Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Microsoft Flight Simulator Pre-order now available (August 18,2020 release date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Flight Simulator Pre-order now available (August 18,2020 release date)

Sooner that I expected.
    Now that we finally have a release date, hoping for new info about the 737NG3 for it soon!
    Its too optimistic to expect that it will be a launch day release right?

I also hope that this new info wont affect development of the 777 update

EDIT:
    Pre-order link is https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/mi...ot:overviewtab
    Credits to: Want2BFlyin
    Last edited by snapshot21; 13Jul2020, 14:30.

https://youtu.be/8K6KocWSwLo

787 with the deluxe edition!
    Peter Walsh.

Comment

And here is the forgotten link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/mi...otverviewtab

It looks like they are offering three different versions: Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the versions is additional aircraft available (to be expected) and additional "handcrafted international airports" (not sure how I feel about that, but ok). There is also a note about the app containing "in-app purchases," so micro-transactions will be included.

Edit: Ignore the smiley in the middle of the link if you see one. I clicked on it, and it seems to still work fine.
      Tim Lincoln
      My YouTube Channel

Comment

Xbox game pass.. $60... what is with this 5 additional airports? Are they gonna be charging for airports? This sim may cost more money than P3D ever will.. let's see how this rolls
        Alex Kulak
        PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
          Want2BFlyin commented
          Editing a comment
          The additional airports in the Deluxe and Premium Deluxe versions are described as "handcrafted international airports," so it would seem that with those versions you are getting airports that have had some additional hands-on work done. Presumably this would be akin to purchasing a third-party version of an airport to replace a stock version, but that is just a guess on my part. Perhaps we won't need to get third-party versions of these particular airports in the new sim, so we can save our money for other third-party airport add-ons?

• Swaluver88
          Swaluver88 commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt it. If anything they're gonna compete with flightbeam and fly Tampa and etc. They're in it for the money if ask me, But that's entirely my whole opinion. Theres a lot of red flags to me. Lots. I mean for instance the pricing matches up to every big game franchise released. Let's see how this rolls. If it turns out to be good I'll grab it in a year after release if it's not well we will know soon enough

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
        And here is the forgotten link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/mi...otverviewtab

It looks like they are offering three different versions: Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe. As far as I can tell, the only difference between the versions is additional aircraft available (to be expected) and additional "handcrafted international airports" (not sure how I feel about that, but ok). There is also a note about the app containing "in-app purchases," so micro-transactions will be included.

Edit: Ignore the smiley in the middle of the link if you see one. I clicked on it, and it seems to still work fine.
        I'm hoping the only in app purchases it refers to is the ability to upgrade to the other versions later on
        Alex Farmer A.K.A Goldstar Textures

Comment

They also don't mention what aircraft come with the Standard version (or if there are any "handcrafted international airports" that are included in the Standard version). It would seem that you need to get at least the Deluxe version if you want to fly the 172, which in my opinion is an aircraft that should be included in the Standard version.

Edit: And to clarify a previous post, the 787 comes in the Premium Deluxe version, not the Deluxe version.
          Tim Lincoln
          My YouTube Channel

Comment

What you'll get with each edition:
            Peter Walsh.

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
              Want2BFlyin commented
              Editing a comment
              Now those graphics would have been nice to have been included in the Microsoft store page. lol

Originally posted by Want2BFlyin View Post
            They also don't mention what aircraft come with the Standard version (or if there are any "handcrafted international airports" that are included in the Standard version). It would seem that you need to get at least the Deluxe version if you want to fly the 172, which in my opinion is an aircraft that should be included in the Standard version.

Edit: And to clarify a previous post, the 787 comes in the Premium Deluxe version, not the Deluxe version.
            confirmed-aircraft-microsoft-flight-simulator.jpgconfirmed-airports-microsoft-flight-simulator.jpg

Comment

Only 5 more weeks until I can get rid of P3D for good!

Peter Walsh.

Comment

• KVSandleben
                KVSandleben commented
                Editing a comment
                I would do so in an instance, but I'm a VR only flyer these days. And since MSFS comes without support on release I will hold on to P3D until VR support gets added to MSFS.

I hope to see the PMDG Boeings soon enough in this sim, this truly is the next generation.
              Gino Zagarrio
              KBUF

Comment

People seem to be wary about the pricing, but in the current addon markets for P3D and X-Plane, paying $30 for five addon aircraft and five addon airports would be a steal.
                AJ Frank

Comment

When will the PMDG 737NGXu and NG3 be available and included in the new flight simulator?

