Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

LNAV update for P3D - clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad Tepes View Post
    ………Personally, with this kind of approach, I don't see any bright future if RR continues to make these kinds of decisions.
    Right now, his reputation is quite damaged and many of us having his products don't feel comfortable with this or even purchasing anything else from PMDG under these conditions.
    We are all entitled to our own opinions of course, but I must agree to disagree with this statement and a lot of these forum posts. The issue I have with them is that sometimes we are being given too much information without knowing all of the facts. But I can appreciate how easy it is for some of us to jump to the wrong conclusions based on the limited information we have been given.

I have re-read Capt Randazzo’s post over again and, unless I am missing something obvious, I would appreciate it if someone could point out where in his news post he has said that PMDG will NOT be providing their new AP/FD and LNAV/VNAV modules in their P3D aircraft or stopping support for them.

I understand why some P3D customers will naturally feel disappointed by the news that these two modules are being introduced in the B737 for MSFS first and after waiting so long for them I feel the same way myself. However, I am sure there will be some sound commercially sensitive reasons for PMDG arriving at this decision, but I also feel sure that no customers or Beta testers in these forums can possibly know what they are. What RSR has said in the past is that these two modules are relevant updates for all of PMDG’s FMS equipped aircraft, including those for P3D. I personally find it hard to believe after PMDG has invested so much time and effort on these two important updates why they would not be included in their P3D aircraft when they are finally ready.

I suggest we give PMDG credit where it’s due for what they have produced already and wait patiently for a little bit longer for more pertinent news on this issue. As Ray Proudfoot has just said the only person qualified to answer this question is RSR..
    Last edited by Michael Codd; 06Jun2022, 18:17.
    Michael Codd

Comment

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post
      Hello all and especially to PMDG,

From a comment in the 737-600 thread that seems to have been deleted since, unless I have gone blind, I take it to understand that PMDG no longer plan to implement the LNAV update for P3D users.

Some clarification on this would be good?

Yours,
      Rudy
      Rudy-

I presume you are referencing this reply, which has *not* been deleted, contrary to your comment:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...548#post194548

I think a few in this thread perhaps need to go take a dog for a walk and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine and stop looking for trouble in every unparsed sentence. It would seem quite silly that I would kill off an entire product line and platform in a two sentence reply in this manner- and I am pretty certain that most of you in this thread know that quite well.

The asked question was specifically "will this come to P3D" and my reply is very specific to his answer. It was announced upon release of the 777-200ER that we were shifting our development agenda to the 737 for MSFS. I have stated a half dozen other times that currently 100% of our development team is focused on the 737 for MSFS. Nothing else is being worked on. Nothing else is being planned. Nothing else is being considered.

This is a statement about here and now. In two months when all of the 737s have been released, we will take a step back and evaluate from there.

When PMDG have an official policy change on P3D, it will be made front and center- not as a "by the by" appendage to a third party reply.

Robert S. Randazzo
      PMDG Simulations
      http://www.pmdg.com

Comment

• TH454
        TH454 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess this means everyone can put away the pitchforks and torches and get on with their life.

• Lanica
        Lanica commented
        Editing a comment
        Robert, when you do step back, please evaluate the afore mentioned P3DV5 updates so many of us are looking for. Thankyou.

• VHOJT
        VHOJT commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Robert is correct - I had gone blind - comment is there.

I would agree, but he hasn't appeared yet.
      Bob Zolto

Comment

Originally posted by rsrandazzo View Post
        The asked question was specifically "will this come to P3D" and my reply is very specific to his answer. It was announced upon release of the 777-200ER that we were shifting our development agenda to the 737 for MSFS. I have stated a half dozen other times that currently 100% of our development team is focused on the 737 for MSFS. Nothing else is being worked on. Nothing else is being planned. Nothing else is being considered.

This is a statement about here and now. In two months when all of the 737s have been released, we will take a step back and evaluate from there.

