Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Question/Concern About Serviced Based Failures

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Question/Concern About Serviced Based Failures

    Hello all,
    So I have serviced based failures on, and beginning of every flight it says 207 hours till next service. So let's say I do a 10 hour flight, by the time I land and park, it says 197 hours till next service. This is great! I close sim, go on about life. Later on, I come back to do another flight, I load in, and back at 207 hours.

    I looked a lot through the manual but I read just about everything I can find about this feature, but I can't find anything I might be missing. Is this normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

    ***Same tail # every flight***
    -David Aguado

    #2
    Hi David, not normal. The service based hours are maintained in a file with the same name as the aircraft registration (see PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft folder). For example, the elapsed hours for N854GT are in the file N851GT.hours (the N851GT.ini file is the panel file). These files should be updated at the end of each session.

    One possibility for what you are seeing is that the *.hours file is not being updated at the end of your session. That should be easy to check.
    Dan Downs KCRP

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by DDowns View Post
      Hi David, not normal. The service based hours are maintained in a file with the same name as the aircraft registration (see PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\Aircraft folder). For example, the elapsed hours for N854GT are in the file N851GT.hours (the N851GT.ini file is the panel file). These files should be updated at the end of each session.

      One possibility for what you are seeing is that the *.hours file is not being updated at the end of your session. That should be easy to check.
      Thank you for your reply. So I checked in the location and I see the tail # .cfg file, and the.hours file. They both have a last modified date/time of my last flight last night. That should indicate it is getting updated I'd say right?

      The Tail # in question is N475MC. I highlighted it below:
      -David Aguado

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by David.Aguado View Post

        Thank you for your reply. So I checked in the location and I see the tail # .cfg file, and the.hours file. They both have a last modified date/time of my last flight last night. That should indicate it is getting updated I'd say right?
        I'd expect so. I'm not sure of exactly when that file is updated, I suspect it is when the simulator platform is closed although one would hope it would be after engines and APU are shut down.

        If the time remaining to service is not decrementing, you would not have seen it decrease from 250 to 207 in the first place. Is your simulator crashing when you close it? Be mindful of the fact that P3D takes about 2 min to exit totally although it appears closed in less than 30 sec.

        If you are not getting below 207 hours to service time and cannot explain it you might consider support ticket. They will probably ask the support package that you can create with OCv2 so you might as well attach it to the support ticket.
        Dan Downs KCRP

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by DDowns View Post

          I'd expect so. I'm not sure of exactly when that file is updated, I suspect it is when the simulator platform is closed although one would hope it would be after engines and APU are shut down.

          If the time remaining to service is not decrementing, you would not have seen it decrease from 250 to 207 in the first place. Is your simulator crashing when you close it? Be mindful of the fact that P3D takes about 2 min to exit totally although it appears closed in less than 30 sec.

          If you are not getting below 207 hours to service time and cannot explain it you might consider support ticket. They will probably ask the support package that you can create with OCv2 so you might as well attach it to the support ticket.
          I'm pretty sure I am giving it plenty of time to shut down. Sometimes I don't do another flight for hours. Unless P3D itself is not entirely shutting down. Maybe some process or something is staying running. I need to keep an eye on that, and if not then I will submit a support ticket. Thanks so much for your feedback. At least now I know I am not going crazy.
          -David Aguado

          Comment


            #6
            Exclude the P3D folder from your antivirus and make sure PMDG folder and the aircraft file are not set to read-only.
            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k

            Marc Ehnle

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
              Exclude the P3D folder from your antivirus and make sure PMDG folder and the aircraft file are not set to read-only.
              Good thinking. Just did both, will revert back. Currently starting a flight. Reset back to 207, let's see after this one.
              -David Aguado

              Comment

              Working...
              X