Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

PFD flickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFD flickering

Flickering PFD both sides. Seems to be random
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Miguel Perales

Have you tested to change the panel refresh rate in the settings? Did you load the plane first time with devmode activated? Test some stuff and even try to clear the rolling cache
    Dennis Ahola

Proud owner of PMDG 737/747/777 Series

Comment

• Miguelp13
      Miguelp13 commented
      Editing a comment
      i did. it's completely random. happened once after 2 flights. didn't happen again until my 3rd flight today. i put a ticket in at least so the team is aware, and it'll be corrected at some point

Also have starting getting this.
    Person I am flying with also getting it, if it matters (SWA New SSW, SWA Old SSW)
    Last edited by Staircase; 10May2022, 22:59.
    Garrett Powell

Comment

Same here. With the United livery (so with SSW). Had not seen that yesterday with the Delta bird.

Comment

SAme here with Alaska livery. One of the SWA liveries, I do not get this.
        Jeff Soule

Comment

Same here.

jonathan

Comment

2015 SWA Livery:

Comment

Same here with PMDG livery.

1.jpg
              Jacques Le Roux

Comment

Are all those with the issue using Toolbar Pushback?

Andrew Bennett

Comment

• jkennebeck
                  jkennebeck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i've just started seeing this on 5th flight. and yes, using TB Pushback

Joe Kennebeck
                  Last edited by jkennebeck; 11May2022, 03:10.

Getting this too, just started this evening. Delta livery.

-Dave Sullivan
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                -Dave Sullivan

Comment

• DaveSullivan735
                  DaveSullivan735 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll add here, I found a workaround: set the MAIN PANEL DUs knobs (both sides) to PFD, LOWER DU to ND. Doesn't flicker on the other screens.

Same here. After three flights the pfd started the flickering.
                Henrique Suarez Siqueira

Comment

Same here i have the flickering on FO side.

Mihai Blaga
                  Mihai Blaga
                  Ocz 1250W, Asus X Formula, Cpu 8086K, 32GB RAM, Msi RTX 2080 8GB. MFS2020, PMDG 737-700 BRUNNER CLS-E NG Yoke and BRUNNER CLS-E Rudder, Hotas Warthog Yoke + Throttle.

Comment

I've had on both sides of the. Switching screens does stop flickering.

tried with all variations of the glass cockpit refresh rate
                    Philip, UK, Former RAF.

Comment

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...shing-main-mfd
                      Jacques Le Roux

Comment

try to limit the fps of PFD in the FMC Performance Page
                        Andre Würzburger

Comment

some bugs here also

Best Regards Petter
                          Attached Files
                          Petter Storvik

Comment

I have encountered the same issue, but only on my 5th flight. The previous 4 flights were all just fine.

1) I did delete the rolling cache.

2) I do not have Toolbar Pushback installed. I do have Pushback Express, but I happened to not use it on this particular flight.

3) Adjusting the frame rate for the PFD (via the CDU Performance Options) affects the rate of the flickering but does not stop it altogether.

It almost appears that about 50% of the Attitude indicator reverts to the black version, when the IRS is not aligned or alignment is in progress.

Curious to see if future flights will encounter the same issue.

-Rob Nabieszko
                            Captain Rob Nabieszko

Comment

• I've tried loading in and out with a bunch of different liveries but otherwise doing exactly the same stuff, and as far as I can tell it's random.
                              • No pushback mods here, that theory seems like a dead end with enough reports of the glitch without the mod
                              • Flickering only happens if the plane is moving or you change the brightness on the PFD
                              • happens without VSYNC on
                              • Seems dependent on the specific flight load-in; glitch can go away if you restart the flight
                              My recommendation right now if you're encountering this is to start flights by getting your APU on and your IRS aligned, get the PFD started, play with the OUTBD DU BRT knob, and if you get flickering, restart the flight. Basically, check for glitch before spending 5-10 minutes setting up the FMC etc and pushing back.

-Dave Sullivan
                              -Dave Sullivan

Comment

Its definitely not Toolbar Pushback - I started getting it again today on my first flight and only on the FO side. It seems like it started the moment I hit the HDG SEL button before taxing. There was heaps of other 737's around when I loaded into the sim, not sure if that triggers something.
                                Jacques Le Roux

Comment

Gents-

We are collecting data on this topic and monitoring this thread and others. Right now we have NO reason to suspect that it is caused by any programs or products external to ours. It is a problem in the GDI+/Nano layer that seems to lose clipping on some shapes and goes into artifacts.

Please keep discussing and sharing your observations- because you never know what "i noticed that" observation will cause us to stumble into a clue.

It is interesting that we saw it in the EFIS/MAP configuration (which is why we disabled that for release) but not in the PFD/ND format. Of course the sample size of users is now astronomically larger so a small number of folks do see it.

