Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[26SEP20] Let's Get Down to Business, Shall We?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad that there are no mentions in the posts to the most important of RSRs news - GFO.
    I believe that GFO will make a major contribution to our simmimg and could see a major reduction in VA usage. Far more impact than just a few additional aircraft models.
    Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods
    i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, Win10, P3Dv5

Comment

• micstatic
      micstatic commented
      Editing a comment
      he did comment: We also set a “go live” date on the calendar for PMDG Global Flight Operations this past week… I need to get together with Chris to map out a full spectrum update for you on THAT topic… it will be it’s own announcement.

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      he read what i wrote! <wipes away a tear of joy> -RSR

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
    I believe that GFO will make a major contribution to our simmimg and could see a major reduction in VA usage.
    For me, that would be the sad part. VAs are communities as much as anything else. I'd rather see VAs embrace GFO (if that's possible?) and use it to enhance their offering, even to promote themselves further in terms of realism by using GFO.

Of course, my opinion is based on hearsay, we don't know fully what it's going to bring to the table other than some basics provided some time ago...

Trevor Hannant

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a whole suite of tools coming to help VAs leverage our technology to their own benefit. It will allow VAs to utilize what we have built, while maintaining their own autonomy to run their operation and organization as they wish. The VA tools will come a bit later as we want to normalize the core non-VA functionality first.. but we'll tell you more very soon. - RSR

• TrevorHannant
      TrevorHannant commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Robert, good to hear!

Originally posted by Ilari Kousa View Post

Why are you guys so crazy about the different variants, given they're almost identical operationally?
    That's a rather narrow view to take given that the -200LR is essentially a different aircraft to the -200ER. The engines are different, the wings are updated, the whole aircraft also uses a greater percentage of newer alloys and composites compared to the older 200ER. Also, there are significant performance differences to consider. While it may not seem much at first, when you scrutinize a bit more then you'll realize all the differences for yourself.
    Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande
    B.E (Aeronautics)

Comment

i am happy you provided us time lines, even if the time lines are far out. at least we know were we stand and what to expect.
      also i always add buffer time on top the declared time lines for contingency
      - Death is the way of life telling you, you are fired
      - Once I suffered from Split personality, today we feel a lot better
      - I do not suffer form Insanity, I'm enjoying it

Comment

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
        Sad that there are no mentions in the posts to the most important of RSRs news - GFO.
        I believe that GFO will make a major contribution to our simmimg and could see a major reduction in VA usage. Far more impact than just a few additional aircraft models.
        Actually, I believe it'll do the exact opposite, because if they're putting in a feature where people (and VAs) can create their own fleets, then that could prove to be a boon to existing VAs, and even lead to a new wave of VAs being formed, though the only problem I can see with that is it could possibly lead to dupes of RL airlines being created, and that could clog the system. Though I am excited to see that, and I'm also hoping they'll either have an ACARS dispatcher client and/or AI-driven ACARS like in FSL's Airbuses, as well as the ability to simulate the Oceanic SELCAL check that's required when entering Oceanic areas such as the NATOTS.
        Craig Norman

Comment

I really hope that PMDG recognizes the market for a 767. There are still numerous airlines worldwide that use the 767. The history of the 767 alone would justify PMDG developing the 767. But honestly, I think it's more likely to be a 787. I don't know if I'm going to buy this state-of-the-art plane. The 787 from QualityWings has not interested me so far.

But for now I’m happy to get the 772ER soon!!
          Regards from Cologne,
          Tobi

Comment

Originally posted by mighty747 View Post
            I really hope that PMDG recognizes the market for a 767. There are still numerous airlines worldwide that use the 767. The history of the 767 alone would justify PMDG developing the 767. But honestly, I think it's more likely to be a 787. I don't know if I'm going to buy this state-of-the-art plane. The 787 from QualityWings has not interested me so far.

if you are really in the bad need of a 767, CS just released one last month, otherwise I don't see PMDG jumping to do a 767 or even a 757 any time soon.
            Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande
            B.E (Aeronautics)

Comment

• mighty747
              mighty747 commented
              Editing a comment
              You’re right, but CaptainSim is trash😄 No money for this company!

