Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Microsoft Flight Simulator Pre-order now available (August 18,2020 release date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squerble View Post
    Still no comment from PMDG? Considering they announced the NG3 before they even had the SDK, you'd have thought they'd be all over this, showing off the NG3 flying perfectly in MSFS.
    Given how Alphas change, they probably DON'T want to show it off right now until the platform itself is stable. Plus we don't know exactly how much backward compatibility there is in FS2020 - and therefore how much work needs to be done to get it into a position where they're happy to show it off.

Consider also that they have a programme of work for P3D that they're trying to get out the door which may have taken up development time that they'd hoped to earmark for 2020...
    Trevor Hannant

Comment

• Swaluver88
      Swaluver88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shot themselves in the foot with August 18th then lol

dont know if anyone else noticed this nugget this morning

https://fselite.net/news/uk2000-scen...s-not-complete

so unless they're giving different devs different sdk's, it looks like it could be quite some time until the NG3
    Mike Teague - p3dv4.5 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B77L B77W B744 B748

Comment

• Lanica
      Lanica commented
      Editing a comment
      Another reason to be personally underwhelmed about MSFS.

Originally posted by kvuo75 View Post
    dont know if anyone else noticed this nugget this morning

https://fselite.net/news/uk2000-scen...s-not-complete

so unless they're giving different devs different sdk's, it looks like it could be quite some time until the NG3
    microsoft is pushing them hard on a release i bet. its not gonna be ready, people are gonna be disappointed and it will die out. thats what i got out of reading that
    Alex Kulak
    PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

It is exciting time with MS 2020, but like always once release, here we go again. My PC is too slow or graphic is not powerful enough etc etc etc. Get ready, wallet will be wide open. Good Luck!
      My P3Dv5 is like a charm, it isn't broken, once over 30,000 ft scenery is pointless. Flight sim serve a different purpose for everyone. I hope you will find yours.

David
      David J Guillen

Comment

Originally posted by Challenger63 View Post
        It is exciting time with MS 2020, but like always once release, here we go again. My PC is too slow or graphic is not powerful enough etc etc etc. Get ready, wallet will be wide open. Good Luck!
        My P3Dv5 is like a charm, it isn't broken, once over 30,000 ft scenery is pointless. Flight sim serve a different purpose for everyone. I hope you will find yours.

David
        I think it's public knowledge if you can run P3D4/5 well MSFS won't be a greater stress. I guess in a month's time we'll be swamped with YouTube reviews and comparisons. I'm thankful that the hobby I love and one which is perfect in a Covid-19 social distancing/lockdown regime has some serious development occurring between a few devs.
        Last edited by YMML; 16Jul2020, 07:54.
        Albert Sahely

Comment

Originally posted by Keirtt View Post

i second this statement
          Hi ,

I would wait a good 6 months for the bugs being 'Ironed' out.
          In addition, 3rd party payware's addons (PMDG etc...) will not be available for FS2020 until 3-6 months.

If you have a stable P3D version, with payware, then persevere for the time being.

Cheers,
          Chris Truong.

Comment

A few people mentioned that Microsoft only have the entertainment license since they sold the other half to Lockheed. But that was for ESP, MFS does not run on the ESP engine so Microsoft are free to do with it as they like I would assume. Be it they make a seperate product just for training or if they again, decide to sell that license to a company that may be interested.
            Daniel Glover

Comment

Available on August 18, 2020, 6:00 AM
              but what time zone?
              Josef Kolb