When PMDG have an official policy change on P3D, it will be made front and center- not as a "by the by" appendage to a third party reply.
        I will take that as a holding reply rather than a definitive statement of intent. In two months there will hopefully be more encouraging news. Watch this space!
        Cheers,
        Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Ray-

Which is precisely how it should be taken- thank you.

Over the past year we have become increasingly more singularly focused on the 737 project and this has been communicated in various updates along the way. We are using P3D daily to debug complex problems because Asobo's debugging tools are a bad joke- but that doesn't mean we can simply pass these changes off to P3D without thorough review, vetting and testing. We simply don't have the bandwidth to do that until the 737 for MSFS is completed, and at that time we will make an evaluation as to what happens next.

I don't want to comment or speculate on it, because there simply isn't any consideration being given to it one way or another- and we have known this to be the case for some time.

A few in this thread have attacked this as "dishonest" or "lying" when in fact- we are sharing this information with you all along the way as a manner of being open, transparent and candid. Frankly I think telling you what we are thinking at each moment along the way is far more honest than simply telling you nothing.

I'm not sure why some folks are so intent to try and make every developer out there seem like we are engaged in some constant and continual conspiracy theory- but it might be an indication that perhaps some time away from the keyboard is called for.

If you want to know what I am thinking, simply ask and I'll tell you. But for crying out loud- making up imaginary demons is quite uncalled for. We have enough real ones.

Robert S. Randazzo
          PMDG Simulations

Comment

Well, at least equivocation on the future of P3d development is better than silence. Now those of us who still use P3d know we will have to wait and hope. I, for one, use both sims. The VA is fly for doesn't fly CFM engines and MSFS doesn't have decent B777 or 787, so for those I depend on P3d. When, and if, MSFS and it's add-ons mature enough, I'll see, but until then I have to use both.
            Bob Zolto

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Z View Post
              Well, at least equivocation on the future of P3d development is better than silence. Now those of us who still use P3d know we will have to wait and hope. I, for one, use both sims. The VA is fly for doesn't fly CFM engines and MSFS doesn't have decent B777 or 787, so for those I depend on P3d. When, and if, MSFS and it's add-ons mature enough, I'll see, but until then I have to use both.
              I’ve had MSFS since release, but I’ve hardly used it because of the lack of aircraft. Usually I’d pounce on a PMDG release, but this time I haven’t, instead I went for the unknown and tried the Fenix. I have the $100 credit, but I’m gonna wait till either the -800 or most likely see if the 777 gets released before the credit expires.

All the aircraft I use are not in MSFS, but are spread across P3D and XP11. Why would I simply abandon all that money on aircraft and scenery, when they’re all fully useable? I understand some will be short on drive space, but for those that aren’t, I just don’t get why you’d basically burn that money. Each to there own I suppose.
              Thanks Mat -|- Win 10 Pro, [email protected], Corsair H150i, Asus Strix Z590, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus Sidestick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, P3D v5 Pro, XP11, MSFS and way too many add-ons to mention! Owned almost every PMDG product since the days of Fly!

Comment

Ray-

Which is precisely how it should be taken- thank you.

Over the past year we have become increasingly more singularly focused on the 737 project and this has been communicated in various updates along the way. We are using P3D daily to debug complex problems because Asobo's debugging tools are a bad joke- but that doesn't mean we can simply pass these changes off to P3D without thorough review, vetting and testing. We simply don't have the bandwidth to do that until the 737 for MSFS is completed, and at that time we will make an evaluation as to what happens next.

I'm not sure why some folks are so intent to try and make every developer out there seem like we are engaged in some constant and continual conspiracy theory- but it might be an indication that perhaps some time away from the keyboard is called for.

If you want to know what I am thinking, simply ask and I'll tell you. But for crying out loud- making up imaginary demons is quite uncalled for. We have enough real ones.
                Hi Robert. I’m a reasonable bloke, honest. I can understand PMDG has to go where you can make money and that means MSFS. Hopefully that doesn’t mean you’ve fallen out of love with P3D. With limited resources and bills to pay you have been forced to develop for MSFS. I sympathise because it’s still far from the polished product P3D is. I imagine you’re tearing your hair out after every major update.

