Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[08NOV19] Announcing PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thank you, but no freighter?
    Regards from Cologne,
    Tobi

Comment

Hey Everybody,

Please be nice to one another. We are all simmers- and we are all here for the same reason.
      Robert S. Randazzo
      PMDG Simulations
      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Congratulations to this release and for the news! Exciting news! Means a lot more than you think
        If you already decide, you have much more knowlege about the new Flight Simulator than we actually know/think/guess.

But: Where are those cool third-party-addon integrations like GSX boarding, possible airline-sound-packages, "interaction" with cabin crew what we know from other developers?
        Why do you close your addons for those cool immersive options?
        Timm Rehberg
        Twitch Stream | V1 Simulations Blog

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
          Hey Everybody,

Please be nice to one another. We are all simmers- and we are all here for the same reason.
          I apologize for being rude-ish in my post above. I just got fed up by all those "we are entitled to get something because of....".

On a different note: I am super-excited to fly NGXu, thank you for all the hard work. NGX is my all-time favourite, mostly because it is a huge fun to fly a lot of short hops all around Europe for vRYR airline .

With kind regards, Jan
          Jan Vysoký

Comment

Jan,

Thanks! I wasn't singling you out- to be clear. Plenty of "Rob wagging a finger at" to go around in a couple threads here. LOL

Robert S. Randazzo
            PMDG Simulations
            http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Although I greatly value what you guys have done so far for the flightsim community, I have to disagree with you on one point:
              I am NOT excited for the new platform FS2020. I wouldn't be if it was any other platform.

Maybe this is my personal problem but I don't like too much change. P3Dv4 is working very well for me now, stable, performance is good and I don't see a reason to switch to something else.
              It's like everywhere else, new developments always bring the feeling that the customer now has obsolete soft-/hardware and needs to update even though everything works fine.

I already made the switch from FSX to P3D, basically bought all the planes a second time (yeah, I'm crazy... ) and now there is this implication that all of the PMDG development is headed to the FS 2020. So that kind of means that if I want to use PMDG aircraft in the future, I need to buy the new platform (which has to lead to a hardware upgrade on my PC eventually).

The truth is, I always want to own PMDG aircraft because in my opinion they are the best out there. That's why I never switched to X-Plane (no PMDG).
              I hoped the 737 MAX would be included initially on release, so now I have to evaluate what the new bird brings in his claws. My personal hype for the NG3 has shallowed out because of this.
              Fortunately, I am in a situation where I don't really have to think about every penny twice. It just has a bit of a bitter taste at the end because it is basically an upgrade for lots of money (again ).

Nevertheless, don't take this as a rant or whatever, I just wanted to share my view because I could imagine not being the only one feeling like this.
              I'm still looking forward to buying the NGXu (as I said, with PMDG you cannot pick wrong) and I'l guess I just have to see what the future holds for all of us.

In this manner, I want to thank you for all your products and I wish everyone

Always three green !

Fabian Sieber, Germany

Fabian Sieber

Comment

It's worth it! It's essentially a new plane. All the annoyances of the earlier model are gone such as the moire lighting effect.
                Jude Bradley
                System specs: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF Gigabyte Z390, RTX-2070, 32GB RAM Prepar3D V5 X-Plane 11.50

Comment

I think it requires a lot of guts to stop development for fsx, p3d and x-plane and to focus on FS2020. I think it's important to look towards the future, we can only be happy about that.
                  Yes a lot of us have invested heavily in p3d, but I'm more than happy to welcome the new flight simulator with all its benefits. Curious as to what you guys will come up with.

The way you handled this release is amazing. I will be buying this release, and I will see you guys in FS2020!

Congrats on the ballsy move!

Comment

I have several questions:
                    1)If I have 748 instaled and the old operation center,will I encounter some problems with NG3 or will NG3 effect my older addons from PMDG ?
                    2)So when we buy the aircraft for v4 we are getting it for
                    free when MS 2020 somes out?
                    STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

Originally posted by dikkeduif View Post
                      I think it requires a lot of guts to stop development for fsx, p3d and x-plane and to focus on FS2020. I think it's important to look towards the future, we can only be happy about that.
                      Yes a lot of us have invested heavily in p3d, but I'm more than happy to welcome the new flight simulator with all its benefits. Curious as to what you guys will come up with.

The way you handled this release is amazing. I will be buying this release, and I will see you guys in FS2020!

