Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[08JUL22] PMDG 737-700 Updated to 3.00.0025 - plus a few other tidbits for the weekend!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[08JUL22] PMDG 737-700 Updated to 3.00.0025 - plus a few other tidbits for the weekend!

Captains,

Hello and once again, Happy Friday. Today we have a few items for you to kick off the weekend!

PMDG 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator Update 3.00.0025:
    The first is that we have just pushed a new update for the PMDG 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This update brings us to build 3.00.0025 and introduces a number of cleaning-up details that have been the focus of the development team's attention span. While we are busy at work with final testing on the the 737-600, implementing final rounds of changes for the 737-800 and new EFB implementation across the entire 737 fleet, we are also continuing to clean, polish, fix, adjust and improve the 737-700. This update brings you an accumulation of things that are detailed in the change list below.

One big change with this update that is very important to note is that we have updated the 737 to include a new ground steering model that more tightly integrates the 737 into MSFS. It is important to note that this will require anyone with a tiller input assigned to update your control settings- so please be advised! Previously we were using the PROP1 axis in MSFS controls to provide tiller inputs, but effective with this build the 737 will accept tiller steering inputs only from the NOSE WHEEL STEERING AXIS input in the MSFS control menus. (This is about a 10 second change for you to make, so it is very easy!)

Coincident with this change, we have re-implemented proper pedal steering for users who have both a tiller and rudder axis assigned in their flight controls. The rudder pedals will now give you proper steering +-7 degrees while the tiller will provide gross steering inputs to the full range of the airplane's capabilities. We have also found the portion of our yaw control logic that was preventing gamepad users from enjoying a satisfactory experience, so those users will now find that their gamepad rudder inputs work as expected with the 737. (This took a bit longer than we had hoped, so thank you for your patience!)

Also under the hood we continued with our usual process of efficiency improvements and updates. You may notice items we haven't listed here, as the 737-700 benefits from the continued development on her sister products coming down the pipeline.

To update to build 3.00.0025, simply run the PMDG Operations Center, then click Aircraft and Liveres, then Product Updates. You may need to press the blue CHECK NOW button at top left if you aren't already seeing the activated update button. That is all there is to it!

Change List for 3.00.0025
    0011293: [General - Documentation] Incorrect Switch illustrated for TO/GA (hvanrensburg)
    0011420: [General - Unsure] Cockpit control knobs not working with mouse correctly when using PMDG mouse interaction (hvanrensburg)
    0011476: [Main Panel - MCP] HDG SEL and LNAV buttons illuminated at the same time (emvaos)
    0011208: [FMS/AFDS - LNAV] Holding Entry when within 3 minutes ETA from fix (emvaos)
    0011532: [General - Documentation] Typo error in the tutorial (hvanrensburg)
    0011481: [External Model - Geometry] Seats textures issues after 3.00.0024 update (jbrown)
    0011311: [General - Unsure] Paintkit: Right side overwing exit gray outline is missing (jbrown)
    0011539: [Systems - Lighting - Exterior] Beacon reflection in Engine inlet (jbrown)
    0011525: [AFDS - General] Dual channel approach nose up trim magnutude at 400ftRA needs adjustment (emvaos)
    0011303: [AFDS - Roll Modes] Non-damping Left/Right roll excursions in cruise (emvaos)
    0011506: [FMS - Route/Legs Pages] RWY Dashed Lines should not be present without departure airport entered (emvaos)
    0011415: [FMS/AFDS - VNAV] SPD INTV should result in FMC SPD FMA not MCP SPD (emvaos)
    0011516: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Cabin can be seen from VC on specific position (jbrown)
    0011288: [General - Flight Model] Rudder operation with XBOX controller not possible (rsrandazzo)
    0011355: [Systems - Wheels & Brakes] Nosewheel Animation and Aircraft turning behavior not in sync with Rudder pedal steering (rsrandazzo)
    0011350: [Systems - Wheels & Brakes] Move tiller steering input to new (SU9) Nose Wheel Steering input (rsrandazzo)
    0011521: [External Model - Geometry] Floating bolts/nuts in nose gear bay (jbrown)
    0011518: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Speed Brake Handle Textures are Blurry (vscimone)
    0011494: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Inside of stab trim cutout guards should be red (vscimone)
    0011503: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Rudder trim off flag missing (vscimone)
    0011514: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Oxy. Press. needle does not illuminate with overhead backlighting (vscimone)
    0011499: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Placard missing from back of jump seat (vscimone)
    0011488: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] 'ENGINE START' missing from overhead panel (vscimone)
    0011486: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Space missing between R and WIPER (vscimone)
    0011490: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Floating decal text on fuel control levers (vscimone)
    0011491: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Engine 2 fire handle floats when pulled (vscimone)
    0011492: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Glareshield document holder lacks visible bottom (vscimone)
    0011496: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Text remnant to the right of "AILERON" (vscimone)
    0011498: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Dots missing from crew oxygen pressure gauge (vscimone)
    0011493: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Lines missing from cabin pressure gauge (vscimone)
    0011487: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] 'NORMAL' missing from overhead panel temp control panel (vscimone)
    0011501: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Pass oxygen guard should be safety wired (vscimone)
    0011497: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] + missing from cargo fire panel (vscimone)
    0011505: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] AO spots on ACP panels (vscimone)
    0011495: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Text on yoke is crooked (vscimone)
    0011483: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Aux Fuel Panel shows pasrt of the Nose Wheel Steering Panel on BBJ (vscimone)
    0011446: [External Model - Liveries] Injestion Warning Decal (jbrown)
    0011447: [External Model - Liveries] Gaps in Left Side Injestion Waring Line (jbrown)
    0011434: [External Model - Liveries] Texture Mapping. Element Moves Depending on viewing Angle (jbrown)0011521: [External Model - Geometry] Floating bolts/nuts

