Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

NG3 Preview

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NG3 Preview

    Hello

    Not being mean but Weren't we Promised to get an NG3 preview screenshots like a month ago?

    P.S. In one of the updates Robert said he will preview the NG3 or at least get an update at the end of the week and that was in the beginning of August

    Its like you are going to have a sexy time with a girl, she goes into the bathroom to change and never comes out and you just lying in bed waiting and waiting.

    Cheers


    Nikita Travkin
    Last edited by nikita1234; 10Sep2019, 23:21.

    #2
    Don't blame u

    Waiting for the update also


    Anthony Miller

    Comment


      #3
      That just means that the previews are not ready, in the this industry (I mean the flight simulation and the aviation) as a whole, if something is not ready then there is no need for a preview just yet, creating software will always have things that need to be fixed and worked on, same with whenever a new aircraft (777X, MAX) is in development and testing, patience is a huge must in the flight simulation industry and in the aviation industry.
      Nafsir Khandaker -Private Pilot working towards Instrument rating.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Nmahink View Post
        That just means that the previews are not ready, in the this industry (I mean the flight simulation and the aviation) as a whole, if something is not ready then there is no need for a preview just yet, creating software will always have things that need to be fixed and worked on, same with whenever a new aircraft (777X, MAX) is in development and testing, patience is a huge must in the flight simulation industry and in the aviation industry.
        I understand that but common. A month. if they said update will be ready by the end of the week in August. A whole month should be enough to fix whatever is wrong with the preview.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post
          Hello

          Not being mean but Weren't we Promised to get an NG3 preview screenshots like a month ago?

          P.S. In one of the updates Robert said he will preview the NG3 or at least get an update at the end of the week and that was in the beginning of August

          Its like you are going to have a sexy time with a girl, she goes into the bathroom to change and never comes out and you just lying in bed waiting and waiting.

          Cheers


          Nikita Travkin
          Sorry for you getting stuck up by a chick man. Happens to all of us at one point
          Alex Kulak
          PMDG Studier and flyer
          Ramp Agent @PHX

          Comment


            #6
            Actually, I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes of PMDG.
            MSFS2020 will be a game changer that came as a surprise to pretty much everyone in the industry.
            As a consequence, I wouldn't be surprised if PMDG is now busy laying out a new roadmap for the coming years and reevaluating
            their goals and products. We all saw how big the response of that trailer from Microsoft was, this is a HUGE opportunity to widen
            their audience and expand to more users.
            Also, I believe Microsoft stated that they contacted some third party producers.
            There is now way to know that they contacted PMDG, but I just can´t imagine that they didn't.
            I believe we will get some big news in the coming months, so that´s something I´m looking forward to.

            - Jan Reinecke

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by PantherPilot View Post
              Actually, I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes of PMDG.
              MSFS2020 will be a game changer that came as a surprise to pretty much everyone in the industry.
              As a consequence, I wouldn't be surprised if PMDG is now busy laying out a new roadmap for the coming years and reevaluating
              their goals and products. We all saw how big the response of that trailer from Microsoft was, this is a HUGE opportunity to widen
              their audience and expand to more users.
              Also, I believe Microsoft stated that they contacted some third party producers.
              There is now way to know that they contacted PMDG, but I just can´t imagine that they didn't.
              I believe we will get some big news in the coming months, so that´s something I´m looking forward to.
              I think you might have something there.🤔
              Danny Z.Cebis

              Comment


                #8
                Promised?

                I know we recently had a sale, but seeing 'promise' is a bit like seeing someone make a claim we set a release date somewhere...
                Kyle Rodgers
                PMDG Simulations

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by krodgers View Post
                  Promised?

                  I know we recently had a sale, but seeing 'promise' is a bit like seeing someone make a claim we set a release date somewhere...
                  Nobody said about release date. Rob did say he will have an update at the end of the week in beginning week of august. and after that its just silence.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post

                    Nobody said about release date. Rob did say he will have an update at the end of the week in beginning week of august. and after that its just silence.
                    I know nobody said anything about a release date. My point was that we don't provide release dates like we never promise to provide previews by any sort of date.

                    What is your source for this? Please link to the post.
                    Kyle Rodgers
                    PMDG Simulations

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by krodgers View Post

                      I know nobody said anything about a release date. My point was that we don't provide release dates like we never promise to provide previews by any sort of date.