Congrats on the ballsy move!
                      No one is stopping the P3D V4 development, only the 32bit is no longer in development (FSX and P3D V1-V3).

we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines.
                      Stas Harchuk,

Comment

What about Prepar3D v5? v4 is at the end of its life having reached 4.5 unless LM surprisingly deviates from their long established product life cycle. I find it a bit odd to have that announcement emphasize v4 and MSFS2020 only, without any mention of future P3D versions. I understand that addon developers seem not to be permitted to speak about P3D releases in advance but it would be good to know if a purchase of the NGXu "for Prepar3D v4" will be limited to just v4 or if the license will also be valid on whatever and whenever-to-be-released unspecific future next major release of Prepar3D.

Edit: Ok, I've also had my coffee now and read the other announcement that development will solely be for MSFS2020 if I did not misunderstand it. Sad to read that announcement - it's true that P3D inherits plenty of FSX legacy issues (such as dynamic cockpit light always requiring hacks to the rendering pipeline) but I'm not sure leaving an established platform with all you've reached so far despite all those limitations is a wise choice. Other developers even managed to get the FPS up to an almost bearable level (not reaching X-Plane performance though). I would have wanted to see PMDG perform better in that field (plus dynamic cockpit lighting which would be availabel for NGXu only?), everything else was perfectly fine. I'm not convinced of MSFS2020 as it appears to be a "minimum viable product" thrown to market as a quick experiment. MSFS2020 really should be called MSFS2030 pre-alpha when it is released as it is highly unlikely they will be up to the high standard we currently have with P3D and XP and MS developers have already said in interviews they expect the product to take around 10 years to be "done".

TL;DR: If I did not misunderstand everything, the NGXu is dead right from the start. P3Dv4-only, no v5+ support (as for every other PMDG product as well), and going MSFS2020-only in a few months.
                        Last edited by EnQ; 08Nov2019, 11:03.
                        Daniel Neugebauer

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan_888 View Post
                          I have several questions:
                          1)If I have 748 instaled and the old operation center,will I encounter some problems with NG3 or will NG3 effect my older addons from PMDG ?
                          2)So when we buy the aircraft for v4 we are getting it for
                          free when MS 2020 somes out?
                          The new OC installes with the NGXu. The 747 works fine with it. I don't think that the old OC will work with the future way PMDG plans to handle updates, as they have said numerous times they plan to improve the update notifications because the old OC cannot handle them correctly.

2) no. You are going to get a credit of 99,99$ for the purchase of the NG3 in MSFS. The statement says the NG3 pricing will be along the 777 and 747, so I expect it around 130-140$.
                          i7-6700k, GTX 1080TI, 32GB DDR4 RAM @2666MHz, 4k
                          Marc Ehnle

Comment

After reading most of the comments, both here and on FB groups, I don't understand what all the noise is about the price?
                            Yes 100$ is not cheep, but even if NG3 will cost 150$, you still get 4(!), I don't count 900ER as different model then the 900, on 2 different platforms (37.5$ a model)

From my understanding, NGXu and NG3 are mostly the same thing, only that NG3 will use new features that MSFS has and P3DV4 don't (like the NGX is to the 737NG).

I hope that NGXu will receive the 600/700 and MAX expansions/updates
                            Stas Harchuk,

Comment

• squerble
                              squerble commented
                              Editing a comment
                              4 models? $100 is just for the -800/-900/-900ER base package. The -600/-700 will still need to be purchased as an expansion, as will the MAX (maybe).

Plus the NG3 price will be around $140-150 (inline with other products) so while there's still the credit towards MSFS version, there will still be additional outlay. We don't know if the NGXu expansions will also offer credit towards the NG3 expansions etc. For some people, it's too much; for others, they're happy to pay. It's an entirely personal thing.

• WarDog
                              WarDog commented
                              Editing a comment
                              P3DV4 800/900 = 2 models (900 and 900ER are the same for me) 100$
                              MSFS 800/900 = 2 models ( again 900 and 900ER are the same for me) lets say 50$ more (~150$ - 100$ from NGXu)

100$ for P3DV4 + 50$ (if the NG3 is 150$) -> 150$ for 4 models

If the NG3 is less then 100$ (not likely) the you get more then 4 models for ~150$ (base+ one expansion).

• squerble
                              squerble commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ahhh I see what you mean now. That said, the difference from NGXu > NG3 is likely to be less than that of NGX > NGXu from what I can see. Again, it's down to personal opinion on the price. I think I'll likely buy for P4D and enjoy it, plus I'm future-proofing an MSFS purchase.

