Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Extreme noseup attitude for landing everytime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falcon99

I don't utilize the MSFS aircraft custom screen at all. I'm only using the PMDG FMS for all inputs.

I stopped utilizing my own saved panel state and deferred back to the PMDG Cold & Dark in case DDowns was correct in the possibility of a corrupted user saved panel state config and/or FSUIPC corruption ( I do not use FSUIPC ).

Despite all this, it is clear that something is amiss in terms of auto trim (at least in my case and a few others here).

It's the fact that this issue does not appear to be widespread that casts doubts in my mind as to whether I'm following procedures/protocols correctly despite having flown this bird in FSX/P3D for years.

I'm beginning to think that I may have to opt for an uninstall/reinstall and see if that has any effect in the event we can't track, trace & resolve this minor issue.
    Steve Summers - i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - EVGA RTX 2070 SC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H - 3 x Samsung Pro SSD 512Gb - Corsair H100i GTX - Win 10 Pro 64 - MSFS. "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

Comment

Originally posted by XCLTM3 View Post
      Falcon99

I don't utilize the MSFS aircraft custom screen at all. I'm only using the PMDG FMS for all inputs.

I stopped utilizing my own saved panel state and deferred back to the PMDG Cold & Dark in case DDowns was correct in the possibility of a corrupted user saved panel state config and/or FSUIPC corruption ( I do not use FSUIPC ).

Despite all this, it is clear that something is amiss in terms of auto trim (at least in my case and a few others here).

It's the fact that this issue does not appear to be widespread that casts doubts in my mind as to whether I'm following procedures/protocols correctly despite having flown this bird in FSX/P3D for years.

I'm beginning to think that I may have to opt for an uninstall/reinstall and see if that has any effect in the event we can't track, trace & resolve this minor issue.
      Before uninstall/reinstall send a support ticket directly to PMDG at support.pmdg.com
      James Ward

Comment

Im not sure its the same issue, maybe different wording, but my pitch trim is incredibly nose high every time I disconnect AP on approach following GS. I have to apply a lot of stick down or get it trimmed down quite a bit. Trimming does work but its a lot. As much as 5 degrees. Maybe Im missing something as well but Ive never experienced anything quite like that. Its usually pretty close to not have to use drastic inputs like that.
        Thanks
        Michael Marr

Comment

Originally posted by Jones_68_442 View Post
          Im not sure its the same issue, maybe different wording, but my pitch trim is incredibly nose high every time I disconnect AP on approach following GS. I have to apply a lot of stick down or get it trimmed down quite a bit. Trimming does work but its a lot. As much as 5 degrees. Maybe Im missing something as well but Ive never experienced anything quite like that. Its usually pretty close to not have to use drastic inputs like that.
          Thanks
          Michael Marr
          I have the same issue, the trim goes out of normal levels and keeps the nose up close to a stall.
          Teofilo Homsany

Comment

Thanks
            Michael Marr
            Seems like there are a few of us with this issue.

I just completed another flight from KLAS to KSNA, and again, during final phase of descent and approach the auto trim went outside the green zone to 8, and I had to take manual control and retrim it to 5 in the green zone, in order to shoot the ILS.

Something isn't quite right and I still can't diagnose the cause.
            Steve Summers - i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - EVGA RTX 2070 SC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H - 3 x Samsung Pro SSD 512Gb - Corsair H100i GTX - Win 10 Pro 64 - MSFS. "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday"

Comment

I just want to clarify something. If the trim is outside of the green area during flight, that is not an abnormal trim situation. The green area just shows where the trim should be located for takeoff. The only time that you should be concerned if the trim setting is outside of the green area is on takeoff. During the flight, the trim can, and often does, move outside of the green area.
              Tim Lincoln
              My YouTube Channel

Comment

Seems like there are a few of us with this issue.

I just completed another flight from KLAS to KSNA, and again, during final phase of descent and approach the auto trim went outside the green zone to 8, and I had to take manual control and retrim it to 5 in the green zone, in order to shoot the ILS.

Something isn't quite right and I still can't diagnose the cause.
                I just opened a support ticket pointing to this thread, hope the guys at PMDG can replicate and fix it, there is something there, it's not normal behavior.
                Teofilo Homsany

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
                  I just want to clarify something. If the trim is outside of the green area during flight, that is not an abnormal trim situation. The green area just shows where the trim should be located for takeoff. The only time that you should be concerned if the trim setting is outside of the green area is on takeoff. During the flight, the trim can, and often does, move outside of the green area.
                  Generally speaking I believe you are correct.

