Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Camera options other than Chaseplane or EZDOK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera options other than Chaseplane or EZDOK

Hello everyone,

I just reinstalled P3Dv4.5 and PMDG NGXu after a need to re-install Win 10 for reasons unrelated to flight simulators. After reinstalling PMDG NGXu, I noticed that the pre-set cockpit views in the virtual cockpit where placed much better than the default views when I ran EZDOK. I was never able to replicate the seat position, especially the HUD position, in EZDOK.

The only reason I used EZDOK was to take advantage of mouse view without having to press the space key, I had one view set to no mouse view and on set to mouse view where the view would move with the mouse and I could zoom in with the third mouse button/scroll wheel. I had to accept the other well known idiosyncrasies EZDOK for that purpose.

My question: Is there a way within P3D to program a default view with mouse look so that when I move mouse, I can look without having to also press and hold the space bar? In P3D, can I program the third mouse button/scroll wheel to engage mouse look much like it works in X-Plane? If so, then this will address all my needs for camera program without having to go to EZDOK or Chaseplane.

Should I have to go with either Chaseplane or EZDOK, which one uses the default PMDG views and allows the view change when the HUD is clicked open?

Thank you for your help!

Rich Boll
    Wichita, KS
    Last edited by richjb; 28Jun2020, 17:28. Reason: typo..
    Rich Boll
    Wichita, KS

Rich-

I own both but use EZCA. I simply added one additional view for the HUGS. That way, when I click the left A pillar to activate the HUGS, I press my assigned button and the view moves properly. Nickbe on their forum is an invaluable resource, and even looks in here from time to time. I love the program and fly absolutely everything I own with it providing my custom views.

Normal-

2020-6-28_12-49-12-995.jpg

HUGS-

2020-6-28_12-49-21-579.jpg

Yours if you want them... in 4k

PMDG 738Xu.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cavaricooper; 28Jun2020, 18:01.
    Best- Carl Avari-Cooper

Comment

You can set the space tab function to any additional mouse buttons like pressing the wheel.

Howrver I wouldn‘t want to fly without Chaseplane anymore. It makes cameras so much easier. The only downside: I can‘t stop my TrackIR and use the hat button on my yoke in the cockpit 🤷🏻‍♂️ But apart from that: perfect
      i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k

Marc Ehnle

Comment

• cavaricooper
        cavaricooper commented
        Editing a comment
        Marc- I believe I used that with EZDOCK- select the view with TrackIR, press the STOP button and use the coolie hat. I haven't used TrackIR in months as EZDOCK and my coolie hat does everything I need without the nausea .

• Ephedrin
        Ephedrin commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't been able to figure out the setting which allows this in Chaseplane.. maybe there is one. I'll check their forum I guess

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
      You can set the space tab function to any additional mouse buttons like pressing the wheel.

Howrver I wouldn‘t want to fly without Chaseplane anymore. It makes cameras so much easier. The only downside: I can‘t stop my TrackIR and use the hat button on my yoke in the cockpit 🤷🏻‍♂️ But apart from that: perfect
      How do you set the space tab function to the mouse wheel button? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that?

Thanks!

Rich
      Rich Boll
      Wichita, KS

Comment

• Ephedrin
        Ephedrin commented
        Editing a comment
        space is assigned to "Mouse - control view direction (on/off)... just change the assignment

Thanks Ephedrin!

I'm going to try that.
      Rich Boll
      Wichita, KS

Comment

Originally posted by cavaricooper View Post
        Rich-

I own both but use EZCA. I simply added one additional view for the HUGS. That way, when I click the left A pillar to activate the HUGS, I press my assigned button and the view moves properly. Nickbe on their forum is an invaluable resource, and even looks in here from time to time. I love the program and fly absolutely everything I own with it providing my custom views.

Normal-

2020-6-28_12-49-12-995.jpg

HUGS-

2020-6-28_12-49-21-579.jpg

Yours if you want them... in 4k

PMDG 738Xu.zip
        Thanks! I appreciate it!

Rich
        Rich Boll
        Wichita, KS

Comment

Figured out how to do it. FSUIPC on the Miscellaneous page has an option for middle mouse button:

Mouse look: This operates in a similar way to the default P3D facility, but without needing Controllers enabled in
          P3D — be sure not to have it enabled if you do have controllers enabled in P3D as the two facilities will clash.
          As with the P3D facility, the mouse look option is turned on and off with the "MOUSE LOOK TOGGLE" control,
          which acts as a Toggle with parameter 0, or as an "ON" with parameter 1 and "OFF" with parameter 2. The latter
          two are assigned by default in P3D, to the space bar.
          Note there's one main difference from the P3D facility: when first engaged the view is reset to centre-forward. this
          is the "origin" (0,0) of the view coordinates and allows the proper axis controls to be used without knowing where
          the current view is pointing. Also, there is no "dead zone"—moving the mouse moves the view.
          To avoid this difference you can use the built-in FSUIPC controls instead of the P3D control. There are three:
          mouselook on, mouselook off, and mouselook toggle. If you want to still use the space bar, assign it in FSUIPC to
          mouselook on for 'press', and mouselook off for 'release' (without repeats). This will override the P3D assignment
          However, you can also use the middle mouse button* which is predefined as "mouse look on" for press and "mouse
          look off" for release. Note that this use does not interfere with the mouse move option, if that is also enabled. The
          mouse move option needs fast single (or double) clicks of the middle button, whilst the mouse look requires you to
          hold down the button whilst moving the mouse for the view changes.
          Mouse zoom using the mouse wheel is also implemented and enabled by this checkmark.
          * The use of the middle mouse button can be inhibited by a parameter (UseMidMouseButton=No) in the INI
          file, which you can set if you need the middle button for aircraft-specific facilities.

it's in the manual.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Rich
          Rich Boll
          Wichita, KS

Comment

Working...
          X