Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Update News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update News

Dear Team,

Any Update for all products in a next weeks?

Best Regards
    Erkal SANLI - LTFJ

When there will be an update will post about it. Since there are no new posts no updates. Thank you,
    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
    PMDG Technical Support
    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I feel a spanking coming!
      Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Dear Admin,

Please try to give more polite answers and act behaviours for appreciate and lovely PMDG users, These platforms is not a human rights court.

Best Regards

Erkal SANLI - LTFJ

Comment

Originally posted by Erkas View Post
          Dear Admin,

Please try to give more polite answers and act behaviours for appreciate and lovely PMDG users, These platforms is not a human rights court.

Best Regards

Wow...you thought that was not polite?

Re-read what he said. He simply said "no update" and "there will be a post when an update is out" and then he said "thank you".

What is so impolite about that?

All because he gave you an answer you didn't want to hear doesn't mean it was impolite.
          Last edited by netshadoe; 21Apr2020, 12:36.
          Devin Pollock
          CYOW

Comment

😂

how about using the search for „update“ so Chris wouldn‘t have to write the same sentence every second day?

the latest update regarding an update was on I think April 14th.
            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @1600MHz, 4k

Marc Ehnle

Comment

Dear All,

I think I got it wrong, I'm sorry to all, so sorry.

Best Regards
              Erkal SANLI - LTFJ

Comment

Originally posted by Paulyg123 View Post
                I feel a spanking coming!
                That seriously made my day; for the rest of the week! 😂😂😂
                Regards, Orjan Polman.
                ENGM

Comment

If they have news it will be posted. However they should let us know if the hotfix will delay PMDG
                  Mark Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by Mroberts95 View Post
                    If they have news it will be posted. However they should let us know if the hotfix will delay PMDG
                    How would they know that if no one has seen the hotfix from LM?
                    Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

How would they know that if no one has seen the hotfix from LM?
                      I meant as in things are broken so until a possible hotfix comes we users would have to wait. I’m not saying this is the case but a possibility
                      Mark Roberts

Comment

If he thought that was impolite, he would last 10 seconds in an Approach Control :-)

Scott
                        Kendall Scott Mann
                        Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!!

Comment

Scott,

You'd be amazed how fast I can talk when going into a sector with a good controller who moving metal like a pro.

But I can also talk slower than a west kentucky alfalfa grower with a xanax habit if I feel i'm getting slapped around for no good reason.

I'm not proud... but I have had to go and done stood out in the alfalfa field a few times in 25 years of this flying thing.

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                            Scott,

You'd be amazed how fast I can talk when going into a sector with a good controller who moving metal like a pro.

But I can also talk slower than a west kentucky alfalfa grower with a xanax habit if I feel i'm getting slapped around for no good reason.

I'm not proud... but I have had to go and done stood out in the alfalfa field a few times in 25 years of this flying thing.

Now that's funny! and true. I've been flying longer than I've been controlling. I've heard it from both sides of the mic. I still love (And I've seen this on both sides as well) "Have a great day" un key the mic "Idiot" :-)

Scott
                            Kendall Scott Mann
                            Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!!

Comment

• tmegowan
                              tmegowan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can relate. I retired 3 years ago after 35 years including 5 at van Nuys (AKA The Zoo). The things that were said when we unkeyed the mike would make for great comedy. Once told a foreign student traffic 12 o'clock 2 mile a blimp (he had him bore sighted), his reply "Looking". Those were the days
                              Tony Megowan
                              ATCS Retired working under New Management - see spouse for details

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                            Scott,

Robert,

I can remember being sequenced into KORD where the controller never stopped talking, no one was to read back a clearance, and if the controller saw that you were not doing what he instructed, the next clearance was a vector to last. Professionals working with professionals.
                            Bode Bridges
                            I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

Comment

• DDowns
                              DDowns commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That phrase is used on initial contact loosely speaking.... come'on, there is nothing more impressive than a GCA back in the day when the fighters were so unstable one could not shoot an ILS if you wanted to. I've seen F-4 Phantoms all over the Rhine-Phalz on GCA approach to Ramstein in the 70's.

• Bluestar
                              Bluestar commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When I was in Vietnam there was more than once when I was on a GCA approach to minimums and 10 minutes into a 20 minute light. Fifteen hundred hours of those kind of adventures will give a person gray hair at 24. ROFL

• Icaruss
                              Icaruss commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Just wanted to correct the “initial contact” statement. Words have meaning , specially in aviation. The first GCA controller will set up on a circuit, if needed, then hands you off to the final controller close to or on final. He’ll let you know when to stop further acknowledgment.

