Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Microsoft Flight Simulator Pre-order now available (August 18,2020 release date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the NG3 be free or $40 for the customers who purchased the NGXu before 12/31/19? I bought the NGXu on 12/25/19 and I already confirmed through reading on this forum that I qualify for the NG3 price reduction, but I'm still not sure about the price. Will I and the many others who purchased the NGXu last year get it free or just $99.99 off? Thank you

Luke J. Welborn

Comment

Originally posted by Luke J.W. View Post
      Will the NG3 be free or $40 for the customers who purchased the NGXu before 12/31/19? I bought the NGXu on 12/25/19 and I already confirmed through reading on this forum that I qualify for the NG3 price reduction, but I'm still not sure about the price. Will I and the many others who purchased the NGXu last year get it free or just $99.99 off? Thank you

Luke J. Welborn
      Those who purchased the NGXu before or within 31DEC19 will get $99,99 off their purchase of the NG3. So yes, you get $99,99 off your purchase of the NG3. I think the anticipated price for the NG3 is something like $134,99 or $139,99, so that’ll be $35 - $40 more to pay.
      Anton Vind
      CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 2 TB SSD

Comment

Good Lord....why bother pre=ordering when theres no discount for doing so...?
        PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)
        My monitor replacement fundraiser...PayPal [email][email protected]

Comment

• Ephedrin
          Ephedrin commented
          Editing a comment
          NO idea with software

• robroberson
          robroberson commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could remember where I saw it as I rapidly read over several postings, (not here) but it seemed that a number was mentioned. A big reason why I decided to go early. I know, not much help.

I am diving in head first on DAY 1. I love my P3DV5. But The previews are jaw dropping
        Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• robroberson
          robroberson commented
          Editing a comment
          ARSTechnika commented:

"Asobo confirmed a content plan for the foreseeable future, as well, which consists of free and paid updates. The first update, as stated earlier, is VR support (again, only for the HP Reverb G2 headset at first). Following that will be three "world updates," two "sim updates," and two paid DLC packs.

In the case of world updates, "Bing updates often, and in a way that's hard to consume," Neumann said. By that, he means that giant swaths of terrain, and accompanying cities, are getting new, more detailed passes by Microsoft's Bing mapping team on a regular basis, which Asobo has to translate and parse for suitable 3D content in MSFS. As such, each new "area" that gets a big update will receive "2-4 handcrafted airports, depending on the region," aerial image translations, heightfields, and playable experiences like landing challenges. Essentially, the game will package any large dumps of newly modeled content in a guided way."

More to this on their 5 page review.

I've been a fan of flight simulation for years, starting with Looking Glass Studios' Flight Unlimited 2.
        Then I bought FS2000 (mainly becaose of Concorde on the cover!).
        Missed 2002 but bought 2004: Century of Flight.
        Then I bought FSX and started building up a plethora of addons...aircraft, scenery, AI, cameras...
        Then P3D came along. No more Microsoft flight simulator but I lived in hope of development work continuing. It did to an extent but the base engine was still the same. During the latter days of FSX and P3D I was lucky enough to do a VERY small amount of work with Chris Palmer at AOA and later FSLabs as a tester for Concorde.

When P3D V5 was announced I wondered about paying to upgrade to that or waiting for FS2020. Given that it is an entirely new simulator...new graphics engine, built in route planning, brand new aerodynamics model to name a few things the decision was made for me. I'm excited to see what the next generation of simulators brings to the table and to that end I have preordered. Am not expecting a flawless experience on day 1 or even day 100 but I want to continue my personal journey in flight simulation.

That being said, P3D v3 will be staying on my drive so I can continue to hop Concorde across the pond...at least until it appears in FS2020

Clear skies to one and all,

Andrew Curry
        Andrew Curry BAW867

Comment

I will give it a year after release to consider getting it, so it's summer of 2021 to me
          Alaa Riad

Comment

I'll be getting it when it releases. I have no contemptions with flying the default planes until PMDG completes their work on the NG3 and 777 for FS2020.

Comment

Originally posted by CarpeDiem View Post
              Pre-order? Why would you?

Once all the hysteria that is whipped up by those companies Involved to get those gullible enough to part with their money as quickly as possible has passed will come all the complaints about said product previously hyped! Personally I will let those gullible enough part with their hard earned cash and deal with all the problems they will get whilst I sit back using P3d V5 and my excellent PMDG 737ngxu. Once the msfs2020 sim is considered reliable I will take a look at it, pricing & availability of addons etc etc etc.

Paul Edwards
              Now or on the 18th of August (or later if delayed) either way I’m getting it... certainly doesn’t make me gullible. No different to any other purchase I’ve made.
              Cheers,
              Ryan Murray

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
              Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Comment

• robroberson
                robroberson commented
                Editing a comment
                "Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised." CPT Katherine Janeway

• Dan Morand
                Dan Morand commented
                Editing a comment
                Professional Coffee Drinker? What a coincidence - I have that same type rating.

