Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

PMDG 767

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMDG 767

The A310 from Inibuilds is very good and that's the least we can say... and I wonder if it could give Mr. Randazzo the desire to make a B767 😀
    Cedrice Rive

Well apparently a 757 is in the works, and that would be getting very close to a 767 one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post
      Well apparently a 757 is in the works, and that would be getting very close to a 767 one way or another.
      I wouldn't get your hopes up. In his latest online interview RSR said rumours of a 757 were incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Hall View Post

I wouldn't get your hopes up. In his latest online interview RSR said rumours of a 757 were incorrect.
        Well that's a bummer, looks like our only hopes for decent 757 rest on Level-D then... 🤣

Comment

IIRC, it was more, the next aircraft hasn't been 100% decided internally, the 757 was just a tease.

IMO I think if PMDG stayed with Boeing's I would vote for a 767, Just Flight has the 757, QW has the 787 (if its still in development), yes I know neither will be PMDG level but I can't remember when the last decent 767 for the MS/LM side of flight sim.
          Joe Colehouse

Comment

• Kevin Hall
            Kevin Hall commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be the LevelD 767. Probably the best 767 on any platform but graphically very dated now.

Yeah I would love it if they would do a 757 and a 767.

I am not for the bashing of any company as they all have their reason for doing what they do. If PMDG decides to do either of the two it will be well received by the community.
          Regards,

Comment

I'd love so much to have a good in depth 767 for MSFS - the last good one was the Level-D I had in FSX.....which I do not fly anymore
            br,
            Alexander Wurz
            LOWW

Comment

• CDrive
              CDrive commented
              Editing a comment
              The initial release of the Level-D 767 was for FS2004.
              Just like the PMDG 747 (QOTS1) for FS2004 which was released for FSX later. I still have the DVDs in the back of a cupboard lol.

• Dr_Eddie
              Dr_Eddie commented
              Editing a comment
              You'd be surprised how good it still looks and handles. The big downside is the lack of memory that FSX can handle limits your flights to short ones. I still fly this bird regularly, and it is still excellent.

In its current state the inibuilds a310 doesn't have any failures and there is no cargo version, PMDG planes have failures and usually come with cargo versions. I will happily buy a PMDG 767.
            Amir Khanevadegi

Comment

787 is more likely...
              Peter Walsh.

Comment

How about we let PMDG finish what they have promised first before we start dreaming of future products. What’s on the line will take long enough.

Comment

• CCOBB2 RNAV
                  CCOBB2 RNAV commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This guy gets it lol

Hi all,

In my opinion, to finish the current lineup, the DC-3 is necessary...

DC-3
                DC-6

B737NG
                B744 & 8
                B777

Then : 737MAX & 787
                Flyin' Ace (I wish to change my PMDG nickname to flyinAce7c1, please), aka AlphaASierra, aka Alexandre SAGETTE

Comment

• jsmarko3
                  jsmarko3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Second the motion for a PMDG DC-3.

I'm no expert on Robert's Rules of Order, but I think RSR is now bound to deliver one because the motion carries and his name is also Robert.

Originally posted by AlphaASierra View Post
                Hi all,

In my opinion, to finish the current lineup, the DC-3 is necessary...​
                Flyin' Ace- There is a good and free DC-3 for your enjoyment in your MSFS hangar now. Just waiting on you to try it out
                Thomas Allensworth,
                KCRQ
                Carlsbad
                Cessna 310R and PMDG enjoyer

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasALW View Post

Flyin' Ace- There is a good and free DC-3 for your enjoyment in your MSFS hangar now. Just waiting on you to try it out
                  I know, but not at the PMDG level
                  Flyin' Ace (I wish to change my PMDG nickname to flyinAce7c1, please), aka AlphaASierra, aka Alexandre SAGETTE

Comment

The flightsim community's shocking disregard for the 727 is something that will be pondered and lamented for generations. The backbone of the aviation industry for 30 years. Mach .85, 42,000 foot ceiling and far better looking than all peers except for the 747 and maybe the L1011.
                    Regards,

Bob Quick

Comment

• Kevin Hall
                      Kevin Hall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It hasn't been disregarded. There were a couple of very good payware 727s including one for FSX and 32 bit P3D. The fact they never reworked the 727 for 64 bits but have had several goes at 757/767 sims says quite a lot. Maybe one day they'll do an MSFS version. When it comes to it, developers are first and foremost enthusiasts. If a dev group is enthusiastic about making a 727 then one will appear eventually.

Originally posted by StachM View Post

Well that's a bummer, looks like our only hopes for decent 757 rest on Level-D then... 🤣
                    I've been trying to stir up interest in the group, but it doesn't looks as if anything will happen. I'm desperate for a good 757/767 as well. Lots of resources available. Sorry.
                    Bob Klemm

Comment

• Vee One
                      Vee One commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s one of the reasons I have reinstalled P3D v4. I have Captain’s Sim B767 v2 (that I payed very little for), as well as PMDG’s and Quality’s Sim’s heavies.

Well, in any case the decision on what Boeing will be next is at least 12-18 months into the future in my opinion.

To survive as a software developer in this niche marked they need to keep their aircraft development cycles as far apart as they dare.

Not expecting their 777 series before spring 2023, and their 747 maybe early 2024. Their level of commitment to produce state-of-the-art, true-to-life simulations must be carefully balanced against their development cost and sales.

Anyway, I'm 53 years old, and this just adds to the excitement that PMDG will produce magnificent simulations for years to come.

I'm not in a hurry anymore.
                    Kind Regards
                    Morten Haughom
                    ATO TKI - ENTO -Torp, Norway.
                    GS66 Stealth 11UE, Intel [email protected], GeForce RTX 3060, DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB RAM. Tobii Eyetracker 5. Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke.

