Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

FMC runway data missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMC runway data missing

Greetings virtual pilots,

Basically, I forgot to uninstall all my PMDG liveries before i migrated to the new control panel. FPS some aircfraft was very low (5fps). In order to bring everything back to normal I decided to uninstall all my PMDG aircraft for P3Dv4. 737NGX, 777 base pack, 747-400 plus 800 expansion and DC6.
    I reinstalled them again and loaded the liveries I needed. So far so good.
    However, I have found that while the 737 loads a flight plan okay, I am having difficulty with the 747. It often not recognises that there are runways available at a certain airport (where the 737 does) and today it didn't even recognise LTFM as an airport (I have it loaded in P3Dv4 and FS Commander recognises it). I have a Navigraph subscription and the data is 2003.
    Perhaps I need to reinstall the 747 but I was hoping for an explanation.

Kind regards
    Brian Carter

Originally posted by Brian Carter View Post
    Greetings virtual pilots,

Basically, I forgot to uninstall all my PMDG liveries before i migrated to the new control panel. FPS some aircfraft was very low (5fps). In order to bring everything back to normal I decided to uninstall all my PMDG aircraft for P3Dv4. 737NGX, 777 base pack, 747-400 plus 800 expansion and DC6.
    I reinstalled them again and loaded the liveries I needed. So far so good.
    However, I have found that while the 737 loads a flight plan okay, I am having difficulty with the 747. It often not recognises that there are runways available at a certain airport (where the 737 does) and today it didn't even recognise LTFM as an airport (I have it loaded in P3Dv4 and FS Commander recognises it). I have a Navigraph subscription and the data is 2003.
    Perhaps I need to reinstall the 747 but I was hoping for an explanation.

Kind regards
    Brian Carter
    Go to {SIM}\PMDG\NavData and delete the ARPT_RWY.dat

Start the sim again and select the 744. A new ARPT_RWY.dat will be created and this should solve the issue
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hello, this fix should work also for the 737?

I have been trying to make some flights but, at certain airports, I receive a message in the FMC telling me that the RWY does not exist, if I go to the DEP/ARR page I only get a totally blank FMC page. this has happened in the 737 and in the747 also

at this point airports whose procedures seem to have disappeared from the Navdata are EDDF and GCFV.

what I have tried?

several flights and always got a missing airport, could be the departure or the arrival, but always one missing, I think it’s not the typical RWY/STAR mismatch errors since the DEP/ARR page shows nothing

I also have reinstalled, several times the PMDG AIRAC cycle, I’m currently using the latest AIRAC from Navigraph and I’m using Simbrief as my flight planner, just as I stated in the PMDG Ops Manager

thanks in advance for an idea to solve this

BTW this is my first post here, so ....hello to all

Last edited by jotaedo8; 01Apr2020, 15:55.
      Juan Eduardo Furche
      Santiago de Chile
      737 NGXu + 772 + 773 + 747 QOTSII + 747-8

i7-9700KF + RTX2060 ROG + 32GB + Z390 TUF + 500GB m.2 + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD + 500GB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by jotaedo8 View Post
        Hello, this fix should work also for the 737?
        It should, as for any PMDG aircraft.
        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
          It should, as for any PMDG aircraft.
          Not true. NGX did not use this file. NGXu does. So depends on what NG he has
          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Not true. NGX did not use this file. NGXu does. So depends on what NG he has
            NGXu , will gave it a try and post back here

Juan Eduardo Furche
            Santiago de Chile

i7-9700KF + RTX2060 ROG + 32GB + Z390 TUF + 500GB m.2 + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD + 500GB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Go to {SIM}\PMDG\NavData and delete the ARPT_RWY.dat

Start the sim again and select the 744. A new ARPT_RWY.dat will be created and this should solve the issue
              It worked, just tryed with the 747-8, after taking a look around the files seems like ngxu + 777 + 747 use the same file, if so, this should fix the issue for all the PMDG dept of my hangar, is that rigth?
              Juan Eduardo Furche
              Santiago de Chile

Comment

Originally posted by jotaedo8 View Post

It worked, just tryed with the 747-8, after taking a look around the files seems like ngxu + 777 + 747 use the same file, if so, this should fix the issue for all the PMDG dept of my hangar, is that rigth?
                That is Correct.
                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Working...
                X