Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[26SEP20] Let's Get Down to Business, Shall We?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PMDG products are usually upwards compatible within platform update contrary to fslabs for example
    Christian Mbeumo

    Comment


      How to do business without new products???

      Cheers
      Bruno Emmenegger
      Last edited by LSZH; 15Oct2020, 05:14.

      Comment


      • LSZH
        LSZH commented
        Editing a comment
        Patiently waiting for the BBJ!

        Cheers
        Bruno Emmenegger

      Originally posted by LSZH View Post
      How to do business without new products???
      Not sure what you mean? There are new products. The NGXu was released just one year ago and the existing fleet gets quality and feature updates as well as extensions regularily. And other products are around the corner.

      Also please note the forum rules that are shown at the top of the page. You are required to sign your posts and like everyone else you agreed to them =)
      i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
      Marc Ehnle

      Comment


        Originally posted by LSZH View Post
        How to do business without new products???
        PMDG have a quality-first approach, which is all about taking their time with new products, and continuously improving their existing ones. It's unlike some other developers who churn out aircraft after aircraft, and don't bother to go deep enough with their modelling, not to mention fixing lingering bugs.
        Craig Norman

        Comment


          Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
          [SIZE=14px]Captains,



          We were days away from releasing the BBJ package when we discovered we had missed a major modification to the fuel system on the airplane, so we held the product back in order to complete the change and bring you the proper fuel quantity indicating system. It took a few weeks to hack through the documentation and adjust the design and operation of the system to ensure it is correct, but in the next couple of days we will hand one last beta build to our testing team and then roll the BBJ out to you.

          Seems as if the "issue" with the fuel system is bigger than anticipated....
          Christian Mbeumo

          Comment


            Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post

            Seems as if the "issue" with the fuel system is bigger than anticipated....
            Not at all... on one hand PMDG has a policy of not having release dates scheduled but on the other RSR likes to promote the release of a new product SoonTM . If he says a week it means anything from a week to a week or two, or maybe longer.
            Dan Downs KCRP
            i7-10700K 32GB 3600MHz 1080Ti

            Comment


              Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post

              Seems as if the "issue" with the fuel system is bigger than anticipated....
              Thinking the same thing. When I read, "in the next couple of days we will hand one last beta build to our testing team and then roll the BBJ out to you" I thought a week or 2 at the most and now we are nearing end of 3 weeks.
              Eric Fisher

              Comment


                If I had to make a guess on the new aircraft type, I'd say it's the 767 or the 727.

                Marlon Carter

                Comment


                  If by chance the new plane was a 707 or 727 as some of you are hoping for, what kind of flight management system would this vintage aircraft come with? Planes in this era came with INS or some kind of FMC upgrade later in life. If it's an INS then PMDG would have to build one for these aircraft. I can see magenta pilots not being a big fan of old school navigation.

                  If I was to guess what the next aircraft was I would have to say it's either the 757 or the 767. Both have been highly requested and since Level-D hasn't pursued anything since the passing of the lead developer, RIP, this void can be filled by PMDG. I will not comments on the CS version as we have the PMDG 777 and CS 777 in the market.

                  I don't see it being the MD-11 as they have been very clear on this subject and TFDI has taken it upon them selves to make one. Who better since they made the 717.

                  I'm not sure about the 787. As much as we would love a 787 from PMDG you have to give credit to QW for their 787 package. It's not perfect but it's a very nice collection to have in your FS arsenal.

                  Tough call but I look forward to the upcoming releases.
                  Dan Moore

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Wise87 View Post
                    If by chance the new plane was a 707 or 727 as some of you are hoping for, what kind of flight management system would this vintage aircraft come with? Planes in this era came with INS or some kind of FMC upgrade later in life. If it's an INS then PMDG would have to build one for these aircraft. I can see magenta pilots not being a big fan of old school navigation.

                    If I was to guess what the next aircraft was I would have to say it's either the 757 or the 767. Both have been highly requested and since Level-D hasn't pursued anything since the passing of the lead developer, RIP, this void can be filled by PMDG. I will not comments on the CS version as we have the PMDG 777 and CS 777 in the market.

                    I don't see it being the MD-11 as they have been very clear on this subject and TFDI has taken it upon them selves to make one. Who better since they made the 717.

                    I'm not sure about the 787. As much as we would love a 787 from PMDG you have to give credit to QW for their 787 package. It's not perfect but it's a very nice collection to have in your FS arsenal.

