Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[08NOV19] Announcing PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmbaviator
    replied
    Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
    Camille,

To be clear: We did not say "free." We are taking $99.99 off of your purchase of NG3 when that product releases. If we decide to price NG3 at $99.99 then it will be free. If we price it higher, then you will only pay the additional.

But to answer your question, yes, you would need to make the purchase from PMDG at pmdg.com only.
    Ah gotcha, it's clearer now.

thank you

Leave a comment:

• rsrandazzo
    replied
    Camille,

To be clear: We did not say "free." We are taking $99.99 off of your purchase of NG3 when that product releases. If we decide to price NG3 at $99.99 then it will be free. If we price it higher, then you will only pay the additional.

But to answer your question, yes, you would need to make the purchase from PMDG at pmdg.com only.

Leave a comment:

• Cmbaviator
    replied
    If you purchase the NGXu before 31DEC2019, will you be automatically be able to have the NG3 for free or there is someting to do before the 31DEC2019

i didnt understand well this sentence ?

"* Discount will be awarded automatically to NGXu purchases made and redeemed only at www.pmdg.com only, at time of checkout during purchase of NG3 for MSFS."

Does that means that we can only get the NG3 for free on PMDG website only ?

Leave a comment:

• mighty747
    replied
    Thanks for this new 737. I did a short test flight and everything works fine! Can’t wait to see more airlines like TUIfly or Eurowings.

Leave a comment:

• Xiropillo
    replied

Ingo,

It doesn't stand for anything. When we decided that NG3 was going to be the brand name used for MSFS, we knew that we needed to rebrand the Prepar3D platform side.

We thought it best to go with letters, since using a number with it would be confusing.

When we played around with letters, NGXu just sounded good. It rolls off the tongue.

We have seen people guess, but at the end of the day- it was just something that looked and sounded good. Nothing more glamorous than that.
    Thanks for “satisfying” my curiosity Robert

Iñigo Bayo

Leave a comment:

• rsrandazzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Xiropillo View Post

Yes but that refers to "U" but I was wondering about "X" after FSX era.

Iñigo Bayo
    Ingo,

It doesn't stand for anything. When we decided that NG3 was going to be the brand name used for MSFS, we knew that we needed to rebrand the Prepar3D platform side.

We thought it best to go with letters, since using a number with it would be confusing.

When we played around with letters, NGXu just sounded good. It rolls off the tongue.

We have seen people guess, but at the end of the day- it was just something that looked and sounded good. Nothing more glamorous than that.

Leave a comment:

• PC Pilot
    replied
    Not sure you can compare two completely different aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• mighty747
    replied
    How is the performance of the NGXu compared to the 747 QOTS2?

Leave a comment:

• DDowns
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Graves View Post
    Just a quick question/long shot to the PMDG Team, have you considered or planned to include the 737-300/400/500 in an expansion in the future?
    Peter, I cannot speak for PMDG but I think it is safe bet that PMDG will not do a pre-NG B737 in the foreseeable future. The change in engines, automation and flight dynamics would require substantial development costs for a market that is probably less than an MD-11, which is another one they won't touch.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Graves
    replied
    Just a quick question/long shot to the PMDG Team, have you considered or planned to include the 737-300/400/500 in an expansion in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Right, but I mean, everybody knew the NGX as the NGX, even when they made it P3D V4 compatible, so I'm guessing that's why. Calling it the NGu might make it seem like an upgrade to the NG rather than the NGX.

Leave a comment:

• Xiropillo
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
    I'm guessing to indicate an upgrade to the NGX? Just a guess, mind you.

Iñigo Bayo

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Why still NGX and not NG as real aircraft series?
    I'm guessing to indicate an upgrade to the NGX? Just a guess, mind you.

Leave a comment:

• Xiropillo
    replied
    Good morning

Just a silly or curiosity question.

People is asking what the U means in NGXu but my question is, why X? As far as I know the X was added to almost all the addons when FSX came out.

Why still NGX and not NG as real aircraft series?

Monday reflections. Nothing else.

Enjoy your week

Iñigo Bayo

Leave a comment:

• kandress86
    replied
    Thank you PMDG, just got it (well a few hours ago) gonna take her out for a spin now! Can't wait to see MSFS 2020, It's gonna be fantastic.

