Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

PMDG 737 New Update: First Look/Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMDG 737 New Update: First Look/Preview

Hi everyone,

with RSRs approval I have created a small preview of the new 737 update that's scheduled to come out in a few days for you:

https://youtu.be/mw75nlB7QT4

Animations looking good!

Thanks a lot for the great tutorials you also made.

Comment

in the new update are EFB avaible?

Regards Petter
      Petter Storvik

Comment

• redsonssi
        redsonssi commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it is not included in this update.

Thx !

Question : This point is corrected => https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pop-out-screen ?
      Vince Enzo

Comment

Great update, thanks for posting this Emanuel.

I'd just like to also take this opportunity thank you for your other tutorials on the 737 too. I've learned a LOT watching them.

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards.
        Pete Simpson
        EGTC

Comment

Originally posted by vincenzo34 View Post
          Thx !

Question : This point is corrected => https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pop-out-screen ?

Please add a signature to your profile in order to ensure that your posts are signed, real name first and last.. You were advised/agreed to this requirement when initially establishing an account. Unsigned posts will be removed without warning.
          Thank you!

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...pdated-25feb19

No, this is due to the custom coding we are using. Currently there is no workaround nor can guaantee that one will be found
          Chris Makris (Olympic260)
          PMDG Technical Support
          http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            Gents-

I need to override Chris' answer here- which I don't generally like to do in public- but I think Chris might not have given the entire basket of information that answers the question here.

We do not know why the displays cease updating when you switch to an external view. We have brought it to Asobo and requested their help in resolving it. It could well be something we are doing incorrectly, or it could be some unexpected negative interaction between C++ based gauges and the WASM build process... Nobody really knows just yet- but it is being researched. Once we have a fix, it will get rolled into a future update- whether that fix is a correction on our side- or a platform side correction. As I said tho- nobody really knows just yet but we are working on it with Asobo.

Vincenzo- i hope that is a fuller answer to your question. - RSR

• vincenzo34
            vincenzo34 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your answer rsrandazzo and cmakris, clear and precise! I hope this will happen soon! In any case, thank you for the quality of the 737! He made me get back to the simulator after a long break

... Works on CRJ Aerosoft and all plane... it's annoying...
          Vince Enzo

Comment

• FlyingInFocus
            FlyingInFocus commented
            Editing a comment
            Ephedrin these forums are anything but friendly whether using your full name or not. Seriously, let a moderator do their job and stop trying to be a hero.

• vincenzo34
            vincenzo34 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had prepared an answer... but I remembered why I used to avoid forums before...

... and moreover other members have already answered for me, thank you

I am at the entire disposal of the admin and moderator if they want information or other.

I'm here to help each other regarding the PMDG 737 and others with courtesy

By the way if you want my PMDG license I'll send it to you in PV Ephedrin

Vince , Montpellier FR

• MarkusGX
            MarkusGX commented
            Editing a comment
            vincenzo34 good to hear! hope you have have a good flight.

Originally posted by vincenzo34 View Post
          ... Works on CRJ Aerosoft and all plane... it's annoying...
          Different coding language altogether.
          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Estray One
            Estray One commented
            Editing a comment
            Please sign with your full name, I doubt "Captain" is your real first name.

• Emi
            Emi commented
            Editing a comment
            Take a close look below his banner guys, his real name is there.

Nice. By the way, great work with your channel, Emanuel.

Is performance at all impacted by these changes? Or is it still as smooth as before?
          Tom Clarkson

Comment

• Supertaquito
            Supertaquito commented
            Editing a comment
            Asking the real questions here. +1

Big shout to Emanuel for all of his tutorials and content. Love it all Thank you!

M. Dean
          M. Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
            Different coding language altogether.
            Actually the CRJ is coded in pure WASM just like the 737. Because it is, Hans faces the same challenge that Robert has touched on before - the current lack of proper debugging tools in the WASM development environment.
            Jim Barrett - KELM

Comment

• Crabby
              Crabby commented
              Editing a comment
              I do not believe that either of these planes are "coded in pure WASM". They are coded in C++ and the long delay experienced on first load is a compiling to WASM. I have always said that saying "Airplane XXX does or does not do this or that" is not a valid reason why Airplane YYY does or does not do it. You start off with an apples to oranges or at times orangutangs logic that will not pass muster in reality.

