Honeycomb Bravo - Tips or Profiles for PMDG Products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adf
    • Nov 2019

Honeycomb Bravo - Tips or Profiles for PMDG Products?

Just received my Honeycomb Bravo. Was wondering if anyone wanted to share any tips or profiles for the Honeycomb Configurator specific to PMDG products. Everything was mostly straightforward to configure out of the box, but I'm not sure how to get the autopilot buttons or thrust reversers working within the NGXu. Not even going to try the annunciator panel yet.
    Andrew De Forest
    Ryzen 3950X | RTX 2080Ti | 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz) | Prepar3Dv5
  • cmakris
    Administrator
    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by adf View Post
    Just received my Honeycomb Bravo. Was wondering if anyone wanted to share any tips or profiles for the Honeycomb Configurator specific to PMDG products. Everything was mostly straightforward to configure out of the box, but I'm not sure how to get the autopilot buttons or thrust reversers working within the NGXu. Not even going to try the annunciator panel yet.
    I do not have it yet but I am guessing the reverses are giving a key press when acvtivated in the Bravo? As for the A/P buttons I am guessing if it is like the Alpha you ll be needing to use something like LINDA to make it work
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Ephedrin
      • Feb 2019

I recommend LINDA too. PMDG aircraft are almost completey assignable using it and the UI is really easy to use.

Hello, here is the LINDA module for the PMDG 747 QOTSII PMDG 747 QOTSII 1_5 simply unzip the content into your modules folder. If you need a default configuration and in case you install this module the first time, please rename the files in the folder Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\PMDG 747 from *....

Here you can download the LINDA aircraft module for the PMDG 777 (module version 1.3a). Version 1.5a adds missing VRi Combo MPC .default files. It is only applies to VRInsight MCP panel users. Installation notes: Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Fl...

This is a new module for the PMDG NGXu (based on the current NGX module). Several variables have to be changed and GSX Service is disabled (due to recent GSX updates), but in the end, the module should be working flawless with your current NGX assignment. Download: PMDG_737_NGXu_v1_4 IMPORTANT! Y...
      Marc Eland

Comment

• Kapitanyur23
        • Feb 2019

Yeah still waiting on mine as well, thanks for the info!
        Zsolt Szivak

Comment

• adf
          • Nov 2019

Ok, downloaded and installed LINDA as well as the NGXu module, seems like the way to go! Autopilot buttons are working, but I'm curious about the logic for the thrust reversers. As cmakris said, it is treated as as single button push (whether they are activated or deactivated).

In Xplane, I had my throttles set up to where I could activate thrust reversers, then use my throttle axis to control the power of the reversers (so activating thrust reversers then pushing the throttle to full power would achieve maximum reverse thrust). Is this possible with LINDA?
          Andrew De Forest

Comment

• Ephedrin
            • Feb 2019

Ok, downloaded and installed LINDA as well as the NGXu module, seems like the way to go! Autopilot buttons are working, but I'm curious about the logic for the thrust reversers. As cmakris said, it is treated as as single button push (whether they are activated or deactivated).

In Xplane, I had my throttles set up to where I could activate thrust reversers, then use my throttle axis to control the power of the reversers (so activating thrust reversers then pushing the throttle to full power would achieve maximum reverse thrust). Is this possible with LINDA?
            What you CAN do (but it's not realistic at all) is to set the reverser button to send "Throttle decrease" and then move the reverser lever of the quadrant to the reverse position as often as you need it. To get back to idle you'd have to move the levers to a thrust position for a second. It's a bit disappointing that they haven't added an axis for the reversers.