Contrary to earlier suggestions it does seem you’re willing to address outstanding issues with P3D when time permits. Two months isn’t an unreasonable time so I’m happy to wait and I’m sure others are too.
                Cheers,
                Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Ray-

Indeed. I've said in a few updates previously that we are doing a significant amount of debugging of the MSFS version of the airplane by testing complex code changes in P3D first, where we can actually debug them properly, then move them to MSFS where our debugging capabilities are on par with blowing dandelion seeds into the breeze and hoping for true love.

Once we get through the dev cycle for MSFS, we will then be sitting on a bunch of pretty complicated changes that we have made in a development environment. Some of those changes will immediately port to P3D without trouble- some will need adaptation and all of them will need testing. I have suspected since the beginning that this will be a nice backward workflow- but until we actually TRY it I don't truly know how effective or simple it will be and thus I absolutely think it would be irresponsible to make promises based upon it. The funny thing is that this lack of proper debugging capability in MSFS is actually working to the benefit of our P3D product lines.

Robert S. Randazzo
                  PMDG Simulations

Comment

Thanks. The muddy water seems to be clearing.
                    Bob Zolto

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Z View Post
                      Thanks. The muddy water seems to be clearing.
                      Either it is or it isn’t, it’s as simple as that. I, along with many others, have spent money on products with certain expectations driven by PMDG that upgrades would be coming. I don’t understand why a simple yes or no can’t be given. Why should ‘current’ and ‘long term’ P3D owners be ignored in preference of those joining MSFS?
                      Thanks Mat -|- Win 10 Pro, [email protected], Corsair H150i, Asus Strix Z590, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus Sidestick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, P3D v5 Pro, XP11, MSFS and way too many add-ons to mention! Owned almost every PMDG product since the days of Fly!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Richards View Post

I don’t understand why a simple yes or no can’t be given. Why should ‘current’ and ‘long term’ P3D owners be ignored in preference of those joining MSFS?
                        Because of the numbers involved I guess. If you have 1000 P3D customers waiting for a fix but 10,000+ MSFS ones needing a stable version that’s where you have to prioritise. It’s just the logical thing to do. It would help if each Asobo update didn’t bugger something up but that’s the sad situation they face.

There was a qualified Yes there. You have to read between the lines.
                        Cheers,
                        Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Originally posted by RayP View Post

Because of the numbers involved I guess. If you have 1000 P3D customers waiting for a fix but 10,000+ MSFS ones needing a stable version that’s where you have to prioritise. It’s just the logical thing to do. It would help if each Asobo update didn’t bugger something up but that’s the sad situation they face.

There was a qualified Yes there. You have to read between the lines.
                          Then clearly it shouldn’t have been released so early, especially when others have already spent money and then been pushed to the back of the queue. Two years of seeing Asobo messing things up, yet 2 years of current owners being denied what PMDG had driven them towards. Hence why my first ever purchase for MSFS in the 2yrs I’ve owned it went to Fenix, not the dev I’ve supported since the 90’s…

And we shouldn’t have to read between the lines, either the dev is or isn’t supporting the platform. No one needs such cryptic replies from any dev.
                          Last edited by Matt Richards; 06Jun2022, 21:57.

Comment

Maybe a suggestion for everyone envolved..

Language is a difficult thing to get done right, all above when it's only down to written statements and on top of that a lot can be lost in translation. There are many people here speaking dozens of mother languages and for a huge amount English is a foreign language. The shorter a comment is the more possibilities there are to understand it differently from what was meant or to translate it differently and lose the actual point. My English is quite okay but I often don't get the point of jokes or sayings when a native english speaker talks to another one. Cultural differences, and be it someone living as close as Germans and British, lead to quick misunderstandings although the words have actually been totally clear. The consequence is an aggravated argument like this.

