Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Flight Plan is not recognized by MSFS ATC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight Plan is not recognized by MSFS ATC

I just experienced that the flightplan I enter into the FMS is not gecognized by the MSFS ATC. So I can´t ask for ATC-clearence and cant use the ATC. It seems MSFS don´t know about the flightplan entered in the PMDG 737-FMS. Anyone else with that problem?

Greets
    Data

FMC flightplan is completely separate from MSFS flightplan that you load from the Map

Comment

Thanks for the reply. In other aircraft the flightplans entered in FMS or CDU are sent to MSFS so that the ATC works. Hope that will be fixed.

Comment

If you use Simbrief you can also export it to a MSFS2020 flight plan file. I have tried to just add my departure airport on in FS and then load a flight plan thru the FMC at the gate for example with the FBW A320 but I also get no option for clearance since I did not place a destination within the FS built-in fight creater.
        Bill Alicea (FS4, FS98, FS2000, FS9, FS2020)
        Asus Tuf Gaming + B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5900X - EVGA RTX 3070 - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz-- EVGA 850W Power Supply - 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Comment

• Helibrewer
          Helibrewer commented
          Editing a comment
          I also found it won't log a landing if there is no destination in the world map

Originally posted by Data View Post
        Thanks for the reply. In other aircraft the flightplans entered in FMS or CDU are sent to MSFS so that the ATC works. Hope that will be fixed.
        It's not broken, you just need to save your flightplan in MSFS format and then load it into MSFS. Alternatively save yourself the pain and get p2atc.....

G
        Gary Davies

Comment

It's not broken, you just need to save your flightplan in MSFS format and then load it into MSFS. Alternatively save yourself the pain and get p2atc.....
          Sorry but in every other plane in MSFS you can input the data into the NAV display and it get´s copied to the sim and ATC. Even in the DC6 from PMDG. So in my point of view it´s broken for now.

Comment

Even in the DC6 from PMDG.
            Well NOW I'm curious where you found that FMS in the DC6 to type in a flightplan, that gets filed to MSFS? I must have missed it for the last ~600 hours.

The PMDG 737 is not "other planes", "other planes" lack features the 737 has. Different developers solve their stuff in different ways. If you use simbrief just use the Simbrief downloader and add the MSFS directory to the list and it's still the same effort as before. Or simply copy your planned route and paste it into the flight planner. etc etc. There are several possibilities.
            Last edited by Ephedrin; 14May2022, 18:24.
            Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
            Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

Well NOW I'm curious where you found that FMS in the DC6 to type in a flightplan, that gets filed to MSFS? I must have missed it for the last ~600 hours.

The PMDG 737 is not "other planes", "other planes" lack features the 737 has. Different developers solve their stuff in different ways. If you use simbrief just use the Simbrief downloader and add the MSFS directory to the list and it's still the same effort as before. Or simply copy your planned route and paste it into the flight planner. etc etc. There are several possibilities.
              I have to agree with original poster; PMDG DC6 garmin FP is recognized by MSFS ATC and auto directs you to Clearance freq. Will the same be implemented in 73 or will we need to do other actions to get MSFS to recognize FP from in-jet programming?
              Max Halberstrand
              KFJK

Comment

• Helibrewer
                Helibrewer commented
                Editing a comment
                This is handled by the Garmin directly, either the PMS50 mod version or Asobo

I'm not familiar with how the DC-6 works in MSFS. However, to my knowledge, none of PMDG's Boeing aircraft have ever communicated their flight plan to the default flight planner built into any previous simulators, or the default ATC, and I would be surprised if they started doing so now with MSFS. Having said that, I have done all of my flying online for a long time, so I have never had a need to use the default flight planner or default ATC.
              Tim Lincoln
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

• enhorabuena
                enhorabuena commented
                Editing a comment
                Totally understand you dont need to use this method, but some of us do; and in MSFS, the PMDG DC6 (like other native/moded aircraft), allows for Clearance freq option to be displayed AFTER planning your route into the Garmin unit. For those that are curious about this now in 73, we are asking if its possible.

Totally cool if we have to do it another way, but still want to understand if it will be possible at some point/or if its possible now and we are doing something wrong or dont have a certain setting set.

