Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

ELEC GEN 3 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ELEC GEN 3 4

hi people Well, many days ago I have this problem with the B747 -400 and -8 the following happens when I start the simulator I load the plane with the state default panel (engines running etc) I turn them off by doing the checklist now I am in a place A and I do flight plan and everything a flight takes. I carry out the CHECKLIST from the beginning and I will turn on the engines 4 and 3 then 2 and 1 all correct and I arrive at point B, I land the aircraft and continue with the checks, when I want to go to another point C the plane at the time of turning on Engines with or without AUTOSTART generate the ELEC GEN OFF 3 and 4 error. I go to the fmc to failures and try to erase these errors and they are not erased and very occasionally to never say giving that option they are erased. I have reinstalled several times and the problem continues to be what I am doing wrong
    Last edited by Steven Silva; 25Mar2020, 21:01.
    Steven Silva

Hi Steven... first, please note that there is no 747-800. A nit I know but when trying to understand a problem by reading text in a forum and not looking over your shoulder it is important to be precise.

And you need to be more precise with the problem description. At some point you 'turn on engines' and you see ELEC GEN 3 and 4, that is all I get from your description. I assume you are starting engines 3 and 4 first and together, I assume the engine start was normal and that the engines are running at idle thrust. I assume you then start engines 1 and 2 and you do not get the ELEC GEN message. Lot's of assumptions going on here. Also, I assume the IDG drives for the gens are on and you have not looked at the electrical synoptic. I cannot guess which engines you are having a problem with (GE, PW or RR). I assume we are talking about just the -400 and here the message is ELEC GEN OFF 1,2,3,4.

Check your QRH and follow the step it provides.

Boost the N1 slightly on the engines and see if that brings the generators on line.

Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post
      Hi Steven... first, please note that there is no 747-800. A nit I know but when trying to understand a problem by reading text in a forum and not looking over your shoulder it is important to be precise.

And you need to be more precise with the problem description. At some point you 'turn on engines' and you see ELEC GEN 3 and 4, that is all I get from your description. I assume you are starting engines 3 and 4 first and together, I assume the engine start was normal and that the engines are running at idle thrust. I assume you then start engines 1 and 2 and you do not get the ELEC GEN message. Lot's of assumptions going on here. Also, I assume the IDG drives for the gens are on and you have not looked at the electrical synoptic. I cannot guess which engines you are having a problem with (GE, PW or RR). I assume we are talking about just the -400 and here the message is ELEC GEN OFF 1,2,3,4.

Check your QRH and follow the step it provides.

Boost the N1 slightly on the engines and see if that brings the generators on line.

I start the p3d with the PMDG 744 or 8 specifically the problem I have with the GE motors so when it starts all the PMDG 74x it is with motors running in the Parking obviously I turn off the motors and all the procedure that the CHECKLIST says, when I start the engines do not present this error when I go to point B so far everything is fine, when I make absolutely all flight plan, weight and balance, routes etc. I carry out the procedures mentioned above I start engine 4 and then 3 or at the same time 3 and 4 when they finish the ignition the error is triggered in a few words the error occurs when I do the second engine start (all four engines) and I do not understand when you say that the N1 increases slightly and I have done it and nothing happens
      Steven Silva

Comment

Steven,
        I can't duplicate your issue.
        Can you provide all the info related to that scenario step by step?
        On the other note, we usually start 4 & 1, then 2 & 3.
        Starting 4 & 3, then 1 & 2 is the preferred method for the LCF, in any case, it should not trigger that message under normal conditions. That applies to both 747-400 and -8.

Kind regards Alex Nicolov
        "You can't make a difference unless you upset at least one."
        [email protected] GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, DDR4 3200 64GB

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
          Steven,
          I can't duplicate your issue.
          Can you provide all the info related to that scenario step by step?
          On the other note, we usually start 4 & 1, then 2 & 3.
          Starting 4 & 3, then 1 & 2 is the preferred method for the LCF, in any case, it should not trigger that message under normal conditions. That applies to both 747-400 and -8.

well actually those are my steps on stage
          1 open P3Dv4.5 as ADMINISTRATOR
          2 I select PMDG 744 ERF with GE engines
          3 I selec my Scenary
          4 reset my system time
          5 and in charge of my landscape and plane, the plane is with the state panel "DEFAULT"
          6 In the CHECKLIST I perform the shutdown procedure of the plane "PARKING CHECK"
          7 With the plane already parked and insured, I proceed to make the flight plan and weights and balances. EXAMPLE from MIA to BOG, after completing all those steps for flight preparation, I again take the check lists from the beginning to verify that everything is in place. , arriving at the ignition of motors everything goes of wonders without any error I make my flight towards BOG until there we go well
          8 I'm done in BOG and I do everything to the letter according to the CHECKLIST
          9 After a few minutes I go through steps (7 and 8) again but now from BOG to MIA
          10 Now I do absolutely the same as already mentioned in part of STEP 7 (flight plan, WEIGHT AND BALANCE ETC) and obviously with procedures from the CHECKLIST I start as I have always said engines 4 and 3 first, now the messages of ELEC GEN 4 ELEC GEN 3 appear.

I try to solve that with the FMC and it does not disappear and there is nothing that makes it work. It is as if there was an error with the STATE PANEL "DEFAUL"

In the following video I do the same from the minute 1:48 to 3:43 is the same as I do and I always have the problem with the ELEC GEN 4 and 3 as I explain in step 9 is like without closing the sim or anything the second engine start is where it presents that failure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqwzCTIW3Q&t=190s

because it is supposed to always work unless one schedules the faults or if I am doing a wrong procedure
          Steven Silva

Comment

Steven,

I'm sorry I can't duplicate your problem at all.
            Did you try a different PANEL STATE?
            Is anybody else experiencing his problem?
            Kind regards Alex Nicolov
            "You can't make a difference unless you upset at least one."
            [email protected] GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti, DDR4 3200 64GB

Comment

Working...
            X