When I read "there are no plans", Robert's words, this means a clear "no we will not release it for P3D anymore" to me. Robert means "We don't have the time to do that at the moment and therefore we don't plan with it to reach our current goal, we will probably do this when we have some time and manpower left". There is always a transmitter and a receiver and the shorter a transmission is the higher is the chance that a short distortion makes it impossible to understand the whole message. This distortion may already be the simple fact that people have waited for years for the LNAV update and see all dev power pointing towards MSFS at the moment. I made this exact mistake of a short and unclear statement two weeks or so ago in a comment out of frustration about something and earned myself two angry PM's by two devs. I reacted just as angrily and only later reflected and noticed that what I said was understood completely differently from what I meant and that it was my fault with my choice of words. I could only blame myself for that but the mistake was made and it's difficult to repair it.

I get that people like Robert or Chris M. who (have to) roam the forum all the time, having to check every thread in opposite to us users, and at the same time develop new addons and updates, have very little time per post and hence they remain as short and as factual as possible. Often this leads to statements like this "there are no plans". Having no plans to release something reads like a no to a waiting customer, there is no way around it.

Maybe it would help PMDG to put a few more words into such statements, to be clearer and reflect for a moment how a statement will be understood, all above when a topic appears that is known to be sensitive.

And for us customers it might be good to keep in mind that PMDG is a very small company doing extremely complicated work (several product lines at insane level of depth) which simply takes time.
                            Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                            Marc Eland
                            GFO Beta

Comment

What was actually stated was "We are not currently planning any updates for P3D." I refrained from commenting because I was sure that the operative word here was "currently," meaning not at the present time. I presumed that at a future point in time, when they didn't have all their development resources tied to the 737, they would look into it. It seems a lot of people missed the word currently or otherwise took it out of context.
                              Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• Swaluver88
                                Swaluver88 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Live in the present not the future and dont dwell on the past - someone famous probably

• NegativeApproach
                                NegativeApproach commented
                                Editing a comment
                                CAPTAIN Kevin, that was my thoughts too! This was really clear spoken, I thought, but no - dozens got it the wrong way.

Kevin, I think the last phrase in Matt's posts above is the bottom line of the whole argument:

" And we shouldn’t have to read between the lines, either the dev is or isn’t supporting the platform. No one needs such cryptic replies from any dev. "

There have been many posts asking the same thing in the last few months (including some of my own), so the levels of anxiety and impatience have been increasing for some time. I think this should have been handled a long time ago, in a much more clear, more concise, and more direct manner. It's unfortunate it had to burst this way. Let's hope things improve once the MSFS 737 launch dust settles.
                              Enrique Vaamonde

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kevin View Post
                                What was actually stated was "We are not currently planning any updates for P3D." I refrained from commenting because I was sure that the operative word here was "currently," meaning not at the present time. I presumed that at a future point in time, when they didn't have all their development resources tied to the 737, they would look into it. It seems a lot of people missed the word currently or otherwise took it out of context.
                                That really doesn't change anything in how it sounds like. If you planned it in the past but don't plan it currently/now you have stopped to plan or to intend to release it. That's the point and that's how it was understood, regardless of what he meant. That's the whole problem and this needs to be "resolved" for the future in my opinion. Robert does nothing else the whole day than develop and plan ahead, he knows what he thinks. But his customers do not, even though he remembers to have said it over and over again. It's a bit like when we tell people that we're not looking over their shoulders. Ever read an instruction written by an expert? Same problem. Information scattered over a whole forum doesn't help if a single short statement comes over as a "no". Currently or not, it's different to what was said before, plans have apparently changed and then the message gets changed. The problem of forums, I guess...
                                Ryzen 9 5900X, RX 6900XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM @3600MHz, 4k
                                Marc Eland
                                GFO Beta

Comment

Rudy-

I presume you are referencing this reply, which has *not* been deleted, contrary to your comment:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...548#post194548

I think a few in this thread perhaps need to go take a dog for a walk and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine and stop looking for trouble in every unparsed sentence. It would seem quite silly that I would kill off an entire product line and platform in a two sentence reply in this manner- and I am pretty certain that most of you in this thread know that quite well.

