Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[31MAY20] Weekend NOTAMs and a short development update...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited for the 777 update!
    Mert Aydın

Comment

Originally posted by snapshot21 View Post
      Thank you for the update, but in the name of normalcy:

Where is the update for the MD-11?

😂
      Here we go ...
      Michael 'Madsoft' Lagow

Comment

Robert, I asked this in a previous thread but don't think you saw; will the DC-6 update provide the larger fuel tanks as it is in the real V5-NCG so we can do some long trips in her? Been desperate for that since release, and some years ago one of your Devs said that it was planned to be corrected in the next version..
        Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
          Captains,

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I wanted to give you a quick position report to let you know what we are working on and what you can expect in the near future. This update is not designed to give you insight into every item we are working on, but these are the items that have current information to update.

PMDG 737NGXu Update (includes P5D compatibility):
          During the period of time we have been working on this update, we have also been working to make the product fully compatible with Prepar3D v5 (P5D), and this has slowed down the update process a bit. Most notably, we have had two P5D hotfix updates drop in beta form (HF1 went to release, HF2 is still in beta) that have required significant updates to the product in order to maintain it's compatibility. HF2 seems to have an impact on lighting, and and this has taken a significant amount of work to adjust dynamic lighting within that simulator platform in order to make it look correct. We had to make adjustments after HF1 beta dropped, so we were surprised to see that those changes were rendered useless by the HF2 beta.

This has caused us to decide that the best approach is to simply keep the update in beta testing until we get a final HF2 RTM version so that we know the changes that we make will actually be valuable in the sim. Meantime we continue to work on a bunch of other items we want to get cleared up in the update cycle and those will be included in the changelist that we release with the update when that happens to be.

Update coming for Operations Center's Online Resources:
          On Tuesday we are going to be doing some realignment of our cloud based assets and this will mean that users who are on very old versions of the PMDG Operations Center 2.0 will lose online services such as livery installation and product updates. For most users, this won't mean anything to you, because we have baked these changes into OC2 for many months. There are some users who don't routinely update when the updates are pushed, and those users will lose connectivity. The fix is simple: Update the OC2. You won't lose that ability...

Pending Updates for 777:
          Once we have the 737 update out of the way, we will be turning attention back to the 777 update that we have been mentioning for some time. This update is focused on rolling out a number of bug fixes we have added over the past 12-18 months, as well as adding PBR and P5D functionality. Smoe new features will be added to the product, but I want to be clear that we do not intend to add the EFB or the 200ER expansion package in this update cycle. I'm mentioning this specifically because some folks have presumed these details when in fact, we have tried to be clear that these items will not be included at this time. We will be looking to add large new features and expansions to the 777 product line once we have caught up a bit on all of the produce platform conversions we are working on right now.

Pending Updates for DC-6:
          Also after the 737 update, we are planning an update for the DC-6. Like the 777, the goal is to roll out a few bug fixes, add PBR and P5D functionality.

It is always important to Read to the End:
          Just to minimize any guesswork, we are planing to bring each of our four major product lines (737, 747, 777 and DC-6) into the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. MSFS promises to give us entirely new capabilities, and it will take some time to adapt each product to capitalize, but they will all be brought over in time. We will have more to say about this at the right time and place, but there has been a bit of hyperbolic discussion that I wanted to clarify with this piece of information here.

Other thoughts:
          The world has been a pretty chaotic place these past few months. I hope you all know that all of us at PMDG really do wish each of you health and safety. Look after yourself, and look after your loved ones. Then come here and enjoy the company of your fellow simmers. We are glad to have you all here and to enjoy a bit of normalcy.
          Will the 777 update that immenent now include an update to the friction model? For most simmers PBR and the friction model updates will be most wanted and (almost always) only needed for now!
          Yori Smulders

Comment

• Anton Vind
            Anton Vind commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m fairly certain it will

DC-6 in FS2020 ? I say, chaps. Ding dong !
          Paul Kirkland

Comment

Originally posted by squerble View Post

So you're really going to completely re-write all your infrastructure from scratch to fit the new SDK and not wildly increase your prices to cover that? And if (when) MS want to take a slice of the add-on pie, you're really willing to take that hit?
            And, here we have the beginnings of the hyperbolic discussion Robert is trying to avoid!!
            Donald Stimson

