Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Flashing Main MFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a flight from KRNT to CYVR without Toolbar Pushback and I did not have this issue at all. Seems that fixed it for me.
    Jacques Le Roux

Comment

Hi, I never had this addon on my sim and it has done this on day dot when I first flew it. I am using the KLM livery. Will try other liveries to see if it still does it.

Comment

Originally posted by lukebry View Post
        Hi, I never had this addon on my sim and it has done this on day dot when I first flew it. I am using the KLM livery. Will try other liveries to see if it still does it.
        Same, never used pushback, apart from built in ATC??
        Brandon Chappell

Comment

+1 on this issue; Using Pushback and flying: N233LV (Captain side)

Comment

Can confirm that removing Toolbar Pushback did NOT solve the problem for me.

Omry Ginzburg

Comment

I haven’t run into this (yet?) but I wonder if the configuration of the displays via the cockpit switches and/or changing the display refresh rate in the FMC options page have anything to do with it?

Similarly, are people experiencing the issue using a Render Scale setting in the sim’s graphics options other than 100%?
              Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Also, if it helps the developers, moving the PFD to the right display makes the PFD normal, but returning it to the left display makes it flicker again.

Omry

Comment

Also have seen this without any pushback mods. Have had normal flights both before and after encountering the glitch, only happened on 1 flight out of 10 or so. Maybe I was messing with settings on that flight? Wasn't recording. Can't think of anything else I did out of the ordinary, as far as I know it was pretty random.

-Dave Sullivan
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  -Dave Sullivan

Comment

One question please all - for those who have experienced this issue - do you have an AMD or NVIDIA graphics card ?

Thanks!

Armen Cholakian
                    PMDG Sound Engineer

Comment

• DarthYOLOSWAG
                      DarthYOLOSWAG commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nvidia 2080TI

Had massive flickering, created a custom startup state. Have not seen this bug after doing this.

• Peter Clark
                      Peter Clark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nVidia 3090TI

• Thorsten42
                      Thorsten42 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      AMD RX5700XT

Seen the FO display flickering, reduced affected display brightness to zero as a workaround.
                    Not using any pushback toolbar.
                    RTX3090 with Ryzen 5900X.
                    Last edited by Satan Claws; 11May2022, 18:44.
                    Sergey Naumov

Comment

limit the FPS in the FMC on the Performance Page
                      Andre Würzburger

Comment

I had this issue. I changed my shadow settings and it went away. Will test some more when I can.

Jamal Pratt

Comment

• Saffa_Jake
                          Saffa_Jake commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What specifically did you change?

• Captain Revnak
                          Captain Revnak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I changed contact shadows to low. Be advised this could have been a placebo affect as I have not done any testing on this

Originally posted by Reynolds Number View Post
                        One question please all - for those who have experienced this issue - do you have an AMD or NVIDIA graphics card ?

Thanks!
                        I'm using NVIDIA. I didn't have PFD flickering before SU9 hot fix
                        A.Poddoubnyi
                        flight sim enthusiast, airplane owner, CFI

Comment

• mkkk
                          mkkk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Don't think it is anything to do with the hotfix. Fabio was getting it on his streams way before that

• Saffa_Jake
                          Saffa_Jake commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I also had the flickering before the update.

I am now midflight after removing the pushback toolbar. No flickering so far, but will try to add it back in to see if it happens again on next flight.
                        Lars Rones
                        System: AMD 5800X, 32GB 3600 DDR4, AMD RX 6800XT, Windows 11. Main monitor: 2560*1080 ultrawide. 3* secondary monitors 1920*1080

Comment

Originally posted by Saffa_Jake View Post
                          Did a flight from KRNT to CYVR without Toolbar Pushback and I did not have this issue at all. Seems that fixed it for me.
                          Its definitely not Toolbar Pushback - I had it happen again on the FO side.
                          Jacques Le Roux

Comment

Only did one fight so far in VR. Captain side PFD flashing. Only half of it. Using Toolbar Pushback and Nvidia 3080Ti.