You can also use for example the most right lever (the flaps lever) for reverse. So you'd have to set a small null zone to the idle position of the other thrust levers so they don't intervene and then, when in idle, pull the thrust lever back. That's what I am doing with my Saitek throttle quadrants.
            Marc Eland

Comment

• FBWFTW
              • May 2020

In desperate need of some help with the Bravo’s software and autopilot module... This is the answer I got from Dave in the Facebook group. But I have no clue really how this would work with PMDG and I’m not a programmer.
              I’m really not even sure where the “L” is supposed to go in the second picture. It’s been a bit frustrating as they’re saying ‘here do this’ with no real solid explanation other than a video that covers default aircraft... In the video they brought up a certain 767 add on’s so called “SDK” with pictures but no real explanation.
              26F5C1BA-8978-4E11-A688-B6E27643794C.jpeg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FBWFTW; 14Dec2020, 20:37.
              Ross McDonagh
              KBOS
              PC: Jetline Systems Customized Gravity GT2
              i7 10700K @5.1ghz//RTX 3080ti 12GB/32GB DDR4 @3200mhz//2x 1TB M.2 NVMe/1x 360GB SATA SSD//850W Corsair Power supply

Comment

• adf
                • Nov 2019

If you're trying to get the autopilot buttons to work, I would look into the aforementioned LINDA, as well as this module (for the NGXu at least): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...le-version-14/

I've found that much more useful compared to Honeycomb's configurator.
                Andrew De Forest

Comment

• FBWFTW
                  • May 2020

If you're trying to get the autopilot buttons to work, I would look into the aforementioned LINDA, as well as this module (for the NGXu at least): https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...le-version-14/

I've found that much more useful compared to Honeycomb's configurator.
                  I do indeed have LINDA and the module for the -700BW but the unfortunate thing about LINDA is that you can only shift up twice and I had a bunch of issues with the shifting (where it was theoretically supposed to shift but the action worked in unshifted mode) plus the LEDs I don’t believe can be configured...

The Honeycomb configurator seems to be the only thing that works properly to get the LED’s going. I find it incomprehensible that they released it without a proper manual or support for more than default aircraft. It feels like I have a gear handle with lights a few axes and the rest is a paperweight. Simmers don’t need to be told to go find LVARS from developers and then not told how to actually use them with the software!

Ross McDonagh
                  KBOS
                  PC: Jetline Systems Customized Gravity GT2
                  i7 10700K @5.1ghz//RTX 3080ti 12GB/32GB DDR4 @3200mhz//2x 1TB M.2 NVMe/1x 360GB SATA SSD//850W Corsair Power supply

Comment

• Tieyuan Sun
                    • Jul 2020

Hi all,
                    Is there any instructions about how to use LINDA?I am really new to this. And I wanna set the MCP to the bravo.

Tieyuan Sun

Comment

• Orjan Polman
                      • Mar 2019

Hi guys.

I just got the Bravo working with the Honeycomb configurator in the NGXu, every button is assigned and working. It's awesome

Here is the link for the respective configurator according to the type of sim you have:
                      Honeycomb Profiles - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Here are the various profiles for PMDG aircraft:
                      Bravo Throttle Quadrant - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES
                      1. Start the Honeycomb configurator.
                      2. Activate the PMDG translator using "Actions" -> "Activate/Deactivate PMDG", select Prepar3D version, check Prepar3D path, then "Activate".
                      3. Download the PMDG profiles if you haven't done so, and "Import" them, which is an available through "Actions" -> "Settings" -> "Import Profiles".
                      4. For each Honeycomb device, use "Actions" -> "Change Selected Device" to select it if not so currently.
                      5. Load the profile using the "Profiles menu".
                      6. Activate that profile with "Actions" -> "Activate current profile".
                      7. Now you can start Prepar3D. You need to do this once, until you want to switch aircraft...

Here are some pictures to help explain the above:
                      PMDG honeycomb profiles - Hardware and OS Discussions, suggestions and insights - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Cheers!

EDIT: when downloading the profile you want, there is also a pdf you can download that shows what every button is assigned to.
                      Regards, Orjan Polman.
                      ENGM

Comment

• cmakris
                        Administrator
                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Orjan Polman View Post
                        Hi guys.

