Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

LNAV update for P3D - clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LNAV update for P3D - clarification

Hello all and especially to PMDG,

From a comment in the 737-600 thread, I take it to understand that PMDG no longer plan to implement the LNAV update for P3D users.

Some clarification on this would be good?

I'd like to say as a loyal PMDG user and buyer for years, I would find this to be a real kick in the guts for something we've been waiting a long time for, and have been promised for a long time.

All PMDG products have problems following any sort of half-complex departure route the way LNAV is at the moment - it's sort of like a bug-fix really.

Yours,
    Rudy

***edited: removed line suggesting the comment had been deleted, it was simply that I was inept in using the forum software***
    Last edited by VHOJT; 07Jun2022, 06:42.
    Rudy Fidao

+1 The navigation database update, LNAV and dual ILS support have been pending for YEARS for existing customers.
    Regards

Stephen Cooke

For PFPX aircraft performance files visit: AirlinerPerformance

Comment

Clarification on the 777 VC update would also be welcome..

Ioan

Comment

Agreed! +1
        Jan Podlipsky

Comment

There has been a very strong reaction to the decision not to fix the LNAV problem over at AvSim. I have suggested people post here since it’s unlikely RR will visit AvSim.

I notice the P3D version of the NGXu is still for sale. So any new customers will also experience the LNAV problem. If you’re not planning to fix known bugs in the P3D version shouldn’t you make that clear on the purchase page for the P3D version? Or perhaps withdraw it from sale?

But it would seem you want the best of both worlds. Not spend time fixing a problem but continue to make money from P3D sales.

I have bought the PMDG737NGX twice (for P3D v4 and v5) both for full price. For the money paid I would expect it to be a solid product with no major issues. If PMDG have committed to fixing the LNAV problem and are now cancelling that promise you risk serious reputational damage to your company. The number of P3D users may have reduced in recent months but there are still plenty who continue to use it.

How do you expect to win the trust of those P3D customers who may buy MSFS but won’t buy any PMDG product because they feel abandoned?

I would urge Mr Randazzo to reconsider his decision. If the problem is fixed for the MSFS version how hard can it be to do the same for the P3D version?
          Cheers,
          Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

• VHOJT
            VHOJT commented
            Editing a comment
            Ray makes a very good point - I may use MSFS one day, depending on when some sim limitations are ironed out. This issue will certainly have me deciding whether or not I'll have any PMDG aircraft in the hangar.

• Arty57
            Arty57 commented
            Editing a comment
            SMNielsen, yes. It’s a bug, not a known software limitation when for YEARS now it has been stated by PMDG and RR that it is being addressed in the “New LNAV v 2.0…Coming Soon To A PMDG P3D Product Near You”. You can be wrong, but please don’t be disingenuous

• rsrandazzo
            rsrandazzo commented
            Editing a comment
            For those participating in this thread: Ray makes a point- but ray is deliberately being dishonest for reasons known only to him. PMDG is one of the few developers that *have not* killed off all non MSFS development. If we do- we will do so in a very deliberate and organized fashion. I have stated many times that we are still doing primary development in P3D because Asobo's debugging capability is a joke. We are on your side in this argument and dishonesty like Ray's make a mockery of that commitment. We are a small team with limited resources and when we dedicate 100% of those resources to a single project- it means 100%. I can't see beyond the end if this project for what happens next, and that is all that was said here. To put it another way: There is only one person in this forum with the ability to make these updates happen for P3D, and blokes like Ray are shouting at him. - RSR

I could not say it any better than Rudy and Ray have.
          Please clarify what is going on with the 777 cockpit and the LNAV updates.

Allan Hay

Comment

As a long standing customer, I cannot express my disappointment from the news published in the latest official post from PMDG. Yes, I might be using P3D now less and less, but I will really think things over before investing in your new software for MSFS, just because you let your old faithful customers in P3D down with promises that you never delivered for the same platform. So, no updated improved promised LNAV, no GFO, no updated VC for the 777 lineup, no rain marker. Who can guarantee that you won't do the same with MSFS when a new sim platform emerges one day?
            Ivan Majetic

Comment

I think it just makes sense for them commercially to focus all their development effort into ramping up their MSFS fleet.

