Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Has anyone been able to map the autopilot disengage lever to a button or switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone been able to map the autopilot disengage lever to a button or switch?

I've tried multiple sim events, LVARs HVARs, etc. in Axis and Ohs, but I can't seem to get the flippin' thing mapped to anything. I have the HC Alpha and Bravo, as well as the Thrustmaster TCA Airbus throttle (that I just use for extra buttons on the 737). Thanks.
    Jim Herrod
    PMDG 737-700BDSF
    MSFS2020

Yes without issue.
    check the welcome (I think it’s called) documentation and search for autopilot - it gives the exact name of the control command you need to bind.

sorry not home so can’t check now
    Jason A.

Comment

Did you already reach out to the AAO dev for the beta version of it that exposes PMDG events? https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...7-msfs-in-aao/
      Alex Pugh

Comment

The more fundamental question might be, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to disconnect everything, can't you just use the standard AP Master On/Off toggle function?
        Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrVenkman View Post
          The more fundamental question might be, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? If you just want to disconnect everything, can't you just use the standard AP Master On/Off toggle function?
          The default MSFS function for AP master will just re-engage AP, which is kind of annoying if you click one too many times to cancel the AP alarm.
          Alex Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by AirBadger View Post

The default MSFS function for AP master will just re-engage AP, which is kind of annoying if you click one too many times to cancel the AP alarm.
            Right from the Introduction document:

This has worked for me in my 4-5 flights so far. It's also the standard MSFS default for AP Master On/Off. I have it mapped to a button on my throttle quadrant currently.
            Attached Files
            Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Right from the Introduction document:

This has worked for me in my 4-5 flights so far. It's also the standard MSFS default for AP Master On/Off. I have it mapped to a button on my throttle quadrant currently.
              I have no idea what you're trying to prove to me. It re-engages the autopilot if you click it a third time. I'm simply stating that one reason to map a button to the AP discon on the yoke is to avoid that. Sorry you went and grabbed that screenshot for no reason.
              Alex Pugh

Comment

I have no idea what you're trying to prove to me. It re-engages the autopilot if you click it a third time. I'm simply stating that one reason to map a button to the AP discon on the yoke is to avoid that. Sorry you went and grabbed that screenshot for no reason.
                Why would you click it three times? If you click it per the Introduction document, it disconnects and silences the alarms. Isn't that the end goal here?

Comment

Why would you click it three times? If you click it per the Introduction document, it disconnects and silences the alarms. Isn't that the end goal here?
                  By accident, obviously.
                  Alex Pugh

Comment

I personally chose to not even click one time and then post my failures here asking for help so I can get angry at people trying to help
                    Jason A.

Comment

Well - that's EXACTLY what would happen on the real aircraft too. It can't read your mind and determine what state you want it in, then disregard the number of presses you made and do what you were thinking. Like the real aircraft, you need to press the buttons the correct number of times.
                      Greg N.
                      Avionics Systems Software Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Schmegg View Post

Well - that's EXACTLY what would happen on the real aircraft too. It can't read your mind and determine what state you want it in, then disregard the number of presses you made and do what you were thinking. Like the real aircraft, you need to press the buttons the correct number of times.
                        On the 737, the AP disconnect button the yoke only disconnects the autopilot. That's the button I'm talking about.
                        Alex Pugh

Comment

• Schmegg
                          Schmegg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ah yes - I see - my apologies. I get what you mean now. LOL - bit slow on the uptake. XD

I have the disc button mapped to my throttle and I just press it once. It will disengage the autopilot and I get about 3 whoops of alarm and then it silences it.

It probably should be two presses but I think a 2nd press re engages the AP.

So not entirely realistic but it gets the job done
                        Andy White
                        i910850
                        RTX3090
                        Empty wallet

Comment

• JH2022
                          JH2022 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How were you able to map it?

I'm away from my PC but it was just a case of assigning that function to the button. No external software. I have auto throttle and autopilot disconnect mapped, they are options within FS2020 and they work for me.
                        Andy White
                        i910850
                        RTX3090
                        Empty wallet

Comment

I use the payware version of FSUIPC and map it to my throttle quadrant button this way: in Button & switch Assignments (profile specific if you have on) press the button you wish to map, then click Select for Fs control, then in Control sent when button pressed, search for Rotor Brake and finally in the Parameter windows type 68201, finally, OK. There you go, when pressing the mapped button you'll see the autopilot disengage button moving in the VC's yoke.
                          Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Alex, until such time as PMDG can enable custom key assignments in MSFS2020, mapping the default in-sim commands is the only way to have hardware assignments without additional software like axes-and-ohs (not my area of expertise!). This comes with limits as the in-sim command is a toggle. PMDG managed to simulate the two-press function at least, but a third press will obviously re-engage the AP. It’s a fairly straightforward matter to press the key twice and twice only.
                            Mark Adeane

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. FYI...flightsim.to just posted some updated scripts which allowed me to map everything on the Bravo.
                              Jim Herrod
                              PMDG 737-700BDSF
                              MSFS2020

Comment

I use a CH Yoke and had mapped the AP and the AT to yoke buttons as the real thing Not using FSUIPC
                                jorge soldano

Comment

We may be overthinking this. My configuration doesn't require FSUIPC (or AAO, etc.), just two joystick button assignments via the existing MSFS control options:

AUTOPILOT ON (ALT-Z)

AUTOPILOT OFF (SHIFT-ALT-Z)

The keyboard assignments are included inside the parentheses to help clarify that neither of these two commands are the traditional TOGGLE AUTOPILOT MASTER (Z) command.

So far, at least, these two command assignments seem to work fine.

Hope this helps.
                                  John Wiesenfeld - KPBI
                                  PPL/IFR, VATSIM C1 (ZNY)

Comment

Originally posted by 737NG4EVER View Post
                                    I use the payware version of FSUIPC and map it to my throttle quadrant button this way: in Button & switch Assignments (profile specific if you have on) press the button you wish to map, then click Select for Fs control, then in Control sent when button pressed, search for Rotor Brake and finally in the Parameter windows type 68201, finally, OK. There you go, when pressing the mapped button you'll see the autopilot disengage button moving in the VC's yoke.
                                    Wow, that worked! How did you ever figure that one out?
                                    Steve Giblin

Comment

Originally posted by StewCal View Post

Wow, that worked! How did you ever figure that one out?
                                      Steve, in the community folder where the 737 is installed (Documentation, PMDG), you'll find the three variations of .xml's. In the PMDG_NG3_VC_700.xml, you can search for: Left Autothrottle Disengage Switch. It will have an ID number, 682. To that number add 01 for left mouse click or 02 for right mouse click. The PMDG 737-700 uses the rotor brake control with the parameter indicating the actual custom control. So you can assign whatever you like to a controller/joystick/yoke button this way. Andre from FSUIPC forums gave me this Rotor Brake tip.
                                      Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Working...
                                      X