Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Rudder Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have VIRPIL controls and rudder pedals. Same thing here, but no issue with the FBWA320...This is a great aircraft--maybe its a setting issue with the rudder choices?? IDK.

Comment

Same issue here, using racing pedals. Nothing funky going on with assistance or flight assistant options either. Binds are all correct too.
      Will F.

Comment

i have the same problem, use xbox controller for rudder.

Comment

Originally posted by lrye1 View Post

Yeah, I'm seeing more and more people are having this problem and have come to the same conclusions as I have with the way the rudder axis is programmed with the plane. So, I'm glad I'm not alone at least 🙂

I think someone in another thread said that they opened a support ticket and the PMDG staff are aware of the issue, hopefully, it gets fixed in the next day or two.
          I asked support via support ticket and received the following answer yesterday:

“Will pass it to the team, not sure if can be achievable due to the custom coding we are using though.“

Dennis Baensch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis_Eb View Post

“Will pass it to the team, not sure if can be achievable due to the custom coding we are using though.“

Dennis Baensch
            It's going to need to be achievable if they ever want to see Xbox players buy this plane when the WASM on Xbox issue is resolved.
            Tim Stanton

Comment

COnsidering requesting refund since I can't use the game due to this.....
              PAUL JOSPEH

Comment

Originally posted by paul14075 View Post
                COnsidering requesting refund since I can't use the game due to this.....
                Let us know how that goes.
                Daniel Anziano

Comment

Dennis Baensch
                  That’s interesting. I have the FBW A32NX and I’m sure they use custom coding as well. I’m able to taxi that aircraft just fine using my Xbox controller. Maybe they will get it fixed.

Branden Elliott
                  Branden Elliott

Comment

Was able to work around the problem by changing nose wheel steering to PROP1-AXIS (in FMC), and setting prop1 axis to the same as my aileron axis on gamepad in FS settings. Now I can steer plane with gamepad joystick, BUT IT'S REVERSED (left is right)..... And...enabling/disabling REVERSE AXIS on the PROP1 AXIS doesn't fix it. Sighhhhhh. AT least I was able to fly it though.
                    PAUL JOSPEH

Comment

Originally posted by paul14075 View Post
                      Was able to work around the problem by changing nose wheel steering to PROP1-AXIS (in FMC), and setting prop1 axis to the same as my aileron axis on gamepad in FS settings. Now I can steer plane with gamepad joystick, BUT IT'S REVERSED (left is right)..... And...enabling/disabling REVERSE AXIS on the PROP1 AXIS doesn't fix it. Sighhhhhh. AT least I was able to fly it though.
                      Very interesting. Will give it a try on next outing.

I was able to assign a trigger on the controller to accurately hold the rudder. Unfortunately it only worked on the left side using the left rudder assignment but it made the right rudder even more erratic to the point that I went back to the full axis assignment. It takes a lot of feathering of the triggers to keep it on track but it is manageable. At least until a fix is applied. The fact that it can work on one of the two trigger axis is testament that they can fix this.
                      Daniel Anziano

Comment

I can control the rudder with my CH Pro Pedals, but it much too sensitive. Unable to hold centerline on TO, veers all over the place.
                        Bob Zolto

Comment

Same issue here. i do not understand. It worked yesterday just fine then suddenly today nothing. I have tried all advice - no keyboard commands, only left axis, or using rudder axis, etc. The rudder works fine with all other planes. If you restart when you load into the 737 and go to external view, the rudder works a few times then locks up. FMC set both ways. Rudder axis only = nope, and Prop1+rudder = nope. If you start on the runway and ignore it, the auto pilot will go haywire and will not stay on; therefore, even the AP can't control it.

Comment

not sure if this will help anyone but i was forgetting to turn the electric hydraulic pumps on. once doing so, my ridder is fine with default x-axis and FMC settings

Comment

What FMC setting?
                              Bob Zolto

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWilco6 View Post
                                not sure if this will help anyone but i was forgetting to turn the electric hydraulic pumps on. once doing so, my ridder is fine with default x-axis and FMC settings
                                That happened to me a few years ago when I started to really learn the NGX and forgot to turn on hydraulics but it’s different with this. The rudder will move left or right but quickly moves to the center and it becomes jerky and twitchy when she’s turning. I’m curious, where you using an Xbox controller?
                                Rocky Jet Melendez
                                RTX 3090ti 12 Gen i9-12900K-DDR5 32gb RAM-1300 Gold PSU, 2TB Samsung Pro SSD x2-4k Monitor-TPR Rudder pedals-Boeing Yoke/Throttle Edition-Cockpit Master CDU /Alienware x17 R1 Laptop-RTX 3080-11 Gen 11980K-DDR4 32gb RAM 4k Native Resolution Samsung Pro 2TB SSD x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Jet Melendez View Post

That happened to me a few years ago when I started to really learn the NGX and forgot to turn on hydraulics but it’s different with this. The rudder will move left or right but quickly moves to the center and it becomes jerky and twitchy when she’s turning. I’m curious, where you using an Xbox controller?
                                  Yeah same here, this isn't a hydraulic issue. because the rudder turns and then snaps right back to the center position. I was really hoping we'd have a bug fix update out by now
                                  Lucas Rye

Comment

Originally posted by lrye1 View Post

Yeah same here, this isn't a hydraulic issue. because the rudder turns and then snaps right back to the center position. I was really hoping we'd have a bug fix update out by now
                                    I’m positive it will get fixed it’s just gonna take a bit and hopefully once Mr. Randazzo and the team figure it out a long with other issues it will be released for patching.
                                    Rocky Jet Melendez
                                    RTX 3090ti 12 Gen i9-12900K-DDR5 32gb RAM-1300 Gold PSU, 2TB Samsung Pro SSD x2-4k Monitor-TPR Rudder pedals-Boeing Yoke/Throttle Edition-Cockpit Master CDU /Alienware x17 R1 Laptop-RTX 3080-11 Gen 11980K-DDR4 32gb RAM 4k Native Resolution Samsung Pro 2TB SSD x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Jet Melendez View Post