Kris Andress - AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, GTX 1070, 16GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro. 737/747/777/DC-6
    PMDG_Banner_777_Pilot.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DDowns
    commented on 's reply
    That list is still changing. It will multiply after the paint kit is issued.

• mighty747
    replied
    Can we have a list of available liveries? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• wedge
    replied
    It's all very interesting I'll be getting it soon, first time I'm not purchasing directly as there is a lot going on right now for me. But hopefully I'll make it toward the end of the month or next month so I can get the NG3 later as I'm pretty interested in it as well. Especially since seeing PMDG going toward this new platform seems to show Microsoft has really learned from the past and that it's not FSW all over again

Leave a comment:

• signmanbob
    replied
    Mark,

Thanks for saying that- it is very much appreciated.

Same also to you Achmad.
    Robert, I have to agree, this NGXu is an outstanding aircraft. You and your team keep making them better and better with every new release.
    I love the new feel of this 737. It hand-flies beautifully and I can pull off consistent great takeoffs and landings because it is so rock-solid.
    It's well worth the money. I'm really enjoying it. It's really addictive.

Thank you,
    Bob Yunque

Leave a comment:

• rsrandazzo
    replied
    Mark,

Thanks for saying that- it is very much appreciated.

Same also to you Achmad.

Leave a comment:

• m8rk8
    replied
    The more I fly the NGXu I’m just thinking wow what great work.

thanks PMDG

Mark Austen

Leave a comment:

• Want2BFlyin
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob Ainscough View Post
    It suggests the NG3 will be available on the same day MFS is released to the public? To be honest, I wasn't expecting a full featured PMDG 737 (or anything) in MFS until 2022 or later ... perhaps I connected too many dots?
    It isn't very clear, but when I read that I took "that product" to be referring to the NG3 and not Microsoft Flight Simulator. However, it would seem that PMDG and Microsoft may have been in talks about Microsoft Flight Simulator, and what sort of capabilities it will have for complex aircraft simulations, and there is a possibility that the NG3 may be available on day one. I wouldn't bet on it, but it is possible. If Microsoft can work things out so that there are several high-quality aircraft add-ons available immediately when Microsoft Flight Simulator releases, that will go a long way towards speeding up how quickly people will consider shifting over to the new sim.

Leave a comment:

• ferdiiskandar
    replied
    Can't hold my self to post again here,

Okay it's not MAX, but still it's an amazing product. I've spend like 20k hours online and most of them using NGX.

Thanks guys, it's completely different aircraft, it's feels different, FPS is good, impressive HD VC, include RainMaker v2, EFB, customizable lighting etc. So just to point out that Im happy with the purchase.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Rob Ainscough
    replied
    Purchased and a big thank you to PMDG. However, I'm a little puzzled by this statement:

Upon release of the PMDG 737NGXu Base Package, we will offer, for a limited time, that purchasers of the new PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D will receive 100% credit on their purchase toward the purchase of PMDG 737NG3 for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that product releases sometime next year.*
    It suggests the NG3 will be available on the same day MFS is released to the public? To be honest, I wasn't expecting a full featured PMDG 737 (or anything) in MFS until 2022 or later ... perhaps I connected too many dots?

Cheers, Rob.

Leave a comment:

• richjb
    replied
    Robert and PMDG,

You're back on my Christmas Card list!

Kudos to you folks! Nice job. You really do put the "service" into "customer service"!

Now...off to the store!

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Leave a comment:

• rheinis
    commented on 's reply
    Keep strong buddy.. We will overcome this!!

• DDowns
    commented on 's reply
    Hope you get better quickly... and be sure to read the forum rules. Full name on all posts here.

• Aviationgeek
    replied
    Exactly
    Same as me lol great point man

Originally posted by rheinis View Post
    FSX user here ... notices there's a very big party going on at PMDG ... all P3D v4 users get the opportunity to fly the brand new PMDG NGXu as of right now and also get this way a discount on the PMDG NGX for MSFS ...

Suddenly realises for the very first time that his FSX setup - running beautifully after 10 years of blood, sweat & tears - is now actually going to be left behind soon.

He knew, of course. Still, it hits him ....

calls it a day, puts himself to bed and assumes the fetal position

Leave a comment:

• rheinis
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I guess you're right... Yeah, this is what I like about forums, always someone willing to cheer other people up. Thanks friend, seeing the positive side again!! 🙂

• adf
    replied
    Any word on if a freighter option for the NGXu will be included at some point?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X