However, in this instance (that a few of us are experiencing), the auto trim is setting itself all the way to 8 or 9+ during final phase of descent and initial approach causing the aircraft to "nose-up" significantly in preparation for landing.

That is not normal. As I have pointed out earlier, I have to manually retrim the aircraft significantly in order to control the descent glide path for landing, otherwise the aircraft pitches up dangerously during landing phase.

Comment

• DDowns
                    DDowns commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Its not unusual to see a 10 NU trim indication after landing. To be honest, I've never looked at any time other than pre-takeoff.

Originally posted by citation79 View Post

I just opened a support ticket pointing to this thread, hope the guys at PMDG can replicate and fix it, there is something there, it's not normal behavior.
                  I'll do the same.

Let me know how you go.
                  Last edited by XCLTM3; 15May2022, 04:07.

Comment

However, in this instance (that a few of us are experiencing), the auto trim is setting itself all the way to 8 or 9+ during final phase of descent and initial approach causing the aircraft to "nose-up" significantly in preparation for landing.

That is not normal. As I have pointed out earlier, I have to manually retrim the aircraft significantly in order to control the descent glide path for landing, otherwise the aircraft pitches up dangerously during landing phase.
                    My trim gets set to 8+ on final but I don't experience this "extreme nose up" issue. I agree with Tim. The trim being outside of the green zone on final isn't the problem.

Are you guys using flaps 40? If so, try flaps 30. That's the more common configuration, and the aircraft seems a lot more stable.
                    Tom Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by HDR10 View Post

My trim gets set to 8+ on final but I don't experience this "extreme nose up" issue. I agree with Tim. The trim being outside of the green zone on final isn't the problem.

Are you guys using flaps 40? If so, try flaps 30. That's the more common configuration, and the aircraft seems a lot more stable.

The auto trim has set itself to 8-9 prior to flap deployment. And as soon as flap schedule is introduced the aircraft pitch increases dangerously.

Keeping in mind I've been flying this bird for "years" and I've never experienced this issue until MSFS.

PS:I generally use Flaps 30 on most landings (except in a few cases)

Comment

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but when I skimmed through it I noticed that there seemed to be a few people who were thinking that it was bad that the trim had gone outside of the green band. I was simply pointing out that this by itself is not a bad thing. Is the trim incorrect for your specific situation? Perhaps? I don't have enough information to be sure.
                        Tim Lincoln
                        My YouTube Channel

Comment

I can report last night I did a quick flight from KIAD - KATL and did not experience the trim issue. First time not having it happen. Not sure what was different.
                          Flaps 30, vref +5, ILS tuned and set, course set, localiser and GS captured like always, cut the AP about 2000 and no trim issues. Not sure what was different. This was buttery and smooth!
                          I don’t use any native MSFS for fuel or weight and balance. Only input ZFW and my fuel from my simbrief into the FMC. Don’t mess with PAX numbers or anything. Everything seems to jive at takeoff.
                          I know it doesn’t have to be in the green for landing, but on every one of my previous approaches when I had trim issues I’d say it was at 10-12 degrees nose up range or more. Almost to the max.
                          Do a few more today and see what happens.
                          Thanks
                          Michael Marr

Comment

The auto trim has set itself to 8-9 prior to flap deployment. And as soon as flap schedule is introduced the aircraft pitch increases dangerously.

Keeping in mind I've been flying this bird for "years" and I've never experienced this issue until MSFS.

PS:I generally use Flaps 30 on most landings (except in a few cases)
                            I think this issue is happening because VREF speeds on the FMC are not matching the aircraft actual weight in sim and the airspeed is becoming dangerously low and in a near-stall position.
                            The FMC speeds need to be checked to make sure they match the actual aircraft weight before landing.
                            The trim is just the solution to a slow and almost stalling speed referenced by the FMC and that we are using for landing, but that speed is not accurate.
                            I am trying to approach around 140kts and slow respectively closer to the flare. I can't maintain the 123kts suggested by the FMC as it is not working out.
                            Hope this clears some doubts.
                            Teofilo Homsany

Comment

Thanks
                              Michael Marr
                              Sounds like the same issue I referred to in earlier posts in this thread.
                              André Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by AndreH View Post