No I am using a HOTAS X-56 Thrustmaster

Comment

Hello guys.I have the same problem with gamepad.
                                        And here is a temporary solution that works quite well.
                                        In the settings we find rudder control for one axis, not left and right (I don’t know what this item is called in English, i used google translate) and bind LB+LS there (LB can be replaced with another button, but for me this is the most convenient option).In the fms settings turn on rudder axis only. Now we can taxi and flight by LB+ left stick =)
                                        But if someone wants to make separate control of the rudder and the steering wheel, then in FMS we turn on "prop1 axis and rudder" and additionally bind the steering wheel through PROP1 AXIS in the settings (NOT control of the steering wheel). For example, RB+LS. Now we can taxi by RB+LS and flight by LB+LS.

Sorry for bad english. Good luck =)

Comment

Originally posted by eyebeam View Post
                                          Hello guys.I have the same problem with gamepad.
                                          And here is a temporary solution that works quite well.
                                          In the settings we find rudder control for one axis, not left and right (I don’t know what this item is called in English, i used google translate) and bind LB+LS there (LB can be replaced with another button, but for me this is the most convenient option).In the fms settings turn on rudder axis only. Now we can taxi and flight by LB+ left stick =)
                                          But if someone wants to make separate control of the rudder and the steering wheel, then in FMS we turn on "prop1 axis and rudder" and additionally bind the steering wheel through PROP1 AXIS in the settings (NOT control of the steering wheel). For example, RB+LS. Now we can taxi by RB+LS and flight by LB+LS.

Sorry for bad english. Good luck =)
                                          That way you are not able to use the rudder at the same time as the ailerons? Can‘t imagine how items possible to Land like this during cross winds

hopefully just a few days until they publish a patch

Comment

That way you are not able to use the rudder at the same time as the ailerons? Can‘t imagine how items possible to Land like this during cross winds

hopefully just a few days until they publish a patch
                                            But this is much better than the inability to get to the runway. That's why I wrote that it's temporary.
                                            Yesterday my flight ended on the pushback. Today I was able to take off and land the plane without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by eyebeam View Post

But this is much better than the inability to get to the runway. That's why I wrote that it's temporary.
                                              Yesterday my flight ended on the pushback. Today I was able to take off and land the plane without any problem.
                                              I understand, but as long as the plane has no working controls it’s grounded for me and waiting for a fix.
                                              The most fun for me is the start and landing and that wouldn’t work without proper control (well if there’s no crosswind at all, maybe)

Comment

For the time being I've made a little workaround script for Axis and Ohs:
                                                https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...und#post186725
                                                Marcel William

Comment

Free solution! Working for me. Joing two separated axis in one single axis.
                                                  https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR
                                                  Last edited by marcel432; 16May2022, 14:42.

Comment

• MARSINATOR
                                                    MARSINATOR commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    That's even better! I will give it a shot

• MARSINATOR
                                                    MARSINATOR commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Update: Didn't work at first when out of focus but changing the input device to "Xbox Controller 1" solved that problem. Thank you, works perfectly!

• DeltaFlight84
                                                    DeltaFlight84 commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    how can i setup this method? can you please post some screen? thx in advance

Originally posted by marcel432 View Post
                                                  Free solution! Working for me. Joing two separated axis in one single axis.
                                                  https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR
                                                  can you please post how to configure in your way that works? thx in advance
                                                  Coletta Domenico

Comment

• marcel432
                                                    marcel432 commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Solution below!
                                                    There is another option (Average, I forgot 2 others), if it doesn't work at first, pause the UCR, change the option and click on run UCR again

Don't forget to turn on the hydraulic pumps before testing!
                                                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                                                  Last edited by marcel432; 17May2022, 15:21.

Comment

• DeltaFlight84
                                                    DeltaFlight84 commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    in the outputs devices i don't any voice regard xbox controller

• MARSINATOR
                                                    MARSINATOR commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    DeltaFlight84 You have to add a virtual output device to the profile in the main window first.

Sorry man, I'm not close to my pc. I did a quick search and forgot it needs the dependency library
                                                  https://github.com/ViGEm/ViGEmBus/re...etup-v1.17.333

Comment

• MARSINATOR
                                                    MARSINATOR commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Worked out of the box without this for me.

• DeltaFlight84
                                                    DeltaFlight84 commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    thx for those explanations but i need a tutorial for this maybe i do wrong some steps

I had the same problem. Usually, I use AAO for Input with a HOTAS Warthog and a TM16000 with twist axis. After discovering the 'flickering' in the rudder, I tried unbinding the rudder axis in AAO and assigning the axis in the sim itself (to the standard 'Rudder' binding), and it worked normally again. Just a workaround until they get it fixed. I use the 'Rudder axis only' setting in the MCDU, btw.

Comment

6 weeks and 2 updates after go-live and I still can't use the rudder or nosewheel. What a joke. This product is trash. They will just keep blaming their own incompetence on Asobo it seems.
                                                    Last edited by paul14075; 26Jun2022, 13:30.
                                                    PAUL JOSPEH

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon99 View Post

I think I got it... your using rudder axis left. Try this!

Rudder axis.jpg
                                                      I can't move my rudder.
                                                      I can't select the L-Axix Z only the option L-Axix Z is avalible? Any solution to that?

Comment

Working...
                                                      X