Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Operation Center Stops Working When I Update the 747-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation Center Stops Working When I Update the 747-8

I've just updated the 747-8 to the latest version - v3.00.9329. At the end of the installation, the installer launched the Operation Center and I had 1 notification. It said there is an update for the 747-8. Every time I click the OK button to update it, the 747-8 update.exe crashes, or stops working and never gets updated. What's the problem here? Is this file corrupted or something? It has never done this before.

Ken.
    Last edited by kmanning; 07Nov2019, 05:05.

Originally posted by kmanning View Post
    I've just updated the 747-8 to the latest version - v3.00.9329. At the end of the installation, the installer launched the Operation Center and I had 1 notification. It said there is an update for the 747-8. Every time I click the OK button to update it, the 747-8 update.exe crashes, or stops working and never gets updated. What's the problem here? Is this file corrupted or something? It has never done this before.

Ken.
    Welcome to the pmdg forum we use our first and last name signatures when posting as per forum rules.
    Disable all your AV and try and run the oc as a admin and see if it will update.
    If it doesn’t help contact support at pmdg.com
    Last edited by Ausflight; 07Nov2019, 05:30.
    Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Anti Viruses and not running as administrator do not normally cause these kinds of fault crashes. I've tried it but as I expected, it made no difference. This was a fault crash, and is usually cause by a corrupted file. I guess I'll have to contact PMDG, which takes too long and have to go through all of the trouble. I think this version has been out a few months and it seems to me there would be reports on this.

Ken Manning
      Last edited by kmanning; 07Nov2019, 06:09.

Comment

There is some maintenance taking place so this why you see this behavior
        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
        PMDG Technical Support
        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by kmanning View Post
          I've just updated the 747-8 to the latest version - v3.00.9329. ......

Ken.
          The latest version is v3.00.9431! How do you update it .9329? Or am I wrong; you have .9329 and you don't update your product latest version which is .9431

Serhan Onur

Comment

Originally posted by Serhan View Post

The latest version is v3.00.9431! How do you update it .9329? Or am I wrong; you have .9329 and you don't update your product latest version which is .9431

Serhan Onur
            I downloaded the full version from the account, which is version 3.00.9329. After running the installer, it automatically launches the Operation Center and tells you that there's an update on the 747-8. When I click the OK button to update it, it crashes and stops running. The details say that PMDG_747-8_P3D.exe, is the source of the crash. This would be updated to version 3.00.9431 if it were updated. This update is not a full upgrade, it's only a minor update, and does not require you to go to your account to download it, which I've already done.

Ken Manning

Comment

We are still investigating this. You can use the plane without issues
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support
              http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Let us know when it works again. Thx.

Comment

Untitled.jpg

Above is a screenshot of what happens when I update the 747-8 from version 3.00.9329 to 3.00.9431 using the Operation Center:

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
                  We are still investigating this. You can use the plane without issues
                  I can still use the previous version but I'm not able to update to the latest version until this problem is fixed. When will it be fixed?

Ken Manning
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, it's working now, but we were never told if the problem was fixed or should work now. The last information we received posted on this was "we're still working on it." It doesn't crash anymore but it's not updating it, and I've tried it several times.

Ken Manning
                    Last edited by kmanning; 08Nov2019, 12:56.

Comment

2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] ===== PMDG updater commencing
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] Setting up for 744 / P3D
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] PMDG Updater: Version A18 - Build timestamp Jul 1 2017, 15:58:41
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] Finding installed PMDG product version
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] Installed PMDG product version: 3009195
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] Fetching available product information for P3D...
                      2019/11/08 15:19:51 [PMDG 1] Retrieved data about PMDG product 22: PMDG 747-400 QOTSII for P3Dv3
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Retrieved data about PMDG product 27: PMDG 747-400 QOTSII for P3Dv4
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] >>> Product: PMDG 747-400 QOTSII for P3Dv3
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Finding install-directory this product's simulator...
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] If a registry key error appears, disregard - it simply means you do not have that simulator installed.
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 2] Registry key was located but could not be read!
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] I found no sim install corresponding to product ID 22; skipping.
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] >>> Product: PMDG 747-400 QOTSII for P3Dv4
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Finding install-directory this product's simulator...
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] If a registry key error appears, disregard - it simply means you do not have that simulator installed.
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Sim install directory in registry is P:\P3D\
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] PMDG 747-400 QOTSII path should be P:\P3D\\PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] 3009195 is the current version. No need to update.
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Installed products that failed to update: 0
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Installed products successfully updated: 0
                      2019/11/08 15:19:52 [PMDG 1] Done.
                      3009195 is the current version??? No...

Best regards,
                      Christian
                      Last edited by RogerWilco; 08Nov2019, 15:34.

Comment

I have exact the same with both 747-400 and 747-8. Each time I restart OC, the notification appears again.
                        Just sent a ticket with my order details.
                        Kind Regards
                        Patrick

Comment

Can you tell us when there is a solution? Thanks.

BR
                          Christian

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWilco View Post

3009195 is the current version??? No...

Best regards,
                            Christian
                            Mine says 3.00.9329.

Ken Manning

Comment

This is absolutely ridiculous, why cant they fix it or why cant we download a full installee with the most current version!?

BR
                              Christian
                              Last edited by RogerWilco; 09Nov2019, 04:19.

Comment

They counting the NGXu Money....
                                Thomas Hempel

Comment

Originally posted by RogerWilco View Post
                                  This is absolutely ridiculous, why cant they fix it or why cant we download a full installee with the most current version!?
                                  Sign your posts, please.

As noted, we are investigating what is causing this. All the same, the aircraft is flyable. It's not like these updates are holding up people flying using any single product here.
                                  Kyle Rodgers
                                  PMDG Simulations

Comment

Working...
                                  X