There is nothing more humbling than doing a GCA down to minimums, specially when there is no other approach to back it up on fast mover. (This is more rare nowadays with RNAVs approaches). Got a bunch of white hair doing that.

When I flew in the areas around NYC, the controllers went on like auctioneers and since the majority of pilots were pros, it was normal and you learned. I do remember one, however, when I was in a C152 who slowed down enough to warn me that a flock of geese was gaining on me.
                            Bob Zolto

Comment

Avid user of PMDG products for over five years, I have been a frequent visitor to this forum but never needed to register. Today I did, to voice an opinion.

PMDG, regardless of its position at the apogee of flight sim add-on aircraft, remains a business. In business, the customer is ALWAYS king. Period. The OP asked a question, very repetitive and possibly pointless I will agree, but justified nonetheless from the perspective of someone who has invested money in your business and has not received an update in a while (considering how fast this field and its news move, what was once done monthly or sparingly should now be done almost daily to quench modern thirst and expectations, it's the social media, over-informed world we live in, better embrace it).

The reply was dry, grammatically poor, borderline rude and did not offer an ounce of sympathy or empathy.

I very much appreciate the resulting avalanche of old-timer replies who saw a chance to brag about pushing tin or flying it back in the days, but this is not a pissing contest and real word experience means nothing in terms of dollars spent. We all look forward to flying our PMDG beauties in v5 and in these days of confinement and worry, a few words of encouragement and progress report, or the honest lack thereof, from the powers that be, would do wonders.

Respect.

Comment

In business, the customer is ALWAYS king.
                                Wrong. And I have watched customers who decided to push that point as hard as possible find out the hard way that there is a limit.
                                Charles Harris KRTS The Valley of Speed
                                ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, Ryzen 3700X, 1TB 970 Neo M2,1TB SSD, RX 5700XT 8GB, 32GB DDR4 3200

Comment

Originally posted by Snowfalcon View Post

Wrong. And I have watched customers who decided to push that point as hard as possible find out the hard way that there is a limit.
                                  Of course! This is meant from the business' perspective, not the customer's!

If a business owner yourself, you're probably not very successful, are you. ;-)
                                  Last edited by levince120; 24Apr2020, 00:37.

Comment

My friend,

Trading/marketing via mind/mentally is something else , there is no issues..., it is completely different to trade by building walls on the side where the customer is right.

Best regards
                                    Erkal SANLI - LTFJ

Comment

The wife is always right!
                                      Paul Gugliotta

Comment

Originally posted by levince120 View Post
                                        In business, the customer is ALWAYS king. Period.
                                        So if a customer asked for a product for free, are you implying they should get that?
                                        (considering how fast this field and its news move, what was once done monthly or sparingly should now be done almost daily to quench modern thirst and expectations, it's the social media, over-informed world we live in, better embrace it).
                                        Okay, so then you wind up with more update posts that look like this:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...ide-the-pastry
                                        The reply was dry, grammatically poor, borderline rude and did not offer an ounce of sympathy or empathy.
                                        Do keep in mind, though, that PMDG does have staff around the world, so English might not necessarily be their native language.
                                        Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Avid user of PMDG products for over five years, I have been a frequent visitor to this forum but never needed to register. Today I did, to voice an opinion.

PMDG, regardless of its position at the apogee of flight sim add-on aircraft, remains a business. In business, the customer is ALWAYS king. Period. The OP asked a question, very repetitive and possibly pointless I will agree, but justified nonetheless from the perspective of someone who has invested money in your business and has not received an update in a while (considering how fast this field and its news move, what was once done monthly or sparingly should now be done almost daily to quench modern thirst and expectations, it's the social media, over-informed world we live in, better embrace it).

I very much appreciate the resulting avalanche of old-timer replies who saw a chance to brag about pushing tin or flying it back in the days, but this is not a pissing contest and real word experience means nothing in terms of dollars spent. We all look forward to flying our PMDG beauties in v5 and in these days of confinement and worry, a few words of encouragement and progress report, or the honest lack thereof, from the powers that be, would do wonders.

Respect.
                                          Nameless, thank you for your opinion. Can you please make sure you also follow the rules and sign your posts with your real name first and last. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19
                                          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                          PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Working...
                                          X