Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

4 engine throttle mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 engine throttle mapping

I just picked up these jets the other day. any tips on mapping 4 turbines to the TM Warthog?
    Ro Faulk

Monitor ROG PG27U 4K 144HZ
    i9,9900K 5.0GHZ, 64GB RAM, SSD 2TB M.2 OS drive, Dual EVGA 2080Ti NVLinked GPU's, MSI, GODlike Z390 MB.

If you have FSUIPC, you can map one lever to engines 1 and 2, and the other lever to engines 3 and 4.
    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Michael Codd
      Michael Codd commented
      Editing a comment
      Ro. It might be better to map them 1 & 4; and 2 & 3. That way you will have symmetrical thrust with one or both levers and you should be able to control any swing during takeoff or landing just by using the rudder.

• av8r
      av8r commented
      Editing a comment
      can you describe in steps how this is done in FSUIPC? i have tried messing around in the axis setting tab and can not figure it out.
      i have a 2 throttle warthog and would like to assign 1&2 together and 3&4 together.

thanks in advance

Thanks Kevin. Will do that

Ro Faulk

i9,9900K 5.0GHZ, 64GB RAM, SSD 2TB M.2 OS drive, Dual EVGA 2080Ti NVLinked GPU's, MSI, GODlike Z390 MB.

Comment

I knew something was wrong when I gave it full throttle!
      Ro Faulk

Comment

Originally posted by oblongmushroom View Post
        I knew something was wrong when I gave it full throttle!
        What ended up happening.
        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

It could be that FSUIPC only uses half of the hardware travel. Most throttles have a range from -16384 to 16384 and sometimes FSUIPC only uses 16384 to 0. if that‘s the case you can use the FSUIPC calibration to define the full range.

Anyway, if you have issues it‘s best to explain them
          Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
          Marc Eland
          GFO Beta

Comment

Hi Kevin, It basically advanced left turbine2 only. causing a hefty push to the right! off the runway and into the trees

I will rig the throttles in FSUIPC soon.
            Ro Faulk

Comment

• Michael Codd
              Michael Codd commented
              Editing a comment
              Ro, if you want to avoid a swing in future see my previous recommendation above!

can you describe in steps how this is done in FSUIPC? i have tried messing around in the axis setting tab and can not figure it out.
            i have a 2 throttle warthog and would like to assign 1&2 together and 3&4 together.
            David Myers

Comment

• Michael Codd
              Michael Codd commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have your device, but I am sure someone who does will be able to help you. You will need to have the registered version of FSUIPC.

No name, first, PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your first and last name, which you agreed to when you created an account here. The instructions for how to do so can be found here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

Assuming you have the registered version of FSUIPC, there should be a tab where you can assign your levers. When you get to that tab, move the lever that you want to assign, so FSUIPC picks it up, and then you can assign up to four things.

Michael, I personally wouldn't do it that way. If for some reason, you were doing something where you needed to control the thrust on only one side of the plane, you wouldn't really be able to do that if you did it the way you described.
            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
              Michael, I personally wouldn't do it that way. If for some reason, you were doing something where you needed to control the thrust on only one side of the plane, you wouldn't really be able to do that if you did it the way you described.
              Hi Kevin,
              Unless Ro and others want to experience double engine failures after takeoff and practice two-engined approaches and go-arounds, then they are of course at liberty to configure their four thrust levers as you suggested. However, configuring them to operate the engines in symmetrical pairs will, in my respectful submission, suit most end users for all normal four-engined operations.

The decision is of course entirely up to each individual to make (and they can of course always swap methods), but I am going to continue controlling my four PMDG 744/-8 engines using four separate thrust levers - if that's OK with you? LOL
              Michael Codd

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Codd View Post
                The decision is of course entirely up to each individual to make (and they can of course always swap methods), but I am going to continue controlling my four PMDG 744/-8 engines using four separate thrust levers - if that's OK with you? LOL
                I'm with you there.
                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Michael Codd
                  Michael Codd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a relief - and a very realistic looking 744 throttle box you have too, Kevin! Incidentally, I forgot to mention that by configuring the engines in symmetrical pairs a user will also be able to practice flying with a single engine failure without having to reconfigure their two thrust levers - so my method is a win, win situation don't you think?

Names of the pages can vary a little as I’m explaining it out of my memory, I’m not at my PC.