I just got the Bravo working with the Honeycomb configurator in the NGXu, every button is assigned and working. It's awesome

Here is the link for the respective configurator according to the type of sim you have:
                        Honeycomb Profiles - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Here are the various profiles for PMDG aircraft:
                        Bravo Throttle Quadrant - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES
                        1. Start the Honeycomb configurator.
                        2. Activate the PMDG translator using "Actions" -> "Activate/Deactivate PMDG", select Prepar3D version, check Prepar3D path, then "Activate".
                        3. Download the PMDG profiles if you haven't done so, and "Import" them, which is an available through "Actions" -> "Settings" -> "Import Profiles".
                        4. For each Honeycomb device, use "Actions" -> "Change Selected Device" to select it if not so currently.
                        5. Load the profile using the "Profiles menu".
                        6. Activate that profile with "Actions" -> "Activate current profile".
                        7. Now you can start Prepar3D. You need to do this once, until you want to switch aircraft...

Here are some pictures to help explain the above:
                        PMDG honeycomb profiles - Hardware and OS Discussions, suggestions and insights - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Cheers!

EDIT: when downloading the profile you want, there is also a pdf you can download that shows what every button is assigned to.
                        Didn’t know that these existed. that is great Will sent a PM to the guy in Aerosoft for fixing the bbj as well
                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Alex_S
                          Alex_S commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Chris just seeing if there is any joy in making the Bravo work with the BBJ using the aerosoft profiles? It works perfectly with 737 800 and the cargo exp. thanks
                      • Orjan Polman
                        • Mar 2019

Yes, it is very good That sounds great Chris!

On a sidenote; I did have some issues with my add-ons.cfg file that caused the Bravo not to work, nor did it show under the "Add-ons -> Honeycomb" in the sim.

But Benjamin at Aerosoft altered my .cfg file and sent it back and after I replaced it, everything was golden!
                        This is above my paygrade, so it was both vital and great to get assistance with that
                        Regards, Orjan Polman.
                        ENGM

Comment

• Vanzunator
                          • Feb 2019

Hi,
                          I just wanted to let you know that I have been able to get both Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo to fully work with LINDA and PMDG 747 QOTSII
                          I believe getting Alpha to work with LINDA and PMDG airplanes is pretty straight forward if you have a basic understanding of LINDA's UI.
                          However getting Bravo's MCP selector (HDG, IAS, ALT, CRS and VS selector) to work with its increase/decrease rotary button for PMDG aircraft was a bit more tricky. It required writing some LUA code in 'user.lua' file in LINDA. Please see my post including the single user.lua file that you need to download and add to your LINDA here.

Regards,
                          Jim Morrison
                          Jim Morrison

Comment

• Lude2Envy
                            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

What you CAN do (but it's not realistic at all) is to set the reverser button to send "Throttle decrease" and then move the reverser lever of the quadrant to the reverse position as often as you need it. To get back to idle you'd have to move the levers to a thrust position for a second. It's a bit disappointing that they haven't added an axis for the reversers.

You can also use for example the most right lever (the flaps lever) for reverse. So you'd have to set a small null zone to the idle position of the other thrust levers so they don't intervene and then, when in idle, pull the thrust lever back. That's what I am doing with my Saitek throttle quadrants.
                            In FSUIPC I set the buttons from the reversers to Throttle 1 Decr, Throttle 2 Decr, etc. and check the box continue to press while button is held, and then set it to Throttle 1 Cut, Throttle 2 Cut, etc... when button released. It works pretty well.
                            Ian Kalter

Comment

• Ephedrin
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Lude2Envy View Post

In FSUIPC I set the buttons from the reversers to Throttle 1 Decr, Throttle 2 Decr, etc. and check the box continue to press while button is held, and then set it to Throttle 1 Cut, Throttle 2 Cut, etc... when button released. It works pretty well.
                              yes, but if you don't want full reverse all the time you have to be pretty quick to release them.

I've set the actual reverser levers to the same as you did except I left the "continue" option unchecked. Then I assigned the "axis buttons" when you move the whole lever further down to the same again with the "continue" option checked. So I can use idle reverse with the reverser levers only and if I want max reverse I can move the throttles fully down.
                              Marc Eland

Comment

• Lude2Envy
                                • Feb 2019

yes, but if you don't want full reverse all the time you have to be pretty quick to release them.