PMDG B737-600 to -900/747-400/747-8/777-200LR/777-300ER

Comment

I guess we are all here for different reasons and that makes for a great discussion.
                I remember when "eye candy" was nothing in the original 5.25" floppy version of MSFS. And that was what taught me basic VOR and ILS navigation.
                For me if the cockpit looks and feels great, what is outside the window matters little as long as it gives enough reference for ground operation. PSX is an incredible 747-400 simulation (for which PMDG wrote the original manuals for PS1, its predecessor) and there you have a tiny window on the outside which shows runways as night time dots, much like MSFS did way back when.
                I've been on the MSFS Alpha since the start but the NDA prevents sharing even thoughts. P3Dv5 with basic ORBX Global is all I need. It's fun to hop into the MS 172 and retrace my training days both Private and at-a-pinch, my Instrument flights. But for detail and for realistic operations, PMDG and P3D are perfect and I'd venture to guess, will be the default option for some time to come.
                The real crunch time will be when the NG3 launches in MSFS. I expect that might be the time for me to lake another look at MSFS.
                Many Thanks,
                Chris Stanley VTUJ / VTUO

Comment

• Swaluver88
                  Swaluver88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very well put

It sounds like the new MSFS is going to be a front for a store to buy addons. Reminds of Railsim. Not surprising in the least. I'll stick with P3D and FSX.
                William Holland

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                  Yes, but in order to have gotten it, you need to have purchased the NGXu before December 31st, 2019. Once the NG3 is out, you need to use the same account that you used to purchase the NGXu in order to get it.
                  Thanks for the clarification Capt! 😎
                  Robert Rixx

Comment

Originally posted by wjh308 View Post
                    It sounds like the new MSFS is going to be a front for a store to buy addons. Reminds of Railsim. Not surprising in the least. I'll stick with P3D and FSX.
                    I saw an article that indicated 3rd party devs were not going to be required to sell through the market place and would be able to sell on their own websites. Can't seem to recall where I saw this
                    Michael Sill

Comment

This is what Microsoft themselves had to say about it:

The Marketplace will operate under an Agency model, which means that you, as the content creator, will set the price for every piece of content you submit. Becoming a partner doesn’t alter your ability to sell your content on your own websites and storefronts. Just like with FSX, you can continue to sell your content outside of our Marketplace. Becoming a Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace Partner essentially unlocks another channel for you.
                      Tim Lincoln
                      My YouTube Channel

Comment

As long as MSFS doesn't have stutters or micro-stutters I'm ok. Micro-stutters ruin the "flight" experience. "Aerofly FS", Warthunder and some others have a great fluidity even in complex sceneries.

Teo Halfen

Comment

Originally posted by teohalfen View Post
                          As long as MSFS doesn't have stutters or micro-stutters I'm ok. Micro-stutters ruin the "flight" experience. "Aerofly FS", Warthunder and some others have a great fluidity even in complex sceneries.

Teo Halfen
                          Be prepared for frustration.
                          Molly Norris

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post

I'm that kid. The first thing I do is to take off from JFK and see who is parked in my driveway.
                            I live in rural Canada. First thing I do is take off and see if my house even exists. Hahaha

On a more serious note, holy crap a lot of you people are negative. If this sim is no good you'll still have your precious P3D, it's like most of you want this thing to fail.
                            Jeff Calder

Comment

Originally posted by jcalder View Post

I live in rural Canada. First thing I do is take off and see if my house even exists. Hahaha

On a more serious note, holy crap a lot of you people are negative. If this sim is no good you'll still have your precious P3D, it's like most of you want this thing to fail.
                              This has been the case for as long as I can remember... it's a never ending argument.
                              Cheers,
                              Ryan Murray

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
                              Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Comment

I'm praying to god PMDG brings back the MD-11 to the new FS.
                                The only plane thats unique with looks and flight dynamics, it needs a 2nd chance

Comment

Originally posted by Vedzz View Post
                                  The only plane thats unique with looks and flight dynamics, it needs a 2nd chance
                                  They are not going to.

TFDi have confirmed an MD11 for P3D and when you look at how great the 717 is there is a lot to expect. My guess is they will release it for MSFS too.
                                  i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                                  Marc Ehnle

Comment

Pre-order? Why would you?

Once all the hysteria that is whipped up by those companies Involved to get those gullible enough to part with their money as quickly as possible has passed will come all the complaints about said product previously hyped! Personally I will let those gullible enough part with their hard earned cash and deal with all the problems they will get whilst I sit back using P3d V5 and my excellent PMDG 737ngxu. Once the msfs2020 sim is considered reliable I will take a look at it, pricing & availability of addons etc etc etc.

