Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

Pay Attention to this PMDG

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay Attention to this PMDG

In these photos it is visible that in a real Boeing 737 cockpit the glareshield is way bigger , and have a bulge visible just above the displays, this is not implemented in pmdg for MSFS, as a result of which a feeling of incorrectness about the geometry of the cockpit in this area pops up, also this part is also modeled in Zibo 737 in Xplane. Please Pmdg look at this and make some decisions .
    the meaning of this post is only to improve the product, there is no hidden hatred or dislike here, we your customers can help you find some jambs and so that the product becomes better and better.
    dataurl594017.png

Jacob Aniston
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FlyforLife; 05Aug2022, 02:08.

Love the tone of this....
    Trevor Hannant

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX960
    RAM: 32Gb

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorHannant View Post
      Love the tone of this....
      So do we.
      Vin Scimone
      PMDG Simulations
      http://www.pmdg.com/

Comment

Haha! Lovely 😂
        Christoph Linden

Comment

People really try and find any little thing to complain about…
          Taylor Hamilton

Comment

• FlyforLife
            FlyforLife commented
            Editing a comment
            well it's not little thing , it's a very big part of the feeling of entire geometry of the 737 cockpit.

Not to shoot this down as incorrect but I can't see anything in any of the screenshots except for the Zibo one.
          Niklas Graefe
          MSFS | 737-700 | i9 9900K 5 GHz | Corsair 32 GB | RTX 3090 24 GB | W10 | HP Reverb G2

Comment

Originally posted by threegreen View Post
            Not to shoot this down as incorrect but I can't see anything in any of the screenshots except for the Zibo one.
            there you can see the real cockpit glareshield just above pfd
            Attached Files
            Last edited by FlyforLife; 05Aug2022, 02:08.

Comment

That is a really minor thing to be fair. While every opinion is considered, PMDG have more things they are working on and fixing up first regarding the flight models and systems still as well as the development of other aircraft. Maybe they can get that small item fixed, but it won't be done anytime soon.

Just a suggestion and nothing to go against you, but perhaps you might want to put a little more thought on how you introduce your topic in your title a bit better. The PMDG team will most likely not take it very well and will consider it as a "But my issue is more a priority than others" and they already talked about how they tend to just glance over these types of posts.
              Last edited by sergio8234; 04Aug2022, 20:07.
              Sergio Gutierrez

Comment

All I can say (and trust myself to say) is "wow"...

Kent Valentine
                Last edited by Colokent; 04Aug2022, 20:14.

Comment

Dude's over here doing photo hunt...
                  Matthew Glanden

Comment

So the guy wants some extra glare shields in his virtual cockpit? With all the weird stuff going on with reflections and shadows in MSFS's complicated lighting system, I think that's just about the last thing I'd want to add to an already-complex geometric 3D modeled-space.
                    Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

Originally posted by thamilton22 View Post
                      People really try and find any little thing to complain about…
                      I'm sure this missing little blob throws the whole weight out of balance. I'm surprised the aircraft even flies level without excess control input. In fact I'm surprised it doesn't fly upside down.

Mike

Comment

Is this a new "Battle of the Bulge"?

Seriously, the things that trigger people...
                        David Porrett
                        Sea Pilot
                        CPL, ME, CFI, IFR
                        Mooney M20M (G500/GTN)

Comment

Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Jerrivel R

Comment

Always entertaining here...IBTL.

767-400 please.
                            PMDG Cultist...Chris Honke (CYYZ)

Comment

• DrVenkman
                              DrVenkman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Your dedication to your cause is admirable. #Salute

• NegativeApproach
                              NegativeApproach commented
                              Editing a comment
                              DrVenkman, he will never stop. Peace on the Korean peninsula for sure will appear before that

The tone of the OP is certainly off, I completely agree, but are you sure he is a native speaker ? Maybe there is some kind of language barrier..could at least be,right ?
                            But about the issue itself: What is wrong with his observation to treat it like that? Is his observation less legitimate than others only because you personally dont care about this very detail ? Because you dont care you are entitled to ridicule it ? Really ? This attitude of many has always bothered me in this forum to be honest.
                            Maybe there are different versions of the glareshield in different generations of the NG and the issue is no issue actually. But maybe not, and how many details like this have been finally fixed by PMDG based on users observations, making the product better and better ?

Manolo Ruiz Carrió

Comment

• FlyforLife
                              FlyforLife commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you for understanding me

• sergio8234
                              sergio8234 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I did note that which is why I mainly say "nothing against you" because in the back of my head I was thinking maybe English is not their first language, in which I tried to at least say, "Hey, the way you presented it may not be taken to heart from PMDG". Just a heads up for the OP

Well, this is the reason I will not upgrade to MSFS and buy the 737. I expect 1000% accuracy. How dare they! Thank You OP for saving me thousands.
                            Paul Gugliotta

Comment

While we're at it, the safety wire on the left MLG trunnion is lacking the required twists per inch, and there is no identification stamp on the lead PBE seal in the fwd coat closet.
                              -Scott Brandenburg.

Comment

At my workplace I know every little detail. I sit there 40 hours a week, it‘s always the same. (My phone wants to write „sane“ all the time.. signs…) I notice it immediately when something is just a little different.

When a pilot sits in his seat for hours and all he has to do is do the same fuel calculations over and over again he starts to look around and count the rivets in the window frames and the screws in the overhead. He knows this bulge, maybe very personally, maybe it‘s an eyecatcher when the sun comes from the rear left and he‘s sitting back relaxing. If such a tiny detail misses from the 3D model there is something off at first and then, once you know what it is, it can‘t be unseen anymore. Like that small scratch in your expensive kitchen counter.
                                Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                Marc Eland
                                GFO Beta

Comment

PMDG bullies at it again I see.
                                  Peter Walsh.

Comment

Ok time for a lock.... OP should report this via the normal channels, ie via ticket if he wants it to be documented. Topic closed....
                                    Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                    PMDG Technical Support
                                    http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Gents,

I'm having a hard time understanding why so many felt it was important to pile on here in the manner that they have.

Yes- I think we can all agree that the OP's tone, intentionally or otherwise, is a bit prescriptive- and yes, my first time reading through the tone completely overrides the message and naturally causes me to disregard the message.

But- when you do this long enough- you read it a third time and ignore the tone to see if the message is valid- and yes- it is.

You'd be amazed how many tiny details you can miss in a masive project like this. Might we misplace a screw here or there? Sure.

Detail is a fickle thing. The only ones who will scream about what is easy or obvious are those who have never done the work. They clearly don't understand the importance of good feedback and the value of having a community like ours that can provide feedback and appreciate the work-feedback-improvement loop through which we improve our products.

There is no need to be pouncing upon one another about "that is unimportant." Just because it may not be something you noticed doesn't mean it isn't important to another user.

Please don't argue about the flavor of the color blue.
                                      Robert S. Randazzo
                                      PMDG Simulations
                                      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

Working...
                                      X