I've set the actual reverser levers to the same as you did except I left the "continue" option unchecked. Then I assigned the "axis buttons" when you move the whole lever further down to the same again with the "continue" option checked. So I can use idle reverse with the reverser levers only and if I want max reverse I can move the throttles fully down.
                                That's actually a really good idea. I didn't think of that. Thanks!
                                Ian Kalter

Comment

• bert.laverman
                                  • Mar 2019

The approach taken by the "official" profile for the Honeycomb Configurator is that it sets an internal variable to 1 when you lift the reverses, then uses the full-down button (when you push the throttles "through" the click) to set a higher level of thrust if that boolean is set. So If reversers are not engaged, it doesn't do anything, otherwise, it switches from idle reverse to full reverse. Releasing the reversers will cut the throttle and reset the variable.
                                  Bert Laverman - Software Architect and Developer - Flight Simmer

Comment

• robroberson
                                    robroberson commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    You got it buddy. Works great. All working in 777 and 747 just using configurator and available profiles for each aircraft.
                                • DirtyF16
                                  • Nov 2019

ANY help is MUCH appreciated. I am beyond frustrated...

P3Dv4, Alpha and Bravo FC from Honeycomb. FSUIPC registered but ZERO buttons are programmed.

I installed the honeycomb configurator v2.01 from their website (assuming the drivers were auto installed with it along with plugging in the USB ports). I downloaded profiles (PMDG 777X) from aerosoft and they work except for the following two keys.
                                  1.) when I select flaps down on the BQT, it also selects the 'A/P disengage' gang bar on the MCP. I can't find the duplicate key assignment...help!
                                  2.) I want to use the 'flap extend incrementally' button (button 2) on the Alpha yoke as my push to talk, however, I can't delete the key function in the profile...help!

Thank you in advance...also, I am a pilot, not a computer guy, I am sure I messed something up and/or will need some expanded guidance. Thank you
                                  Danny Hull

Comment

• Captain Kevin
                                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by DirtyF16 View Post
                                    ANY help is MUCH appreciated. I am beyond frustrated...

P3Dv4, Alpha and Bravo FC from Honeycomb. FSUIPC registered but ZERO buttons are programmed.

I installed the honeycomb configurator v2.01 from their website (assuming the drivers were auto installed with it along with plugging in the USB ports). I downloaded profiles (PMDG 777X) from aerosoft and they work except for the following two keys.
                                    1.) when I select flaps down on the BQT, it also selects the 'A/P disengage' gang bar on the MCP. I can't find the duplicate key assignment...help!
                                    2.) I want to use the 'flap extend incrementally' button (button 2) on the Alpha yoke as my push to talk, however, I can't delete the key function in the profile...help!

Thank you in advance...also, I am a pilot, not a computer guy, I am sure I messed something up and/or will need some expanded guidance. Thank you
                                    First, PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your first and last name, which you agreed to when you created an account here. Instructions on how to do so can be found here:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

In the Honeycomb Configurator, load up the profile you're trying to edit. On the right side drop box, select the button or switch you're trying to edit. When you do, click variable, and the menu should expand. Click on the variable in question, verify what it actually does, and if it does something you don't want it to do, you can go ahead and delete it. Click apply change once you're done.
                                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• aviator96
                                      • May 2019

I'm having some issues as well. I have followed the step listed above by Orjan, but none of the switches follow the assignments in the configurator, instead they are assigned random tasks. An example is the HDG button. Instead of engaging Heading Select, it releases the parking brake. I also can't get full reverse thrust, only idle, even though I go to below the stop to full idle detent on the throttle. I'm not very familiar with using FSUIPC so I'm not quite sure how to assign that in there.
                                      Robert Briscoe

Comment

• cmakris
                                        Administrator
                                        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by aviator96 View Post
                                        I'm having some issues as well. I have followed the step listed above by Orjan, but none of the switches follow the assignments in the configurator, instead they are assigned random tasks. An example is the HDG button. Instead of engaging Heading Select, it releases the parking brake. I also can't get full reverse thrust, only idle, even though I go to below the stop to full idle detent on the throttle. I'm not very familiar with using FSUIPC so I'm not quite sure how to assign that in there.
                                        Why not using the already existing profiles that Aerosoft has made?
                                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Captain Kevin
                                          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by cmakris View Post
                                          Sounds like that's exactly what he was trying to do, but ran into issues. But in any case, the Aerosoft profile has one button on the yoke set to set the flaps and another button on the yoke to retract the flaps. If you already have the throttle quadrant and use the flap lever to do that, why would you still need the button controls for that. At that point, you're better off just using the button for something else.

