructions.

Comment

"Sim brief downloaded also has instructions" ???
                              Last edited by CVJ; 14May2022, 22:55.

Comment

Hi Claus

This is incorrect. The above scenario is only true if the simbrief downloader is pointing to the flightplans folder inside your community folder. If you point it to the flightplans folder in your windows profile folder, it will load into the FMC as soon as its downloaded. I can be parked on the ramp, dispatch a brand new flight on simbrief and load the plan into the plane without reloading from the menu.

I believe these file paths can differ depending how your sim is installed (steam/MS store or installed on dedicated drive like myself), but this is how they are for me (steam):

Wrong path that requires you to reload the plane:

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator \Packages\Community\pmdg-aircraft-737\Config\Flightplans

Correct path that allows it to work instantly:

C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans

Lewis McKenzie
                                Lewis McKenzie

Comment

Lewis,

I do NOT have an \AppData\ directory in my Window 10Pro filedirectories. That is evidently what is screwing up the Simbrief installation. The Windows 10 Pro was reinstalled recently after my PC crashed.

Last edited by CVJ; 14May2022, 22:53.

Comment

Lewis,

I do NOT have an \AppData\ directory in my Window 10Pro filedirectories. That is evidently what is screwing up the Simbrief installation. The Windows 10 Pro was reinstalled recently after my PC crashed.

Thank you for trying to be helpful. Compared to a smug and condesending poster above.
                                    Yes you have, it's both "hidden" and a "system directory" so you should flag both of them in the file view option for hidden file, and it's NOT where your MSFS packages are if you use a different hard disk for them, it's always in the disk where Windows is installed. By the way, in my PC the folder where you find Flightplans and WX is:

C:\Users\your windows username here\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work
                                    Davide Giaretta

Comment

Lewis,

Click the Windows Start button and in the search bar at top, type: %AppData% and hit ENTER. That should open the folder for you.
                                      Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

I hope this works out for you. I've had about thirteen trips in the 737 since monday, and the simbrief RTE and WX data i''ve generated for the trips has been working as it should. Follow the steps the gents offers you and you shall find it too. (and read the instructions in the introduction closely as well, and make sure that hidden folders in your harddrive directories ar not hidden )
                                        Christoph Linden

Comment

"make sure that hidden folders in your harddrive directories ar not hidden )".

They were and I opened them and now I got all the way to "Roaming", But there was no "Microsoft Flight Simulator" Directory.

I did a file search for that directory and nothing was found.
                                          This is so frustrating!

Comment

HI CVJ:
                                            First, make sure that you add your full name to your posts in this forum (otherwise you'll get your wrist slapped by a forum moderator. And, it is always nice to address somebody by their name)

In my case (and I really don't know why) the Microsoft packages, install themselves in the LOCAL folder of APPDATA and not in the ROAMING one.
                                            I have attached a screen grab of my system, that hopefully will help you. Just check in the LOCAL folder
                                            Regards,
                                            Roberto

( 1) is your username, and (2) is the MSFS folder)

MSFS Location.jpg
                                            Roberto Stopnicki
                                            Toronto, Canada

Comment

• stopnicki
                                              stopnicki commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Sorry Claus, I realized that you had placed your name at the top of this post

SOLUTION!

Ian from Navigraph/Simbrief provided the following:

"Hi Claus,

I shall assume you installed the standard MSFS Sim from Marketplace: If not please advise.

In SimBrief Downloader PMDG Flightplan section you need to add a Download Directory where SimBrief places the rte files created when you generate an OFP. This will something like:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Micro soft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Pack ages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans

In PMDG Wind Uplink section you need to add a Download Directory where SimBrief places the weather files. This will something like:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Micro soft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Pack ages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX"

That worked!

Comment

• Crabby
                                              Crabby commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Yep, just as posted above, doing it the right way works almost every time!

But presumably there's no space between Micro and soft
                                            Micro soft

or between Pack and ages
                                            Pack ages

This is a problem with the editor associated with this forum. It seems to insert those space by itself.
                                            Last edited by jrw4; 15May2022, 16:59.
                                            John Wiesenfeld - KPBI
                                            PPL/IFR, VATSIM C1 (ZNY)

Comment

• Crabby
                                              Crabby commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              no spaces as would be expected.

• CVJ
                                              CVJ commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              There's no spaces
                                              Cheers