Once that is done, they will probably evaluate how things are on P3D's side of things and decide if updating the LNAV is worth it or not.
              Thiago Braun - MSFS

Comment

• NegativeApproach
                NegativeApproach commented
                Editing a comment
                I think Thiago understand this, Braun, as his comment comes in as number 8, the first *seven* being critical towards PMDGs strategy. - C. Linden

• Simpilot2019
                Simpilot2019 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the same way as Thiago did. PMDG is a company but they can't hire thousands of developers. All of them seem to be fully occupied to bring the product line into MSFS. Most important is they are a "company". They have to adopt new markets and opportunities to keep it running. I assume the current revenue on P3D product purchase is close to "0". They strongly need to gain new opportunities asap or they can close. I've spend more than 1.000€ for PMDG products for several platforms and I truly love all as there are now. I'm not a real world pilot and I have to say that all PMDG aircraft fly wherever I command it to do. My recommendation to all of you obviously frustrated users is "FLY AND HAVE FUN". I really believe on day the update will come how long it may take. I didn't read any statement that P3D updates are abandoned for ever.
                BR
                Andreas Hoevel

• rsrandazzo
                rsrandazzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Gents- Thiago has it absolutely right. This is precisely what we wrote when we shifted all development effort to the 737 for MSFS. Once we are done, further evaluation will take place- and this was restated in my answer to another poster. If we have an official policy change we will make it in bold letters. - RSR

Originally posted by GCBraun View Post
              I think it just makes sense for them commercially to focus all their development effort into ramping up their MSFS fleet.

Once that is done, they will probably evaluate how things are on P3D's side of things and decide if updating the LNAV is worth it or not.
              It's worth it to the loyal customers who have supported PMDG thus far for many years.

If it's okay, I'm hoping to keep speculation to a minimum so we can get a clear answer from PMDG.
              Rudy Fidao

Comment

As I have said somewhere else:

"Showing they still care their existing customer by releasing some crucial bug fixes at least would be also be impotent for conversing your new customer that you do care, what if MSFS12 or some even better platform from different developer would came out in few years and break all existing add-ons again? Who would take care of them then?"
                ZHU Hai
                B737 Ground instructor

Comment

Keep in mind that today's software has a lifespan of 2 years after that. it's a gift.
                  In other words, take the price and divide it by 24 months...
                  Cédrice Rive 747, MD11, 737, 777

Comment

Just to add my thoughts on this. I have moved over to MSFS now but I'm a long term PMDG customer and purchased all available Boeing products for P3D. Moving forward, I feel slightly apprehensive about buying anything from PMDG for MSFS. I understand P3D is probably considered a dead sim, but many things have been promised to its users and for these things not to be delivered is a little disappointing.

James Gill

Comment

Originally posted by VHOJT View Post
                      Hello all and especially to PMDG,

From a comment in the 737-600 thread that seems to have been deleted since, unless I have gone blind, I take it to understand that PMDG no longer plan to implement the LNAV update for P3D users.

Some clarification on this would be good?

I'd like to say as a loyal PMDG user and buyer for years, I would find this to be a real kick in the guts for something we've been waiting a long time for, and have been promised for a long time.

All PMDG products have problems following any sort of half-complex departure route the way LNAV is at the moment - it's sort of like a bug-fix really.

Yours,
                      Rudy
                      I couldn´t agree more !
                      Manolo Ruiz Carrió

Comment

I agree with Ray. Something broken or not functioning as described at point of purchase should either entail a fix or refund customers who bought it based on the assumption that XYZ would be functional. It would be against the law in my country for not doing so.