                      What is your source for this? Please link to the post.
                      I was looking for it in the beginning but you removed the sticky post where Rob said it. But i would not start a post about something that is made up. You guys are not Avsim, Aerosoft or QW staff. At least you guys provide quality products and treat to customers like real people and not like some garbage. Thats why I was kind of weirded out because you usaully provide and show things that you say you will

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post

                        I was looking for it in the beginning but you removed the sticky post where Rob said it. But i would not start a post about something that is made up. You guys are not Avsim, Aerosoft or QW staff. At least you guys provide quality products and treat to customers like real people and not like some garbage. Thats why I was kind of weirded out because you usaully provide and show things that you say you will
                        There is nothing wrong with Avsim,Aerosoft,or QW.
                        Danny Z.Cebis

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I believe he was thinking of this thread: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...the-background

                          As Kyle said, no dates or even a vague timeframe.

                          Just relax and fly the still fantastic NGX! A load of fun to this day. Besides, don't you have a soul crushing career that only lets you indulge in your hobbies for maybe an hour a night after the kids are put to bed and you're so tired you nod off after 10 minutes of cruise? ...*slight hyperventilation*... Oh, just me? Sorry, heading off to bed now.
                          Matthew Glanden

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by mglan80 View Post
                            I believe he was thinking of this thread: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...the-background

                            As Kyle said, no dates or even a vague timeframe.

                            Just relax and fly the still fantastic NGX! A load of fun to this day. Besides, don't you have a soul crushing career that only lets you indulge in your hobbies for maybe an hour a night after the kids are put to bed and you're so tired you nod off after 10 minutes of cruise? ...*slight hyperventilation*... Oh, just me? Sorry, heading off to bed now.
                            No, that thread was in August and is no longer there.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post

                              I was looking for it in the beginning but you removed the sticky post where Rob said it. But i would not start a post about something that is made up. You guys are not Avsim, Aerosoft or QW staff. At least you guys provide quality products and treat to customers like real people and not like some garbage. Thats why I was kind of weirded out because you usaully provide and show things that you say you will
                              Try to avoid any negative shots at other devs, if you don't mind. We don't mind criticism of PMDG here, but shots at other devs is similar to allowing people to talk behind each other's backs if you catch my drift, which we'd prefer to avoid. In other words, we don't want this forum to be known as "that forum people go to in order to talk [negatively] about [insert Dev here]."

                              As far as previews go, we always end up providing them, but I'm still very highly doubtful that a specific timeframe was provided with it, unless it was "we hope to provide you with an update/image/preview/etc. next week/month/etc." Very different.
                              Kyle Rodgers
                              PMDG Simulations

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Funny the original post is gone but the quote was something pretty close to we will be back next week with previews of the NG3. All we want is if the screenshots weren’t ready to be told, there’s a delay in the previews but we’re working on it. Especially when you have a loyal customer base that’s pays 3 figures for an add on.
                                Adam Ruemenapp

                                ATP CL65 Type Rating ERJ170-ERJ190 Type Rating

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by aruemenapp View Post
                                  Funny the original post is gone but the quote was something pretty close to we will be back next week with previews of the NG3. All we want is if the screenshots weren’t ready to be told, there’s a delay in the previews but we’re working on it. Especially when you have a loyal customer base that’s pays 3 figures for an add on.
                                  To be honest, we've deleted all of 4 or 5 threads here, and only because they've been spam posts of ads (most of which other users have reported to us, actually - some of them in this thread, even). We're bordering on conspiracy theory here...

                                  Link to the post, or we can settle on memory being fallible.



                                  We have a history of:
                                  1. Not providing release dates
                                  2. Not providing release dates for updates, and
                                  3. Not updating people unless there is something to be updated about.
                                  We have such a history of those things that it's a forum joke that people will use SoonTM as a reference to our lack of commitment to hard deadlines, instead favoring incredibly vague timelines like "soon."
                                  Kyle Rodgers
                                  PMDG Simulations

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by nikita1234 View Post
                                    Hello

                                    Not being mean but Weren't we Promised to get an NG3 preview screenshots like a month ago?