Robert, I saw no mention of the improved LNAV system - I would guess this is still in development?
                            - Karl Brooker

Comment

Originally posted by squerble View Post
                              Robert, I saw no mention of the improved LNAV system - I would guess this is still in development?
                              yeah will the NGXu get the new LNAV /navdata update when it is finished? i want to see them proper radius to fix rnav legs!

Mike Teague - p3dv4.5 - B736 B737 B738 B739 B77L B77W B744 B748

Comment

Hi, what about the P-8 Poseidon version?
                                Thanks for any answer,
                                Fulvio
                                Amanlulo" class="bbcode-attachment thumbnail" alt="" />

Comment

Hi Robert:
                                  I am sorry to be so dense but after reading your post several times I am still confused on whether there will be a release for FSX. This sentence is what confused me:

"....... some users would want to enjoy NG3 in the FSX or P3D environments while waiting for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. Since our pricing model treats each simulation platform independently, and since the new MSFS development process would wind up having to be independent of the FSX/Prepar3D development process, this would put a large burden on our development process and a large cost customers to make the transition to the new MSFS at a later date...."

I am certainly one of those users on the FSX platform, and I own your NGX and T7 currently.
                                  I would appreciate your clearing this for me.

Thanks and best regards,
                                  Richard Messier

Comment

You guys also nailed the wing flex/animation/wobble this time. Excellent. Now it's just like XP's wing animation

Comment

PMDG must be some kind of a world wonder
                                      Last edited by Cocobellomann; 08Nov2019, 17:55.
                                      Josef Kolb

PMDG B737-600 to -900/747-400/747-8/777-200LR/777-300ER

Comment

Originally posted by silverheels207 View Post
                                        I am still confused on whether there will be a release for FSX.
                                        No, according to Robert's post, NG3 will *only* be released for the upcoming MSFS. And since his post also said PMDG is no longer developing for 32-bit sims, I think it's safe to assume this new NGXu will *not* be released for FSX.
                                        - Matthew Wilson

Comment

• Jude Bradley
                                          Jude Bradley commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Correct, No new releases for FSX.

Judging by some of the logic in this thread, it must be safe to assume that none of you have bought the newest maddog for p3dv4 from leonardo. I mean why would you pay for that? its just an update.

however, I am sure most of you did buy that airplane and praised the company all the way to the bank.

If people here cannot see that this is a HUGE comprehensive update to the original NGX which by today's standards......sucks....then you folks are as dense as a brick wall.

Another thing to ponder about befoer you complain about the 99USD, is the fact that you are getting a 99USD coupon on the NG3. so essentially, you're only paying 99USD for the NG3 AND your able to get a fully functional product with ti to keep you busy!

PMDG or any other developer has never done this before. GOOD GRIEF!!!!! Dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Matt kubanda

Comment

Late to the party here, but I have to admit that I have had to reread RSR's posts about three or four times to make sure I fully understand everything. There is a lot of information to unpack. I keep coming up with questions, only to have those same questions answered with a subsequent rereading of RSR's posts. I can't help but wonder if that is some of the source of some of the salt I've read in these threads, along with understandable disappointment from the X-Plane fans.

So if I understand things correctly:
                                          • The NGXu is essentially a ground-up rework of the old NGX for P3Dv4 with lots of new features from the NG3. It includes the -800, -900, and -900ER. -600, -700, and -BBJ and -BBJ2 included in future expansions. Future expansions may or may not include the MAX - still being decided.
                                          • The NG3 will be FS2020 only. It seems to be an entirely new development from the ground up, targeted for the new sim. It will also have a base package and some expansions. Exact details here have not yet been spelled out, and are probably not yet decided.
                                          • Spending the dough on the NGXu before the end of this year will merit a purchase credit of the same sum toward the NG3.
                                          Did I get all that right?

If so, this is really cool. I have seen a lot of the previews for FS2020, and they look amazing. I am actually thinking about selling my gaming rig and updating to new hardware as my Christmas present this year, so I will be future-proofed for this new sim. I am really excited to hear that PMDG is on board with FS2020. I think things in the world of flight simulation are going to get more exciting than they have ever been since FSX was released, close to 15 years ago now.

My birthday is next week, and I think the NGXu will be arriving in my virtual hangar then!

