Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[01APR20] A few updates - but still no fooling about. :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[01APR20] A few updates - but still no fooling about. :-)

Captains,

On a lighter note than my earlier post, there are a few things I wanted to get you up-to-speed regarding.

25% Discount on PMDG Long Haulers:
    From now until 14APR20 (2359h US EDT) we are offering all of our FSX and Prepar3D Longhaulers at 25% off the normal list price. This includes the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II, PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II, PMDG 777-200LR, PMDG 777-300ER and PMDG DC-6 airplanes in FSX/P3D.

We figure all of us are bound to have quite a bit more time to enjoy our flying in the weeks and months ahead, and if we can all escape our captivity by enjoying some nice long haul flying to far flung corners that we might not normally have time to reach- this will be a grand thing.

Our shopping art will automatically reduce the price at checkout, so there are no coupons to enter, or tasks to perform. Simply make the purchase and the automation will take care of the rest for you.

Updated 747 is in testing:
    We have pushed a few updates for the entire 747 product line to our testing team. Things are progressing, but we are still putting out some small issues and tightening down a few details as we get the product update ready to push out to you. We thought you would have this update a few weeks ago- but for reasons that are probably obvious we have all been a bit "OBE" around here lately and productivity just hasn't been what it normally would be at this point of the year.

Then What?
    Once we have this one stable, current thinking is that we have an update for NGXu users that will easily slot into trail behind the 747. Originally we thought 777 would happen first, but that one is giving us a bit of trouble and needs more time to sort out details. Once 747 is out of testing, we will evaluate which of the twins is going to testing first- and that is the one we will give to you next.

once we know which one it is- I'll shout... (And since there will inevitably be the conspiracy theorist out there hoping for some off-the-wall conspiracy: There is none. We just have quite a bit of work on our hands, and if it is taking time, it makes sense to make efficient use of our testing resources by giving them whichever product is ready... No much science (or tinfoil hat) to it at all...)

Okay- that is about all I have for you at this moment... Stay healthy!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Thanks for the update, Robert
    Robert Sutherland

Comment

Robert, on behalf of myself; thank you very much for this awesome discount! Very kind of you and the team!

Stay safe guys
      Regards, Orjan Polman.
      ENGM

Comment

Thanks for the update, Robert, Sorry to say that the 777 is the least-flown of my a/c, but the green panel is cool 747-8i probably gets more attention as it looks more like a 777 from an avionics point of view. Since I'm still working, I actually fly LESS, since the wife is not working
        Jude Bradley
        System specs: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF Gigabyte Z390, RTX-2070, 32GB RAM Prepar3D V5 X-Plane 11.50

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert hopefully we will see auto L-NAV function and new navigation stye panel in the NGX-U update.
          All the best for you and your family,stay healthy...
          STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan_888 View Post
            Thanks for the update Robert hopefully we will see auto L-NAV function and new navigation stye panel in the NGX-U update.
            All the best for you and your family,stay healthy...
            It will not be part of this update.
            Chris Makris (Olympic260)
            PMDG Technical Support

Comment

• Stefan_888
              Stefan_888 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Chris,
              Let's hope when BBJ'S come out we will see them.
              All the best,stay healthy,
              Stefan Dordevic

I know things are topsy-turvy right now but is there any way a hotfix for the aggressive autobrakes on the NGXu could be slipped in before the major updates? Just a quick little CTRL+C, CTRL+V of the previous code (ok, it's not that simple, but you know what I mean...).
            Alex Pugh

Comment

• Dzosef
              Dzosef commented
              Editing a comment
              yes, manual braking.

Nice to hear from you, stay strong and stay home.
            Bai Jian

Comment

25% discount on 100+$ is a significant amount.. cheers to PMDG, nice touch! You‘re fine guys.
              i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
              Marc Ehnle

Comment

Hello Robert

Thks for both updates and I do wish you, your family as well as PMDG's team to go safely through the actual situation.

Here in France we are also involved badly and to all our simmers friends just one thing : PLS STAY HOME (As much as you can of course).

By the way Robert, here in France and in some other countries in Europe we go every evening at 8 pm to our windows, open them and clap hands to say thank you to all the healtcare staffs. Does not change much the situation but they really appreciate such a sign of consideration. They all deserve it anyway as well as all workers in the shops of food stores, the trucks drivers (Hi Kevin) and so on.

Take care

Michel Maillou

Comment

• FlyingFed
                  FlyingFed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What a great initiative! I hope it spreads faster than COVID-19 as a way to encourage all those contributing to beating the virus.

• skyymann
                  skyymann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here in Dubai (And all of the UAE) we are in lockdown from 8PM until 6AM. And it is working. Amazing to see Sheikh Zayed Road (Think Dubai version of LAs I405) completely empty. Completely surreal.

Scott

Well, thank you guys for your hard work on the update. I'm looking forward to the new ground physics on 747 series, hope this time I won't be ‘dragging my tail’ off the runways everytime😆

Be safe.

Ross Emanuel
                Ross Emanuel

Comment

Thanks for the update(s) Robert. Any on the BBJ?
                  Matthew Simmons

Comment

Thankyou for the update information pmdg.
                    Danny Z.Cebis

Comment

Thank you for the update Robert! Glad to see you and your crew are safe and can telework as normal! regarding the NGXu, I remember you were looking for information on the cargo variants- Did you have any luck and if so will that version be released at the same time as the BBJ?
                      Jon Richardson

Comment

Thanks Robert! 777-300 has now joined the hangar.
                        Chris Lowe

Comment

Chris,

77W is an incredible airplane.

When you do your first few circuits around the pattern to get a feel for the extra length, switch to outside view and watch main landing gear closely. We have the entire cantilever pivot modeled. I'm not sure many people have ever noticed it.

In flying this machine, you will find that the climb/step-climb profiles are more in line with the 744, since with all the extra weight, this airplane winds up in the low-to-mid 30s until it burns some weight and starts stepping higher.

That throws some users off if they are used to the 77L's tremendous climb performance.

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Originally posted by matthewpow View Post
                            Thanks for the update(s) Robert. Any on the BBJ?
                            Same here, can't wait for the BBJ :-)

Scott
                            Kendall Scott Mann
                            Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                              Chris,

77W is an incredible airplane.
                              It will become a legend airplane with rain/ice/bug effects + realistic ground friction for taxi.
                              Can't wait to see PBR on the 777!

Originally posted by skyymann View Post
                              Same here, can't wait for the BBJ :-)
                              Scott
                              We have enough 737 for some time...
                              Timm Rehberg
                              Twitch Stream | V1 Simulations Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X