Got excited when you began to talk about the HGS just to be let down because it’s a backlighting fix.

Still inop in my opinion when the FPV is off and AIII shows a completely different runway overlay than what is actually outside the aircraft. The aft panel backlight is the least of its worries… It’s safer to operate without it - not true of previous PMDG 737s!

I realize this is Asobo’s magvar problem, but can you blame me
            for wanting the HGS back?

William Bomfrein
            Last edited by bf03; 21Jun2022, 04:04.

Comment

Happy to see things coming along so nicely. As always, we PMDG crewmembers are extremely fortunate to have quite possibly the best software developers working humbly to bring us the best products in flight simulation. I for one am excited for the 777.
              Loving the Precision,
              Khbin Rjozheta Schruncm

Comment

• OlenAP
                OlenAP commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes we are the luckiest people for having this company creating the greatest planes for us.
                Best Regards, Olen

Hello Emi, do you notice if there was any improvement in the odd pitch behavior during manual flight?
              Pedro Guedes

Comment

Originally posted by Trovis View Post
                odd pitch behavior during manual flight?
                Could you define which kind of odd pitch behavior you mean? Please get a bit more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Emi View Post

Could you define which kind of odd pitch behavior you mean? Please get a bit more specific.
                  Hello Emi, thanks for your response!

I refer to the behavior of the pitch riding (pitch up, down, up down) when we need to make attitude adjustments and the fact that the plane "decompensates" by itself, especially during manual flight.

This behavior is unrealistic and we B737 type rated know it. There's even a topic with videos showing this (a video of yours served as an example).

Let's hope a fix for this!
                  Pedro Guedes

Comment

Originally posted by Trovis View Post

Hello Emi, thanks for your response!

I refer to the behavior of the pitch riding (pitch up, down, up down) when we need to make attitude adjustments and the fact that the plane "decompensates" by itself, especially during manual flight.

This behavior is unrealistic and we B737 type rated know it. There's even a topic with videos showing this (a video of yours served as an example).

Let's hope a fix for this!
                    I can agree it sometimes feels a little wobbly, but always put that down to MSFS flight dynamics as the default aircraft in my opinion also have a tendency to do that.
                    I guess flying in MSFS for too long actually gets you so used to it that I actually start ignoring this type of handling already.
                    I do have to admit that even after your explanation my best guess is that you mean this general "wobblyness" because otherwise I would still not know what you mean.

Comment

• matrosov
                      matrosov commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think that's what OP means and I think that's MSFS. Issue is that for those of us flying in multiple sims and without real world experience it's quite hard to get used to, because it is quite pronounced. Add to that off the charts IMHO ground effect and transitioning from sim to sim with the same plane becomes major annoyance. For example go from Zbio to NGXU in P3D and it is close enough experience. You notice subtle differences but nothing major and it is fun. NGXU to 737 for MSFS especially landing very difficult transition. Back to zibo after few days in MSFS, again difficult transition because your muscle memory is now readjusted to something that is not entirely correct. For a real pilot minor annoyance you have that eye, hand coordination and seat of your pants feel. For a learner difficult. Hopefully Asobo will tweak it in SU10 or PMDG find a way to code around it somehow. .

• sergio8234
                      sergio8234 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      matrosov we can defiantly hope. A lot of 3rd party devs and Asobo said that SU10 contains tools that will majorly help out these developers. I remember Robert saying there where things in that update that was needed to create some fixes for the NG3 but now they had to shift around development priorities while they wait for those said tools. Hopefully it comes with the appropriate debugging tools that PMDG have been asking for a while now and it speeds up development process and updates.

• cedrice.rive@yahoo.fr
                      [email protected] commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Air physics seems strange to me in msfs. Sometimes I lose 90ft all of a sudden, especially over the mountains.

Could you try switching off (on) the right Stabilizer cutout (Autopilot), which also disengages the Speed trim? And then try manual flight with pitch and trim changes?
                    I have the feeling there is some intervention on the pitch axis with the speed trim engaged. It feels a lot more stable / correct when it is turned off. But this could very well be placebo.
                    Would be interested in your opinions.

Kind Regards,,
                    André
                    Andre Sturm

Comment

I think Robert should stop giving us expected release dates or make more conservative statements. All of them have slipped by more than a few days so far. Ultimately, expectations that are not met turn into disappointment.
                      Mark Tegge

Comment

Working...
                      X