Sounds like the same issue I referred to in earlier posts in this thread.
                                I have the same issue as soon as I disengage the A/P it feels like I'm wresting the aircraft for control instead of being able to follow the glidepath. I like flying the entire approaches by hand <10k feet but atm the best way to describe my experience is as if the airplane is unsure whether to go full space shuttle status or slam itself into the ground. I've flown the 737 in FSX years ago and this was never as big of an issue as it is right now and it's not like I've forgotten how to trim.
                                M Göbel-Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by citation79 View Post

I think this issue is happening because VREF speeds on the FMC are not matching the aircraft actual weight in sim and the airspeed is becoming dangerously low and in a near-stall position.
                                  The FMC speeds need to be checked to make sure they match the actual aircraft weight before landing.
                                  The trim is just the solution to a slow and almost stalling speed referenced by the FMC and that we are using for landing, but that speed is not accurate.
                                  I am trying to approach around 140kts and slow respectively closer to the flare. I can't maintain the 123kts suggested by the FMC as it is not working out.
                                  Hope this clears some doubts.
                                  I'm not sure how to verify this, but many of the symptoms I see in the thread most certainly could be cause by the aircraft in the simulation being heavier than indicated by the FMS and FS Actions Payload screens. Were I to have to issue, which in months of beta testing I have not, I would do a complete removal of the PMDG 737 then reinstall (I don't trust the MSFS compiled WASM modules, I know they can become corrupted).

Complete removal is something we had to do between each beta build during testing. For platforms purchased from MS Store, one has to first remove PMDG 737 with Windows Apps then go to <msfs>\LocalState\packages and delete the pmdg-aircraft-737 folder. Also delete any remaining pmdg 737 folders that remain after the uninstall. Now install PMDG 737 for MSFS again and see if symptoms change.

Be sure to share if you try this whether or not it worked.
                                  Dan Downs KCRP
                                  i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

I'm not sure how to verify this, but many of the symptoms I see in the thread most certainly could be cause by the aircraft in the simulation being heavier than indicated by the FMS and FS Actions Payload screens. Were I to have to issue, which in months of beta testing I have not, I would do a complete removal of the PMDG 737 then reinstall (I don't trust the MSFS compiled WASM modules, I know they can become corrupted).

Complete removal is something we had to do between each beta build during testing. For platforms purchased from MS Store, one has to first remove PMDG 737 with Windows Apps then go to <msfs>\LocalState\packages and delete the pmdg-aircraft-737 folder. Also delete any remaining pmdg 737 folders that remain after the uninstall. Now install PMDG 737 for MSFS again and see if symptoms change.

Hey Dan I already removed it and will reinstall.
                                    Will retest and get back here to report.

Teo
                                    Teofilo Homsany

Comment

I'm out traveling right now but I'm going to check asap that I haven't accidently mapped elevator trim to the yoke or something to rule that out. It almost feels as if that is the case.
                                      Last edited by AndreH; 15May2022, 20:29.
                                      André Hansson

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

Dan, reinstalled completely as per your instructions and the problem persist.
                                        There is an issue with the FMC VREF speeds and the actual speed you enter for final approach.
                                        The trim goes all the way to 15 and the noseup attitude is bad, I even got a BUFER alert so there is definately wrong approach speeds displayed on the FMC which are making the aircraft stall on final.
                                        Here are some pictures.
                                        I opened a ticket on PMDG yesterday but not much I can do, I even disconnected my bravo throttle and problem persist so its not even an input issue. It's the autopilot trying to maintain a speed that is not realistic for the aircraft weight. Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (16).png Screenshot (15).png
                                        Teofilo Homsany

Comment

STAB OUT OF TRIM indicates A/P is unable to trim the aircraft. I think this is just one more symptom of the problem rather than the problem being the stabilizer trim.

Although this is reported by a few here there are probably thousands without this problem so the challenge is to identify what it is in your configuration that presents this problem. I wonder what is happening from the beginning of flight; i.e., is the takeoff normal such that rotation at Vr works as expected and aircraft climbs at V2+20 normally? When during the flight does the aircraft weight begin to behave like a problem?

