Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Simulation hours growing rapidly - fantasy does not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation hours growing rapidly - fantasy does not

I live in China and entire country are more or less in quarantine. So I am at home everyday, not allowed to go outside. Thank God I have my beloved Queen. I have so many hours that I soon can be instructor at Boeing company. But I am running out of Ideas of fun and challenging routes. Please help me with recommendation of routes to fly. Thank you
    Mikael Johansson

Hi Mikael,
    you must have plenty of time available then! How about the British Airways flight into San Diego or the former KLM flight to St Maarten?
    If you have it the old Kai Tak might also be a fun approach.
    The new, as well as the old Quito airports also provide a challenging environment for a 747. KLM flies/flew their freighters there.
    Mexico City is also a nice one in the Lufthansa network on the -8i.

Greetings,
    Emanuel Hagen

Comment

Flying R220 in the winter time is always exciting. I did it for almost ten years in the real world and it was never dull.
      Bode Bridges
      I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

Comment

Since you are in China...
        ZULS,ZUXC,ZUWX,ZPLJ,ZPJH,ZPMS are all challenging airports to go, you can do a short round trip from nearby hub like ZUUU,ZUGY and ZPPP, that's what to get the best use of -700...
        If you can get Chinese NAIP navdata, the list is going on:ZUNZ,ZUBD,ZUAL,ZUDC,ZUQJ,ZPNL,ZPDQ,ZPDL,ZPBS,ZP ZT.......
        ZHU Hai
        B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Thank you for suggestions. Time is a lot of here. I already have well over 4 figure hours in 747. Quito sounds interesting, I forgotten that. I don't have 737, so most Chinese airports are ruled out. For those with 737, I can recommend ZGHC if it's accurately simulated. In real life I would prefer Lukla over that one.
          Mikael Johansson

Comment

Originally posted by hasse29 View Post
            Thank you for suggestions. Time is a lot of here. I already have well over 4 figure hours in 747. Quito sounds interesting, I forgotten that. I don't have 737, so most Chinese airports are ruled out. For those with 737, I can recommend ZGHC if it's accurately simulated. In real life I would prefer Lukla over that one.
            I like to span the globe in the 747 (I've also done it in the 737-600!), right now I'm starting a UPS journey KSDF EDDK EGSS EDDK OMDB VIDP VTBS ZGSZ PANC KSDF. There is a feeling of accomplishment when circumnavigating the globe and there are many ways to do it.

Stay healthy my friend.
            Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

• mglan80
              mglan80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Have to agree with the sense of accomplishment when doing a ‘round the world. Did mine in a Connie. Looking to do it in the DC6 at some point. Might have to try that UPS route.

Originally posted by DDowns View Post

I like to span the globe in the 747 (I've also done it in the 737-600!), right now I'm starting a UPS journey KSDF EDDK EGSS EDDK OMDB VIDP VTBS ZGSZ PANC KSDF. There is a feeling of accomplishment when circumnavigating the globe and there are many ways to do it.

Stay healthy my friend.
            I'm curious Dan. Do you do those trips in real time?
            Victor Green

Comment

Originally posted by Lanica View Post

I'm curious Dan. Do you do those trips in real time?
              Often. My actual/simulation ratio is about 75% real time vs time acceleration. Some of these journeys can take a week or more.
              Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

Flying into/out of Almaty is fairly challenging. From either Amsterdam or Moscow, or the other way from Hong Kong...
                Curtis Smith

KSUS/1H0

Comment

Often. My actual/simulation ratio is about 75% real time vs time acceleration. Some of these journeys can take a week or more.
                  I do KSPS KDOV ETAR OAIX PGUA KSUU KSPS in the winter and it can be done in three days sometimes four day all in real time. I have redone all these airfields using ADE to bring them up to speed. Getting in an out of OAIX is the toughest because of the mountains and I normally arrive at night. It's a tough climb from OAIX to PGUA because of the high weight and surrounding mountains heading east.

I do all my flight in real time and with max. payload for the next leg.

