Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

MSFS SU10 is out - Is this what we were waiting for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSFS SU10 is out - Is this what we were waiting for??

WASM
    • Added a new sample about how using Terrain/Weather API
    • Implemented Terrain/Weather API
    • [Beta] Added a Visual Studio Debugger Extension which improves Wasm Debugging (Especially inspecting callbacks)
    • Implemented trigger_key_event_EX1 to trigger key events with mutilple arguments (See documentation for more information)
    • Fixed reloading of standalone WASM modules after sign-out / sign-in

Source: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...date-10/543606

Very impatient to discover if and how much improvements come for PMDG from this!
    Sorry if overreacted here 😅

Cheers everyone!

Gabriele Perica
    Gabriele Perica
    Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy

I am curious for DX12. And if i understand the patch notes correctly, the weather map api for wasm will work now, so we can expect a working weather radar soon?
    Marvin Rudolf

Comment

• PositiveZero
      PositiveZero commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be aware of these release notes about DX12 in SU10:

Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator.

DirectX 12 support is currently in development and can show performance and GPU memory utilization regressions compared to DirectX 11. Due to higher GPU memory consumption, the simulator may be oversubscribing memory, which negatively impacts performance. Lowering graphics settings can help avoid this situation in DX12.

• GermanSimPilot
      GermanSimPilot commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew why i bought a RTX 3090

From my understanding the weather api given by Asobo is not suitable for a proper weather radar
    Joe Colehouse

Comment

The release notes indicate that the G1000 NXi has added weather radar, so should be able to see what the weather radar looks like with it.
      Charles Vomacka

Comment

You folks are going to start using DX12 and run around on forums complaining about CTD's which will be cause by excessive GPU memory usage. Good luck with all that.
        Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
        I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

Comment

• b3lt3r
          b3lt3r commented
          Editing a comment
          I've had similar CTDs with DX11 and DX12 on SU10. Why use DX12 without the GR driver available yet? Because finally I can pop out 3 instruments to a separate screen and see next to zero framerate hit. Hopefully Nvidia don't break what already kind of works when they ship the driver.

DX12, FENIX, PMDG, Ultra 4k, AI traffic, running 50 fps VC and exterior at Ultra. DLSS does have some ghosting, reverted to TAA for now. I was on the SU10 BETA for about a month also. Aircraft and sim worked really well!
        Angelo Cosma

Comment

I know I am thick at times, but am I missing something?? Is SU10 different from world update 10?? If so, I don't see where to download SU10... 😕
          Brian Murphy FSX- 747-400 / MD-11 / MSFS DC-6/ 737-700

Comment

Originally posted by Murf7413 View Post
            I know I am thick at times, but am I missing something?? Is SU10 different from world update 10?? If so, I don't see where to download SU10... 😕
            World updates are optional which you download from the marketplace. Sim Updates are mandatory, so they download and install automatically when you load the sim
            Joe Colehouse

Comment

• Murf7413
              Murf7413 commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL.... I thought I was confused... Thanks Joe!!!

For an authoritative explanation of how SU10 impacts the 737 family, see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-KUJ1NBks

Basically the a/c works fine, but don't hold your breath waiting for weather radar. The current API is rudimentary at best and does not provide access to a realistic 3D representation of in-sim precipitation. Although I don't think it's mentioned by Emi in the video, there's also no way to account for radar beam attenuation, an important factor that needs to be taken into account when interpreting weather radar images IRL.
            John Wiesenfeld - KPBI
            PPL/IFR, VATSIM C1 (ZNY)

Comment

• Emi
              Emi commented
              Editing a comment
              I would assume that it's possible for a developer to develop a custom code to simulate attenuation based on a 2D image, thus I didn't mention it. Even though it would be a pity for every single developer to have to do so...
          Working...
          X