PMDG 737-600 Development Update:
    We have been taking a bit longer with the testing process of the 737-600 because we elected to use it as a "mule" for testing the new PMDG Lateral Flight Path model. This testing is going exceedingly well, and while it is causing the 737-600 to slide to the right on the calendar, we are just about finished and will release the 737-600 with the new lateral path model and simultaneously update that model into the 737-700 at the same time. (The 737-800 will release with it already implemented.)

The new lateral flight path model also includes entirely new logic for roll control via the autopilot flight director and yields a far more accurate and realistic result in the simulation environment. This process is currently in testing and getting a thorough beating at the hands of some experienced 737 flight crew and we are looking forward to finally rolling out out to you in this pending release.

Once the new lateral path model is in public use, we move to phase two of this project, which is to update the navigation data model that sits underneath it. Updating to use navigraph's modern format will finally unlock some of the newer derived paths such as RFP legs etc that the existing lateral path model doesn't handle quite as well as we'd like.

We are looking at some release dates for the 737-600 but I am going to keep those under wraps until we know for certain we are ready to go.

PMDG Flight Tablet for 737 MSFS Update:
    In-house development testing of the new flight tablet is progressing, The team is now pulling flight data from simbrief and working through integrating chart implementation in concert with our friends at Navigraph. The entire operating environment is being expanded to give you some unique new features that a traditional "EFB" implementation cannot bring- but we'll showcase those a bit more when we get close to rolling it out. The good news is that many of the flight performance features already modeled in our previous EFB will roll quite nicely into the PMDG Flight Tablet operating environment- so the capabilities you have enjoyed in the traditional PMDG EFB dating back to 2017 will finally make their debut in MSFS once the tablet is ready for operational use.

Shouldn't be too long now before we can give you a preview.

MSFS Update 10 beta:
    Earlier today Asobo dropped a beta version of SU10. We have begun to evaluate both the DC-6 and 737 against this update, but it is too early to offer any information on the topic. I include this here just to be sure it is clear that we are looking at it.

PMDG 737NGXu Update for Prepar3D:
    For our Prepar3D users, we are evaluating an update for your 737NGXu install that will add the new Lateral Flight Path as well as a range of other code-side updates to the PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D that have derived from our MSFS efforts. This update will be limited to code changes, so it will update the core behaviors of the airplane, but not graphic/model/texture changes are planned at this time.

Okay! That is all I have for this update. Work continues on numerous fronts at a steady pace- and we are throroughly enjoying seeing the many posts showing off your flying adventures, so please do keep them coming.

Don't forget that I'll be spending some time with Jeff Turner on SkyBlue Radio this evening beginning at approximately 2300Z.

Fly safely and have a nice weekend!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Thanks for the update
    Joe Colehouse

Comment

Thank you Robert .
      Tomas Zima Prague

Comment

Thanks a lot, nice update, great weekend to all.
        Sergio Naiberg

Comment

Awesome news to hear that we can finally use the nose wheel steering and rudder properly. Appreciate all the hard work the team have done! Cannot wait for all the other cool features coming down the pipeline.
          Sergio Gutierrez

Comment

I am loading up the latest PMDG 737 into SU10 Beta and so far, it's working!