Rick Verhallen

Comment

I've followed along with all the things people are saying help / might be the issue. None of these things fixed it for me:
                              1. Moving head position / or zoom level
                              2. Pushback toolbar on/of
                              3. Setting FPS limiter on PF displays (tried off, 10,20,30)
                              4. Turning off FO's displays in settings then back on
                              5. Adjusting shadow settings.
                              For me it's on the FO's side with the right side of the display from top left to bottom right blinking on and off. Started sometime turning cold and dark startup with engine start. At first I thought it was the SWA livery - but seeing reports here of others having issues with other liveries.

*EDIT*
                              Did notice now when it stopped. Once I taxi to the gate and attached ground power, plane still on APU, the screen quit flickering and is remaining on the half color / half black PFD.

*EDIT #2*
                              Correction it didn't stop it just slowed it way down. Not sure if it's 100% but it seems to induce it when I am setting my heading while prepping the plane for takeoff.
                              Last edited by qazme; 12May2022, 05:21.
                              Luke Lewis - KHSV

Comment

• DaveSullivan735
                                DaveSullivan735 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yeah I think people are grasping at straws based on low n -- none of the going theories are panning out. To me it's really looking like there's some small but nonzero chance that certain people get the flicker upon loading in a flight, but it's really random. With how on top of things PMDG seems to be, it's probably a doozy of a bug, like some wacky inconsistent floating point arithmetic thing.

• Saffa_Jake
                                Saffa_Jake commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I also had started when setting heading and pressing heading select during my prep.

Not the PFD, but have flickering of T/C symbol and magenta line on ND now. Have toolbar pushback installed.
                              Werner Rafteseth

Comment

Yeah, it's not related to the pushback toolbar as others stated, I have reinstalled it and no flickering with it installed. Hope it doesn't come back, but seems from other posts it appears to be quite random....
                                Lars Rones
                                System: AMD 5800X, 32GB 3600 DDR4, AMD RX 6800XT, Windows 11. Main monitor: 2560*1080 ultrawide. 3* secondary monitors 1920*1080

Comment

I noticed there was a flickering in the speed/VNAV and targets on the CDU when mine was doing this. Like it’s getting into some sort of draw loop.
                                  Peter Clark

Comment

What changed from Monday to Tuesday? SU9 Patch!
                                    Peter Spatz

Comment

Had this occur today, 4th flight.
                                      The only thing that I can think that's different is I loaded into the BBJ for the first time earlier today.
                                      As a workaround I switched the PFD onto the inner MFD, as per a real failure 😁

Marc Griffiths

Comment

The exact same problem. +1

Comment

I have this flickering problem after instaling yesterday the last driver update. Invidia..... And there was some win update too
                                          Last edited by hawasu; 14May2022, 03:44.

Comment

Same here in SWA N268WN right now and it’s doing it.
                                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                            This gallery has 1 photos.
                                            Brandon James

Comment

That particular addon has been notorious for causing problems coast to coast. It always starts off "Well I am flying blah blah blah airplane and this never happened and now it is and it does not happen in any other aircraft and this developer and that developer, oh hey, I removed tool bar push back and it works again." I know it's free and that is great, but look into FS2Crew Pushback express and sleep better at night. Frankly for the 737 I now only use the included pushback, but need [email protected] for my Maddog
                                              Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
                                              I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

Comment

• Saffa_Jake
                                                Saffa_Jake commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                I had it happen with the add-on installed and removed, so it can't be the add-on.

I found that if my render scaling is under 100 in the game settings it will flicker.

Robert Black.
                                              Last edited by theibroxbear; 14May2022, 06:13.

Comment

I had terrible flickering both sides.

Installed Nvidia driver update.

Zero flickers on the 1x 3 hr flight I have done. RTX 3090.
                                                Andy White
                                                i910850
                                                RTX3090
                                                Empty wallet

Comment

I did nothing, no changes and in second flyght it dissapears

Comment

This is related to latest NVIDIa drivers, when u downgrade there is no flickering anymore. I've tested it couple times. The drivers also cause crashes in x-plane with vulkan so basically they are broken

Comment

Working...
                                                    X