With your input and data we will cure this.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                  PMDG Simulations
                                  http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• DVinding
                                    DVinding commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Good evening Robert, I had this pop up for the first time today. I did notice that while taxiing, if I stopped the aircraft the flickering would stop. No problems with the flickering after a restart.

D.Vinding

• moxiejeff
                                    moxiejeff commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I've been messing around with different liveries, zooming in/zooming out, stopping while taxiing (all suggestions in the forums) and it still flickers or shows half rendered... so not sure any of those suggestions fix it. To Robert's point, it sounds like it might be something more complex but I know they'll get it figured out.

• shenkinzm16
                                    shenkinzm16 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Seems to flicker faster when turning the aircraft on taxiway or in the air, Hopefully a fix is coming soon! I encountered this at FL250 in my flight I did not want to restart the flight so I had to deal with it all the way to Paris! thx for your help in solving this!

Same with me, Virgin Blue livery.
                                  Paul Jackson

Comment

Got it yesterday for the first time. With the new Southwest livery and isolated to right upper part of the F/O PFD only. Flew the same aircraft the other evening without any issue.

UPDATE:

Flying the LN-TUL livery, picked up on flightsim.to and have no flicker. And I'm still using the Toolbar Pushback.
                                    Last edited by JuliettOscar; 12May2022, 14:22.
                                    Johan Olsson

Comment

Guys, how flickering happens to me.
                                      - I start the simulator, we flew ... I connect everything.
                                      PPD does not flicker.
                                      I'm finishing my flight.

- Without leaving the sim, I prepare the next flight plan, load, connect ... etc.
                                      PFD flickers!
                                      - Exit the simulator to the desktop.

- Reloading the simulator.

- I choose a flight plan (I don’t change the plane, the airport too). I press the fly button.
                                      - The flight starts to load. I'm starting. PFD does not flicker!
                                      - I'm leaving the flight.

What noticed. I have flickering on the cargo and passenger versions of the aircraft (when re-creating a flight without exiting the simulator to the desktop).
                                      With the business version of the aircraft, everything is ok. Even when re-creating a new flight without leaving the simulator.

I apologize in advance for my English. This is not my native language. In some places I had to use the great Google Translate.

I hope this information will help the developers. Thanks again for the plane! He is tough!

Oh yes!
                                      Livry not installed. None. No tug, no add-ons.

Comment

i had PFD flickering on the BBJ Privat livery, while i had NO PFD flickering using the Wuleen Investment variant.
                                        After i removed "ambitiouspilots-toolbar-pushback" mod the PFD flickering was gone. (so far)

Additional on every PMDG 737 variant i still have some artefacts (check pictures)
                                        This gallery has 2 photos.
                                        Last edited by Bumpywindshear; 12May2022, 09:14.
                                        Frank G.

Comment

• moxiejeff
                                          moxiejeff commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I too have Ambitious Pilots pushback -- curious if this has anything to do with it, as I get flickering/half rendered PDFs all the time now.

Same problem here:

I noticed that when I change the FPS values ​​in the FMC, there is no visible difference. It doesn't matter if it's 5 FPS or 25 FPS, you don't notice a difference?

Or does that only change after the restart?

Here what I mean:

Regards

Carsten Schiffer

Last edited by N3w7oN; 12May2022, 13:23.
                                        Best Regards

Carsten S.

Comment

Since Monday night, today I had this happening for the first time.
                                          As I'm typing, my aircraft (UNITED LIVERY) is at FL370 on the way to KLAS from CYVR and the left PFD is flickering non stop since cockpit preparation. I could not link this issue to anything so far and only noticed it happening right after the IRS finished alignment and using the FMC. I haven't tried any performance config but what I tried was to turn the main panel DU knob. No success.
                                          Last edited by CPTFdm79; 12May2022, 11:56.
                                          Fabio Darolt

Comment

I didn't have the flicker at all last night and I used Toolbar Pushback two times. I did switch to the 2021 SWA livery but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it based on other comments.

Ryan Jackson

Comment

Since today (third flight at all) with Freighter, TOLL livery. I think I remember it came up after change some aircraft setting (maybe ETOPS). If I switch PFD to the ND Monitor, it´s okay.
                                              Peter Spatz

Comment

Wasn´t a SU9 patch introducde?
                                                Peter Spatz

Comment

• DaveSullivan735
                                                  DaveSullivan735 commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  I've encountered the flickering issue since after the patch, FWIW.

I have the same issue too. One flight it flickers on pilot's PFD and on another flight it happens on first officer's PFD. it also happens on different liveries so that's unrelated.

Arian Saffarizadeh

Comment

Working...
                                                X