Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[31MAY20] Weekend NOTAMs and a short development update...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[31MAY20] Weekend NOTAMs and a short development update...

Captains,

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I wanted to give you a quick position report to let you know what we are working on and what you can expect in the near future. This update is not designed to give you insight into every item we are working on, but these are the items that have current information to update.

PMDG 737NGXu Update (includes P5D compatibility):
    During the period of time we have been working on this update, we have also been working to make the product fully compatible with Prepar3D v5 (P5D), and this has slowed down the update process a bit. Most notably, we have had two P5D hotfix updates drop in beta form (HF1 went to release, HF2 is still in beta) that have required significant updates to the product in order to maintain it's compatibility. HF2 seems to have an impact on lighting, and and this has taken a significant amount of work to adjust dynamic lighting within that simulator platform in order to make it look correct. We had to make adjustments after HF1 beta dropped, so we were surprised to see that those changes were rendered useless by the HF2 beta.

This has caused us to decide that the best approach is to simply keep the update in beta testing until we get a final HF2 RTM version so that we know the changes that we make will actually be valuable in the sim. Meantime we continue to work on a bunch of other items we want to get cleared up in the update cycle and those will be included in the changelist that we release with the update when that happens to be.

Update coming for Operations Center's Online Resources:
    On Tuesday we are going to be doing some realignment of our cloud based assets and this will mean that users who are on very old versions of the PMDG Operations Center 2.0 will lose online services such as livery installation and product updates. For most users, this won't mean anything to you, because we have baked these changes into OC2 for many months. There are some users who don't routinely update when the updates are pushed, and those users will lose connectivity. The fix is simple: Update the OC2. You won't lose that ability...

Pending Updates for 777:
    Once we have the 737 update out of the way, we will be turning attention back to the 777 update that we have been mentioning for some time. This update is focused on rolling out a number of bug fixes we have added over the past 12-18 months, as well as adding PBR and P5D functionality. Smoe new features will be added to the product, but I want to be clear that we do not intend to add the EFB or the 200ER expansion package in this update cycle. I'm mentioning this specifically because some folks have presumed these details when in fact, we have tried to be clear that these items will not be included at this time. We will be looking to add large new features and expansions to the 777 product line once we have caught up a bit on all of the produce platform conversions we are working on right now.

Pending Updates for DC-6:
    Also after the 737 update, we are planning an update for the DC-6. Like the 777, the goal is to roll out a few bug fixes, add PBR and P5D functionality.

It is always important to Read to the End:
    Just to minimize any guesswork, we are planing to bring each of our four major product lines (737, 747, 777 and DC-6) into the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. MSFS promises to give us entirely new capabilities, and it will take some time to adapt each product to capitalize, but they will all be brought over in time. We will have more to say about this at the right time and place, but there has been a bit of hyperbolic discussion that I wanted to clarify with this piece of information here.

Other thoughts:
    The world has been a pretty chaotic place these past few months. I hope you all know that all of us at PMDG really do wish each of you health and safety. Look after yourself, and look after your loved ones. Then come here and enjoy the company of your fellow simmers. We are glad to have you all here and to enjoy a bit of normalcy.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Thanks Captain. Enjoy the weekend
    Christian Mbeumo
    i7-8700K @3,7GHz, Z370 Gaming Pro, RAM 32.0GB, DDR4 3000MHz GTX 1080Ti 11GB

Comment

Thanks for the update! ๐Ÿ‘

Hope the HF2 for P3Dv5 can be released soon!
      Sรธren Geertsen

Comment

Thanks for the info, but can we also expect another cleanup update for the 744/748 in the near future? There are still issues.
        Manolo Ruiz Carriรณ

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert, sounds good!
          Zsolt Szivak

Comment

Thank you!

I hope the MSFS 2020 wonโ€™t come as a subscription-product, otherwise it might become very expensive. Is there any information about that?
            Josef Kolb

PMDG B737-600 to -900/747-400/747-8/777-200LR/777-300ER

Comment

Thanks a lot, Robert ! Nice update. Can you just please give us more about GFO ?

By the way, thanks a lot Robert for your very kind words at the end of your message.

Best regards,
              โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
              Last edited by BrunoT; 31May2020, 10:45.
              Thimote Brunot
              PMDG 737 & 777

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobellomann View Post
                Thank you!

I hope the MSFS 2020 wonโ€™t come as a subscription-product, otherwise it might become very expensive. Is there any information about that?
                I am certain that it was announced last year it would not be subscription.
                Neil Holloway
                AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200mhz, Gigabyte GTX 1660 Super

Comment

• Cocobellomann
                  Cocobellomann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, I missed that announcement.

• Tbarker1989
                  Tbarker1989 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is and isn't going to be a subscription. They are offering it like typical first party microsoft games. Game pass is a subscription service with multiple games but you can still purchase the games full price without the subscription as well.