David Gallagher
                        David Gallagher

Comment

According to the update back in January, the LNAV update for the QOTS II/747 was already in beta testing at that time. Why not finish it?

Comment

A few sentences from me

Unfortunately, this is how business works under product montopoly.
                            The market in sim is quite specific in that there is basically no competition, so the consumer has no choice, which means that he has to accept the conditions and often the approach to the consumer, which in this market is far from pro-consumer.
                            The lack of competition allows for an approach of: "they are for us" and not "we are for them". - that is what we say in Poland.

I myself work in business and I know how important customer relations are, not only with potential customers but also with current ones. What is important in a relationship is open communication and the presentation of clear intentions. Business is changing, the goals and target audience are changing, but what remains the same is that the success of a business is determined by the relationship with the client and their satisfaction.

A clear message also applies to a situation in which the customer receives clear information that they no longer belong to the target group of my business, but also gets a clear message as to whether and to what extent they can count on support - and usually they can, because the opinion of regular customers does a key job in business.
                            However, this is the case in a competitive market, which simply does not exist in the sim market.

There is no alternative if not here then I go to someone else. This is how the sim add-ons market is. I also fail to see the effect of customer feedback in this business - how many MSFS users are interested in the approach to currently using P3D and how publishers approach this group and how feedback affects the publisher's rating. In my opinion, none.
                            In a competitive business such opinions are often crucial to choosing my services, but I don't operate in a monopolistic environment and I have competition.

I am able to understand that the prevailing current and target consumer group is on the MSFS side. As I suppose PMDG's calculation is based on the assumption that it is better to abandon projects under P3D even with a high degree of sophistication and make money on the large number of customers entering the business together with MSFS - often for the first time. Earning from economies of scale is nothing new, and it seems to me that it is very important in this business too.

In general, I don't want to invoke values such as constancy or loyalty of current users who remain with P3D for various reasons. I personally stay with P3D because I don't want and don't have time for sim changes.

For me incomprehensible in PMDG is the lack of a clear message what is next with support or new products for P3D.
                            I understand that the monopolistic position changes the point of view of the consumer, but it can not determine the lack of any information even the worst.
                            Before MSFS there were several things: new LNAV, possibly MAX, VC for 777 etc. From the information it was clear that some of these were well advanced - the MAX topic was on hold due to Boing's problems with that model.
                            I for one see a clear abandonment of projects and a move away from the consumer, who is now beyond PMDG's interest.

It would be good to make it clear what is next, of course if PMDG feels the need to do so to current consumers. I think that is the least PMDG owes us.

PMDG customer

Best regards

Grzegorz Pawlik

Comment

• Simpilot2019
                              Simpilot2019 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              As I mentioned above, any investment in time and money into P3D before MSFS line up is ready will risk the company PMDG in total. You can consider that current revenue in P3D product selling is 0. The only chance for PMDG to work on P3D again is the successful launch of their products in MSFS. otherwise they can close the doors. So wait, support and see....
                              BR
                              Andreas Hoevel

• Greggy_D
                              Greggy_D commented
                              Editing a comment
                              "As I mentioned above, any investment in time and money into P3D before MSFS line up is ready will risk the company PMDG in total. You can consider that current revenue in P3D product selling is 0. The only chance for PMDG to work on P3D again is the successful launch of their products in MSFS. otherwise they can close the doors."

Any good company, with forethought for their customers, will budget built-in support costs. The issues that need to be addressed have existed for YEARS. It is not a new support expense that just surprised them in 2022.

Greg Dee
                              Last edited by Greggy_D; 06Jun2022, 17:09.

Someone from PMDG should post in this thread saying that P3ds is abandoned or just shoved on a low-flame back burner. Everyone is commenting on Randazzo's business sense in turning the company toward the money maker that MSFS is at the moment, That faucet may slow as the newbies discover that at high end product such as those produced by PMDG is beyond them as not being just fun and games. But his not speaking at all to this topic doesn't make good business either.
                            Bob Zolto

Comment

Insert:

As an old customer, I have almost all the products (except DC6).