Jeff Soule

Comment

• espn74
              espn74 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Very happy to see 17GB of VRAM being used in DX12
              https://i.ibb.co/SX4vC2x/1212.png

• arhuako
              arhuako commented
              Editing a comment
              I can confirm 2 successful flights, SU10 Beta, PMDG 737-700. DX12, Multiple screens (3).

José Conde

• moxiejeff
              moxiejeff commented
              Editing a comment
              rsrandazzo - I will accept my pilot certificate from you now, LOL. Great job PMDG -- literally my 737 is running PERFECTLY (more than any other airliner at the moment) in new beta.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the flight tablet.
            Stiofan Lionard

Comment

Awsome, glad to see a fix for the roll oscillations during cruise have made it into this build.
              -Mike Iacovetta

Comment

Hello,

Thank you very much for the latest update. Also, THANK YOU for not forgetting us, the P3D users. I really appreciate anything you guys can do with the P3D fleet.

I was wondering if there are any plans for the B777 and the B747 for P3Dv5.3? I am not really using my MSFS as much because I mainly fly the 777 & 747 on P3D and until they are ready for MSFS, I am forced to fly them on P3D. I have the 737-700 for MSFS but honestly, the only other plane that would make me fly more on MSFS is the B737-800 & -900, which I am waiting for. I am a boeing guy and not interested in the Airbus or MD.

Kind regards,
                Pablo Vazquez
                Last edited by Pablo Vazquez; 08Jul2022, 23:28.
                Pablo Vazquez
                Flight Attendant for a major US airline

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                  rsrandazzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pablo- Once we know we have the lateral flight path fully stable, our plans are still to push it backward into the 777 and 747 in Prepar3D. It is really hard for me to guess at a timeline, but it is still in the agenda. The good news is that it makes the 777 and 747 for MSFS easier for us if it is already in the prepar3D version because it simplifies code control. - RSR

• Pablo Vazquez
                  Pablo Vazquez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Randazzo,

WOW, That is great news... thank you, Sir... That certainly is something that I am definitely looking forward to. THANK YOU!! :-)

• evaamo
                  evaamo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is great news. Thank you, Robert.

The release notes mention improvements to the WASM debugging tools. Are those what you've been waiting for?
                Mark Tegge

Comment

Originally posted by meurkel View Post
                  The release notes mention improvements to the WASM debugging tools. Are those what you've been waiting for?
                  I had a look at the release notes (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-how-to-help-numbered-release-notes/507903) for SU10, and there are several mentions of debug improvements, but I'm wondering if they also include the ones that will make debugging easier for PMDG?
                  Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                  PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for the update!
                    Fabio Loyola

Comment

Thanks for the update. Were there any additional SDK updates in this release? I just got my flight controls/panels working, so wanted to check prior to updating so they are not inadvertently broken again.

Bryan Opalka
                      Noble Air - Americas Regional Manager
                      PMDG 737/777

Comment

Thanks much for update!
                        Kimi Häkkinen

Comment

Please PMDG you should test in SU10 beta if degradation in fps are still there after 8 hours of flying and if it still there please report it before they push the stable SU10
                          Miguel de Gonzalo

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.cbr View Post
                            Please PMDG you should test in SU10 beta if degradation in fps are still there after 8 hours of flying and if it still there please report it before they push the stable SU10
                            This is what Asobo is reporting regarding FPS issues and memory leaks. Not too sure if any of these things have actually been sorted out and included in SU10.
                            Attached Files
                            Harry Schraishuhn - System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i AIO, AORUS 1080ti Xtreme, HyperX Predator 32GB, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Display, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, Logitech X52 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Oswald53 View Post

This is what Asobo is reporting regarding FPS issues and memory leaks. Not too sure if any of these things have actually been sorted out and included in SU10.
                              well in su10 beta says ongoing performance optimization work including fixes for several memory leaks , so probably they finally fixed it
                              Miguel de Gonzalo

Comment

• Want2BFlyin
                                Want2BFlyin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                "Ongoing" is very different from "fixed." If the work on addressing the memory leaks is indeed still "ongoing," then they may have addressed some causes of the memory leaks, but I would not count on them having been completely resolved.