Hello Robert - you're correct - the comment was hidden by a little arrow to show all of them. Turns out I might be blind.

Rest assured, we've been looking after a very bouncy little chap who has been getting more walks than is necessary!

It has been mentioned many times in threads from you that an update for the LNAV was in the works for PMDG products (747 initially). Then someone asked if it was coming to P3D and the reply was, ' We are not currently planning any updates for P3D...' and that you will evaluate this again in the future.

This understandably concerned a lot of people - because something you've posted several times about updating, now might not happen depending on the future evaluation.

That's changed the expectation from that it is coming, to it might not be coming. That's where the unrest is coming from.

Anyway - you know my and others' thoughts on it now, so I'll leave it at that and hope in the future you do get around to releasing the update.

Kind regards,
                                  Rudy
                                  Last edited by VHOJT; 07Jun2022, 03:49.
                                  Rudy Fidao

Comment

Originally posted by Sekkha View Post

I couldn´t agree more !
                                    I really would like to know why I received an infraction for this comment !!
                                    I was just agreeing that some clarification on this topic is needed and that it would be extremly dissappointing if LNAV upadate would get canceled for P3D. I wasnt spreading any missinformation at all as far as I can see.

thank you
                                    Manolo Ruiz Carrió

Comment

• DModjo
                                      DModjo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Don't worry so did I. I wasn't intentionally spreading misinformation either - just voicing my opinion. I will probably refrain from doing so in future on this forum.

• Bigt
                                      Bigt commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      You probably offended Lord Randazzo....
                                      Last edited by Bigt; 08Jun2022, 15:11.

Ray-

Indeed. I've said in a few updates previously that we are doing a significant amount of debugging of the MSFS version of the airplane by testing complex code changes in P3D first, where we can actually debug them properly, then move them to MSFS where our debugging capabilities are on par with blowing dandelion seeds into the breeze and hoping for true love.

Once we get through the dev cycle for MSFS, we will then be sitting on a bunch of pretty complicated changes that we have made in a development environment. Some of those changes will immediately port to P3D without trouble- some will need adaptation and all of them will need testing. I have suspected since the beginning that this will be a nice backward workflow- but until we actually TRY it I don't truly know how effective or simple it will be and thus I absolutely think it would be irresponsible to make promises based upon it. The funny thing is that this lack of proper debugging capability in MSFS is actually working to the benefit of our P3D product lines.
                                    Robert. Two months on from this statement can you please advise what the situation is regarding an update to the version for P3D please.
                                    Cheers,
                                    Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Robert. Two months on from this statement can you please advise what the situation is regarding an update to the version for P3D please.
                                      Dev cycle for MSFS is still ongoing. What Robert wrote above is still the current status
                                      Chris Makris (Olympic260)
                                      PMDG Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by cmakris View Post

Dev cycle for MSFS is still ongoing. What Robert wrote above is still the current status
                                        Okay, I can understand a certain amount of slippage but can you or Robert give some indication of how long this is likely to be? We have all be patient and not posted until two months has passed.
                                        Cheers,
                                        Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Okay, I can understand a certain amount of slippage but can you or Robert give some indication of how long this is likely to be? We have all be patient and not posted until two months has passed.
                                          They still haven't released the -800 or -900 series yet, so I'm assuming they'll figure something out once that happens.
                                          Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

Ray-

You must have missed the update thread in which I mentioned that we are mapping out a pretty significant update for the P3D users of NGXu. We are quite busy with 100% team tasked to the 737 for MSFS program at the moment, but once have a chance to come up for air- a code update to push the updated lafteral flight path model to P3D will appear.

I forget which update thread this information was included in, but was about 4-6 weeks back...