Clive Alexander
                  Last edited by clive6354; 13Jul2020, 14:55.
                  Clive Alexander

Comment

• Ephedrin
                    Ephedrin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NG3 as soon as possible. That‘s for sure. When it‘s ready and the sim seems to be a calm target without the need for PMDG to update every 3 days they will release it. No point in holding back for no reason.

• Tbarker1989
                    Tbarker1989 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NG3 will be in MSFS. NGXu will not. This was talked about when the NGXu was released.

I'll stick with P3D
                  William Holland

Comment

Originally posted by clive6354 View Post
                    When will the PMDG 737NGXu and NG3 be available and included in the new flight simulator?
                    Can't tell you anything about the NG3, but the NGXu won't be available for the new flight simulator, that's what the NG3 is for.
                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by VBHB View Post
                      Only 5 more weeks until I can get rid of P3D for good!
                      Prepare to be disappointed... If you've got a stable P3D running with numerous payware add-ons, I really wouldn't get rid of it in 5 weeks...
                      Trevor Hannant

Comment

• Ephedrin
                        Ephedrin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not necessarily disappointed. I‘m aware that it‘s an initial release and most likely rather a v0.5 than a v1.0 and released much too early due to market pressure. But I hope that within the next months the bugs will be sorted and it will become a good platform for addon devs to jump in. 1 month beta?! Can‘t be taken as a serious release. It‘s more of an open beta. But as long as MS won‘t abandon it like they did FSX it has the potential to grow incredibly.

Originally posted by TrevorHannant View Post

Prepare to be disappointed... If you've got a stable P3D running with numerous payware add-ons, I really wouldn't get rid of it in 5 weeks...
                      i second this statement

Chase Stigberg
                      Intel i9 9900k 3.6GHz - NZXT Kraken x72 cooler w/ 3x120mm fans on the radiator - ASUS Maximus Hero XI -32GB Trident Z 3200MHz - ASUS ROG Strix 2080ti OC 11GB - NZXT H710i Case -Corsair HX750 PSU

Comment

The new simulator will be ok for the kids to fly over their own house and spotting the animals as they graze on the land
                        Clive Alexander

Comment

The new simulator will be ok for the kids to fly over their own house and spotting the animals as they graze on the land
                          Weird that PMDG is developing their products for MSFS then, right?
                          Alex Pugh

Comment

• IceTeaFoot
                            IceTeaFoot commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, that comment is to be expected Alex, what can be easier than to hate because you are not able to say anything good?

• Ephedrin
                            Ephedrin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don‘t argue with pessimists. You‘ll just get annoyed. For 60$ I‘ll happily use it as a VFR only sim to drive my A2As in 1000ft actoss the world and discover the most beautiful places on earth. If it really becomes a dead end for IFR airliner flying then I‘ll still have a working Prepar3D. Who cares

P5D,DEAD.LOL
                          Jiekeng Luo

Comment

Absolute clown.
                            Peter Walsh.

Comment

Microsoft just did the same thing Lockheed Martin did with v5: launching before it's ready.
                              There are a lot of things to fix, tweaks, add, and adjust before MSFS can really overcome the two market leaders. But it seems like starting selling by now is a priority for Microsoft.

In my opinion, I think that MSFS will not be fairly usable or will not give a complete joyful experience, at least until the end of the year. Maybe by January 2021, enough "hotfix" and updates will be done to give a somewhat enjoyable session of simulation. Needless to mention that the ones that will fully bring the simulator alive will be the add-on's developers. They will make each aspect of the simulator flawless, because they put their heart in it, and not just money (like simulators' developers).

We should not get rid of P3D for a while, and it will not be the time to replace any simulator completely for at least a few months from now. I rather think it will be a slow and smooth transition into the new platform. And it will take a while for sure, but in the end, we're at the dawn of a new era for flight simulation. Initially it'll be hard and unstable, but with time, we as the community, and the devs, will find a sweet spot and a common point of interest, that will be profitable for both sides if brought to improvements.
                              Giovanni D. Tarar
                              FAA CPL+IR Single & Multiengine Land
                              I love flying when I'm in a bad mood

Comment

• CBT_Phoenix
                                CBT_Phoenix commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Exactly, me too. I'm still will v4.5 and I'm not planning to change it anytime soon. I will purchase MSFS, but it will not be for serious flying, but only for my own transition path. The idea is to be ready to switch at any time, so I'm not uncomfortable in case the market direction changes.
                                As you said, let the pros handle it. PMDG will make fantastic aircrafts out of the pathetic way Microsoft designed the flight dynamics. It wouldn't be the first PMDG actually creates something the bypasses the sim's limitations.
                                I will definitely support further developments as well and I will not stop buying P3D add-ons, waiting for the perfect ones for MSFS to come out. The first ones will be somewhat relatable, then mediocre, acceptable, good, very good, and in the end we'll have spectacular stuff at the level of current FlyTampa, or LatinVFR.