Robert thanks for the update. With the SU10 beta out, is there an anticipated time line for the weather radar?
                              Rudy Fattal

Comment

forgot about the hydraulic sound changes, sounds awesome!
                                Alex Kulak
                                PMDG Studier and flyer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.cbr View Post

well in su10 beta says ongoing performance optimization work including fixes for several memory leaks , so probably they finally fixed it
                                  Hope you're right. If so they just needed to come out and say it. Ongoing really doesn't say it.
                                  Harry Schraishuhn - System Builder

I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i AIO, AORUS 1080ti Xtreme, HyperX Predator 32GB, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Display, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, Logitech X52 Pro

Comment

I have a question on the Change List.
                                    The change list says "Cabin can be seen from VC on specific position", what does that mean exactly?
                                    Kim young ju

Comment

So if the -600 release schedule is 'sliding to the right', but the -800 development is independent of the -600 timeline, is it conceivable that the -600 releases followed by the -800 only 2 or 3 weeks later, since the -600 is behind schedule, but the -800 is still on its original 12 week post -700 release timeline?

Brian J.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                        rsrandazzo commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Brian. 600 and 800 are mostly delinked. If 800 runs a few weeks late it won't be related to the 600 release schedule. Heck if we wanted, we could push them on the same day, or move the 600 later... they are almost entirely independent except for their common use of the same developers. - RSR

• Floridaman
                                        Floridaman commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Good to hear. BTW with this last update the -700 wing flex looks smoother and the way they bounce in turbulent air looks more realistic. This plane keeps getting better and better thanks. -Brian J

Updating to use navigraph's modern format will finally unlock some of the newer derived paths such as RFP legs etc that the existing lateral path model doesn't handle quite as well as we'd like.”

It’s finally coming, great news !!! 👍
                                      Just one remark Robert: it’s RF (Radius to Fix) or RNP (Required Navigation Performance), but there is no such thing as RFP 😉.
                                      Keep on the good work, flying this 737 is such a joy !
                                      Michel Jobe - ATCO ret. - EBBR

Comment

Did HGS get repaired?

Shen Grey

Comment

EDIT: I downloaded the installer to my account and did "repair" it worked

Hello,
                                          I am unable to update.
                                          I get the message "The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable" when updating.
                                          I tried to delete the folder in community and redo a new installation I always have the message
                                          A solution ?
                                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                          This gallery has 1 photos.
                                          Last edited by Papy59; 09Jul2022, 09:12.
                                          Gérard Deleu

Comment

now the rudder with xbox controllers works but, outside of the aircraft does not animate the gear, so the gear remains always in front position. it's that a bug or only for me?
                                            Coletta Domenico

Comment

• sergio8234
                                              sergio8234 commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Do you mean the nose wheel where when you turn it does not do the turn left or right animation but the aircraft still turns? For me that happened before the patch where the nose wheel did not turn at all, but the aircraft did turn. After the patch, everything works well including animations of the front nose wheel

Originally posted by DeltaFlight84 View Post
                                            now the rudder with xbox controllers works but, outside of the aircraft does not animate the gear, so the gear remains always in front position. it's that a bug or only for me?
                                            exactly for me the animations does not work but the rudder works with controllers now
                                            Coletta Domenico

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlight84 View Post

exactly for me the animations does not work but the rudder works with controllers now
                                              Can you please open a ticket for that at support.pmdg.com so that is documented and team can investigate?
                                              Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                              PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert, much appreciated as always. I've just tried out the new steering, a BIG improvement and much easier to control on the runway now following landing on the pedals.

I sat up late last night listening to your interview on Sky Blue Radio (midnight to 2am ish here in UK), that's how I found out the update had dropped. Well, I couldn't resist trying it out so there I was, MSFS booted up, driving the old girl up and down the Renton taxyway testing the steering whilst listening to the the show at 2am! Like a 54 yr old kid on Christmas eve...lol.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show... great listen and definitely worth staying up for.
                                                Last edited by Bart; 09Jul2022, 09:51.
                                                Pete Simpson
                                                EGTC

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                                                  rsrandazzo commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Pete- Thanks for the kind words. JT and I have talked so many times that I kinda lost myself and forgot we weren't just "chatting." Started eating something in the middle of the show. I'm sure JT was smacking his head and wondering what happened to my brain just then. LOL - RSR

• Jeff Turner
                                                  Jeff Turner commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Thank you Pete! Always a good time!!

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Can you please open a ticket for that at support.pmdg.com so that is documented and team can investigate?
                                                for sure i just realize that is only the BBJ variant
                                                Coletta Domenico

Comment

Working...
                                                X