Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[26SEP20] Let's Get Down to Business, Shall We?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the update! Not really surprised by the MSFS 2020 news...

Is PMDG committed to supporting P3D after MSFS2020 matures? I think it's good to have two competing platforms.

I am really hoping it's the 727!

Thank you for all your efforts and updates! Cheers!
    Fabio van Roon

Comment

Fingers crossed for a 757 and/or 767. We are 15 years overdue now 🙂
      -Spencer Hoefer

Comment

Guys, do not forget that the JS41 development for 64bitsP3D V4+ platform was put on hold due to the workload. And knowing Robert's preference for classics airplanes...
        Christian Mbeumo

Comment

• Ephedrin
          Ephedrin commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be sooo great to finally get her back

No single word about DC6 update for P3D platform... :-(

Artur Pomajda

Comment

Does this update apply only to P3D?
          Kim young ju

Comment

Haven't noticed that "thing" on the top of BBJ's tail before... What it that? Seems an option?
            (I just did some search and seems it's this thing? https://www.lufthansa-technik.com/tios-radome)

And is there 737-700ER? or say, I can just fake it with BBJ1?
            Last edited by AngelofAttack; 27Sep2020, 10:17.
            ZHU Hai
            B737 Ground instructor

Comment

I fly 737 since Wilco Feelthere, then PMDG NG, NGX, NGXu. I'm really addicted to 737, so I hope one of the secrect projects is Max I would try 787 but I'm not a "long-hauler", I prefer short european flights.
              Adrian Rode

Comment

• StachM
                StachM commented
                Editing a comment
                The FeelThere 737 was my first (payware) addon for flightsim, bought it as a hardcopy way back in the summer of 2006. Great memories.

Thanks Robert for the honest appraisal, I don't think it's a big surprise that MSFS isn't ready for the superb complexity of PMDG! The SDK needs a ton of work it seems.
              Looking forward to the 777!
              Dave Nash
              P3Dv4.5 & v5 on Win 10 64 bit (2004.19041.329) 3 x 4k Monitors

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                There have been a number of external factors impacting my ability to keep up with outbound news and information since mid-summer so you (hopefully?) noticed I wasn't around.
                I missed your updates, and I hope all is well. It's good to see you're making great progress with so many products and I am personally delighted to see your continued commitment to P3D.
                Last edited by StachM; 27Sep2020, 12:51.

Comment

b767 b767 b767 b767 b767 b767 pleaseeee
                  Steven Silva

Comment

Come on guys, if we all chant "Whadda we want? DC6!! Where do we want it? P3D5! When do we want it? n...well, when it's ready of course (but please soon!)"

Maybe Mr R will hear our prayer...!
                    Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

I asked for an Il-96 once. So I'm rather pleased to hear it's coming :-)
                      Gavin Barbara

Comment

He mentioned the J41!! He mentioned the J41!!
                        Yes, I have more aircraft in my virtual hangar than I can possible fly (let alone fly decently) but I still miss that quirky little beauty.
                        Best regards,

Lars Domen

Comment

the 75/767 makes most sense to me for pmdg. they can even do the new glass panel version as options etc. i'd probably fly it quite a bit.. i really like doing short cargo hops in heavies the last couple years.

on the other hand i'd take a 787 as well i just dont know how much i'd use it.
                          Mike Teague - p3dv5 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B744 B748

Comment

Originally posted by kvuo75 View Post
                            the 75/767 makes most sense to me for pmdg. they can even do the new glass panel version as options etc. i'd probably fly it quite a bit.. i really like doing short cargo hops in heavies the last couple years.

on the other hand i'd take a 787 as well i just dont know how much i'd use it.
                            I'd take all three.
                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

I purchased MS2020 3 weeks ago but it looks lie the pace of 3d party hardcore airplane add-ons is pushing into 2021 so am considering getting it refunded for now.
                              PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)
                              My monitor replacement fundraiser...PayPal [email][email protected]

Comment

Hi Robert,

I rarely comment your update postings but this time I am forced to.

[SIZE=14px]Captains,

PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
                                we are currently looking at a release timeline for PMDG 737NG3 for MSFS that is out in 3Q21 with some downside risk that it will slide into 4Q21, more than a year from now.
                                That's indeed good news. So I save time to get a new decent machine which runs MSFS smoothless with PMDG aircraft.