Paul Edwards
                                    Last edited by CarpeDiem; 23Jul2020, 13:23. Reason: Name
                                    Paul Edwards

Comment

Going to wait to get this on Steam. I'm not familiar with Microsoft's XBox store. With Steam, everything is in one place.
                                      Jeff Thomson

Comment

Originally posted by Vedzz View Post
                                        Please add your first and last name signature to your post as per forum rules.
                                        See here: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19
                                        Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Originally posted by magnetite View Post
                                          Going to wait to get this on Steam. I'm not familiar with Microsoft's XBox store. With Steam, everything is in one place.
                                          It is unlikely (but certainly not impossible) that this new simulator will be available on Steam.
                                          Tim Lincoln
                                          My YouTube Channel

Comment

• Swaluver88
                                            Swaluver88 commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I cant see it being released on steam

• Ausflight
                                            Ausflight commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Not anytime soon anyway.

Originally posted by teohalfen View Post

Teo Halfen
                                          I was wondering about the stutters or pauses too. Can't say I was too impressed with a recent preview I watched where someone was flying an Extra and it was not pretty. Of course we don't know what spec hardware the guy was using. I have seen a lot of "game playing" going on in a lot of the previews. I am glad that one can isolate from other users. I would be pretty ticked if someone interfered with my session. Time will tell. My mind is still blown by the scenery. The whole world in satellite high definition detail.

Rob Roberson
                                          Rotorcraft-Helicopter
                                          SEL-MEL Airplane Instrument

Comment

• Swaluver88
                                            Swaluver88 commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Entertainment eye candy. That's it.

This swaluver88 guy has a bone to pick with this new sim.

Good grief dude....what do you know that we don't? Besides,

​​​​if this thing is a flop, it's still going to be better than p3d. That sim and all the other suck when it comes to how the airplanes fly in it.

I'd rather have a sim that behaves the same way with updated graphics than the crap we are on these days.
                                          ​​​​​
                                          ​
                                          Matt kubanda

Comment

Sure, but I'd at least like to be sure the PMDG planes work before ordering it since I don't intend on flying the default planes, which is why I won't pre-order it.
                                            Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Ahsmatt7 View Post
                                              This swaluver88 guy has a bone to pick with this new sim.

Good grief dude....what do you know that we don't? Besides,

​​​​if this thing is a flop, it's still going to be better than p3d. That sim and all the other suck when it comes to how the airplanes fly in it.

I'd rather have a sim that behaves the same way with updated graphics than the crap we are on these days.
                                              ​​​​​
                                              ​
                                              sometimes you just gotta roll the dice and believe the past with microsoft. i never said i dont have faith in the sim just dont think for 6 months to a year.

if XPL users fly XPL because of money and how much its costs, do you really think theyll move to FS2020?
                                              if P3D users dont get some kinda of discounts on their products do you think theyll switch over? possible for VFR but to repurchase Flightbeam, the 777, Active Sky, REX, Fly Tampa, QW 787, ORBX and any other products over the years in P3D just to rebuy them again without a discount is asking a lot.

just doesnt come down to money also. look at the history of Microsoft they pulled the plug of funding for many producers. Dovetail left because they didnt sign up for the competition. I dont think Microsoft was aiming for competition between dovetail and ASOBO but more like a Call Of Duty layout where you have multiple companies producing the same franchise game in a different way. unfortunately thats a game release every year. Now since we are on the games section lets look since MW2 and BF3 was released in 2009, 2011 (with the Exclsuion of BF4 after a year it came out they fixed it and it became a great game). DICE and the other 3 Call of Duty developers tried to out do themselves every single year since then and it never hit the spot. Hype it up with pre-rendered footage and released it and at first everyone was like ooo ahhh then 6 months to a year it faded away. now this past Call of Duty was the closest they have been to a good game.

