Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Offline ATC applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline ATC applications

Hey guys curious what is recommended for ATC in P3D4.5
    Ro Faulk

Monitor ROG PG27U 4K 144HZ
    i9,9900K 5.0GHZ, 64GB RAM, SSD 2TB M.2 OS drive, Dual EVGA 2080Ti NVLinked GPU's, MSI, GODlike Z390 MB.

There is not a realistic ATC simulation. Many folks like to fly on line, I just use the ATC between my ears.
    Dan Downs KCRP

Comment

I use ProATC thats a pretty good ATC program with SID and STARs amongst other things.

Mattias Nordgren
      https://www.klm-va.nl/

Comment

Pilot Edge is probably the most superior online atc service imo.

Will Barker
        Will Barker

Comment

I use Pro-ATC X, which is rather easy to use and as Mattias says - it also uses SID and STARS,
          Finn Jacobsen
          PC Spec.: i7 3770 3.4 Ghz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB, Windows 7 Home Edition

Comment

Originally posted by DDowns View Post
            There is not a realistic ATC simulation. Many folks like to fly on line, I just use the ATC between my ears.
            Me too Nothing more realistic than that
            Victor Green

Comment

Pilot edge?
              Jordan Collins

Comment

I use PROATCX as well. It uses SID/STARS plus it’s better than default.

Comment

will do some research and possible try proATCx tomorrow.
                  voice activated correct? need to verbally practice radio coms! kinda what attracted me to Pilot2ATC
                  Ro Faulk

i9,9900K 5.0GHZ, 64GB RAM, SSD 2TB M.2 OS drive, Dual EVGA 2080Ti NVLinked GPU's, MSI, GODlike Z390 MB.

Comment

I use voxATC which looks pretty efficient at ground and for SID and Star. It is not usefull for weather avoidance

Pierre Laroche
                    Pierre Laroche

Comment

I use Pilot Edge for west coast flying, and no ATC for other parts of the globe I fly into.
                      John Walker

Comment

• nighthawk
                        nighthawk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah. That is the only downside to it. It is a very good service though. They are slowly expanding. US full coverage will likely be within the next few years.

I use Pilot2ATC, as it is voice controlled, has a copilot to mange a lot of the ATC conversation and radio tuning, and the Developer provides really great support.

You can run on a networked PC or the Sim PC.

Have been using for 4 years.

Bill Clark
                      Bill Clark

Comment

For offline, yes proATCx definitely better than the default.

But nothing beat flying online which I've spent thousands of hours for the past 10 years or so.

Regards,
                        Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)
                        System: P3D v4.5, ASUS Maximus V Formula, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070
                        16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick
                        Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, WDC 1TB, Arma Pixxel+ 27" Curve

Comment

Im learning so for now I think Pro-ATCx will suffice. Thanks for the info guys, indeed helpful

Reading their free manual before i purchase tonight and am wondering how to deactivate the default ATC?

does ProATCx do the following?
                          • clear to IAF altitude
                          • hand off to tower
                          • vector to final
                          • permission to land
                          Last edited by oblongmushroom; 09Jan2020, 19:56.
                          Ro Faulk

Comment

• Windshear
                            Windshear commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes everything, aslso different approaches, RNAV etc. i think also it does pretty good vectoring jobs! I am quite impressed with PRO ATC X, it could use some tweaks,, and after using it for many years, I would like to have more features added, but it not only suffices, it enhances a lot. I don't fly online, because I want AI, and I am very satisfied

Originally posted by oblongmushroom View Post
                          how to deactivate the default ATC?
                          You don't have to. Just don't interact with the default ATC.

• clear to IAF altitude
                          Yes, PRO-ATC/X provides clearances to altitudes including all altitude limits on SIDs, STARs and approaches. Usually this works quite well, i.e. you are cleared to IAF altitude when approaching it. Sometimes however, PRO-ATC/X will keep you at a rather high altitude (e.g. last altitude limit on the STAR) until quite close to IAF and then it might be too late to descend in time. I always ignore it in these cases and just descend. But 95% of the time it works fine.

• hand off to tower
                          Yes, once you are cleared for final approach you are handed off to the tower controller.

• vector to final
                          Yes, when the last waypoint of the STAR is not the first waypoint on the approach, PRO-ATC/X will provide vectors. The same is true without a STAR when filing a route to any waypoint close to the destination airport, i.e. you will get vectors from that waypoint to final approach. You can also at any time ask for a direct to a waypoint further along your route and (if cleared) you will also get vectors.

• permission to land
                          Yes, the tower controller will clear you to land. This will however always happen on first contact with tower no matter how far from the runway you are, so not very realistic.
                          Last edited by Bianfable; 09Jan2020, 22:58.
                          Fabian Machate

Comment

will do some research and possible try proATCx tomorrow.
                            voice activated correct? need to verbally practice radio coms! kinda what attracted me to Pilot2ATC
                            Ro

PATC is not voice activated & does not use TTS like P2A & VOX.
                            cheers
                            john martin

Comment

PRO ATC X is maybe the best choice, but it has still issues and some workarounds are needed, mainly in the approach phase, also caused by some not correct instructions in the related Navigraph AIRAC files (altitudes). However, its development seems to have stopped 2 years ago, no news ever since and if you write for support in the forum, everything that does not work is your fault... I tried Pilot2ATC, but I don't know why it's heavy on my laptop client computer and, more important, I don't like the TTS voices, far from the sound of the real ATC and with only a couple different voices, otherwise it will cost you an arm and a leg...
                              James Goggi

Comment

• vadriver
                                vadriver commented
                                Editing a comment
                                but if you use PATC which has an incomplete sound file inventory (missing sector names / callsigns ) & needs phonetics, how is that ........

Thanks guys, extremely helpful information!
                              Ro Faulk

Comment

purchased ProATCx and received nothing but a receipt! been duped!
                                Ro Faulk

Comment

Send a ticket at their site in the tab called "support/Email" they will get back to you in no time.

Kind regards
                                  Mattias Nordgren

Comment

Originally posted by PAINMAN View Post
                                    Send a ticket at their site in the tab called "support/Email" they will get back to you in no time.

Kind regards
                                    thanks did that, just waiting now
                                    Ro Faulk

Comment

all sorted out now, now more to learn!
                                      Ro Faulk

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Kind regards
                                        Mattias Nordgren

Comment

Thanks Mattias, They have a good moderators over there that got thing moving.

went through the basic tutorial last night and it was so cool to hear real voices on a flight! nothing is perfect but the immersion with PROATC is great.

I did notice the ATC trying to keep me at FL330 even at my last way-point?
                                          Last edited by oblongmushroom; 12Jan2020, 19:59.
                                          Ro Faulk

Comment

I did notice the ATC trying to keep me at FL330 even at my last way-point?
                                            Expect headaches for the approach phase...
                                            James Goggi

Comment

Working...
                                            X