Comment

• rsrandazzo
              rsrandazzo commented
              Editing a comment
              Donald: I'm not trying to avoid it (which would be impossible) so much as trying to provide some factual information. There was a wildly ridiculous thread on another site loaded with conspiracy theories about how we sold the 747 product line to microsoft or something similarly off-the-reservation. I just figured I'd plant the seed that yes, each of our product lines is going to be brought over... by us... in due time. I figure if a few folks have accurate information it will help keep the tinfoil hatters at bay. - RSR

I'm thinking MS2020 be released by the time V5 is sorted in some sort of form. I'm not holding my breath on the 777 something always comes up.
            Peter Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by squerble View Post
              So you're really going to completely re-write all your infrastructure from scratch to fit the new SDK and not wildly increase your prices to cover that? And if (when) MS want to take a slice of the add-on pie, you're really willing to take that hit?
              If the NGXu and the NG3 is of any indication, I assume Microsoft Flight Simulator is going to be a separate license altogether, much like FSX and P3D were separate licenses. I'm just guessing, mind you, but I don't think I would be wrong about this one.
              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

I'm very happy to hear that you will be bringing four major aircraft over to the new Microsoft flight simulator.

Ed Kammerman
                Ed Kammerman

Comment

I think that any migration of aircraft to MSFS is going to take quite a lot of time. MSFS is bound to have many teething problems and PMDG to have difficulties trying out the new SDK.
                  I hope that I am wrong
                  Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods
                  i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, Win10, P3Dv5

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Richard- Oh, you aren't. The good news is that we have been at it a while. - RSR

Originally posted by severniae View Post
                  Robert, I asked this in a previous thread but don't think you saw; will the DC-6 update provide the larger fuel tanks as it is in the real V5-NCG so we can do some long trips in her? Been desperate for that since release, and some years ago one of your Devs said that it was planned to be corrected in the next version..
                  James-

Yes! They are already in there in the testing build... I'm planning to test them out myself here this week.

Robert S. Randazzo
                  PMDG Simulations
                  http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

James-

Yes! They are already in there in the testing build... I'm planning to test them out myself here this week.
                    sweet news This airplane is a bit underestimated ^^ On my first attempt I drowned her in the caribbean sea but since then it has behaved quite well.. lol
                    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k

Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
                      This airplane is a bit underestimated ^^
                      Agree! It’s going to be my second-favorite PMDG product after the DC-3...

Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Ephedrin
                        Ephedrin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        😂............

Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
                      I think that any migration of aircraft to MSFS is going to take quite a lot of time. MSFS is bound to have many teething problems and PMDG to have difficulties trying out the new SDK.
                      I hope that I am wrong
                      Great comfort Thanks.
                      Cheers, Richard McDonald Woods
                      i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz, Win10, P3Dv5

Comment

So excited for the 200ER expansion! Always been my favorite version of the 777.

Comment

James-

Great news, thanks Robert!

I love your big Boeing liners, but there is something special about nursing four fire breathing monsters for 8 hours, trying to balance fuel, oil, air and heat and make it down on the other side of the world. Your DC-6 has captured the soul of the greatest aircraft of the 'golden age' in utter (near) perfection - I've just been waiting for these extra tanks instead of the (shhhh) mid-air refuel I've had to do so far! And then you can achieve perfection!
                          Mr. James Alexander.

Comment

Thank you For best Airplanes. FS9 FS2010 FSX P3D4 und P3D5 I am Happy with your hot Produkts. Michael Hoeft

Comment

Originally posted by severniae View Post

Great news, thanks Robert!

I love your big Boeing liners, but there is something special about nursing four fire breathing monsters for 8 hours, trying to balance fuel, oil, air and heat and make it down on the other side of the world. Your DC-6 has captured the soul of the greatest aircraft of the 'golden age' in utter (near) perfection - I've just been waiting for these extra tanks instead of the (shhhh) mid-air refuel I've had to do so far! And then you can achieve perfection!

James,

Having flown a fire-breathing-dragon powered DC-3 across the Atlantic a couple of times, I can only agree with this observation. Don't get me long- I love flying jet airplanes because of their simplicity and the sheer dependability of the technology- but nothing satisfies the soul like running an airplane powered by radial engines. As a pilot I am far more in tune with the DC-3 than any airplane I have ever flown. I know it's quirks, it's oddities and it's complaints. I can feel happiness and concern through the small of my back, or my elbow in that special spot on the arm rest. The airplane has a soul, and like a favorite dog, it talks to you- but you have to know how to listen.