Will the update also include the 777-200ER?
            Ben
            Ben Briscoe

Comment

Originally posted by BWBriscoe View Post
              Will the update also include the 777-200ER?
              Ben
              No. That’s a paid expansion.
              Alex Pugh

Comment

Originally posted by snsb789 View Post

if you are really in the bad need of a 767, CS just released one last month, otherwise I don't see PMDG jumping to do a 767 or even a 757 any time soon.
                CS also did a 777 and PMDG did their own anyways. So this is no reason for PMDG to do not a 767.
                Bodo Müller
                Globe Cargo Virtual Airlines.
                A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air

Comment

• snsb789
                  snsb789 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Times were different then, what made sense then will not make sense now.

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with Bodo... We hear lots of of reasons why we won't do various things. None of them make any sense when you really get down to brass tacks. - RSR

• bert.laverman
                  bert.laverman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, you sneaky guy... Keep pouring oil on the fire, eh?

Originally posted by AirBadger View Post

No. That’s a paid expansion.
                hope to see some pics soon
                Regards from Cologne,
                Tobi

Comment

Originally posted by mighty747 View Post

The B787 would be the most logical choice since the avionics for the MAX series and 787 are indentical,BUT you never know with PMDG so I guess we would have to wait and see.
                  We won't be disappointed that's for sure!
                  Last edited by Stefan_888; 01Oct2020, 17:49.
                  STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

I am truly looking forward to fly the B777-200ER. I work at EHAM daily and when I see the 200ER now, I can't wait to own it and fly it across the Flightsim globe! Great work PMDG, you are doing an incredible job!
                    Johnno Roskam
                    Proud PMDG pilot
                    KLM Ramp agent

Comment

I guess I'll add my speculation. If PMDG is planning to add the 777X to their product line in the future then a 787 wouldn't be too far out of reach. The 777X and 787 use the same cockpit and avionics with some small differences. Now that is if they actually plan on adding the 777X to their 777 line.
                      Devin Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhound79 View Post
                        I guess I'll add my speculation. If PMDG is planning to add the 777X to their product line in the future then a 787 wouldn't be too far out of reach. The 777X and 787 use the same cockpit and avionics with some small differences. Now that is if they actually plan on adding the 777X to their 777 line.
                        I'd have to say there's very little chance of a 777X being an expansion, though - that'd be more than enough of a change to be a standalone package.
                        - Karl Brooker

Comment

Originally posted by squerble View Post

I'd have to say there's very little chance of a 777X being an expansion, though - that'd be more than enough of a change to be a standalone package.
                          The 747-8 was released as an expansion to the 744v3 pack, despite having significant differences, mostly in the size, engines, performance and avionics. So I wouldn't discount the possibility that a 777X expansion to the PMDG 777 could happen.
                          Craig Norman

Comment

Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
                            The 747-8 was released as an expansion to the 744v3 pack, despite having significant differences, mostly in the size, engines, performance and avionics. So I wouldn't discount the possibility that a 777X expansion to the PMDG 777 could happen.
                            RSR also said he wished they'd released it as standalone because of the amount of those changes. Therefore it is almost certain a hypothetical 777X would be its own product line.
                            - Karl Brooker

Comment

Originally posted by CANorm91 View Post
                              Yes, but look at how long it took for them to do that AND take into consideration the fact that the 747-400 needed a significant update in order to accommodate the 747-8 expansion. The only reason they had continued on with it was the fact that they had already announced that the 747-8 would be an expansion, and they weren't going to go back on that. Had they not announced that, it is likely that the 747-8 would have been a standalone add-on rather than an expansion. So given the differences between the 777X and the 737MAX, it could really go either way with this.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

You realize you are talking for a plane that has not even entered commercial usage...
                                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                PMDG Technical Support
                                http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• Greyhound79
                                  Greyhound79 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Obviously, but does that mean it can't be talked about? Were people talking about the 747-8 on here before it was in commercial use?

i hope its a 747 classic

Comment

Never mind modern aircraft, its the old airframes I want more of! A 727 would be very nice, especially in MSFS!

I am looking forward the the 777 update in P3D for the time being though!
                                  Ciarán Andrews, Ireland

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                    rsrandazzo commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    mmmm.... three holers. I LOVE three holers. -RSR

• teohalfen
                                    teohalfen commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I think an old jet airliner like the 727 would be great in PMDG fleet... There is no old jet airliner in PMDG fleet yet... Specially a short to medium range jet airliner, for those who lack the time for long trips. And you can land a 727 in most airports with a 5000 ft runway. A 727 has lots of history and can teach you a lot about aviation.

Teo Halfen
                                    Last edited by teohalfen; 03Oct2020, 03:53.