                                    P.S. In one of the updates Robert said he will preview the NG3 or at least get an update at the end of the week and that was in the beginning of August

                                    Its like you are going to have a sexy time with a girl, she goes into the bathroom to change and never comes out and you just lying in bed waiting and waiting.

                                    Cheers


                                    Nikita Travkin
                                    Not being mean but Weren't we Promised to get an NG3 preview screenshots like a month ago?

                                    P.S. In one of the updates Robert said he will preview the NG3 or at least get an update at the end of the week and that was in the beginning of August

                                    Its like you are going to have a sexy time with a girl, she goes into the bathroom to change and never comes out and you just lying in bed waiting and waiting.

                                    Cheers


                                    Nikita Travkin[/QUOTE]

                                    To be fair only
                                    with the amount of complainers and whiners around, I am almost certain Rob has use a more careful statement than 'promise' from my experience in similar cases, they say '' Hopefully will get back to you with a preview this week'' we have a concrete solid history of him using this word or something of that sort ''hopefully, maybe, we are hoping for, shooting for, planning for'' these are all assumptions and wishes and does not bind anyone to any time frame

                                    whats the preview going to change for you anyway? it will only tease you and open a new trend of whining for a release date. No news is Good news... my 2 cents
                                    Joe Karout

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by mglan80 View Post
                                      Besides, don't you have a soul crushing career that only lets you indulge in your hobbies for maybe an hour a night after the kids are put to bed and you're so tired you nod off after 10 minutes of cruise? ...*slight hyperventilation*... Oh, just me? Sorry, heading off to bed now.
                                      Eh, worse. I may not have kids, but I do work 70 hours a week, and even then, I'm usually only home every five weeks, so only then do I actually get to fly.
                                      Captain Kevin

                                      Kevin Yang

                                      Comment


                                      • mglan80
                                        mglan80 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        That schedule certainly qualifies as a kink in your recreational plans! Hopefully your work isn't of the soul crushing variety.

                                      #20
                                      I think it's all about the anticipation and excitement that is created. The first previews of the NG3 were alluded to (or announced) back in April/May, then there were some minor development issues, postponing the previews. Nobody complained, as everyone knows that the development of such high quality and advanced products takes its time. In the end of July, before the outage, rsrandazzo said "I'll be back later in the week with some product news!" which I at least interpreted like there would be some new information on the NG3. Well, maybe not. Patience is a virtue but I can see whoever follows the development closely becoming very excited about updates and previews given the previous announcements.

                                      https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down
                                      Regards,
                                      Marius

                                      Comment


                                        #21
                                        Originally posted by StachM View Post
                                        I think it's all about the anticipation and excitement that is created. The first previews of the NG3 were alluded to (or announced) back in April/May, then there were some minor development issues, postponing the previews. Nobody complained, as everyone knows that the development of such high quality and advanced products takes its time. In the end of July, before the outage, rsrandazzo said "I'll be back later in the week with some product news!" which I at least interpreted like there would be some new information on the NG3. Well, maybe not. Patience is a virtue but I can see whoever follows the development closely becoming very excited about updates and previews given the previous announcements.

                                        https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down
                                        He said week,but not this one or the next.God know's which week..
                                        Because SOON™
                                        STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

                                        Comment


                                          #22
                                          Originally posted by StachM View Post
                                          I think it's all about the anticipation and excitement that is created. The first previews of the NG3 were alluded to (or announced) back in April/May, then there were some minor development issues, postponing the previews. Nobody complained, as everyone knows that the development of such high quality and advanced products takes its time. In the end of July, before the outage, rsrandazzo said "I'll be back later in the week with some product news!" which I at least interpreted like there would be some new information on the NG3. Well, maybe not. Patience is a virtue but I can see whoever follows the development closely becoming very excited about updates and previews given the previous announcements.

                                          https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down

                                          "I'll be back later in the week with some product news!"

                                          Looks like the conspiracy goes all the way to the top.
                                          Alex Pugh

                                          Comment


                                            #23
                                            Originally posted by AirBadger View Post


                                            "I'll be back later in the week with some product news!"

                                            Looks like the conspiracy goes all the way to the top.
                                            Yes thank you! That is the link and the words I was talking about

                                            Comment


                                              #24
                                              Originally posted by Stefan_888 View Post
                                              He said week,but not this one or the next.God know's which week..
                                              Because SOON™
                                              It's the back door that never closes.