Bottom line, you've submitted a ticket. Best to stick only to troubleshooting with product support. Please do report back when this is resolved.
                                          Dan Downs KCRP
                                          i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 3080Ti

Comment

Hi all,

I'm having the same problems - but also very heavy on takeoff - FMC says VR 131 yet acft wont leave the ground until something resembling 180Kt with 5degrees flap. With my V speeds on approach and the heavy payload (photo), I very quickly stall with TRIM way back until I speed up.

One thing not mention here - I am using On air airline manager as an addon and not sure if this has anything to do with it. Every flight I load it rejects as there is 2000lb of fuel in Centre tank. When I go to FMS and change fuel it works, but the acft is way heavy

I just reloaded flight without Onair, and changed the weight of main cargo to 5000 instead of 27740 and quick circuit with Dep and Approach V speeds calculated and loaded and hand flew perfectly.

So my questions are:
                                            1. Is anyone else with these problems like me using Onair airline company?; and
                                            2. Should I remove and reinstall PMDG even though citation79 already tried that?

Regards,

Tony.
                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                            This gallery has 2 photos.
                                            Last edited by Hoboe6498; 17May2022, 07:34.
                                            Tony Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Hoboe6498 View Post
                                              Hi all,

I'm having the same problems - but also very heavy on takeoff - FMC says VR 131 yet acft wont leave the ground until something resembling 180Kt with 5degrees flap. With my V speeds on approach and the heavy payload (photo), I very quickly stall with TRIM way back until I speed up.

One thing not mention here - I am using On air airline manager as an addon and not sure if this has anything to do with it. Every flight I load it rejects as there is 2000lb of fuel in Centre tank. When I go to FMS and change fuel it works, but the acft is way heavy

I just reloaded flight without Onair, and changed the weight of main cargo to 5000 instead of 27740 and quick circuit with Dep and Approach V speeds calculated and loaded and hand flew perfectly.

So my questions are:
                                              1. Is anyone else with these problems like me using Onair airline company?; and
                                              2. Should I remove and reinstall PMDG even though citation79 already tried that?

Regards,

Tony.
                                              I'm not using Onair nor am I familiar with it. I use Simbrief as a quasi measurement tool to compare it's results to that of the PMDG FMC.

I haven't yet uninstalled/reinstalled either, for the same reason as citation79 .

Waiting to see what PMDG think is the cause.

Comment

XCLTM3

https://www.onair.company/

Last edited by Hoboe6498; 17May2022, 10:38.
                                                Tony Smith

Comment

It might be a good idea for the people affected by this issue to open a support ticket with PMDG, as they may not be aware of this thread.

Comment

'Are you guys using flaps 40?'

Unless landing performance needs it, flap 30 is most airlines' standard flap setting for landing, for environmental (noise and fuel) reasons. I've noticed far too many references in these threads to flap 40 landings - not needed.

For Autoland, flap 40 is SOP, of course.

Paul Adrian
                                                    Last edited by King Orro; 17May2022, 12:55.

Comment

this is my number one gripe with default seat postitions.... you're sitting too low (I fly real jets it is so important you don't sit too low or else you'll screw up your pitch on landing in a real jet too)

you should be way up , your photo looks as you're a toddler trying to peek over the panel

Comment

You guys are using Modern flight model right?
                                                        Daniel Glover

Comment

Anyone that has this issue, can you please move everything out of community folder expect the 737 and see if you have that issue again?
                                                          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                                          PMDG Technical Support
                                                          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hey, out of everyone here having this problem, how many of you might be using OnAir Airline Manager?

I had the same issue too and l think OnAir has a part to play specially if using the “Auto” feature to set your fuel/payload.

l fly the BBJ 737, on OnAir the aircraft has a max payload of 33500lbs (or there about) however with max ZFW set in the sim, the 737 BBJ actually only has around a max payload of around18000lbs (according to what OnAir shows anyway) . I should have checked that the actual PMDG spec matched what OnAir set but hey-ho

So l noticed although the ZFW wont go above the max or change in the FMC for the BBJ 737, when OnAir starts tracking the GW goes up and you actually see the aircraft react to the extra weight, which tells me weight has been added to the aircraft. Also when this happens, the “Icing” goes up and sometimes to red

l would guess that OnAir adding payload has the same negative effects as using the MSFS built in load management, infact l bet that what OnAir is using to load the aircraft beyond the ZFW the aircraft thinks it has!
                                                            Last edited by CptKaji; 17May2022, 15:13.
                                                            Stewart M

Comment

Working...
                                                            X