Comment

Bummer, why would RSR make such a big deal about plans to model aircraft that was on his desk? I remember in a video interview he waived a 757 model around insinuating one was in the works eventually. Why the back pedal now?

Angelo Cosma

Comment

• EasternT3
                        EasternT3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        From what I remember, all RSR said is the next aircraft isn't decided internally yet, so the 757 is still a possibility

Well, folks, this is why I will still be flying XP11/12 for a long time! And, as they say in North Jersey, "I ain't godda problem wid dat"! If you merely have both of the major sim platforms on your computer (hardly a financial stretch!), you can have every airliner that has been mentioned above; and if not to PMDG standards, then certainly close enough to please, to say nothing of for government work. Especially these days!

Tony Vallillo

Comment

The reality is that even the reiteration requires a lot of work, especially in the P3D → MSFS sense. Not to mention the work of updates, to maintain their products in platform changes.
                        The days of DVD-burning software are over (with just one version).
                        I don't regret that time at all, but if we had stayed at that time PMDG would certainly have had to do the whole Boeing family and maybe even others😎

Now a quick note about the 727, as beautiful as it is (although I love them all)
                        it was made for "only" 20 years compared to a 767 which was over 40 years old and it's still not finished, even the 787 didn't kill it completely.​
                        Cedrice Rive

Comment

UPS is upgrading the 757/767 with the 787 avionics. I guess they are planning to keep them around for a while.
                          https://www.aviationtoday.com/2017/0...ay%20screens..

Comment

Originally posted by rquick View Post
                            The flightsim community's shocking disregard for the 727 is something that will be pondered and lamented for generations. The backbone of the aviation industry for 30 years. Mach .85, 42,000 foot ceiling and far better looking than all peers except for the 747 and maybe the L1011.
                            Well not necessarily true rquick. There is a superb B727 pax and cargo for XPlane 11 by a payware designer. Just love it. Hope they also bring it to XPlane 12
                            Regards
                            Rob Grant
                            "Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia"

Comment

Originally posted by TH454 View Post
                              UPS is upgrading the 757/767 with the 787 avionics. I guess they are planning to keep them around for a while.
                              https://www.aviationtoday.com/2017/0...ay%20screens..
                              They're being delivered with the Collins Large Display System from the factory now for FedEx and UPS.
                              Bob Klemm

Comment

• Yoshua
                                Yoshua commented
                                Editing a comment
                                UPS has a lot of old 767's. Line 1280 was build in 2019 and was the first in 7 years.

• Yoshua
                                Yoshua commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Just to add to my last comment. It was the first new 767 for UPS in 7 years but they also have some that are over 20 years old and I don't think the new displays came till maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

All but cargo companies are phasing out the ageing 75/76. Along with many airlines continuing purchase of the 78, why do we have to continue to ask for archaic airplanes.

Comment

• Murf7413
                                Murf7413 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I don't know about you, but a lot of us like the "archaic airplanes"!!

Originally posted by jmarauder04 View Post
                              All but cargo companies are phasing out the ageing 75/76. Along with many airlines continuing purchase of the 78, why do we have to continue to ask for archaic airplanes.
                              Believe it not, some people actually enjoy “archaic” airplanes (witness PMDG’s DC-6, and the plethora of quality planes in the sim ranging from WWI-era biplanes to Cold War-era fighter jets). Further, some people like simulating cargo ops and the Seven Five/Seven Six airframes will continue in these roles for years to come yet. One of my best friends is a captain flying the 767 freighter for a very large cargo operator, as a matter of fact.
                              Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Great for your friend. However, as a business tactic, I don't think an outdated jet would have much growth. While they might be utilized irl, what future would they see in a sim. Which is has more of a reach to a younger user base. Why go back in time?

Comment

Great for your friend. However, as a business tactic, I don't think an outdated jet would have much growth. While they might be utilized irl, what future would they see in a sim. Which is has more of a reach to a younger user base. Why go back in time?
                                  Did you read my last post for more than just the comment about my friend? There is a LOT of demand for "outdated" and "archaic" aircraft in general, and plenty of demand for planes for all eras, airports and airfields from significant periods in history, and lots of customers with money to spend.

If you don't see that, you're really not paying attention.

Also, please sign your posts before a PMDG staffer removes them.
                                  Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

So, going by this, PMDG shouldn't bother with the 747-400?
                                    Connor McLeod

Comment

What are you talking about? They're still building brand new 767F's...
                                      Cheers,

John Tavendale

Comment

• Yoshua
                                        Yoshua commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        He said "All BUT cargo companies"........

• John Tavendale
                                        John Tavendale commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yes, but if they're still producing the airframe that hardly makes them 'archaic' And the final pax version was only 8 years ago.

why do we have to continue to ask for archaic airplanes.
                                      Because those are the fun ones. The 787 while looking nice is just... boring.

I much rather fly a 767/A310 than a 777 787 or an A350, we all have our preferences.
                                      NUNO PINTO
                                      CPU: Intel Core i5 13600KF 5.4Ghz MAX · RAM: 32GB GSkill 6000 32-36-36 · GPU: nVIDIA RTX3080 Ti · SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · Kioxia Exceria G2 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREESYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS · Windows 11

Comment

The LevelD forum moderator said back in April 2020 that they had no planes for a 767 update for P3Dv5 or MSFS . So that is not an option anymore. levelD has not had an update since 2017. So don’t hold your breath. The PMDG 787 would be a huge hit I’m my opinion.
                                        Paul Gugliotta
                                        13900K CPU - 4090 GPU

Comment

Working...
                                        X