                    Tough call but I look forward to the upcoming releases.
                    The quality wings model apart from modelling that is nice everything else is miles away from the real life counterpart not even close
                    Duarte Vieira

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Wise87 View Post
                      since Level-D hasn't pursued anything since the passing of the lead developer, RIP,
                      Yikes. First time I've heard of that one. That's unfortunate.
                      Captain Kevin

                      Kevin Yang

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                        Yikes. First time I've heard of that one. That's unfortunate.
                        You didn’t hear about Eric Ernst? He was the creator of the PIC767 and the Level-D 767. He was a great person who loved the hobby and was a RW pilot on the 767 and I believed he was upgrading to the Airbus. Great guy to chat with in the forums back in the day. Would love to see a PMDG 767 take it to the next level.
                        Dan Moore

                        Comment


                        • BodoM
                          BodoM commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As much as I know Wade Chafe was the main developer. Eric Ernst was a kind of consultant on how the systems work on a 767. I am not sure that he also was involved in programming the gauges and so on.

                        The new Aircraft type is going to be a 787
                        Michael Pach

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Wise87 View Post
                          You didn’t hear about Eric Ernst? He was the creator of the PIC767 and the Level-D 767. He was a great person who loved the hobby and was a RW pilot on the 767 and I believed he was upgrading to the Airbus. Great guy to chat with in the forums back in the day. Would love to see a PMDG 767 take it to the next level.
                          Negative, sir. Though I knew about the existence of the Level-D 767, I didn't actually own it, so I didn't know who developed it. Only thing I heard was Level-D was working on a 757, but that was years ago.
                          Captain Kevin

                          Kevin Yang

                          Comment


                            The Level D 767 was a great simulator and still is. The systems and fmc for its time was leaps ahead of any other 767’s. The Level-D was also FS2Crew’s first add-on which still works if you still use Prep3D and the767. I own all of PMDG’s products and that’s why I went back to Prep3D even though I bought FS2020.

                            jeffg
                            https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/Signatu..._747_Pilot.jpg

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jeffreymg View Post
                              The Level D 767 was a great simulator and still is. The systems and fmc for its time was leaps ahead of any other 767’s. The Level-D was also FS2Crew’s first add-on which still works if you still use Prep3D and the767. I own all of PMDG’s products and that’s why I went back to Prep3D even though I bought FS2020.

                              jeffg
                              I wholeheartly agree. It was my very first flight sim addon as a I believe 15 years old, followed by the A2A P47, then the PMDG747. After having flown all kinds of more or less (rather less ) complex freeware addons in FS2000 and FS2004 it was a blast and I had no clue what I was supposed to do. Another student pilot from our club then showed me how to use and fly it and from then the flightsim journey began

                              I have an old FS9 installation on my old computer with the LVL-D 767 and the 9 Dragons Kai Tak scenery and sometimes I plug it in and do some circuits around the old VHHH =)

                              I really wish PMDG did the 767. But well.....
                              i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                              Marc Ehnle

                              Comment


                              • BodoM
                                BodoM commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Me too. I also have FS9 on my SSD with the RFP 747 Classic, the PMDG MD11 and the LDS 767. 😊

                              Originally posted by jeffreymg View Post
                              The Level D 767 was a great simulator and still is. The systems and fmc for its time was leaps ahead of any other 767’s. The Level-D was also FS2Crew’s first add-on which still works if you still use Prep3D and the767. I own all of PMDG’s products and that’s why I went back to Prep3D even though I bought FS2020.

                              jeffg
                              I've never had it, but from what I can tell, it was the benchmark for many a study-level sim, and it would be nice to have a new study-level 767, but given dwindling numbers of 767s in passenger service, I'm not sure if the economics would add up, as much as I think there is a gap in the market.
                              Craig Norman

                              Comment


                              • micstatic
                                micstatic commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Nothing says people can only fly a plane not in service anymore. But probably a better market for planes still in service I agree.

