Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[03JUN22] PMDG 737 for MSFS Update to 3.00.0020 is released

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniguz
    replied
    ehmmm the nose gear still does not retract, I just installed my msfs2020 to a new pc and the 737 too and still the nose gear is not retracting down. i have to do it twice before it retracts down

Leave a comment:

• badgenes
    replied
    Just curious if I missed any updates on patch release news, rumors, etc?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Captain Kevin
    replied
    Originally posted by zneham View Post
    Hello, may I know What does it mean:
    CIV5C is a departure procedure for runways 25L and 25R at EBBR. Apparently this particular departure procedure caused a freeze.

Leave a comment:

• GermanSimPilot
    replied
    Wait, the Tripple goes into beta when the first 4 737 bodies are rolled out? So we might expect some more 737 variants and a 777 launch in Q1/Q2 2023? 😃

Leave a comment:

• zneham
    replied
    Hello, may I know What does it mean:
    0011357: [FREEZES - All Types] Sim freeze when using EBBR CIV5C (emvaos)
    My SIM freezes every time I fly PMDG 737 since the last update. Sometimes during pre-flight, taxi or take off.
    Any other airplane is fine, only when I use 737.

I switch back to DX11, lower the graphic settings but nothing worked.

Thanks,
    Mahendra

Leave a comment:

• Waffi
    replied
    Is it just me or is it so much smoother to fly? In terms of flight controls with a airbus stick... it is so much smoother and not nearly as jolty. I don't need constant pressure on the stick anymore for landing! Awesome job PMDG!

-JD Ploch

Leave a comment:

• Stearmandriver
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried just pressing G?

If that doesn't work, you don't have hydraulic pressure on system A. You're either out of fluid, or have your pumps misconfigured.

The gear functions just fine. There is no non-retractable gear issue.

• DrVenkman
    replied
    Originally posted by GarethW View Post
    Greetings one and all!

While basking in the musings of this mutual admiration society, it crossed my mind to ask what 'competent' 737 sim jockeys are doing i.e. despite the non-retractable gear issue?

Yes, I've tried numerous work-arounds with no joy. To the point I couldn't see the fun in meaningful flights with the gear hanging out.

So my handsome '737' sits in the virtual hanger while I check daily for a solution :-) This is not a moan by the way, more the nervous switch of an impatient oldie flyer.

Roberts earlier post was the music my ears needed to hear. He knows well that 'beats' are there for slain, and slay this one, he will . Regards.

Gareth Wilkinson
    Ex-USAS RAF Air Squadron 1964-5
    This isn’t really the thread for troubleshooting your problem, but I’ve never experienced an issue with “non-retractable gear.” Your problem is almost certainly a) a control binding problem; or b) no hydraulic pressure. If a) search the forum for others who might have the same controller and see if they’ve posted about problems and the solutions provided. If b), then service the hydraulics using the FMC menus.

Leave a comment:

• GarethW
    replied
    Greetings one and all!

While basking in the musings of this mutual admiration society, it crossed my mind to ask what 'competent' 737 sim jockeys are doing i.e. despite the non-retractable gear issue?

Yes, I've tried numerous work-arounds with no joy. To the point I couldn't see the fun in meaningful flights with the gear hanging out.

So my handsome '737' sits in the virtual hanger while I check daily for a solution :-) This is not a moan by the way, more the nervous switch of an impatient oldie flyer.

Roberts earlier post was the music my ears needed to hear. He knows well that 'beats' are there for slain, and slay this one, he will . Regards.

Gareth Wilkinson
    Ex-USAS RAF Air Squadron 1964-5

Leave a comment:

• JMKilpatrick
    replied
    "...DCS team, one of their more admirable traits is being candid about the the pieces of things they are working on, the things they have planned, and giving regular progress updates along the way."

Rob, we must be addicted to two entirely different DCS Worlds.

It's a fraught subject, so i'll leave it there. And I'm glad to be a super-fan of both DCS and PMDG.

Leave a comment:

• DrFilippas
    commented on 's reply
    Have you tried RAlt + Click?

• exstense
    replied
    Originally posted by Oswald53 View Post

If the Pop-ups were included I can't get them to work. Please confirm.
    Did you get an answer, or solution? It's not working for me. Also not in windowed mode.
    When I hover over a screen, My mouse cursor change from an arrow into a 'hand'. But it is not clickabel

Leave a comment:

• DrVenkman
    replied
    Originally posted by HDR10 View Post

Not necessarily. They will be shifting between weekly and bi-weekly. So it's possible we could get an update, but it's not a guarantee.

I get the feeling that we may be getting an EFB preview fairly soon, though.
    From the last line of Robert's post (first post in this thread):

Okay- that is all for this update... Time to build the next beta for the test team to look at so that we can hand it to you next week. And so the journey begins!
    Hence my question.