• Ephedrin
                Ephedrin commented
                Editing a comment
                unlikely to be possible since the flightplanner and PMDG use totally different and incompatible formates. My best advice is to plan in Simbrief or other services and copy the route into the MSFS flightplanner. (or directly load into the sim)

• Want2BFlyin
                Want2BFlyin commented
                Editing a comment
                enhorabuena I wasn't trying to say that you were doing it wrong. I just included that comment to indicate that I could have very well missed something simply because I don't use it that way.

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
              I'm not familiar with how the DC-6 works in MSFS. However, to my knowledge, none of PMDG's Boeing aircraft have ever communicated their flight plan to the default flight planner built into any previous simulators, or the default ATC, and I would be surprised if they started doing so now with MSFS. Having said that, I have done all of my flying online for a long time, so I have never had a need to use the default flight planner or default ATC.
              Yes they do in P3D. When you request wind data for your route it loads an IFR flightplan. But all that had to do with how Active Sky works and I'm pretty sure that AS was the only reason.

Max, the Garmin is not a PMDG device, it's Asobo themselves who send this forth and back then.
              Marc Ehnle

Comment

• enhorabuena
                enhorabuena commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it - thank you!
                Will work on the traditional import method then to it can sync with ATC.
                Thanks!

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
              Yes they do in P3D. When you request wind data for your route it loads an IFR flightplan. But all that had to do with how Active Sky works and I'm pretty sure that AS was the only reason.
              Huh, really? I always assumed it was just using the flight plan in AS. I'll have to take a closer look the next time I fly a PMDG aircraft in P3D.
              Tim Lincoln
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

My cheap option is little navmap, unfortunately no waypoint attitudes possible thus still faulty ATC altitude messages

Comment

Huh, really? I always assumed it was just using the flight plan in AS. I'll have to take a closer look the next time I fly a PMDG aircraft in P3D.
                  I'm not entirely sure anymore how this works and for what reason but I stumbled over it testing GFO as my side was configured incorrectly ^^
                  Marc Ehnle

Comment

Sorry but in every other plane in MSFS you can input the data into the NAV display and it get´s copied to the sim and ATC. Even in the DC6 from PMDG. So in my point of view it´s broken for now.
                    this is incorrect. New versions (experimental) of FBW do not do this and neither does aircraft like the CRJ. Because of their coding it doesn’t natively sync to the sim. FBW does have an option to push it to the sim but it’s apparently prone to causing issues.
                    Charles Paluda

Comment

None of the very advanced airliners will have this, because they function outside the core simulation.

The solution is to generate the plan on Simbrief, then configure the Simbrief downloader to drop a MSFS format plan into the folder that MSFS uses (as well as the PMDG routes and wx folders). You only need to set it up one time, then with one click after you generate the OFP you’ll always have the flight plan for ATC as well as upload it into the FMS and also import the cruise and descent winds. It sounds complicated but people here can help you.
                      Matt Smith

Comment

I think AS can read the FP from p3d, although think you need to load the FP after starting the flight. I always loaded the plan directly into AS though...

G
                        Gary Davies

Comment

This is interestimg. If I want to save the flight plan from Simbrief, what path should this be? I noticed that under the following path " AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8 wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState" some flight Plan do exist (3 files for each FPlan ) with extention: FLT , FLTSAVE, SPB. So I presume this is where to direct the Simbrief downloader . I am right? But then where would I put the VX files?
                          Charles Mann Australia
                          Win 10 CPU Intel i7 6700k 4Ghz quad core DDr4 Ram GPU GTX970 500Gb SSD 1TB HDD 737 P3D

Comment

• Helibrewer
                            Helibrewer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That is the correct place for the MSFS flight plan

Originally posted by Gazzareth View Post
                          I think AS can read the FP from p3d, although think you need to load the FP after starting the flight. I always loaded the plan directly into AS though...
                          I've never loaded a flight plan directly into P3D. I do load it into AS, though.
                          Tim Lincoln
                          My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by enhorabuena View Post

I have to agree with original poster; PMDG DC6 garmin FP is recognized by MSFS ATC and auto directs you to Clearance freq. Will the same be implemented in 73 or will we need to do other actions to get MSFS to recognize FP from in-jet programming?
                            PMDG is using the default Asobo garmin for the DC-6, that’s why it is recognized by MSFS ATC.

The FMC in the 737 is custom coded. It does not interface with MSFS ATC, nor is it designed to, nor is it planned.
                            James Ward

Comment

I've never loaded a flight plan directly into P3D. I do load it into AS, though.
                              I used to but it's kinda finicky to do it that way, easier to load straight into AS then you know it's done....

G
                              Gary Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X