Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Flashing Main MFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing Main MFD

Not sure if anyone else has had an issue with the Main Pilot MFD Flashing on an off on the Right corner.

Correct I have the same problem not sure how to reproduce it just came up

Alejandro Arias

Comment

Ya , for me didn't happen with the 700 model, just the BBJ model so far.

Comment

Happened for me the very first time I booted up the aircraft in the sim, after messing with all the planes options the problem manifested after starting engine 2. only half of my MFD would disappear though. after restarting the sim the problem has not occurred in the 6+ hours I have spent with it since.
        Jesse Schoenfeld

Comment

same problem after using extern pushback tool

Comment

Same here.... First flight the flickering wasn't there, second flight it's constantly flickering.
            Not sure what causes this problem.

Wolfman
            Remko Wolf

Comment

What happens if you zoom in or out with the flashing? If it changes, can we get screen shot of distance seeing flashing, model of aircraft and hardware specs?
              George Morris

Comment

I'm getting the same on my BBJ on the co-pilot side--
                Jon Richardson
                USAF Vet
                PPL

Comment

• bigjmy
                  bigjmy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I MET THE SAME ISSUE

Originally posted by Falcon99 View Post
                What happens if you zoom in or out with the flashing? If it changes, can we get screen shot of distance seeing flashing, model of aircraft and hardware specs?
                No changes when zooming in or out. Right now (on this flight) the captain site is flickering and co-pilot site is good.

Regards,
                Last edited by Wolfman; 07Jun2022, 15:57.
                Remko Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post

No changes when zooming in or out. Right now (on this flight) the captain site is flickering and co-pilot site is good.

Regards,
                  Wolfman
                  How about moving head position left to right?
                  George Morris

Comment

This is happening to me as well. I am flying the base -700 with KLM livery included.
                    It happens just after the engine generators are switched on from the APU generator. I am also using the external pushback tool as mentioned above.

Triggering a failure and resetting it doesn't fix the issue.

Pierre
                    Last edited by pierrephilipdp; 10May2022, 18:50.

Comment

I had the ND purple line vibrate on my first flight - second flight was OK. It was doing it where there was an ARC drawn on the ND
                      P. De Swardt

Comment

How about moving head position left to right?
                        No that doesn't work either....
                        Remko Wolf

Comment

Interesting, thank you. What’s your hardware set up and MSFS version?
                          George Morris

Comment

Happening here as well, occurred when I switched the center MFD to ENG for startup - screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 142811.png

Rich Bonneau​

Comment

Same issue on Alaska livery. Didn't have this at all with SWA livery.
                              Jeff Soule

Comment

Interesting, thank you. What’s your hardware set up and MSFS version?
                                Just checking to see if PMDG is aware of this flickering issue? I didn't have it one time on the SWA livery, but on Alaska livery and another one, it's definitely there.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Jeff Soule

Comment

• Miguelp13
                                  Miguelp13 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I put in a ticket 2 days ago. They acknowledged the problem

I have it on a SWA livery. Getting it pretty much every flight.

Andrew Bennett

Comment

Have the same issue with my FO side screen only half of the horizon us showing

Comment

same here, any livery just about does it for me.
                                    Mikey Robinson
                                    VATNZ

Comment

happening to me as well on the co-pilot screen w/ united livery. nothing on one of the SWA liveries

Comment

I have reported this issue to their support system and got a reply. They say they will look into it. They claim it happens to a small minority, but it seems that it is a bit more widespread, so I hope it'll be addressed soon.

Omry Ginzburg

Comment

There is this thread also > https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pfd-flickering
                                          Jacques Le Roux

Comment

We are aware of it and under investigation
                                            Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                            PMDG Technical Support
                                            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I have removed toolbar pushback and did one fly around and the issue seems to have gone away. Will keep testing and see.
                                              Jacques Le Roux

Comment

+1

10 character limit

Comment

Im having the same flickering issues. My system is AMD 5800x, 32gb ddr4, AMD 6800XT, Windows 11. Also have 4 monitors, but sim running only on main monitor which is an 1080p ultrawide.

Lars Rones
                                                  Lars Rones
                                                  System: AMD 5800X, 32GB 3600 DDR4, AMD RX 6800XT, Windows 11. Main monitor: 2560*1080 ultrawide. 3* secondary monitors 1920*1080

Comment

Have this issue too. Will remove Toolbar Pushback and see if that changes anything

Comment

Originally posted by Saffa_Jake View Post
                                                      I have removed toolbar pushback and did one fly around and the issue seems to have gone away. Will keep testing and see.
                                                      Interesting, I have the same addon, I will try to remove it later when I get the chance and see if that changes anything.

Lars Rones
                                                      Lars Rones
                                                      System: AMD 5800X, 32GB 3600 DDR4, AMD RX 6800XT, Windows 11. Main monitor: 2560*1080 ultrawide. 3* secondary monitors 1920*1080

Comment

All,

Please advise if you see a difference with that addon removed. Thank you.
                                                        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                                        PMDG Technical Support
                                                        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Working...
                                                        X