In my attempt to help my friend set up his equipment, I ran into a completely different issue. Buttons work, but light switches and autopilot buttons didn't seem to do anything.
                                          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• cmakris
                                            Administrator
                                            • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                            Sounds like that's exactly what he was trying to do, but ran into issues. But in any case, the Aerosoft profile has one button on the yoke set to set the flaps and another button on the yoke to retract the flaps. If you already have the throttle quadrant and use the flap lever to do that, why would you still need the button controls for that. At that point, you're better off just using the button for something else.

In my attempt to help my friend set up his equipment, I ran into a completely different issue. Buttons work, but light switches and autopilot buttons didn't seem to do anything.
                                            I just removed the assignments from the .Jason file and assigned these buttons via the sim.
                                            PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• aviator96
                                              • May 2019

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Hi Chris, I am using the profile that Aerosoft has made, but none of the buttons in the configurator match what the throttle was doing in the sim. Like the example I listed above, in the pdf off of Aerosoft's website, it says the HDG button should select heading select, but for me it disengages the parking brake. I thought following the steps laid out above would active the profile and the buttons would match, but I guess not?
                                              Robert Briscoe

Comment

• cmakris
                                                Administrator
                                                • Sep 2018

Originally posted by aviator96 View Post

Hi Chris, I am using the profile that Aerosoft has made, but none of the buttons in the configurator match what the throttle was doing in the sim. Like the example I listed above, in the pdf off of Aerosoft's website, it says the HDG button should select heading select, but for me it disengages the parking brake. I thought following the steps laid out above would active the profile and the buttons would match, but I guess not?
                                                Have you checked at Aerosoft forum for that? I have no issues with the profiles in any of the 3 planes. Both Alpha and Bravo
                                                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Orjan Polman
                                                  • Mar 2019

Hi Robert.

If you haven't already done this:
                                                  when running the sim, open FSUIPC and click on the "Buttons and Switches" header.
                                                  Press any of the buttons on the Bravo that are doing something else than expected, and see if FSUIPC shows any other assignment.

Also erase any assignment in the sim menu that you are not using. That goes for the menu for both the Bravo and Alpha.

That's all I can think of..

Cheers.
                                                  Regards, Orjan Polman.
                                                  ENGM

Comment

• jbinner
                                                    • Nov 2019

sorry to revive an "old" thread, but the links for V5 P3D software download are not working, tried on Aerosoft and on Honeycomb itself. I have time, just ordered the Bravo today (back in stock on mypilotstore.com BTW). All the module links work though.

But anyone with the 3-15-2021 update that could share would be much appreciated. I am getting my files in order for when it arrives.
                                                    John Binner
                                                    NEW RIG (Aug 2020, video upgrade Jan 2022):
                                                    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.2Ghz |Memory: 32GB RAM @3600Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V |MB: ASUS Prime X570-P | GPU: ASUS TUF 16GB RX6900XT GPU (Upgrade Jan 2022)

Comment

• jbinner
                                                      • Nov 2019

UPDATE: Chrome was not working MS Edge did, solved, sorry all
                                                      John Binner
                                                      NEW RIG (Aug 2020, video upgrade Jan 2022):
                                                      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.2Ghz |Memory: 32GB RAM @3600Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V |MB: ASUS Prime X570-P | GPU: ASUS TUF 16GB RX6900XT GPU (Upgrade Jan 2022)

Comment

• bert.laverman
                                                        • Mar 2019

In Chrome, use right-click, then save-as, and don't forget to tell Chrome _not_ to discard the file.
                                                        Bert Laverman - Software Architect and Developer - Flight Simmer

Comment

Working...
                                                        X