                              Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
                              I've never had it, but from what I can tell, it was the benchmark for many a study-level sim, and it would be nice to have a new study-level 767, but given dwindling numbers of 767s in passenger service, I'm not sure if the economics would add up, as much as I think there is a gap in the market.
                              With this „in real worl operation“ argument we‘ll be limited to the 737, 787, 777, A320, 330 and 350 and two or three embrear models shortly. Not exactly desireable.
                              i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                              Marc Ehnle

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

                                With this „in real worl operation“ argument we‘ll be limited to the 737, 787, 777, A320, 330 and 350 and two or three embrear models shortly. Not exactly desireable.
                                But at the same time, people want to experience the current generation of airliners, and with Airbus especially opening up a bit more to licensing products for home flight simulation, it's clear that the money is going to be in new gen airliners.
                                Craig Norman

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
                                  But at the same time, people want to experience the current generation of airliners, and with Airbus especially opening up a bit more to licensing products for home flight simulation, it's clear that the money is going to be in new gen airliners.
                                  Some people would, some others wouldn‘t. I‘m fine with the A320 series, those applications running on the side screens in an A350 are copyrighted anyway and afaik running on windows. So that will be quite interesting if it‘s going to be simulated down to this detail and how or if „study level“ will be interpreted differently again. And if I was to choose I would prefer a 727 or 707 to a 787 anytime.
                                  i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                  Marc Ehnle

                                  Comment


                                    I cut my teeth on the LevelD many years ago. I even purchased the bound manual............spent a lot of time learning the systems and FMC.

                                    Later, after a few years, I moved to the first version of the PMDG 747.

                                    Many airlines still fly this plane, and a couple of my airline pilot friends loved the performance.
                                    Bill Clark
                                    Win10, V-2004//I5-8600K 5.2GHz//Nvidia GTX 1080Ti//VRAM 11GB
                                    RAM 32GB//2TB M2.NVMe//Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7//Corsair H115i

                                    Comment


                                      One interesting project would be to do the 767-300F w/ the upgraded avionics. Uses the same PFD/MFD as the 737NG and would be much much much simpler to model than a 787.

                                      Cargojet has them, UPS too but I think they have the widescreen panels like the MAX.

                                      Eric Blais

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

                                        Some people would, some others wouldn‘t. I‘m fine with the A320 series, those applications running on the side screens in an A350 are copyrighted anyway and afaik running on windows. So that will be quite interesting if it‘s going to be simulated down to this detail and how or if „study level“ will be interpreted differently again. And if I was to choose I would prefer a 727 or 707 to a 787 anytime.
                                        Well, FF found a way for their A350 on XP, so it's a case of "never say never". As far as I'm concerned, the Windows used on Airbuses with OISes is so heavily disguised you can hardly notice any traces of Redmond on a Toulouse-built bird. So it's still feasible, even if some features have to be approximated.
                                        Craig Norman

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

                                          ... And if I was to choose I would prefer a 727 or 707 to a 787 anytime.
                                          Classic airliners are nice, no doubt. But for for pilots at VA replicating real life SOP a decent 787 and 777 are much more interesting
                                          Christian Mbeumo

                                          Comment


                                            I feel like we have an already decent 787 available for p3d. With all do respect to CS, the 767/57 isn't quite as in depth as I was hoping for. Certainly an improvement over the first version from them, but not quite as much detail in the systems area as we have with other addon aircraft. The external models are beautiful though! This is one area of the addon market that certainly use some competition to say the least.
                                            -Spencer Hoefer

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                              I feel like we have an already decent 787 available for p3d. With all do respect to CS, the 767/57 isn't quite as in depth as I was hoping for. Certainly an improvement over the first version from them, but not quite as much detail in the systems area as we have with other addon aircraft. The external models are beautiful though! This is one area of the addon market that certainly use some competition to say the least.
                                              The existing 787 is still full of problems and missing features. While it does have great visuals, it's let down in other areas, especially system depth and bugs that affect the autopilot.
                                              Craig Norman

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post

                                                Classic airliners are nice, no doubt. But for for pilots at VA replicating real life SOP a decent 787 and 777 are much more interesting
                                                We have only two classic airliners with „study level“ status, which is the A2A Constellation and the PMDG DC-6. The Leonardo Maddog already has an FMS and Screens.
                                                i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                                Marc Ehnle

                                                Comment


                                                • Mickel
                                                  Mickel commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  I think the implication is that VA pilots needs are more important than the rest of us mere mortals... ;-)

                                                • VoyagerP3D
                                                  VoyagerP3D commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  You got my point Mickel

                                                • Mickel
                                                  Mickel commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Doesn’t mean I agree with it... the cookie cutter airliner offerings make me yawn these days.
                                                  Last edited by Mickel; 18Oct2020, 21:27.
                                              Working...
                                              X