Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[23FEB19] Weekend Update: The Future of FSX and P3D v3 development and technical support. Also some PBR update information

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by Billc View Post

One of the reasons I havn't yet made the switch to P3D is the lack of a valid EULA for me (and let's face it, the vast majority!), has this somehow changed or will be changing? This does matter largely due to my other reason for not having switched ….

My cost of change to P3D is quite significant (in my terms anyway) and the EULA risk element IS off-putting so any guidance in that direction would be most valuable.

I'd already decided that I wouldn't switch until there was a "killer reason" to do so. I don't get OOMs or performance issues so would the NG3 be that "killer reason"? With what we know of it so far probably not since the NGX is still hugely capable for my uses. A 757 would however DEFINITELY be a "killer reason" because there's never been a decent one.

EDIT: darned sig vanished again

Bill Casey
    Bill signature is there, it's not visible to the poster until he refreshes his post. Others see it OK.

Leave a comment:

• Billc
    replied
    Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
    Darrol,

Much has changed since 2012. Welcome to the future.
    One of the reasons I havn't yet made the switch to P3D is the lack of a valid EULA for me (and let's face it, the vast majority!), has this somehow changed or will be changing? This does matter largely due to my other reason for not having switched ….

My cost of change to P3D is quite significant (in my terms anyway) and the EULA risk element IS off-putting so any guidance in that direction would be most valuable.

I'd already decided that I wouldn't switch until there was a "killer reason" to do so. I don't get OOMs or performance issues so would the NG3 be that "killer reason"? With what we know of it so far probably not since the NGX is still hugely capable for my uses. A 757 would however DEFINITELY be a "killer reason" because there's never been a decent one.

EDIT: darned sig vanished again

Bill Casey

Leave a comment:

• CaptainGabe
    replied
    Congratulations on the forum, well deserved.
    I think it's great FSX and P3Dv3...production lines have been discontinued. I think it will encourage other developers to dedicate to using ALL of their time to utilizing 64bit possibilities. I think right now, developers are struggling to find the middle grounds to: "What can we put in both 32-64bit that can easily and time considerately be made possible for our project." Time is money, and developing for both was time consuming and limiting of resources. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Ausflight
    replied
    (If you listen closely, you will likely hear me using profanity in a loud voice when I discover that after many hours searching, it was something simple... It happens sometimes. )

Excellent news Robert and team looking forward to the update and thankyou to you and your team for all the hard work.Also Robert don’t grind you teeth it’s not good for them.😀
    Best Regards.
    Last edited by Ausflight; 28Feb2019, 05:46.

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
    Hi Chris,
    Cleared and then re-entered.
    But I still don't understand what the .jpg should be wrapped in.
    Richard,

Again you had multiple signature. I removed the extra one and you should be OK now.

Leave a comment:

• RichardMcDonaldWoods
    replied
    Hi Chris,
    Cleared and then re-entered.
    But I still don't understand what the .jpg should be wrapped in.

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardMcDonaldWoods View Post
    Hi Chris,
    You will see from my post that my banner is not appearing on my posts. I am failing to add something around my banner .jpg text. What do I have to do?
    Richard, It seems you are trying to add multiple signatures, I can see you have set Beta team signatures and normal ones. I suggest to go to your signature edit. Select everything in the edit box and delete them. Then follow the instructions on the below link to add only one picture.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

Leave a comment:

• RichardMcDonaldWoods
    replied
    Hi Chris,
    You will see from my post that my banner is not appearing on my posts. I am failing to add something around my banner .jpg text. What do I have to do?
    Last edited by RichardMcDonaldWoods; 27Feb2019, 09:20.

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by Saigon Heli View Post
    What better way to make my first post then to say thank you for years of enjoyment.
    Please do me a favor and set yourself up with a signature to automatically attach to your posts. That will keep you in compliance so that when we start enforcing the rules (which you read... up there at the top) you won't run afoul... Thank you

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by Cessna65 View Post
    It's nice to be part of this forum. Looking forward to the upgrades as they come. And it's always the simple stuff that slows me down. Ah, is the battery switch on?
    Please do me a favor and set yourself up with a signature to automatically attach to your posts. That will keep you in compliance so that when we start enforcing the rules (which you read... up there at the top) you won't run afoul... Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What better way to make my first post then to say thank you for years of enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• Cessna65
    replied
    It's nice to be part of this forum. Looking forward to the upgrades as they come. And it's always the simple stuff that slows me down. Ah, is the battery switch on?