• B777ER
                                B777ER commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I'm thinking MSFS will be great for GA, VFR flying. Commercial tubeliner type, P3D. None of my Precision Flight Control or Jetmax hardware is listed as compatible with MSFS, nor is Track IR. Myolan us to stay with P3D.

• RichardMcDonaldWoods
                                RichardMcDonaldWoods commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I can see no advantage to MFS in the shorter term. I think that for the remainder of my flight simming career I will be using P3Dv5.1+.

I am going all in for the Deluxe Version. I wonder if QW had any input in the 787? I mean their 787 is amazing with the EFB and upgraded Nav charts. I wonder if MSFS2020 will be that sophisticated. I also wonder if these enhanced sceneries like KSFO will be better than says FSDT's/DD.Flightbeam and Flytampa scenery. But without the PMDG planes, the sim is useless to me. I hope they follow shortly after the release.
                              Paul Gugliotta

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                                Want2BFlyin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Just a heads up. If you are getting MSFS for the 787, it looks like you'll need to get the Premium Deluxe version.

I swore PMDG said when the NGXu was first released there would be a credit towards MS2020??

Comment

Looking forward to my popcorn on the 19th when I can sit and watch all the wailing and knashing of teeth 😁
                              Dave Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
                                I am going all in for the Deluxe Version. I wonder if QW had any input in the 787? I mean their 787 is amazing with the EFB and upgraded Nav charts. I wonder if MSFS2020 will be that sophisticated.
                                I believe it's not even in the Alpha build yet and there's a month to go... Given the A320 was added a while back and there's still issues with it...

Trevor Hannant

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                                  Want2BFlyin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  MSFS has been in Alpha for some time, and is scheduled to enter Beta towards the end of this month.

• TrevorHannant
                                  TrevorHannant commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I know... And I know the 787 is not yet in the Alpha build. And that some airports keep regressing, and that the A320/B748 are both far from perfect despite weeks of testing which makes you wonder what state the B787 will be in on release

Alright captains and FOs now let's stop speculating. Everyone knows the release dating and pricing. Time to get back to everyday life. Gotta pay the Bill's somehow
                                Alex Kulak
                                PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Why don't y'all look at Microsofts track record of abandoning products? Why would you ever leave P3D which will always be in active development? Microsoft will release this sim and as soon as it doesn't make any more sense, will drop it like a rock, fixed or not. P3D is essentially FSX that was fixed to better use your computers resources. P3D will be around and updated long after Microsoft abandons Flightsim for a third time!
                                  William Holland

Comment

Originally posted by wjh308 View Post
                                    Why don't y'all look at Microsofts track record of abandoning products? Why would you ever leave P3D which will always be in active development? Microsoft will release this sim and as soon as it doesn't make any more sense, will drop it like a rock, fixed or not. P3D is essentially FSX that was fixed to better use your computers resources. P3D will be around and updated long after Microsoft abandons Flightsim for a third time!

Well, given that its Asobo and not Microsoft, who's developing it, I highly doubt it. Asobo seem real passionate about this project, and I highly doubt that they will abandon it for the time being. I could be wrong, but just let me live in my little utopian-dream-world.
                                    Best regards,
                                    --Anders Bermann--

Comment

• KVSandleben
                                      KVSandleben commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      But Asobo works for MS. When MS drops the sim and Asobo will stop getting funded to continue development then it's over for the sim.

• Anders Bermann
                                      Anders Bermann commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I seriously doubt that would happen. The attitude and demeanor that Asobo/MS have approached this project tells a different story, to be honest. At least the way I understand it. But if you absolutely want to utilize the most dystopian expectations, then all power to ya.

Originally posted by wjh308 View Post
                                    You will buy it. And you know you will.

William
                                    William Ezzell
                                    KATL

Comment

I certainly won't be rushing to buy it. I haven't rushed to buy P3Dv5 either. I've never understood why people buy things so early and then moan that it isn't stable or their favourite content isn't available yet.

If PMDG revert to their "entertainment" product price levels with MSFS then I might consider switching over, but if the price level is equivalent to premium "commercial" P3D then I don't think so. I've had to re-buy all the licences at higher prices once, I have no wish to repeat that process unless the advantages of MSFS are worth the cost.

Comment

• Lanica
                                        Lanica commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        It's called addiction. You know, the "curiosity killed the cat" sort of thing. Guilty as charged.

• Kevin Hall
                                        Kevin Hall commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yes I suffer from the addiction. I felt the urge to click the advance purchase button too.
                                    Working...
                                    X