Since 1997 (25 years ago) for a long period of time they were a top-notch company.

For a few good years, the quality of the products (especially, LNAV, VNAV, and A/P) functions start to be a noticeable issue. Instead of addressing these major functionality problems, PMDG, actually RR, chooses to continue releasing and porting over to new platform (s) the same broken items with total disregard to the customer request (complains).

Other developers managed to overcome these problems without blaming the market, waiting for whatever tools or other excuses.
                              On top of that, RR makes questionable (deceiving) statements that he will release to the public fixes that are in testing progress and with the release of the MSFS he will have it ready implemented.
                              Unfortunately, not true, and on top of that dropping the ball regarding support for P3D.
                              Today, with this MSFS we have a couple of other developers that managed to provide us with a few midsize jets that don't suffer from so many bugs and major navigation (FMC, MCDU) functionality issues, and better quality aerodynamically characteristics, flying close to a midsize jet, not like a light twin.
                              Personally, with this kind of approach, I don't see any bright future if RR continues to make these kinds of decisions.
                              Right now, his reputation is quite damaged and many of us having his products don't feel comfortable with this or even purchasing anything else from PMDG under these conditions.
                              Vlad Tepes

Comment

I am too the one who bought 772 expansion and NGXu (while owning two NGXs for FSX and P3D) hoping for LNAV update, GFO and T7 VC update. Also its been told that dynamic lights will come to 747s cockpit as well as -8 features like flaps and deceleration point on ND will be added eventually. There are still bugs in T7 like refueling using ground operations, jerky movements when leveling off, turning wrong direction with TRK selected for roll and etc.
                                It reminds me UGCX, when long list of upcoming features were announced back in release day and none of them was actually implemented. When MSFS appeared on the horizon they simply abandoned development and screwed their customers. Now it is just a bugged pushback tool with an unhandy UI and poor animations.
                                Come on gentlemen, we all do understand why and what is that.
                                Kenan Aghayev

Comment

I fully appreciate and respect PMDG's decision to fully concentrate on MSFS and despite, we probably weren't contractually promised, however, the intent of releasing a number of updates/new products such as the LNAV/GFO/777 VC etc. were definitely conveyed - including a number of updates to the 747 with the LNAV-update as the main item which was - apparently - just short of being released for Beta testing.

However, nothing has happened and the communication back in November/December 2021 about the future of P3D products was sudden, contrary, vague and inconclusive.

As, I believe, it will take a while before the 747 and 777 is released for MSFS, some of us who are devoted to the plane itself - rather than the simulator - will happily fly on in P3D until the 747 and 777 is finally released for MSFS (if not P3D strikes back ). However, the lack of development of the products starts to show and features that could be implemented is held back contrary to what the competition is offering.

I have bought all PMDG products except for the DC-6 - and I will buy the entire MSFS range of 737 because I want to support PMDG - despite may main focus is the 744 - and I have done so because the aircrafts are great, top-of-the line and because I want PMDG to still being able to develop my "favourite" aircraft as well as keep pushing the other product lines as well. Nothing does come from nothing!

However, I cannot feel nothing but disappointed about the vague communication regarding the intention of the future P3D-product line. What does it matter that MSFS may be the future if you cannot fly a decent aircraft of your choice in it yet. It doesn't make me abandon P3D (yet?) just because of that.

Apparently, it was conveyed that the LNAV was supposed to take about two weeks to develop when all necessary resources were put in - so why is it, there isn't room to do this ? (isn't it possible to take time out after the -800 is released and complete the update)

And if there is room sometime later this year, then why not be open and communicate this? - or take the decision to prioritize this and - if necessary - charge an update fee for it?
                                  If MSFS is so good after all, you will eventually be able to move the 747 and 777 afficionados over there as well but give them some credit (product development) in the meantime. Afterall, the P3D-products definitely "made PMDG greater" on the basis of a large loyal group of customers.