[SIZE=14px]Captains,
                                An Finally…

and we have also begun work on a new airplane type… the <manufacturer deleted> <model number deleted> that you have always asked us to create…
                                Hopefully you will give us the 767.
                                Bodo Müller
                                Globe Cargo Virtual Airlines.
                                A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air

Comment

Can’t wait for that MD-90 😜

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                                    Very interesting, now is this a big tease or just scenery? :P
                                    unknown.png

Very nice update, looking forward to the future!
                                    Could be a hint - or could be....

red_herring1.png

Trevor Hannant

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert. Been waiting...patiently...For the 777 for P3d.

MSFS is pretty much DITW for me for now. The latest update didn't do much for me in terms of performance. Hopefully Asobo will get things sorted out soon.

...And two new products???? OooooH!!! Unless the 777ER counts as a new product, my guess would be either a 787 and/or 767.

<SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT> ...Or a MD11? -HAD to do that...
                                      Curtis Smith

KSUS/1H0/ Core i9 9900K, ASUS ROG Z390E, 32GB G Skill Ripjaws, EVGA RTX2070 Super

Comment

Great update. Looking forward to the -200ER and the new bird in the PMDG fleet...that Pogo Stick at least better have an ADF function. ;P

Gabriel Guzman- KIAH (My ANA 77W Fleet project)

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
                                          Very interesting, now is this a big tease or just scenery? :P
                                          unknown.png

Very nice update, looking forward to the future!
                                          Good eyes! Fingers Crossed!!!!
                                          Donald Spence

Comment

Originally posted by cgsmithmo View Post
                                            ...And two new products???? OooooH!!! Unless the 777ER counts as a new product, my guess would be either a 787 and/or 767.
                                            I don't think so, the -200ER is an expansion for the 777 and was something that was already known, so I don't think that counts.
                                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• cgsmithmo
                                              cgsmithmo commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              You're probably right Kevin. Hmmm, "something they haven't shown us yet", and "something we've been asking for for a long time"

Kinda amusing seeing all that 757 and 767 talk, one has already been developed to 90% of available real world variants and the other is just getting started at another developer, cut a break y'all and let PMDG do their thing. After all, they've given us so many good products one would almost lose count now.
                                            Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande
                                            B.E (Aeronautics)

Comment

Originally posted by snsb789 View Post
                                              Kinda amusing seeing all that 757 and 767 talk, one has already been developed to 90% of available real world variants and the other is just getting started at another developer, cut a break y'all and let PMDG do their thing. After all, they've given us so many good products one would almost lose count now.
                                              Which ones are you talking about?
                                              James Ward

Comment

Originally posted by HighFlier View Post

Which ones are you talking about?
                                                Captain Sim 757 and 767 the one's that have arrived recently, anyways that is a discussion for some other day and does'nt belong in this forums, I have said enough.
                                                Regards,

Swapnil Sirdeshpande
                                                B.E (Aeronautics)

Comment

• HighFlier
                                                  HighFlier commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Was just curious, not trying to start a discussion

I honestly don't see the market for a PMDG 757/767. With them disappearing from mainstream usage, that leaves the 737MAX and the 787 as obvious remainders.

RSR has always said the people want to fly what they see at their airports, and given this 2020 awfulness we're going to see a strong push for the more fuel-efficient aircraft. That means the 777 as the mainstream longhaul, 787 in between and continued usage of the 737NG and a big lean towards the MAX after its recertification. There'll be an uptick in 777 usage in sims as PMDG upgrade to P5D with PBR etc, and the -200ER expansion is another huge lease of life with three new engine variants to explore.

That is the obvious and sensible future lineup for PMDG. I'm saying that from a purely pragmatic viewpoint, though I must state that I strongly desire both a MAX and 787 from PMDG. They'd be a day-one purchase from me, even though my heart is, and always will be, with the A320.
                                                - Karl Brooker

Comment

Nice 787-9, is this foreshadowing?

A.Jones
                                                  Austin Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Artur View Post
                                                    No single word about DC6 update for P3D platform... :-(

Artur Pomajda
                                                    pls have a look here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...weekend-update
                                                    Christian Mbeumo

Comment

Originally posted by severniae View Post
                                                      Come on guys, if we all chant "Whadda we want? DC6!! Where do we want it? P3D5! When do we want it? n...well, when it's ready of course (but please soon!)"

Maybe Mr R will hear our prayer...!
                                                      https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...weekend-update
                                                      Christian Mbeumo

Comment

Working...
                                                      X