Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[08NOV19] Announcing PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D v4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a surprise, I've waiting this for such a long time !
    Thanks PMDG -)
    Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)
    System: P3D v4.5, ASUS Maximus V Formula, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick
    Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, WDC 1TB, Arma Pixxel+ 27" Curve

Comment

Just out of curiosity, where does the Operations Center 2.0 install to? It launched when I installed the NGXu, but now I can't find it to run it again. My Start menu has an entry for PMDG Global Operations Center, but Windows can't find the executable file this is pointing to.

*Edit* Nevermind, I found it in AppData.
      Last edited by Want2BFlyin; 08Nov2019, 01:34.
      Tim Lincoln
      My YouTube Channel

Comment

I noticed the manuals are back...
        ww9908.png

Comment

Originally posted by TrentXWB View Post
          Does this mean NG3 will be only on MSFS2020 only? And NGXu is NG3 version of P3D? I'm so confused. I don't want to buy NG3 again For P3D.
          I guess that's one way to look at it. In any event, he did say that you could buy the NGXu before the end of the year, and get the purchase credit back for it once the NG3 is out, so not really sure you're losing much out of it, but I guess that's up to you.
          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Brilliant. Instant purchase - and enough to make this long time lurker finally post something!
            Chris Lowe

Comment

I just tried to buy it, but site saying stop, mulit charges, do not attempt to repurchase.. talk to an admin.. So I could not find anywhere to talk too anyone on the main channel.. So I came here.. I only clicked once and I only showing 1 737 NGXU in my cart yet its trying to say that I paying for multiple transactions ??

Comment

Wait....what? Man you guys got me so good! I was excited about the first news, then I went over to FSElite and read the release announcement. I had to read it twice...as I was in total shock! Thank you PMDG!
                Randall Coultas

Comment

PBR, Scimitar winglets, and much more.....very nice.
                  dBF4Il.jpg

CsDAId.jpg
                  Regards, Steve Dra
                  Click here to download my paints

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedBill36 View Post
                    I just tried to buy it, but site saying stop, mulit charges, do not attempt to repurchase.. talk to an admin.. So I could not find anywhere to talk too anyone on the main channel.. So I came here.. I only clicked once and I only showing 1 737 NGXU in my cart yet its trying to say that I paying for multiple transactions ??
                    support is at support.precisionmanuals.com

That way you can send info you might not want to put in a semi-public forum.
                    Kyle Rodgers
                    PMDG Developer Emeritus

Comment

THANK YOU!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding real time loading independent of ground services!!!!!!
                      Ryan Gamurot

Comment

Has there been any word on a paint kit?
                        Andrew De Forest
                        Ryzen 3950X | RTX 2080Ti | 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz) | Prepar3Dv5

Comment

Originally posted by TrentXWB View Post
                          Does this mean NG3 will be only on MSFS2020 only? And NGXu is NG3 version of P3D? I'm so confused. I don't want to buy NG3 again For P3D.
                          Yeah, I kind of had that "Oh crap!" moment too and thought I might have accidently purchased the NGX twice. This is how I understand it:

NGXu - for current P3D users (but different than NGX-it's an upgrade).
                          NG3 - for MSFS 2020 (with a limited time free upgrade from NGXu when it's released).

Hopefully this is correct . . . or else I made a big boo-boo. (Although the NGXu looks pretty nice. Just hoping to figure out some of the differences from the NGX.)
                          Will Thomas
                          KMDT - Flight Sim 1998 to Present
                          P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                          Aircraft Painter

USAF Veteran [Aircraft Electrician / Egress Tech]

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                            Want2BFlyin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I wouldn't expect the NG3 to be "free" when you get it for MSFS 2020. Odds are it will be priced somewhere above the $99.99 that you will pay for NGXu, so you will just need to pay whatever the difference is at that point (if NG3 is priced at $129.99, then you would just pay $30).

Thank you for this incredible aircraft
                          A big thank you to all who worked on the project.
                          I'm so happy the weekend can come.

Happy landings, Sebastian Schlotz

Comment

The recent proceedings by Robert is a humour in its own league, makes me like PMDG even more!!!
                            I’m holding off purchasing tonight only because it will keep me up all night, gotta work in the morning, however I will be purchasing tommorow first thing after work, Have been waiting for this one!!! Thank you Robert and the PMDG team for the hard work put into this, it’s very much appreciated!

Gerry Soulliere

Comment

Originally posted by adf View Post
                              Has there been any word on a paint kit?
                              It appears to be the same kit. Unless I’m missing something.
                              Will Thomas
                              P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                              Aircraft Painter

Comment

I don't know if it would be the same kit. Apparently it is a completely different model, and liveries for the NGX will not work on the NGXu. I would assume (I'm not a livery painter, so I could very well be wrong) that this means a different paint kit is needed.
                                Tim Lincoln
                                My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by PC Pilot View Post

I don't think so, but I could be wrong:

Originally posted by vscimone View Post

No, the models are completely rebuilt for the NGXu, and no original NGX liveries will show.
                                  Andrew De Forest
                                  Ryzen 3950X | RTX 2080Ti | 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz) | Prepar3Dv5

Comment

I downloaded the NGX 737-800/900 and it appears slightly different (I.e. no shadow layer) but it looks very similar. I plan to transfer a previous paint to the available kit to see if it lines up and how it loads with the NGXu version.
                                    Will Thomas
                                    P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                                    Aircraft Painter

Comment

Good day gents,
                                      This is my first post here, inspired by the 737, of which I build every day at the Renton factory. Just a question for Robert or any of you who have purchased the brand new NGXu release: Is there a P-8A Poseidon model with this version? If there is no military derivative, I will have to pass on this particular upgrade.