So my message to PMDG is, Please - at least - consider making room for the LNAV update for the P3D-line soon and in any case please communicate this clearly whatever your future P3D-plans are.
                                  Last edited by N119UA; 07Jun2022, 08:56.
                                  Søren Geertsen

Comment

Originally posted by GCBraun View Post

So you mean it's OKAY to lie to the current customers and just make false statements to please the audience? Everyone here knows that PMDG will of course pay more attention to MSFS at this moment, what we are concerned about is the false statements that were made by PMDG aka RSR long ago.

THIS day, we still have an active development agenda in P3D and developers working within the platform daily

The 777 is right back at the top of the update cycle for us again, and you can anticipate updates across the entire product range now, bringing all three products new LNAV, new Navdata processes, updated VCs for the 777 and the 747 and much much more.
                                    These are the quotes from the thread after the -200ER release. They even said somewhere back in January 2021 that they have started testing on the new LNAV for the 747 and even said that it will probably be ready to be released by "summer 2021". Let's also not forget that this was the most expensive expansion, $77.72. Even the current 737 single package is cheaper than that lol.

Now keep in mind, these were said in 2021. MSFS was launched by then, so the excuse of "We didn't know MSFS was going to be out there" fails automatically. We are in 2022 now and neither of those quotes seem to be true since there has literally been 0 updates or news. So what was that? A lie? A lollipop to calm down the current users and show "hope"? You tell me.

Once again I clarify, this is not a my sim vs your sim thing.

Joost Christiaan
                                    Last edited by Numark; 06Jun2022, 18:04.

Comment

• threegreen
                                      threegreen commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      FWIW, he didn't say or imply anything about it being okay to lie to customers, make false statements, etc.

Originally posted by Numark View Post

So you mean it's OKAY to lie to the current customers and just make false statements to please the audience?.
                                    Please do not use such inflammatory language as it’s likely to get the topic locked. Stay civil please.
                                    Cheers,
                                    Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Originally posted by StachM View Post
                                      According to the update back in January, the LNAV update for the QOTS II/747 was already in beta testing at that time. Why not finish it?
                                      My point as well. It was in a second round of beta testing last we heard officially in P3D. Now, we find out the long promised LNAV update is no longer coming to P3D (there is a screen shot grab of Robert's comment on Avsim). How is anyone supposed to believe anything Randazzo posts anymore? I certainly will not. The day is coming when I will move to MSFS and for sure, I will never spend any funds on PMDG anymore after this CaptainSim type move. I'd rather go without any plane they make then give them another dime.
                                      Last edited by B777ER; 06Jun2022, 17:19.
                                      Eric Fisher

Comment

I was a user of FS9 in its time, when FSX came out I bought the B777 and B747 and in P3D I bought all the planes with their respective expansions. I really don't regret buying all these addons and adding landscapes, airports, weather addons ETC. It hurts to hear that PMDG is ditching P3D plugins for now but let's be honest with ourselves. Back in 2017 I contacted Rob Randazzo and I asked him some questions according to some animations of the exterior models and he answered me the following. "P3D has too many programming limitations since it is a remake of FSX and therefore they cannot advance much on those issues" P3D has not improved the graphics engine, meteorology, they have not updated cockpit systems, environment, landscapes, instruments and systems navigation aids that are now obsolete or have been updated or replaced ETC. P3D in a few words uses technology from the year 2006 backwards which were used in FS9/FSX, let's not forget the errors that we must combat so that P3D works well. MSFS uses a better environment for developers, the technology is advanced where endless animations and simulation can be added, it is constantly updated and I recognize that MSFS is still in a kind of development and has a long way to go to convince many of those of us who still have one foot in P3D. Another thing is that Lockheed has not updated P3D since January 19 of this year, 2022, and it was a hotfix that actually does not notice much change to me. If P3D does not update the entire simulator, I think that more and more users will be mass migrants to MSFS, it is not PMDG's fault, nor is it Lockheed's, but the time that the COVID-19 pandemic existed, many things should have been put on hold and that still remain, thank heavens and the majority of the world is coming out of that nightmare and many of them will return to their tasks, we simply have to be patient and wait for Lockheed to update the P3D and that PMDG can continue working on its calendars, breathe and save your breath Calm down. again we will be happy with what we want and what we want to have in our simulators MSFS or P3D or both as in my case
                                        Steven Silva

