Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[02MAR19] Help us get the word out: We are no longer present in the AVSim forum system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[02MAR19] Help us get the word out: We are no longer present in the AVSim forum system

Captains,

Last week when we announced that we were finally opening our forum here, I also mentioned that our goal was to support our new and old forums simultaneously in order to ease the transition for customers who have become used to visiting us at avsim during the past twenty years.

One of the things I always loved about AVSim was that we had a convivial relationship with the moderators. You can imagine that I was (or wasn't, depending on your point of view) surprised that our entire team of moderators was unceremoniously dropped and the PMDG forum dismantled in spite of our public support of avsim during this transition.

I have put word out to the PMDG moderator team that we are no longer participants in the AVSim forum system, effective today.

It would mean a great deal to us if you all would help to be sure that folks know where we went. I have left a note as such, but given how we have been treated there for the past 18 months- I highly doubt it will remain visible for long.

Thanks, everyone- point your fellow simmers to our new location. Lets keep going what we started twenty years ago. Onward. Upward!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

I'll take care of United Virtual for you. New site is looking good!

Sr. Capt., T, R, N, W1, W2, W3

Comment

Good grief... My only concern however, is if PMDG no loner has moderator status on the AVSIM forums, will they be able to transfer the existing PMDG forum content to this new host? Perhaps I miss-understood and that was never a goal?
      V/r,
      Al Jordan | KCAE
      Simming Since: Sublogic - Flight Assignment: A.T.P.

Comment

Originally posted by jordanal View Post
        Good grief... My only concern however, is if PMDG no loner has moderator status on the AVSIM forums, will they be able to transfer the existing PMDG forum content to this new host? Perhaps I miss-understood and that was never a goal?
        This was never the goal
        Chris Makris (Olympic260)
        PMDG Technical Support

Comment

To be honest pretty much the only reason I ever went to AVSIM was to use the PMDG forum anyway.

Since the death of Tom that place has changed DRASTICALLY. I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone - I wish them the best. I'm thankful for this new chapter in the life of PMDG.

Cheers!
          Jordan Collins

Comment

Originally posted by fakeflyer737 View Post
            that place has changed DRASTICALLY.
            not to the better
            i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
            Marc Ehnle

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
              our entire team of moderators was unceremoniously dropped and the PMDG forum dismantled in spite of our public support of avsim during this transition.

TBH they probably did us all a favor. PMDG won't have to juggle an online presence in multiple locations anymore, and we customers will have no real incentive to check back to see what is still being discussed over at AVSIM.

​​​​​​

Matt Smith

Comment

"unceremoniously" is sure a polite way of saying it.
                Kyle Weber

Comment

Originally posted by Ephedrin View Post

not to the better
                  Someone pay for a good bourbon or two and I will tell you stories.
                  Robert S. Randazzo
                  PMDG Simulations

Comment

Posted about this over at Aerosoft. As you noted Robert, they're good friends and the post is now pinned at the top of the General section.
                    Last edited by FlyingFed; 02Mar2019, 20:31.
                    Herman Ross
                    ATP-ASMEL, G-1159; Comm-ASES; CFI-ASMEI

Comment

Thanks, Herman!
                      Robert S. Randazzo
                      PMDG Simulations

Comment

Posted on Mutley's Hangar
                        Neil Ward

Comment

Thanks, Neil.

Robert S. Randazzo
                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Glad to move and well done the team for getting the new Form up and running. I only visited Avsim for the PMDG Forum so only require to come here now.
                            Bill McLauchlan

Comment

Bill,

Me too.
                              Robert S. Randazzo
                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

I still love you both, estranged brothers you may be, but I intend to spend equal times in each forum as long as I am treated with respect.
                                Russell Gough
                                Daytona Beach
                                USA
                                Current PMDG Aircraft owned :
                                747-400 747-8 777 737 600/700/800/900

Comment

I'll bring the bourbon and a couple of stories of my own - probably not on the same scale, but fun, and with screenshots, too.

EDIT: Signature not showing. Will check and advise.

EDIT II: And there it is... as a result of my first edit. Whatever works...
                                  Alan Ampolsk

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Alan_A View Post
                                    EDIT: Signature not showing. Will check and advise.