Leave a comment:

• dlrk
    replied
    Well, I suppose that's answer. Guess I'll probably wind up getting it for the NG3.

Darrol

Leave a comment:

• rsrandazzo
    replied
    Darrol,

Much has changed since 2012. Welcome to the future.

Leave a comment:

• dlrk
    replied
    Previously, PMDG states that "at any time LM could change course and enforce their EULA prohibiting entetainment use", and for this reason user (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/3...eulas-for-p3d/) s of PMDG products did not have a secure investment. Now, PMDG has swung over to exclusive P3D development. What has changed? Are PMDG's products now solely for professional use? Has LM indicated to PMDG that their unofficial/wink/nudge system is permanent?

Darrol

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by dafyddp3d View Post
    Here's to the future with PMDG! Thanks for the update and good luck with the new forum!

Edit - my signature didn't appear on this post but was OK on the "test thread" (???)
    Edit 2 It's there now!!
    Looks like when you hit post, it doesn't show up. You have to refresh the page for it to show up.

Leave a comment:

• john
    replied
    Awesome news! Glad to see the legacy systems being retired to focus more on the future!

Leave a comment:

• dafyddp3d
    replied
    Here's to the future with PMDG! Thanks for the update and good luck with the new forum!

Edit - my signature didn't appear on this post but was OK on the "test thread" (???)
    Edit 2 It's there now!!
    Last edited by dafyddp3d; 25Feb2019, 16:52.

Leave a comment:

• Pedro Trindade
    replied
    Thanks for the update and congratulations on the new forum.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• cmakris
    replied
    Originally posted by erdemaslan View Post
    Congrt. with the new site.

We are waiting for the xplane in 777

Leave a comment:

• erdemaslan
    replied
    Congrt. with the new site.

We are waiting for the xplane in 777

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on 's reply
    Marc, just hit the tab key next time you get into the same situation. Had the same issue and that worked.

• MatthewS
    replied
    64bit only... good news!

Leave a comment:

• Jerdoo
    replied
    Can't wait to see the PBR update

Leave a comment:

• tcas
    replied
    Nice. Thanks .

Leave a comment:

• StarBlue
    replied
    Yay!!! Some of the PMDG beta testers will be glad to kill off the space three simulators are taking up on the ole hard drive. I might keep one around, I still have a few old addons that until there are better versions out for P3Dv4; I'll have to stick to FSX:SE. On that RSR, PLEASE for the love of all things Boeing....make a 767!

Jhan

Leave a comment:

• alexcolka
    replied
    Hello,
    Testing my first post in this warm new house. Many thanks for the updates and news! indeed great news, and wish the team the best success in any future development for both XPL and P3D platforms.
    Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• Akila
    replied
    super thanks for the update

Leave a comment:

• Aviationgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Dra View Post
    Testing my new account here...
    Waiting for PBR:
    tiger 05.jpg

Have this in the paint hangar queue....just waiting for the GO-PBR button to be pushed at PMDG headquarters.
    I'm half thinking (like I always do LOL) that I should start coding the RGB channels as if the PBR architecture is the same across all P3D, as I already "know" how to paint PBR from a previous project.
    This way I could post this paint (and possibly other metal beauties...look for posts by me at the "other" forum if your curious) shortly following the aforementioned GO button is pushed.
    However, given the history at PMDG to fully utilize the SDK, they may have some tiny internal mods that would render my work moot and I'd have to start all over again.

Either way....I suspect I won't get away with just slapping some texture mods in the red channel and popping these liveries out....so I'll most likely take the "I'll wait to see what PMDG did with PBR" option and save myself some work.

And seeing the news that the 777 will get PBR as well....this one may get the treatment too!
    tiger 06.jpg
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

Leave a comment:

• Raphael_Chacon
    commented on 's reply
    OMG, OMG...... Remarkable!
Working...
X