Robert S. Randazzo
                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

James,

Having flown a fire-breathing-dragon powered DC-3 across the Atlantic a couple of times, I can only agree with this observation. Don't get me long- I love flying jet airplanes because of their simplicity and the sheer dependability of the technology- but nothing satisfies the soul like running an airplane powered by radial engines. As a pilot I am far more in tune with the DC-3 than any airplane I have ever flown. I know it's quirks, it's oddities and it's complaints. I can feel happiness and concern through the small of my back, or my elbow in that special spot on the arm rest. The airplane has a soul, and like a favorite dog, it talks to you- but you have to know how to listen.
                                The coolest part I think in "High and the Mighty" is when the DC4 has that first little shimmer and no one notices except the seasoned Dan Roman played by John Wayne. Pilots developed extra senses.
                                Victor Green

Comment

Victor,

That scene was actually a re-imagining of an actual experience had by the author, in which the elevator hinge bolts were sliding out of the hinge on his airplane. Anyone who hasn't read Fate is the Hunter should read that chapter. The story, and the crossroads of the players in the story is factual, and incredible.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                  PMDG Simulations

Comment

Victor,

That scene was actually a re-imagining of an actual experience had by the author, in which the elevator hinge bolts were sliding out of the hinge on his airplane. Anyone who hasn't read Fate is the Hunter should read that chapter. The story, and the crossroads of the players in the story is factual, and incredible.
                                    Robert,
                                    That book by Ernest Ghan is certainly a fascinating insight into a bygone era in aviation. There is something truly romantic about seeing old aircraft fly. They were built to last and have a unique smell and character all of their own and flying one of them is rather like comparing driving a steam train with the latest TGV.

An equally fascinating story involved the late Neil Williams who was performing aerobatics without a parachute in his Zlin. One of the aircraft's lower spar bolts sheared and that wing started to fold upwards. He faced an almost impossible situation and he would definitely be killed if he bailed out.

What could he possibly do to save himself? Well, I won't spoil this true story if anyone hasn't heard of it, except to say he thought outside 'The Box' like any aviator should do; especially when something happens that isn't covered by a checklist.
                                    Michael Codd

Comment

James,

A PMDG DC-3.....

giphy.gif
                                      Trevor Hannant

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorHannant View Post

A PMDG DC-3.....
                                        will be so well modelled and will look like this

@Robert: Paderborn 1 year ago. How time flies
                                        Attached Files
                                        Christian Mbeumo
                                        i7-8700K @3,7GHz, Z370 Gaming Pro, RAM 32.0GB, DDR4 3000MHz GTX 1080Ti 11GB

Comment

Victor,

The thing that always strikes me about that story is that he quit airline flying right afterward - he says he realized it was pure luck of the draw that he made it and the other crew, with the identical problem, didn't. We all like to wax nostaligic about the Ernie Gann era, and it sure was colorful, but his own decision was that he didn't want to be hunted by fate anymore.
                                          Alan Ampolsk
                                          __________________________________________

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_A View Post

The thing that always strikes me about that story is that he quit airline flying right afterward - he says he realized it was pure luck of the draw that he made it and the other crew, with the identical problem, didn't. We all like to wax nostaligic about the Ernie Gann era, and it sure was colorful, but his own decision was that he didn't want to be hunted by fate anymore.
                                            And most of his new hire class he started with at AAL including the instructor were killed in air accidents by the time he retired. " Flying was anything but routine".
                                            Victor Green

Comment

Are you considering following LM's best practices and remove all content from the simulator folders, so allowing installation in a separate disk/library/etc?
                                              NUNO PINTO
                                              Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz · 16GB DDR4 3600 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Fully Watercooled

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno Pinto View Post
                                                Are you considering following LM's best practices and remove all content from the simulator folders, so allowing installation in a separate disk/library/etc?
                                                This has been discussed many times in the past. Not going to use the addon.xml method currently.
                                                Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                                PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Good news, LM apparently went bold and said HF2 for V5 will be out "early next week"

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...1aa8&start=105

Comment

Originally posted by luc.arsenault View Post
                                                    Good news, LM apparently went bold and said HF2 for V5 will be out "early next week"

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...1aa8&start=105
                                                    Very good news!

Thank you for posting.

Greg
                                                    Greg Morin
                                                    Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Comment

Originally posted by VoyagerP3D View Post

will be so well modelled and will look like this

@Robert: Paderborn 1 year ago. How time flies
                                                      if PMDG made a dc-3 i would buy it the day it came out with no hesitation i love the dc-3 it would also be cool to see PMDG make a 747-200 to add to their 747 family of products
                                                      ghost

Comment

Working...
                                                      X