Fair skies and tailwinds on the continued march toward the NG3 and FS2020, PMDG! (On another note...I think I just drooled at the prospect of hopefully someday flying an updated QOTS in FS2020...I know, probably not even on your radar just yet.) 😂

EDIT - also wanted to add that I really don't understand the hostility of some toward PMDG moving to FS2020. Yes, I realize that means all the old P3Dv4 planes won't be available in the new sim right away. But I'm one of those people who keeps FSX:SE, X-Plane, and P3Dv4 all installed side-by-side on my rig. There are old planes in FSX:SE that I still enjoy flying, like the PMDG MD-11. These will probably never be available in newer sims, so I still keep the old sims around. I've got 2 TB of storage on my rig, and it isn't even close to full...and I have over 100 games installed there, along with tons of liveries and customizations for P3Dv4 in particular. If your pet plane won't be available in FS2020 just yet, why is it such a big deal to keep the old sims around and keep flying in those for a while? Storage is cheap these days.
                                          Last edited by orangebird; 08Nov2019, 19:37.
                                          Chris Parrott

Comment

Originally posted by wiss View Post
                                            Hi everybody! I would still like to fly for the moment the -600 and -700 of the older NGX, so, would there be any conflict if I have the -600, -700, -800 and 900 of the older NGX, with the new NGXu at the same time?
                                            No conflicts.
                                            Jude Bradley
                                            System specs: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF Gigabyte Z390, RTX-2070, 32GB RAM Prepar3D V5 X-Plane 11.50

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
                                              Hey Everybody,

In that vane could you please answer my question? FSX, yes or no? C'mon, just a few letters.
                                              Best regards,
                                              Richard Messier

Comment

Originally posted by silverheels207 View Post
                                                In that vane could you please answer my question? FSX, yes or no? C'mon, just a few letters.
                                                Negative. FSX doesn't have PBR capability, which is included in the NGXu.
                                                Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Originally posted by Woogey View Post
                                                  Good day gents,
                                                  This is my first post here, inspired by the 737, of which I build every day at the Renton factory. Just a question for Robert or any of you who have purchased the brand new NGXu release: Is there a P-8A Poseidon model with this version? If there is no military derivative, I will have to pass on this particular upgrade.

Let it be known, I would gladly pay $150 total, Or even $50 for a standalone military derivatives visual upgrade pack, that would include the C-40, P-8A, and the Wedgetail. The key phrase here being “Visual upgrade”. I would be perfectly satisfied if it was only a 3-D model, with zero difference to the flight and systems modeling.

Sincerely, Preston Martin
                                                  Agreed, would like to see at least the P-8A modelled in an update although getting a Wedgetail too would be pretty nifty (and would make up for the JS41 not coming over... )
                                                  Trevor Hannant

Comment

KATIE!!! BRING ME MY CREDIT CARD AND BAR THE DOOR!!!

Erik Olson
                                                    KPHX/KDVT

Comment

I'm ecstatic that PMDG released the NGXu for P3DV4 and is crediting our purchase price toward our purchase of the NGX3 for MSFS2020. That is a greatly appreciated offer I couldn't pass up. So. I purchased it right away. Unfortunately for me, I contracted a sore that's confining me to bed. So, I can't enjoy the NGXu until I'm all healed up (which likely will take months). But, I've got the discount toward the NGX3. :-) I've been viewing some videos to check out the features of the NGXu to hold me over. I may have to purchase a new gaming laptop to experience her myself. I'll check out the Black Friday and Veteran's Day sales. Thank you PMDG for your great offering. You always treat your customers and fellow flight simmers the best!

Chuck Rogers
                                                      USAF Retired
                                                      Last edited by Chuckers; 12Nov2019, 01:15.

Comment

• DDowns
                                                        DDowns commented
                                                        Editing a comment
                                                        Hope you get better quickly... and be sure to read the forum rules. Full name on all posts here.

omg ahhhhhh

Comment

FSX user here ... notices there's a very big party going on at PMDG ... all P3D v4 users get the opportunity to fly the brand new PMDG NGXu as of right now and also get this way a discount on the PMDG NGX for MSFS ...

Suddenly realises for the very first time that his FSX setup - running beautifully after 10 years of blood, sweat & tears - is now actually going to be left behind soon.

He knew, of course. Still, it hits him ....

calls it a day, puts himself to bed and assumes the fetal position

Robin Heinis FSX-SE (DX10)..PMDG MD-11/NGX/777/747.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok/ChasePlane profile pack)..the usual addons..PC specs: Intel i7 4790K ..GTX1080..16 GB..W7 64bit

Comment

Working...
                                                        X