Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[11FEB20] Operations Center 2.0 rolling out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why unintuitive?? A menu bar at the top, accessible option below. A few self-explaining drop downs and no unnecessary blingbling. It could hardly be easier. It‘s not pretty, sure. It looks like a typical windows window. (lol) but it‘s functional and works well.
    i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @1600MHz, 4k

Comment

OC2 is NOT recognizing the JS41. Since I deleted the JS41 liveries I no longer have them available for the aircraft.

In reviewing the JS41 section of the forum, I see that i am not alone in my "frustration".

Thanks for any response that you may give.

Dan
      Dan Connor

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Known, ignore it for now, the livery is installed correctly. DC6 does not have the registration.ini file that other products have.
        Chris,

OC2 installed the DC6 liveries once I ran it as administrator.

Michael
        Last edited by Michael Thesen; 12Feb2020, 19:25.
        Michael Thesen

Comment

Hello! I've got a problem with EZDOK camera addon after the update. EZDOK wants to open Standard.xml.bak in FSX-SE folder. But the name of my folder is FSX.
          PS: If you install Steam version side-by-side with FSX BOX, the folder will be FSX-SE. But the name my folder is FSX because I have only Steam version. By the way, after updating to OC2, my FSX-SE path was in the FSX line in Preferences.
          Attached Files
          Vladyslav Kostiukov

Comment

When I try to select my FSX Steam path and to save my changes, OC2 duplicates it in FSX BOX line after starting the OC when FSX SE is running.
            Attached Files
            Vladyslav Kostiukov

Comment

With this new Operations center, are the aircraft manuals available through it like they where in the old Ops Center
              John-Paul Cannon

Comment

Captains,

I'm trying to install a texture via ptp, but it's giving an error:

--------------------------- Installation results ---------------------------
                PTP installation is complete.
                0 liveries successfully installed from 1 PTP file (s).
                1 liveries failed to install.
                --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

I'm running as an administrator. Any suggestion?
                Flôres, F. Gustavo
                ANC001 - Board Member Anumará Cargo - http://www.anumara-cargo.com

Comment

Originally posted by dcon50 View Post
                  OC2 is NOT recognizing the JS41. Since I deleted the JS41 liveries I no longer have them available for the aircraft.

In reviewing the JS41 section of the forum, I see that i am not alone in my "frustration".

Thanks for any response that you may give.

Dan
                  Same problem here. No JS41 detected. The log file shows it looked, but did not find.

Christopher Bell.
                  Christopher Bell

Comment

Originally posted by GustavoMinuano View Post
                    Captains,

I received this error several times for different ptp liveries, but fortunately they all installed okay.
                    Curtis Branch

Comment

Captains,

I gave a few liveries an install late last night, and even with that error they turned out ok in the sim. It works fine. Seems like you can disregard the notification. Just the P8 Poseidon easter egg isn't in the PMDG download livery section anymore, or for now .
                      Mykel Talab

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post
                        Why unintuitive?? A menu bar at the top, accessible option below. A few self-explaining drop downs and no unnecessary blingbling. It could hardly be easier. It‘s not pretty, sure. It looks like a typical windows window. (lol) but it‘s functional and works well.
                        In my opinion it was far easier to use before. You selected an aircraft and everything you could do with it was available from one selection screen. Now everything is divided into different drop down menus. And the option to access all the documentation has disappeared alltogether.

So in my opinion from the usability point of view it is worse than before.

Regards
                        Christian Vodak

Comment

Originally posted by salsero_at View Post

In my opinion it was far easier to use before. You selected an aircraft and everything you could do with it was available from one selection screen. Now everything is divided into different drop down menus. And the option to access all the documentation has disappeared alltogether.

So in my opinion from the usability point of view it is worse than before.

Regards
                          Christian Vodak
                          On the other hand you can manage all your liveries from one screen, no need to go back to the top menu to select a different aircraft/model.

I miss seeing thumbnails in the livery manager area though. That was useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Myke_Stanley_VHHX View Post
                            OC 2 updated as per the instructions by Capitan Randazzo and crew. An odd observation though, regarding the NGX. I realised that the P8 poseidon liveries to download are not available anymore. From the top of my head, I can't quite remember which squadrons they were from.
                            Other than that, everything is working ok so far.
                            I also noticed that the P8 liveries were not an option to install in OC2. Kept the original NGX 800/900 installed for the P8 as the RAF flew their first one to the UK last week.
                            Paul Beattie

Comment

The P8 is known issue and we are looking to fixing it
                              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                              PMDG Technical Support
                              http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hi, Can I just check if my version is the most up to date please? I have v2.0.0.8653?
                                Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent
                                EMB195 First Officer - Channel Islands

Comment

Originally posted by Tristan View Post
                                  Hi, Can I just check if my version is the most up to date please? I have v2.0.0.8653?
                                  Yes it is. You cna always check by going to Update this app. If there is an update it will show there
                                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

I've just solved my problem by writing my FSX:SE patch in FSX line in OC2.
                                    The OC2 doesn't know that if you have only FSX:SE installed, the path will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (like for the BOX version). But if you have BOX and STEAM installed together, the path for FSX:SE will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE, and the path for FSX will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Looks like the OC2 uses C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE for FSX:SE always, regardless of whether the BOX version is installed or not. So, I have a problem with EZDOK because the OC2 changes some register keys for FSX Steam Edition. I had similar problems with EZDOK and FSX:SE single installed earlier. The problem was solved by developers of this add-on.