Here's a wild card.. Maybe the jungle jets? Whether Embraer would be willing to provide the necessary data regarding their aircraft is another matter though. As far as I know Boeing is the only commercial aircraft manufacturer that allows for licensing in flight sims.
                                  -Spencer Hoefer

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                    Here's a wild card.. Maybe the jungle jets? Whether Embraer would be willing to provide the necessary data regarding their aircraft is another matter though. As far as I know Boeing is the only commercial aircraft manufacturer that allows for licensing in flight sims.
                                    Aerosoft and FSL (and I think possibly a couple of others) are licensed Airbus products. Doesn't mean they provide data though, just means they're happy for the "Airbus" name to be used.
                                    - Karl Brooker

Comment

Originally posted by squerble View Post

Aerosoft and FSL (and I think possibly a couple of others) are licensed Airbus products. Doesn't mean they provide data though, just means they're happy for the "Airbus" name to be used.
                                      FSL are the only ones with a study-level Airbus, and they currently have a long haul Airbus in development, so their range is growing. However, the market for study-level Airbuses isn't as well developed as Boeing, and part of that is down to access to data and how deep they can go, not to mention that the A350 and A380 have a paperless system, which means that access to certain data can be a nightmare, but seeing as the Thrustmaster TCA is the first product to actually have an officially-licensed label from Airbus, it's a possible sign that they may let developers develop more in-depth simulations.
                                      Craig Norman

Comment

Is the 777-200ER expansion coming at the same time as the P3D5 upgrade?
                                        Ben Briscoe
                                        Ben Briscoe

Comment

X an’t wait to fly the Euroatlantic or Privilege Style 772ER! We need pics, more pics!🤣
                                          Regards from Cologne,
                                          Tobi

Comment

Anyone planning to do a day-in-the-life for the BBJ, similar to freighter? 😁
                                            Matthew Simmons

Comment

A 767 would be absolutely incredible. The LDS was the first “study” level aircraft I ever used, and that’s how I learned to use the FMC. This lead to every PMDG Boeings for both FS 9 and then on to P3D.
                                              That being said, whatever the mystery plane is, I’ll more than likely get it.
                                              Richard Simoneau

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                                                [SIZE=14px]Captains,

Hello and happy weekend to you. Generally speaking I try to give you a weekly update at some point during the weekend to keep you generally involved in what is going on around the PMDG universe. There have been a number of external factors impacting my ability to keep up with outbound news and information since mid-summer so you (hopefully?) noticed I wasn't around.

I do have plenty to fill you in with- but rather than dump all of it on you at one time, I have a few pieces to share today with more to follow!

PMDG 777 Update:

There is enough in this update that it warrants it’s own update- so watch for that coming to you a bit later. (Someone will invariably ask: No, this update does not add an EFB to the 777, nor will it turn it into an MD-11, for that matter. )

I’m so anxiously awaiting this second update that I’ve set aside time while having my first cup of coffee every morning since this post to check the forums for the update on the T7 and GFO...
                                                Ross McDonagh
                                                KBOS
                                                PC: Jetline Systems Customized Gravity GT2
                                                i7 10700K @5.1ghz//RTX 2080S 8GB/32GB DDR4 @3200mhz//1TB WD M.2 NVMe//750W Power supply

Comment

Originally posted by FBWFTW View Post

I’m so anxiously awaiting this second update that I’ve set aside time while having my first cup of coffee every morning since this post to check the forums for the update on the T7 and GFO...
                                                  Me too! I can't wait for that update!
                                                  Craig Norman

Comment

• FBWFTW
                                                    FBWFTW commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    I was hoping we’d get it this weekend. I’m very interested in GFO-I find myself gravitating to a certain Airbus addon which allows me full immersion in the ATSU/ATS/AOC systems-getting digital ATIS/WX reports/Loadsheets etc. without ever having to leave P3D. With the NGXu I have to tab over to activesky (thereby “breaking the immersion” if you will) to get the weather for my departure and arrival calculations.

• Anton Vind
                                                    Anton Vind commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Well it's still Sunday it can still happen

• Sekkha
                                                    Sekkha commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Why dont you set radios to 122.00 /122.025 and listen to AS-ATIS for departure/arrival airports, so you dont have to leave P3D at all.
                                                    122.075 gives you just current winds, too. Very handy for takeoff and finals.
                                                Working...
                                                X