                                              "Product news" is ambivalent, too. Could have also meant the discount on all products that came in effect after the new e-commerce system went live.
                                              Regards,
                                              Marius

                                              Comment


                                                #25
                                                Looks like we can settle on memory being fallible.
                                                Kyle Rodgers
                                                PMDG Simulations

                                                Comment


                                                  #26
                                                  I don't recall a preview of a product before it goes into testing. Maybe Rob did that with the Queen but I cannot remember such trivia. Normally, we cannot post screen shots during testing until released to do so. I'd be surprised to see anything on the NG3 before testing.... and it ain't in testing. That will be announced when it begins.
                                                  Dan Downs KCRP

                                                  Comment


                                                    #27
                                                    https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down

                                                    if you’d look at the last sentence “I’ll be back later in the week with some product news!”

                                                    I think to most normal native English speaking people that means later in this week before the next Monday we will have another updated. That post was July 29th it’s September 11th. Now I don’t have the best memory but I don’t believe it was fallible since that’s a direct quote. Maybe we can agree PMDG headquarters are on a planet with much stronger gravity and that’s maybe it hasn’t been a week there yet.
                                                    Adam Ruemenapp

                                                    ATP CL65 Type Rating ERJ170-ERJ190 Type Rating

                                                    Comment


                                                    • DDowns
                                                      DDowns commented
                                                      Editing a comment
                                                      Doesn't matter how hard you push... ain't nothing coming out until they want to push something out.

                                                    #28
                                                    Originally posted by aruemenapp View Post
                                                    https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down

                                                    if you’d look at the last sentence “I’ll be back later in the week with some product news!”

                                                    I think to most normal native English speaking people that means later in this week before the next Monday we will have another updated. That post was July 29th it’s September 11th. Now I don’t have the best memory but I don’t believe it was fallible since that’s a direct quote. Maybe we can agree PMDG headquarters are on a planet with much stronger gravity and that’s maybe it hasn’t been a week there yet.
                                                    Preview != News. Reference to "product news" != News specifically about the NG3. Quite a bit of a stretch here.

                                                    First: 'Preview' (the assertion of this post) would give someone the impression of visuals. 'News' (the actuality of the quoted text) could simply be text.
                                                    Second: NG3 is never mentioned (contrary to the assertion of this post). The product news was the sale.

                                                    Come on guys - someone mis-remembered what was said. Turns out that the memory of the event was a bit off. Move along, please. If you'd prefer to Evel Knievel the Grand Canyon of a logic gap between the referenced quotes and NG3-specific previews, then be my guest, but at least make it entertaining...
                                                    Kyle Rodgers
                                                    PMDG Simulations

                                                    Comment


                                                      #29
                                                      Originally posted by aruemenapp View Post
                                                      https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down

                                                      if you’d look at the last sentence “I’ll be back later in the week with some product news!”

                                                      I think to most normal native English speaking people that means later in this week before the next Monday we will have another updated. That post was July 29th it’s September 11th. Now I don’t have the best memory but I don’t believe it was fallible since that’s a direct quote. Maybe we can agree PMDG headquarters are on a planet with much stronger gravity and that’s maybe it hasn’t been a week there yet.
                                                      My thought exactly

                                                      Comment


                                                        #30
                                                        Originally posted by aruemenapp View Post
                                                        https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...o-shut-it-down

                                                        if you’d look at the last sentence “I’ll be back later in the week with some product news!”

                                                        I think to most normal native English speaking people that means later in this week before the next Monday we will have another updated. That post was July 29th it’s September 11th. Now I don’t have the best memory but I don’t believe it was fallible since that’s a direct quote. Maybe we can agree PMDG headquarters are on a planet with much stronger gravity and that’s maybe it hasn’t been a week there yet.
                                                        Well...
                                                        Science has it that time flies differently on Earth and on other planets in our solar system.
                                                        "TIME IS RELATIVE"
                                                        Maybe good old PMDG team is from another planet , judging by their quality of work,they for sure are.
                                                        STEFAN ĐORĐEVIĆ

                                                        Comment

                                                        Working...
                                                        X