Dan I'm betting you've been to a lot of these scenic spots during your military career.
                  Bode Bridges
                  I Earned my Spurs in Vietnam

Comment

Stay healthy my friend.
                    Thank you for you suggestion. I will probably run that route and include Quito also
                    Mikael Johansson

Comment

The trip from EDDK to EGSS was operated by a 748 the last time. Maybe shortest cargo flight with a 748😂
                      Regards from Cologne,
                      Tobi

Comment

Mikael,

I have been looking for some fun 747 flying myself lately, as a way to check on the progress of some items in Global Flight Operations. I find it is always sort of interesting and satisfying to fly a short leg with a simulated turn going into a long haul leg. So, KIAD-KORD-RJAA [Wash. DC - Chicago - Toyko] or example. While not entirely realistic for a single crew- this sort of thing does happen with the airplane and it gives you a chance to go through the process of a turn with the ground operations, fueling and the like.

(A friend of mine flying 744Fs currently recently operated KORD-KATL-LTFM as a single assignment twice last month. The last 3hrs of the leg to Istanbul must be pretty restless- but perhaps not as restless as i'd imaging you are getting after being stuck in one place for so long!)

I wish we had Global Flight Operations up and running for public consumption- it would certainly make the journey more interesting for you!

Stay safe over there- and I hope you manage to avoid catching this flu. Keep us posted on what you decide to fly!

Robert S. Randazzo
                        PMDG Simulations
                        http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

I did the following flight some weeks ago. It was a charter flight with 744F.

LGG - CGN
                          CGN - BGW
                          BGW - EBL
                          EBL - CGN

Regards from Cologne,
                          Tobi

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                            Mikael,

I have been looking for some fun 747 flying myself lately, as a way to check on the progress of some items in Global Flight Operations. I find it is always sort of interesting and satisfying to fly a short leg with a simulated turn going into a long haul leg. So, KIAD-KORD-RJAA [Wash. DC - Chicago - Toyko] or example. While not entirely realistic for a single crew- this sort of thing does happen with the airplane and it gives you a chance to go through the process of a turn with the ground operations, fueling and the like.

(A friend of mine flying 744Fs currently recently operated KORD-KATL-LTFM as a single assignment twice last month. The last 3hrs of the leg to Istanbul must be pretty restless- but perhaps not as restless as i'd imaging you are getting after being stuck in one place for so long!)

I wish we had Global Flight Operations up and running for public consumption- it would certainly make the journey more interesting for you!

Stay safe over there- and I hope you manage to avoid catching this flu. Keep us posted on what you decide to fly!
                            Thank you very much for your input. As it is now, I try to do a shorter flight in daytime and a longer flight in night time, so the simulator will almost run 24/7. Good way of keeping myself occupied and activate brain cells also. At the moment it's 16:30 (4:30 pm for imperial guys ) and I am planning on start with VHHH- YSSY. After route will probably be YSSY-NZWN-SEQM-KORD-KLAX-EDDM-OMDB-FACT-OMDB-ZBAA-VTBS-VIDP-EDDF-VHHH-UAAA-PGUA-KJFK-EKCH-VHHH. Definitely not realistic for a single crew, but something different. . I have taken at least one airport from each of you and will keep me occupied for about eight days. I am looking forward to GFO, to enhance the superb Queen .
                            Mikael Johansson

Comment

Definitely quite the legs in that plan.
                              Tim Barker FAA ATCS

Comment

Originally posted by hasse29 View Post
                                I live in China and entire country are more or less in quarantine. So I am at home everyday, not allowed to go outside. Thank God I have my beloved Queen. I have so many hours that I soon can be instructor at Boeing company. But I am running out of Ideas of fun and challenging routes. Please help me with recommendation of routes to fly. Thank you
                                Do you ever practice approaches? Engine out procedures? General system and profile proficiency? That can be rewarding in a scenic setting.
                                Regards,

Aaron Zylman

Comment

• hasse29
                                  hasse29 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I have even went through CBT for 747
                              Working...
                              X