Thank you for the update. PMDG is taking a very reasonable approach to the V5 updates.

Thank you

Greg
                Greg Morin
                Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Comment

Great news, especially the availability of those fantastic aircraft in FS 2020. My life will be complete ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
                  Brian Crawley

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post

It is always important to Read to the End:
                    Just to minimize any guesswork, we are planing to bring each of our four major product lines (737, 747, 777 and DC-6) into the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. MSFS promises to give us entirely new capabilities, and it will take some time to adapt each product to capitalize, but they will all be brought over in time. We will have more to say about this at the right time and place, but there has been a bit of hyperbolic discussion that I wanted to clarify with this piece of information here.
                    So you're really going to completely re-write all your infrastructure from scratch to fit the new SDK and not wildly increase your prices to cover that? And if (when) MS want to take a slice of the add-on pie, you're really willing to take that hit?
                    - Karl Brooker

Comment

I wonder how far we are with HF2 for V5 as they still are having problems.

Comment

Thank you for the updates!

Eugene Warrick
                        Eugene Warrick

Comment

Thanks Robert!!
                          Leandro Manducci

Comment

nothing about GFO
                            Alex Kulak
                            PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Would like to hear more about GFO as well ๐Ÿ˜
                              Anton Vind
                              CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 1 TB SSD / 1 TB HDD

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Vind View Post
                                Would like to hear more about GFO as well ๐Ÿ˜
                                Yes !
                                Even if it's a not a huge problem, no news concerning GFO, for a pretty long time now, worries me actually.

Cheers,
                                Thimote Brunot
                                PMDG 737 & 777

Comment

• kvuo75
                                  kvuo75 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  well they -have- added all those extra liveries for the 747's, its not like we actually need 40 different cargolux, ups, etc 747's, i assume they are for gfo

• Anton Vind
                                  Anton Vind commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  They were added for GFO.

Originally posted by BrunoT View Post
                                no news concerning GFO, for a pretty long time now, worries me actually.
                                Cheers,
                                Well RSR provided an update in the very beginning of May regarding GFO, where he also acknowledged that they had been quite hush-hush about it. I don't think it's something to be worried about, they are just testing like they have for many months now, hence why there's nothing new to say. They must be far into testing now though
                                Anton Vind
                                CPU: i9-9900K, GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER, RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz, Drives: 1 TB SSD / 1 TB HDD

Comment

Thanks for the updates. Am also really keen to find out how PMDG products would look like in MSFS. #patience
                                Take care everyone.
                                Onela Pivra [ATPL (A/H) ME CFII]
                                [email protected] GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080S, 16GB DDR4 3200, 4K samsung UJ59

Comment

Robert S. Randazzo @rsrandazzo

Does anyone know if the 737 will get an update...Ive never seen anything about this, just the 737NGxu......will the 737 be coming to P3Dv5 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Does anyone know if the 737 will get an update...Ive never seen anything about this, just the 737NGxu......will the 737 be coming to P3Dv5 as well?
                                    As said many times by them no
                                    Duarte Vieira

Comment

I guess those of us still on P3Dv4.5 are at the mercy of P3Dv5 when it comes to updates. Many of us are simply waiting for the NGXu steering update like in the 747. Wish they at least push that update while we wait on v5HF2.
                                      Dan Moore

Comment

Thank you for the update, but in the name of normalcy:

Where is the update for the MD-11?

๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                          rsrandazzo commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          And to think I haven't used the Ban Hammer in a few weeks now.... I have my eye on you, Keem. :-p - RSR

Many thanks for your update,
                                        stay safe
                                        Keith Sheldon

Comment

Much appreciated. Iโ€™m thrilled about the coming 777 updates.
                                          Jeannette Benoit

Comment

Great, the 777 "expansion" (I bet will cost me additional coin) is what excites me. Right now I am loving the 747 and 787 in V5.
                                            Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Why would PMDG dedicate resource to an obsolete product that they have replaced with an entirely new version?
                                              Robert Sutherland

Comment

Thankyou for the information update Robert,and you and pmdg team stay well and safe.
                                                Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Thank you Robert! Great update! As always, enjoying PMDG's great products!

Kind regards.

Fabio van Roon
                                                  Fabio van Roon

Comment

I'm excited by this update. The 737 in v5 is something I'm really looking forward to

Let's hope the P3D hotfix resolves the remaining serious issues the sim is having.
                                                    Robert Sutherland

Comment

• phrgflyer419
                                                      phrgflyer419 commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Robert, I do not think the 737 NGX is going to V5. It is the 737 NGXu that is going to V5.

Harry Nelson

• RoDuSu
                                                      RoDuSu commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      I'm aware. I didn't mention the NGX. I have the NGXu.
                                                  Working...
                                                  X