if you havent noticed im comparing FSX\P3D to MW2 and BF3\BF4 to xplane. loads tons of people still play those game because why? they're great. they always have been. yes mw2 had its run with hackers but that is irrelevant in this.

my whole point is, ive learned not to give into expectation from pre rendered footage and or footage from the NDA or better to not judge a book by its cover til 6 months after it comes out in the game market . i have flown on the sim myself at my coworkers house and unfortunately due to his NDA im not gonna say anything to break it. just dont want people to be hyped up and be disappointed in the short run but ive also learned you cant change people either BUT i can state my opinions off of past experiences and history stats.
                                              Last edited by Swaluver88; 24Jul2020, 20:06.
                                              Alex Kulak
                                              PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Swaluver88 View Post

sometimes you just gotta roll the dice and believe the past with microsoft. i never said i dont have faith in the sim just dont think for 6 months to a year.

if XPL users fly XPL because of money and how much its costs, do you really think theyll move to FS2020?
                                                if P3D users dont get some kinda of discounts on their products do you think theyll switch over? possible for VFR but to repurchase Flightbeam, the 777, Active Sky, REX, Fly Tampa, QW 787, ORBX and any other products over the years in P3D just to rebuy them again without a discount is asking a lot.

just doesnt come down to money also. look at the history of Microsoft they pulled the plug of funding for many producers. Dovetail left because they didnt sign up for the competition. I dont think Microsoft was aiming for competition between dovetail and ASOBO but more like a Call Of Duty layout where you have multiple companies producing the same franchise game in a different way. unfortunately thats a game release every year. Now since we are on the games section lets look since MW2 and BF3 was released in 2009, 2011 (with the Exclsuion of BF4 after a year it came out they fixed it and it became a great game). DICE and the other 3 Call of Duty developers tried to out do themselves every single year since then and it never hit the spot. Hype it up with pre-rendered footage and released it and at first everyone was like ooo ahhh then 6 months to a year it faded away. now this past Call of Duty was the closest they have been to a good game.

if you havent noticed im comparing FSX\P3D to MW2 and BF3\BF4 to xplane. loads tons of people still play those game because why? they're great. they always have been. yes mw2 had its run with hackers but that is irrelevant in this.

my whole point is, ive learned not to give into expectation from pre rendered footage and or footage from the NDA or better to not judge a book by its cover til 6 months after it comes out in the game market . i have flown on the sim myself at my coworkers house and unfortunately due to his NDA im not gonna say anything to break it. just dont want people to be hyped up and be disappointed in the short run but ive also learned you cant change people either BUT i can state my opinions off of past experiences and history stats.
                                                That's all good stuff. Wise in some ways.

It still doesn't answer the question as to why most of your comments are just negative. From the outside....like from someone who rarely posts....why? . Either way. We are entitled to our own opinions....to an extent.

In my opinion, this sim seems to be on a track to be better than p3d. Apples to apples.....default p3d and it's airplanes are nothing compared to what's been shown. Yes, you are right, the proof is in the pudding. I agree with that. Marketing can be enticing for sure.

Just rambling now. Either way, I would pay again for add-ons for the sim. Just like I've paid again for most iterations of the NHL and Madden franchises. To each their own I suppose.
                                                Matt kubanda

Comment

I'm not pre-ordering either if I'm going to be honest. I sincerely hope that the new MFS is going to revolutionize flight simulation, but I'm the type of guy who likes to know what he's purchasing. Unfortunately, you can't use the footage that the seller releases as a good indication of the product as they are bound to show off the best parts and put together the video in a way that's meant to get people to think it's worth purchasing.

There are plenty of people who will be reviewing the new MFS and posting videos in the days after release. I'd be rather disappointing if the new sim isn't living up to the hype but I rather know by watching and reading what others think of it then sink $60+ to find out for myself.
                                                  James Ward

Comment

Can't wait to uninstall P3D! I won't be looking back. Finally it's time to lay to rest the old clunker fsx legacy code.
                                                    Last edited by VBHB; 25Jul2020, 04:15.
                                                    Peter Walsh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X