• NJ_Flyer
                NJ_Flyer commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone has to do it :-)

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
              I am diving in head first on DAY 1. I love my P3DV5. But The previews are jaw dropping
              I'm with ya buddy all the Kevins that wanna stick with their old clunker sims seeya!

Those preview videos today are awesome.
              Peter Walsh.

Comment

How come no one is talking about monthly fees , cause that's gonna be my deciding factor . I can't seem to find any thing on that topic . Buying the deluxe is not a problem but paying i don't know how much a month is.
              Louis Massicotte - Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
                How come no one is talking about monthly fees , cause that's gonna be my deciding factor . I can't seem to find any thing on that topic . Buying the deluxe is not a problem but paying i don't know how much a month is.
                There are no monthly fees. There have actually been tons of debates about this but fees or a subscription have been ruled out officially several times.
                Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by ctruong183 View Post

Hi ,

I would wait a good 6 months for the bugs being 'Ironed' out.
                  In addition, 3rd party payware's addons (PMDG etc...) will not be available for FS2020 until 3-6 months.

If you have a stable P3D version, with payware, then persevere for the time being.

Cheers,
                  Chris Truong.
                  Price might not be the same 6 months from now.
                  Michael 'Madsoft' Lagow

Comment

Originally posted by AAN1718A View Post

Price might not be the same 6 months from now.
                    If they're gonna be greedy then you can count ASOBO losing funding from Microsoft for less sales and bye bye fs2020 plus the videos are finally out of the actual sim. It hits FPS badly on super computers, stutters like crap. And also looks like gta flying physics. Let's see where it goes from 6 months from now
                    Alex Kulak
                    PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post

If they're gonna be greedy then you can count ASOBO losing funding from Microsoft for less sales and bye bye fs2020 plus the videos are finally out of the actual sim. It hits FPS badly on super computers, stutters like crap. And also looks like gta flying physics. Let's see where it goes from 6 months from now
                      What's with the negativity always? From my testing experience I can tell you that, while it needs some more things done and some of that will come only after release, it doesn't stutter like c*** at all. The flight model is also miles away from being GTA-like. The plan for this sim is to be a 10 year project and to be continually updated from release on. On top that it's more than just a simulator for flight simmers, it's a huge showcase and test for Microsoft's entire Azure AI cloud system and what can be achieved utilizing that system, so I doubt they will just pull the plug. Of course things may change in the future, but why not just be positive? It's strange what people think they can conclude from PR videos without having ever had the opportunity to actually try it.
                      Last edited by threegreen; 30Jul2020, 17:50.
                      Niklas Graefe

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post

It is unlikely (but certainly not impossible) that this new simulator will be available on Steam.
                        I received an email from MS today confirming you can pre-order it on Steam. It's listed in the store. Although I was kind of shocked at the $160 price tag for the premium deluxe version.
                        Jeff Thomson

Comment

Originally posted by magnetite View Post
                          I received an email from MS today confirming you can pre-order it on Steam. It's listed in the store. Although I was kind of shocked at the $160 price tag for the premium deluxe version.
                          Yeah, I just saw that today myself. I stand corrected. I took a quick glance at the prices on Steam, and it looks like the same prices that are available on the Xbox store. Where did you see a $160 price? Or is that not in USD?
                          Tim Lincoln
                          My YouTube Channel

Comment

• Dan Morand
                            Dan Morand commented
                            Editing a comment
                            As of this morning, the pre-order for the premium deluxe version (god save us from marketing) is $159.00 CAD on the Canadian Microsoft store site. At today's exchange rate that's about $118.00 USD. Apparently the prices on Steam are no different (right now).

Originally posted by threegreen View Post

What's with the negativity always? From my testing experience I can tell you that, while it needs some more things done and some of that will come only after release, it doesn't stutter like c*** at all. The flight model is also miles away from being GTA-like. The plan for this sim is to be a 10 year project and to be continually updated from release on. On top that it's more than just a simulator for flight simmers, it's a huge showcase and test for Microsoft's entire Azure AI cloud system and what can be achieved utilizing that system, so I doubt they will just pull the plug. Of course things may change in the future, but why not just be positive? It's strange what people think they can conclude from PR videos without having ever had the opportunity to actually try it.
                          Agreed. My testing experience was more on the positive side. Issues for sure, but overall shaping up to be great.
                          Michael 'Madsoft' Lagow

Comment

Originally posted by AAN1718A View Post

Agreed. My testing experience was more on the positive side. Issues for sure, but overall shaping up to be great.
                            Nice! I'm glad to hear that 👍

Comment

Working...
                            X