image_5288.png
                                    Last edited by Endeavouring; 13Feb2020, 12:34.
                                    Vladyslav Kostiukov

Comment

Originally posted by Endeavouring View Post
                                      I've just solved my problem by writing my FSX:SE patch in FSX line in OC2.
                                      The OC2 doesn't know that if you have only FSX:SE installed, the path will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX (like for the BOX version). But if you have BOX and STEAM installed together, the path for FSX:SE will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE, and the path for FSX will be C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Looks like the OC2 uses C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE for FSX:SE always, regardless of whether the BOX version is installed or not. So, I have a problem with EZDOK because the OC2 changes some register keys for FSX Steam Edition. I had similar problems with EZDOK and FSX:SE single installed earlier. The problem was solved by developers of this add-on.

image_5288.png
                                      OC2 does not changes any registry keys. Only reads what is in the registry. The wronglt shown FSX SE in the FSX is known and will be corrected.
                                      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Yes it is. You cna always check by going to Update this app. If there is an update it will show there
                                        Thank you!
                                        Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent
                                        EMB195 First Officer - Channel Islands

Comment

OC2 does not changes any registry keys. Only reads what is in the registry. The wronglt shown FSX SE in the FSX is known and will be corrected.
                                          Thank you!
                                          Vladyslav Kostiukov

Comment

Originally posted by curt1 View Post

I received this error several times for different ptp liveries, but fortunately they all installed okay.

Originally posted by Myke_Stanley_VHHX View Post

I gave a few liveries an install late last night, and even with that error they turned out ok in the sim. It works fine. Seems like you can disregard the notification. Just the P8 Poseidon easter egg isn't in the PMDG download livery section anymore, or for now .

Curtis Branch & Mykel Talab

Really, you're right

Even with error message, it is installing normally

Thanks!
                                            Flôres, F. Gustavo
                                            ANC001 - Board Member Anumará Cargo - http://www.anumara-cargo.com

Comment

Curtis Branch & Mykel Talab

Really, you're right

Even with error message, it is installing normally

Thanks!
                                              8654 is out now, and a fix for the ugly DC-6 livery installation error message is included.

Regards,
                                              Chris
                                              Chris Powell
                                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

Regarding the Operations Centre 2 I have followed the instructions of Deleting the Old Liveries etc. When Clicking on the FSX to load Ops Centre 2 I get Black box and message saying "This programme cannot start because api-ws-crt-runtime-l1-10,dll is missing try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I am not 100% Computer World best & I do not know where to get this file or how to install it, its a bit of a Dark Art for me. Is there anyone that can help me Please, if not I have lost all my 737's & the J41
                                                Paul Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Smudger565 View Post
                                                  Regarding the Operations Centre 2 I have followed the instructions of Deleting the Old Liveries etc. When Clicking on the FSX to load Ops Centre 2 I get Black box and message saying "This programme cannot start because api-ws-crt-runtime-l1-10,dll is missing try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I am not 100% Computer World best & I do not know where to get this file or how to install it, its a bit of a Dark Art for me. Is there anyone that can help me Please, if not I have lost all my 737's & the J41

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

Please check below answer in an earlier post.

Nick, my apologies. This error happens due to a VC++ Runtime mismatch. I've rebuilt the update to take this into account - it should apply cleanly for all now.

To repair your installation, please download http://downloads.pmdg.com/operations...oc1_repair.zip and place the two files therein in your C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center directory. (Overwrite the two files that are in there.) Now you'll be able to run OC1 again and re-apply the update to take you up to OC2.

Regards,
                                                  Chris
                                                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Hi Chris, My Apologies, I am still finding my way around your pages & what to do. I have added my name I hope it is correct. I have followed the Link and everything is work well Thank you for your help and I look forward to more from PMDG.
                                                    Paul Smith

Comment

I just did the update and.... the Ops Center 2.0 is not detecting my 777 installation. Can somebody help me out with this please?
                                                      Tony Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Say View Post
                                                        I just did the update and.... the Ops Center 2.0 is not detecting my 777 installation. Can somebody help me out with this please?
                                                        If your 777 installation is not shown most probably your registry entries are removed. If you go to add/remove programs do you see the 777 there?
                                                        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

I tried to update OC1 to OC2 but my AV(Kaspersky) detected a virus(false or not) and deleted everything.

Yes i checked inside the folder and there is no executable file in it.....dissapeared the links i had and no OC1, OC2 at all..... C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\PMDG\PMDG Operations Center No exes here.....

Is there some way to get it reinstalled besides reinstalling a product? Is there a full reinstall pack?...

Thanks

UPDATED> Solution here...
                                                          Last edited by Raphael_Chacon; 19Feb2020, 03:23.
                                                          Raphael Chacón

PMDG #431793 #371950 #333135 #332876 #292207 #280217 #247845 #206809 #178218 #171813

Comment

Hi thanks for the teams hard work. Any timeframe for the 777 update?
                                                            Peter Walsh.

Comment

Not sure if I missed one of the post, but is there an update on the release of the BBJ.
                                                              Stacey St.Romain KIAH

Comment

Working...
                                                              X