Let it be known, I would gladly pay $150 total, Or even $50 for a standalone military derivatives visual upgrade pack, that would include the C-40, P-8A, and the Wedgetail. The key phrase here being “Visual upgrade”. I would be perfectly satisfied if it was only a 3-D model, with zero difference to the flight and systems modeling.

Sincerely, Preston Martin
                                      Last edited by Woogey; 08Nov2019, 04:07. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Thanks for the moderate earlier stroke RSR. It’lol be purchased and then flown as soon as I land in MIA tomorrow night in the French voting machine from my current real world trip.

Ryan Spellman

Comment

Hi everybody! I would still like to fly for the moment the -600 and -700 of the older NGX, so, would there be any conflict if I have the -600, -700, -800 and 900 of the older NGX, with the new NGXu at the same time?
                                          Luis Donoso

Comment

Originally posted by Woogey View Post
                                            Let it be known, I would gladly pay $150 total, Or even $50 for a standalone military derivatives visual upgrade pack, that would include the C-40, P-8A, and the Wedgetail. The key phrase here being “Visual upgrade”. I would be perfectly satisfied if it was only a 3-D model, with zero difference to the flight and systems modeling.
                                            While I certainly believe that you would be satisfied with a purely visual model for military versions, I doubt the good folks at PMDG would be satisfied with that.
                                            Tim Lincoln
                                            My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by wiss View Post
                                              Hi everybody! I would still like to fly for the moment the -600 and -700 of the older NGX, so, would there be any conflict if I have the -600, -700, -800 and 900 of the older NGX, with the new NGXu at the same time?
                                              Please don't forget to include your full name on your posts, or in your signature, since you agreed to do that when you signed up on these forums.

Since the NGX and NGXu are completely different aircraft licenses, they will install side-by-side in P3D. At least they appear to do so when I installed the NGXu. I haven't actually had a chance to fly it yet (hopefully in the morning).
                                              Tim Lincoln
                                              My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Woogey View Post
                                                Good day gents,
                                                This is my first post here, inspired by the 737, of which I build every day at the Renton factory. Just a question for Robert or any of you who have purchased the brand new NGXu release: Is there a P-8A Poseidon model with this version? If there is no military derivative, I will have to pass on this particular upgrade.

Sincerely, Preston Martin
                                                I just checked the Ops Center and I did not see it for any of the NGXu liveries so I’d say no. However, someone may paint one in the near future and I imagine it won’t be long before someone paints a C-40 as well.
                                                Will Thomas
                                                P3D, X-Plane, FSX
                                                Aircraft Painter

Comment

Bravo, team! Bravo! A fantastic release and offer to future customers of the PMDG MSFS 737 line.
                                                  Joseph Chamberlain
                                                  Aircraft Dispatcher - UPS Airlines

Comment

Robert,Kyle and Chris, and other members of PMDG team.
                                                    I would would
                                                    personally wait for the Looong boy to get released(a.k.a MAX-10),before proceding withe the max series.Then we would have all series of MAX together...
                                                    Happily living for ever after in my hangar
                                                    STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

Comment

I downloaded the NGX 737-800/900 and it appears slightly different (I.e. no shadow layer) but it looks very similar. I plan to transfer a previous paint to the available kit to see if it lines up and how it loads with the NGXu version.
                                                      Well, of course they're similar! They're both a Boeing 737.
                                                      But I would assume, that since the models are different, you would need a new and updated paintkit to reflect the model changes.
                                                      Best regards,
                                                      --Anders Bermann--

Comment

• PC Pilot
                                                        PC Pilot commented
                                                        Editing a comment
                                                        For those of us who create repaints I was speaking of the layers involved.

It's not. I asked via support ticket, one will be released in a few days.
                                                      Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Really disappointed with the disdain you show towards your customers. First you virtually announce a cease in new products for any sim available right now, and then you drop a 99 dollar paid update. Its nice that you will take the 99 dollars off the ngx and max products, but lets not beat around the bush, its not going to be 25 dollars to get the whole thing in MSFS.

Perhaps this is all an exercise in seeing how fickle the community is by dropping your bombs in the first post and most people being disappointed by it, but now everyone is full of praise.

The biggest kicker is that you're charging 99 dollars for this update, it seems to be palatable for most that have replied, but you could have treated your customers with a bit of loyalty and respect by not charging so much for it.
                                                        John-Paul Cannon

Comment

Originally posted by CannonousCrash View Post
                                                          Really disappointed with the disdain you show towards your customers. First you virtually announce a cease in new products for any sim available right now, and then you drop a 99 dollar paid update. Its nice that you will take the 99 dollars off the ngx and max products, but lets not beat around the bush, its not going to be 25 dollars to get the whole thing in MSFS.

Perhaps this is all an exercise in seeing how fickle the community is by dropping your bombs in the first post and most people being disappointed by it, but now everyone is full of praise.

The biggest kicker is that you're charging 99 dollars for this update, it seems to be palatable for most that have replied, but you could have treated your customers with a bit of loyalty and respect by not charging so much for it.
                                                          Please stop moaning like a 10 year old. It is not some "minor update" but essentialy a new piece of software. Sure, I also think that 99USD is a lot. If you do not want to buy it, do not buy it. But please stop using these stupid "out of loyality and respect please sell us an update for 20 bucks" phrases.

Best, Jan
                                                          Jan Vysoký

Comment

Working...
                                                          X