To map the throttles go to axis assignment tab, where on the left side you see 3 or 4 drop down menus below a 1 of 3 choice. On this tab click „profile specific“, always say no to global assignments and create a Profil „747“. Always make sure that this profile is active BEFORE you make any changes. Move the left throttle. Assign it to „send direct to FSUIPC calibration“ and map it to „throttle 1“ click rescan and map the right throttle to throttle 3. click ok, fsuipc closes, check that throttle 1 and 3 move. Back in FSUIPC go to the calibration tab, check that profile specific is checked, and go to page 3 or 4 of 11. there must be 4 throttle options. Right bottom side: choose 1->1 and 2; 3->3 and 4. c‘est ça.
                Last edited by Ephedrin; 06Feb2020, 20:34.
                Marc Eland
                GFO Beta

Comment

Thanks all.

I have done this but for some reason when there still is an issue. the right throttle on the TM warthog does control engines 3&4 but operating the left throttle still controls all 4 engines.

not sure what i am doing wrong.

any help would be appreciated

(incidentally, i have my signature set up in my profile but it is not showing up. i will check it again)
                  David Myers

Comment

• Ephedrin
                    Ephedrin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One second.. I‘ll start my sim pc

• Ephedrin
                    Ephedrin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    btw your signature shows up. When you post something it doesn't but when you reload the site it's there.

av8r

ok You need to assign the left throttle to throttle 1 and the right throttle to throttle 2, I was wrong above. look at the pictures.

make sure you don't have the axes assigned in the P3D options if you use FSUIPC.

I have a 4 throttle setup so it is a little different here.
                  Attached Files
                  Marc Eland
                  GFO Beta

Comment

Thanks,

i just checked and i still had throttle assigned in P3D axis assignments. unassigned in P3D and now works great.

thanks again
                    David Myers

Comment

• Ephedrin
                      Ephedrin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      welcome, have fun!

Originally posted by av8r View Post
                    Thanks,

i just checked and i still had throttle assigned in P3D axis assignments. unassigned in P3D and now works great.

thanks again
                    sorry for opening this so late but..... how does it work later with all the other planes on P3D?

I'm following steps here, wiith a warthog to bind engines 1 and2 to throttle 1 and 3 and4 to throtlle 2
                    Juan Eduardo Furche R.
                    Nairobi, Kenya - HKNW
                    W11// i9-11900K + RTX3090 TUF + 64 [email protected] + Z590 TUF + 1 Tb m.2 + tons of storage for tons of add-ons
                    737 NGXu + 772 + 773 + 747 QOTSII + 747-8

Comment

Originally posted by jotaedo8 View Post

sorry for opening this so late but..... how does it work later with all the other planes on P3D?

I'm following steps here, wiith a warthog to bind engines 1 and2 to throttle 1 and 3 and4 to throtlle 2
                      What‘s the problem?

you need to use FSUIPC or another external assignment tool to do that. In FSUIPC you set the left throttle to throttle axis 1 and the right one to throttle 2 and (from memory) on the calibration task you check the box that attaches engine 2 to engine 1 and engine 4 to engine 3.

It could be that you need to assign the right throttle to throttle 3 instead of 2, I can‘t remember.
                      Marc Eland
                      GFO Beta

Comment

Hello Ephedrin

my problem is that throttle lever number 2 is taking engines 2,3 and 4 so need to detach it from engine 2, but only for the 747 of course..... will follow the steps again from scratch and take screenshots of the process, will post later

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

What‘s the problem?

you need to use FSUIPC or another external assignment tool to do that. In FSUIPC you set the left throttle to throttle axis 1 and the right one to throttle 2 and (from memory) on the calibration task you check the box that attaches engine 2 to engine 1 and engine 4 to engine 3.

It could be that you need to assign the right throttle to throttle 3 instead of 2, I can‘t remember.
                        Juan Eduardo Furche R.
                        Nairobi, Kenya - HKNW
                        W11// i9-11900K + RTX3090 TUF + 64 [email protected] + Z590 TUF + 1 Tb m.2 + tons of storage for tons of add-ons
                        737 NGXu + 772 + 773 + 747 QOTSII + 747-8

Comment

Originally posted by jotaedo8 View Post
                          Hello Ephedrin

my problem is that throttle lever number 2 is taking engines 2,3 and 4 so need to detach it from engine 2, but only for the 747 of course..... will follow the steps again from scratch and take screenshots of the process, will post later
                          I recently did a full reinstall of everything and setting up FSUIPC for the 4 engine aircraft was a pain. I eventually got it ot work as follows:

In FSUIPC assign throttle 1 to ‘Axis Throttle 1 Set’ and throttle 2 to ‘Axis Throttle 2 Set’. On Joystick Calibration page 3 set min and max for throttles 1 and 2 and select Filter for Throttles 1 and 2. Select ‘No reverse Zone’ and Select both ‘Map 1 to 1,2 and 2 to 3,4’ and ‘Map 1 to 1,2 and 2 to 3. Select ‘Exclude THROTTLEn_SET’.
                          Lawrence Edwards

Comment

Working...
                          X