Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Where is the update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS OPS 2.0 OUT YET

Comment

If you want a short answer, no
      Brian McCumiskey

Specs: i9-9900K, RTX 2070, 16GB of RAM, P3D V4.5 Hotfix 1

Comment

i thought it will get out today oh well lies then bye pmdg

Comment

so impatient for no different functionality difference lol
          Tim Barker FAA ATCS

Comment

sorry im on the spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by Aviationgeek View Post
              sorry im on the spectrum
              of what, insanity?
              Steve Ruiz

Comment

OC 2.0 currently does no more then 1.0, why are some people bugging out... as Charlie Brown would say "good grief"

Paul Meade
                Last edited by E190ATTCS; 06Feb2020, 00:20.

Comment

• hasse29
                  hasse29 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some other addon reads what livery you are using, like airhauler. Things might get broken if uninstall one and reinstall slightly different.

I just do not understand. OC 2 doesn't add anymore functionality at this time. So why on every single post do you ask? Now I understand if there is something you are missing out on but you aren't right now. Buy the NGXu if you want OC 2 so bad.
                Tim Barker FAA ATCS

Comment

Originally posted by E190ATTCS View Post
                  OC 2.0 currently does no more then 1.0, why are some people bugging out... as Charlie Brown would say "good grief"
                  Because they do not know that they aren't missing out on anything. Yet we tell them and they do not believe us.
                  Tim Barker FAA ATCS

Comment

• Mickel
                    Mickel commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ironically, the current OC2 has less functionality than 1 since you can't get to the docs via it (unless I can't see than for looking...). Must be a FOMO thing.

Originally posted by Tbarker1989 View Post

Because they do not know that they aren't missing out on anything. Yet we tell them and they do not believe us.
                  Complainant mentality
                  i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @1600MHz, 4k

Comment

I also gave up cable TV about the same time Netflix came out. I wasn't getting my money's worth. When I'm stuck in hotels, I can't believe how much time is spent airing commercials, and usually the same ones over and over again....

Glad to hear about the improvements.

I was hoping to see one more thing addressed that I will open an official ticket for - and actually since I haven't downloaded this update I can't say it is still an issue but I'll mention it here if anyone else wants to try it out.

Now, keeping in mind this is no proper way to backup (so cut me some slack, this is probably why it was never caught in testing), if you engage the reverse thrusters to start rolling backward, the moment you go to idle power the plane, with no pause in between, immediately starts rolling forward (as if the plane had no weight or momentum). Feels like it should at least take a second or two coming to a stop and another second or so to start rolling forward. As it is it seems to jump immediately from a backward roll to a forward roll. It could snap a neck.

Looking forward to pulling down the update and will likely get the variants sometime this weekend.

Mark Trainer

Comment

Mark,

Backing up the airplane has not been addressed. It has been logged but it low priority.

Robert S. Randazzo
                      PMDG Simulations
                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Originally posted by MeatServo View Post
                        - 0008402: [General - Flight Model] Ground effect reduced (considerably) following pilot reports (emvaos) - resolved.
                        - 0008444: [General - Flight Model] Angular velocity computation incorrectly applied resulting in higher rate heading change during taxi. (rsrandazzo) - resolved.
                        - 0008408: [Systems - Wheels & Brakes] Stopping distance in the sim is different that what QRH and EFB (rsrandazzo) - resolved.

Great improvements. Ground steering is much better. Minimum radius turns are much better. Testing the landing distances now.
                        Indeed. With previous version if I applied brakes slightly in minimum radius the AC would violently increase the speed of the turn, it also happened if I gave more tiller input (in say 2 knots speed) and that kind of steep turn.
                        Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Sergio,

Yes- that behavior in which the airplane accelerates wildly in a tight turn is a flaw in the computation of angular velocity within the sim itself. I suspect it is a flaw that has existed in the platform going back to the BAO days (early 90s) and nobody has been able to fix it because nobody understands what is causing it. Instead, they coded the ground steering behavior inaccurately in order to prevent the behavior from appearing.

What we have done is code a behavior limiter that overrides the sim's behavior (rather violently) in order to minimize the effects. It isn't perfect and it isn't a cure- but it does allow for more realistic behavior when taxiing the airplane.

The more experience I get with it- the better our behavior becomes- which is why you see continued improvement.

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations
                          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Hey, bad ground handling isn't just a Microsoft FS issue. First time I got to fly a Level D 777 sim, I found out just how bad it was because it was twitchier than all get out with an over-exaggerated center zone resistance. The sim tech didn't warn me about it and I tried to make a turn and ended up just about throwing both of us out of our seats when I finally was able to overcome the resistance. Found out that you had to both rudder steer and tiller steer to fix the problem after that. I'm told the real airplane is pretty smooth but I haven't been able to test that out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPFlyer View Post
                              Hey, bad ground handling isn't just a Microsoft FS issue. First time I got to fly a Level D 777 sim, I found out just how bad it was because it was twitchier than all get out with an over-exaggerated center zone resistance. The sim tech didn't warn me about it and I tried to make a turn and ended up just about throwing both of us out of our seats when I finally was able to overcome the resistance. Found out that you had to both rudder steer and tiller steer to fix the problem after that. I'm told the real airplane is pretty smooth but I haven't been able to test that out myself.
                              I've also struggled with a 737-200 simulator. I had just landed and I was going to try to make a 180 to take off in the other direction. Needless to say I thought I was going to flip the entire simulator on its side. And I'm not sure if that's even physically possible.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Working...
                              X