Robert S. Randazzo
                                            PMDG Simulations

Comment

• RayP
                                              RayP commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Thanks Robert, I did miss that announcement. Thanks for the update. I’ll keep an eye on announcements.

May I know what LNAV updates are some customers waiting for P3D? I mean, what's the issue from LNAV customers want to fix?

Patricio Valdes

Comment

Patricio-

Nothing "wrong" per se- we are simply upgrading a major component so that it provides a more realistic simulation. This is something we do that is a bit unusual for software companies generally and simulation companies specifically- in that we continue to update our products with upgrades and new features long after their initial release cycle. Generally speaking we don't stop updating products until around the decade mark, depending upon market conditions.

The updates tend to be very close together at release and very far apart toward the end of life.

Robert S. Randazzo
                                              PMDG Simulations

Comment

PMDG have not yet finished their development of the 737 series for MSFS. Every response that Robert has provided regarding this issue has made it clear that, while that's the case, 100% of the team is focused on the MSFS product.

It's quite easy to surmise that we won't get an update until that process is completed. So why push for something, even with this imposed deadline of 2 months, when it appears to be clear that there is no news as of this moment?
                                                Robert Sutherland

Comment

• RayP
                                                  RayP commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  I wasn’t pushing. I asked because two months had elapsed since he said it would be in around two months. He’s already answered so I’m not sure why you felt compelled to.

Patricio-

Nothing "wrong" per se- we are simply upgrading a major component so that it provides a more realistic simulation. This is something we do that is a bit unusual for software companies generally and simulation companies specifically- in that we continue to update our products with upgrades and new features long after their initial release cycle. Generally speaking we don't stop updating products until around the decade mark, depending upon market conditions.

The updates tend to be very close together at release and very far apart toward the end of life.
                                                Thanks Robert, that is what I was expecting to learn and clearly many customers are trying to push for updates quickly for almost no reasons. So far, I didn't have LNAV issues yet with any of the PMDG products family. I have purchased in the past all those Birds since FS2004 up to the actual MSFS. Maybe I don't setup the plane well enough (lol).
                                                Robert, any update and upgrades are well welcome to my sim Collection and for all of us.
                                                So far, I understand now, if we want updates then we must follow PMDG chain command first meaning, MSFS2020 on the way until the planned Birds family become released and satisfied for future updates. Then, if PMDG decides to update the planes for P3D I think will be easier to release updates as we would like or for some reason.
                                                I apologize if I misunderstood.

Patricio Valdes

Comment

You must have missed the update thread in which I mentioned that we are mapping out a pretty significant update for the P3D users of NGXu. We are quite busy with 100% team tasked to the 737 for MSFS program at the moment, but once have a chance to come up for air- a code update to push the updated lafteral flight path model to P3D will appear.

I forget which update thread this information was included in, but was about 4-6 weeks back...
                                                  Is this it.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-fo...anything-right
                                                  Captain Kevin

Kevin Yang

Comment

• RayP
                                                    RayP commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    No wonder I missed it. P3D news is buried and very easy to miss.

Originally posted by james42 View Post
                                                  Just to add my thoughts on this. I have moved over to MSFS now but I'm a long term PMDG customer and purchased all available Boeing products for P3D. Moving forward, I feel slightly apprehensive about buying anything from PMDG for MSFS. I understand P3D is probably considered a dead sim, but many things have been promised to its users and for these things not to be delivered is a little disappointing.
                                                  Hi James,

yes this was also my first thought on that matter. But again, see my comment in this post of Febuary 14th. In my eyes there will be no further development/maintenance for P3D products. Their focus now is 100% on MSFS development.

And just to repeat my opinion from April, 9th which might turn into reality: If you want a correct working LNAV logic you have to buy the new MSFS products. That's their strategy. Pretty smart, isn't it? 😉
                                                  Bodo Müller
                                                  Globe Cargo Virtual Airlines.
                                                  A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air

Comment

Working...
                                                  X