Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

No P3Dv5 Installation Option in Latest Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No P3Dv5 Installation Option in Latest Installer

Per the instructions, I've logged into my account and downloaded the latest "PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - Base Package for Prepar3D" installer.

I did a full uninstallation first, then tried to install the newest installer on my account. However, there is no v5 option.

In addition, the Operations Center has no Prepared v5 options available either.

Lastly, the latest Operations Center center (received yesterday, and I assume again today with the full install) does NOT save my flight sim path for v4.

What now?
    Phil Chimbolo
    Flight Simming for over 40-years

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the PMDG forum.

I suspect you are *not* running the correct installer. Perhaps you did download the new version, but when you went to your download directory or other place that you downloaded it, you grabbed the old one instead?

When you run the new installer, it will show you selection boxes for 3 platforms of P3D and you will have to tell it which ones to install to...

Take a look in your download folder and make sure you are seeing today's date on the one you choose. Let us know if you nee further help.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hi Team,

Installing now - it gave me the option to Modify Repair or Uninstall.

I selected Modify and it then offered me the three P3D versions

Scott
      Scott Stephens

Comment

Hi, Team;

Will expect any update for P3D V4.5 users for 737 NGXu ?

Best Regards
        Erkal
        Erkal SANLI - LTFJ

Comment

Is OC version 2.0.0.8663 the latest? I did the same thing, and I see under the Simulator pull-down PrePared v5 listed, but no PMDG aircraft show up in P3Dv5.PMDG.JPG
          Jon Richardson

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Jon- Did you go and download the installers from your account? This update requires an installer, as detailed in the post at the top of the forum. - RSR

rsrandazzo No. I ran the installation directly from the DOWNLOADS folder. I even cleared my cache and tried redownloading. Then I uninstalled EVERYTHING from PMDG, and removed remaining files for Ops Center. Then I tried to again install the 747. Same thing... no P3Dv5 option.

Here is a snapshot of my order history. Why is my 747 "Updated Date" still June 14, 2019? Shouldn't it be today?PMDG Orders.jpg

Phil Chimbolo

Comment

Originally posted by pchimbolo View Post
            rsrandazzo No. I ran the installation directly from the DOWNLOADS folder. I even cleared my cache and tried redownloading. Then I uninstalled EVERYTHING from PMDG, and removed remaining files for Ops Center. Then I tried to again install the 747. Same thing... no P3Dv5 option.
            Phil,

You are over-thinking this I suspect, and focusing on things that are over-complicating your life. (Example: The last updated tag in your account has nothing to do with you downloading an update. It has to do with you placing an order and having a transaction processed, etc...)

So- if you did uninstall completely, and you downloaded the installer, and you run the correct installer, but it is not detecting version 5, **and** the OC is not offering you any options related to v5, then the conclusion is that you have issues with the registry localization to show where P5D is located.

The installer is pretty smart and it tries very hard to resolve a location for P5D by looking at a number of registry fingerprints- but the primary key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\AppPath"

If that doesn't carry the correct location, then the installer cannot find the location information that it needs in order to install P5D.
            Robert S. Randazzo
            PMDG Simulations

Comment

SOLVED, sort of! Let's say that things seem to be working.

Apparently (???) the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v5\\AppPath" was empty in my registry. Once I added the path, the installer worked!

RE: My "overthinking"

To be clear, I can overthink things (I'm a techy)... however that isn't helped by your Ops Center "paths" (shown below). Now that I've installed the 747 into both P4D and P5D, how do you think your customers will read this pathing in the preferences? Where is "P3D v5"? Both v4 and v5 paths cannot be managed separately?

PMDG Ops Center Paths.jpg
              Last edited by pchimbolo; 09May2020, 14:08.
              Phil Chimbolo

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                rsrandazzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Phil- I suspected you might be a techie. :-) Okay- I can see how that confused you. We passed it along to Chris Powell and I believe the display was intended to be deprecated but was not. -RSR

Originally posted by pchimbolo View Post
              SOLVED, sort of! Let's say that things seem to be working.

Apparently (???) the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v5\\AppPath" was empty in my registry. Once I added the path, the installer worked!

RE: My "overthinking"

To be clear, I can overthink things (I'm a techy)... however that isn't helped by your Ops Center "paths" (shown below). Now that I've installed the 747 into both P4D and P5D, how do you think your customers will read this pathing in the preferences? Where is "P3D v5"? Both v4 and v5 paths cannot be managed separately?

PMDG Ops Center Paths.jpg
              The Simulator Paths fields has none effect currently event if you make a change it should not chnage anything. This will be removed in the next OC version,
              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
              PMDG Technical Support

Comment

I too have the same issue now. It doesnt give me the option to install into anything. The installer just goes straight to INSTALL and installs the aircraft into V4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked the registry settings for bit V4 and V5 and they both pint to the correct location.!

Keith Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Mann View Post
                  I too have the same issue now. It doesnt give me the option to install into anything. The installer just goes straight to INSTALL and installs the aircraft into V4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, checked the registry settings for bit V4 and V5 and they both pint to the correct location.!

Keith Mann
                  If you are not getting the option for the simulators, then you are using the old installer. Make sure you use the exe from the latest installer from your account.
                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

I am using the new installer and when I run this I get the option now. However, if I select to install to V5 then it uninstalls my V4 aircraft!!! My registry settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin both show the right location for each sim version

If I then run the -8 installer I dont get the option to select any sim...It installs to V4 only

Keith Mann
                    Last edited by Keith Mann; 09May2020, 18:11.

Comment

Kieth-

Just for kicks- have you read the post pinned at the top of the forum regarding installation troubles? I suspect if you go there and follow those steps- you will find success.

Robert S. Randazzo
                      PMDG Simulations

Comment

Robert, Yes I have read the thread and I have followed everything as I should. I have spent the last six hours trying to get this installed in V5. V4, no problem..

Capture.JPG
                        Last edited by Keith Mann; 09May2020, 18:24.

Comment

Kieth-

Fantastic- glad to know it worked out.

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Robert, It works in V4 but NOT in V5....Sorry to confuse things

Now I have reinstalled everything yet again, I have managed to get the 747 installed in V5 now, but when I click on the START button in V5 to start flight using the 747 I get the option saying "Are you sure you want to shut down P3d"

{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tImage 3.JPG Views:\t0 Size:\t20.8 KB ID:\t61155","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"61155","data-size":"medium"}

If I say No. It starts to load then CTD

Keith Mann
                            Last edited by Keith Mann; 09May2020, 19:10.

Comment

I was having the same issue. After spending all Day Saturday trying to figure it out, I came back today, uninstalled everything for version 4.5 and now it finally sees V5 and it is now installed.
                              Travis Shipley

Comment

Working...
                              X