PMDG 767 for P3D/MSFS

Comment

Lockheed is severely limited by licensing agreement they have with Microsoft. They cannot introduce an ounce on entertainment into the sandbox without being sued so with introduction of MSFS which is really severely bugged but much better looking P3D majority except few hard core hands will look to abandon the ship as planes are migrated over. From business perspective I get PMDGs unwillingness to invest FTEs into P3D. MSFS offers more audience more exposure more financial stability. Unfortunately that is the nature of capitalism. Personally I'd be super happy if T7 and QOS flew in Xplane and I could uninstall P3D and MSFS and never look back but that is not to be so I'd have to adjust my expectations and go with a flow.
                                          Aleks Matrosov

Comment

So Steven Silva , we finally have a video-game that doesn't limit PMDG wishes... until the next excuse.
                                            Last edited by otreblA; 07Jun2022, 08:18.
                                            Jose Rodrigues

Comment

Originally posted by matrosov View Post
                                              MSFS offers more audience more exposure more financial stability. Unfortunately, that is the nature of capitalism.
                                              You seem to forget the fact that there are outstanding issues with the P3D products that were offered as future updates so we, loyal customers would continue to invest in these products in their current state.

Capitalism works both ways, you can abuse it but eventually, either your luck runs out or you degrade your ethics and quality to the point of becoming another Captain Sim. And we all know how that goes.

I have no problems whatsoever with PMDG's decision to go full-speed MSFS, I understand market dynamics and all that entails. What I don't support is them going full speed to the MSFS side of things and leaving all that was offered behind as it never happened, as if these words never carried any responsibility towards their loyal customer base.

Basically, I feel they abused my trust, plain and simple. This is not about me sticking to the "past" as many of you claim P3D to be. This is about *honoring* some things that were offered in exchange for money that in other circumstances might have not departed many of our wallets. That, and keeping the trust in PMDG as the reference brand they once were in the flightsim world.

Why is that so hard to understand for many? This isn't about MSFS at all. It's about doing the right thing, being responsible, and caring for your customers.

Enrique Vaamonde

Comment

• matrosov
                                                matrosov commented
                                                Editing a comment
                                                MSFS radically changed market dynamics. It was introduced out of the blue. Made P3D virtually obsolete from mass market perspective. The second the likes of PMDG, Leonardo and Fenix figured out ways to work around MSFS limitations P3D went from being one of two major simming platforms to being platform for institutional use. I don't like it anymore than you do from my wallet perspective I have entire PMDG fleet in P3D but I wouldn't call it an abuse of my trust either. I got pretty darn functional product line for my money that I've used and enjoyed for years. Compared to what I've had in my sim it was the best thing since sliced bread now I'd have to migrate so I'll migrate and enjoy some more.

Waiting for Randazzo or someone from PMDG to comment in here.
                                              Bob Zolto

Comment

Guys, please don't initiate another debate between P3D or MSFS which will turn as always as "my sim is better than yours" war and will end with this thread locked.

Those people who still use P3D just ask a legitimate question. Updates were scheduled and kind of promised to the P3D products and they just want to know if those will be released or not.
                                                Stephane Dirand

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Z View Post
                                                  Waiting for Randazzo or someone from PMDG to comment in here.
                                                  I believe only Mr Randazzo is qualified to answer the question. The man at the top makes all key decisions.
                                                  Cheers,
                                                  Ray Proudfoot

(Cheshire, England)

Cheadle Hulme Weather

Comment

Working...
                                                  X