EDIT II: And there it is... as a result of my first edit. Whatever works...
                                    With this forum, it appears as though signatures don't show up when you make the post initially. When you refresh, it'll show up.
                                    Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                      With this forum, it appears as though signatures don't show up when you make the post initially. When you refresh, it'll show up.
                                      They are showing for the other users, not for the poster when he submit the post.
                                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

I have submitted that to VBulletin as a report. I'll report back...
                                        Robert S. Randazzo
                                        PMDG Simulations

Comment

Most likely one (or a combination) of two things:

- caching
                                          - a lot of this version of vBulletin's content is pre-loaded in the background for speed

So until you refresh and pull a new copy back, you may not see the changes (editing posts etc are exempt from that for obvious reasons)
                                          Trevor Hannant

Comment

I left a post about the move, on AVSIM in the FSX-FSX-SE forum, but it has disappeared. I see there is an admin message advising of the move though.
                                            Andrew Gold

Comment

Let us all welcome to the new house then.

The official PMDG forum at AVSIM has become a user-to-user forum, which is good considering the large amount of information that those posts contained. How many questions I resolved only by consulting old and already answered posts.

From now on we will continue here. The impression is that we are now "more at home".

I wish you success, and more and more planes to come, to further populate this forum.

Best regards
                                              Cristiano Mueller
                                              Best regards
                                              Cristiano Mueller

Comment

Content is still there though. It is just converted to a user to user forum now moderated by AVSIM.

Bill Barrette
                                                Bill Barrette

Comment

Next time I am up there I'll metro to King St and meet you downstairs at Joe Theismann's and buy you one.
                                                  Eric Fisher

Comment

Eric,

Theismann's. Ugh. The pure-bred local in me has a hard time not viewing that place as a tourist trap with mediocre bar food and over-priced swill beer.

But I will always have a soft spot for them because back when MH370 went missing, I had posted in our forum that we would appreciate folks not speculating on that accident in our forum over at AVSim. Someone at CNN got wind of the post because I mentioned that Capt. Sahari was a customer of ours, but I also mentioned that he was NOT a beta tester and in fact, didn't like us very much. Somehow, CNN interpreted this to mean that we knew him, and immediately flooded our lobby with camera crews trying to get me to do an on camera interview.

Our landlord put the building into lockdown, but not to be deterred, CNN posted people in the elevators, the lobby and all of the entrances while they called my office over and over again, terrorizing the poor receptionist with demands that I be made available to them.

I had a doctor's appoint to attend, but I was trapped in the building and certainly wasn't going to go into the parking garage as they were also keeping an eye on that location. One of my friends from an law firm in our building heard my plight (the CNN attack dogs were asking everyone if they knew me- it was very surreal) and she came by my office and said, "come with me."

She was friends with one of the chefs at Theismann's- and the whole restaurant staff helped to spirit me down a fire escape, through their kitchen and out the garbage/service entrance where The Lovely Dr. Randazzo was waiting with her car. Word is CNN hung around the lobby until almost 9p hoping I'd be caught trying to sneak out. By that time I was home, in my fuzzy slippers with the golden retriever curled up at my feet while I read a nice book.

On the very very rare occasion I meet a colleague there for lunch or a drink, I always tip well.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                                    PMDG Simulations

Comment

My Kentucky plant is only three miles from Buffalo Trace and Woodford Reserve. You want to meet me in Lexington, my treat at the distillery or somewhere else in that area.

Great to see you guys over here. AVSIM changed so much that I just left left in disgust.

Cheers!

Kev
                                                      Last edited by Kattz; 13May2019, 17:41.
                                                      Kevin Cummins

Comment

Theismann's.
                                                        .Ohhhhh thanks Robert, I was just eating my dinner when I read that and it caused me to picture that tackle from LT on Joe Theismann Dinner can wait now.

(Yes, some of us Brits have been watching US football since before that fateful Monday night)
                                                        Bill Casey

Comment

Kevin,

Wait... did you say distillery?

Lemme plug D-> KJVY into the GTN750 and see how long it will take to get there..........
                                                          Robert S. Randazzo
                                                          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Kevin,

Wait... did you say distillery?

Lemme plug D-> KJVY into the GTN750 and see how long it will take to get there..........
                                                            Yessir, plug in KFFT for GA or small corporate jet or KLEX/KLOU for Boeing, Airbus, etc, and I'll come get you at the FBO. Usually in the area every Thursday. Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, many others. You fly, I'll buy. PM me if you'll be in the area.

Regards,

Kevin
                                                            Kevin Cummins

Comment

Working...
                                                            X