Leave a comment:

• HDR10
    replied
    Originally posted by DrVenkman View Post
    So I wonder … are we still expecting a weekly update today?
    Not necessarily. They will be shifting between weekly and bi-weekly. So it's possible we could get an update, but it's not a guarantee.

I get the feeling that we may be getting an EFB preview fairly soon, though.

Leave a comment:

• DrVenkman
    replied
    So I wonder … are we still expecting a weekly update today?

Leave a comment:

• Airrich
    replied
    Originally posted by Trovis View Post
    I think we deserve more than only visual improvements.
    "We've all got it comin', kid".

Leave a comment:

• Want2BFlyin
    replied
    Originally posted by Trovis View Post
    What are you going on about? My thoroughly unscientific count (meaning don't quote me on this) is that 38 of the listed 69 updates have nothing to do with visual improvements. That means that less than half of the items on the list that we were given are "only visual improvements."

Leave a comment:

• Stearmandriver
    commented on 's reply
    The -700 is a bit more pitchy than the long bodies in reality. It's just more sensitive overall, that's what makes it fun. But when trimmed out and hands-off, it's as stable as the others.
    I would agree that the PMDG aircraft requires more trim than the real aircraft for a given config change, but to me it's just a matter of "fly the plane as required", and it's pretty enjoyable. I'd be disappointed if any significant changes were made to the flight model.

• Trovis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• S3rg1o
    commented on 's reply
    Well...I found the issue, one of my cats lied by the keyboard and rested his head in the key assigned to rudder by default, and pressed it!... and the A/C went crazy (obviously)! I dind't know about that assignment... I deleted it and it solved the problem, aparently!

• FlyingInFocus
    commented on 's reply
    Ralgh Definitely agree with the point about the effect of pitch changes due to flap settings changing, right now my biggest issue with the hand flying is just the pitch sensitivity, which, coupled with the flap changes on a hand-flown raw-data approach, is quite a task to manage.

• Ralgh
    commented on 's reply
    The big thing I have noticed is that thrust changes and changes in flap settings require trim changes way more than previous versions/sims. I too only have experience in the 800 but that is a trait of the real plane. I can’t speak to the sensitivity of the 700. I think my takeaway is that in my experience PC based simulators can only go so far to replicate real airplane feel.

• FlyingInFocus
    commented on 's reply
    Do you not find this thing porpoises like crazy? I have also been raw data flying a ton since I bought it. I fly the 800 IRL not the 700, so maybe theres a difference there, but this thing is nowhere near as stable as the real thing (from my experience) the trim is too weak/not fast enough, I feel like I'm holding it down for ages sometimes just to get an effect. But to be fair, this is an issue not exclusive to the 737, I have always found trimming in this sim a nightmare.

• Ralgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomasukdd View Post
    Are there any plans to fix pitch trim? It's completely unappropriate( Aircraft is just hand-unflyble...
    I've been hand flying extensively since the beginning of beta testing and have not had issue with the pitch trim. Could you elaborate a bit more on what specifically is causing an issue for you?

Leave a comment:

• Stearmandriver
    commented on 's reply
    Can I ask what you find unusable about the trim? I've seen a couple comments like this, and I'm really curious. I find this to be one of the best hand-flying aircraft I've used in the sim; for me, trim feels quite similar to the aircraft. What is it doing for you?

• Thomasukdd
    replied
    Are there any plans to fix pitch trim? It's completely unappropriate( Aircraft is just hand-unflyble...

Leave a comment:

• s0l0m0n004
    replied
    Good evening,
    As a person who works with Boeing 737 aircraft on the daily basis, I have to say I am a little unsatisfied with how are Wing Shake is simulated during pushback, taxi, and in flight phases of flight. It seems to me that no matter what the aircraft is doing (Pushback, taxiing, hard touchdowns, going over uneven surfaces, turbulence), the wing doesn't react appropriately to these events. Instead, we get a rapid small up & down bursts every couple seconds regardless of what the aircraft is actually doing. This is very noticeable during taxiing, when the wing makes rapid up/down bursts every 4-5 seconds in a repeated very noticeable cycle; then the wings would be motionless when you go through bumps/ uneven surfaces, when the cycle is in-between it's bursts and the wing is static.
    I am unsure if this already had been said before, but I thought I'd put this here incase it hasn't been brought up yet.

Leave a comment:

• Want2BFlyin
    replied
    Wait. So resetting your sound settings fixed the problem that you were having with your lights? That's... strange.

Leave a comment:

• Want2BFlyin
    replied
    Originally posted by AMX
    Where can I report a bug with this new update?
    You can mention it here in the forums, and someone from PMDG might see it amidst all of the noise. However, if you want to be absolutely certain that someone from PMDG sees it, then you'll want to report it through their support portal. If you haven't used it before, you'll need to create a new account there.

Also, don't forget to include your full name on your posts (see rule # 1 at the top of this page), which you agreed to do when you created your account. We would hate to see your posts disappear because you aren't following the forum rules.

Leave a comment:

• Arty57
    commented on 's reply
    Look for a hydraulic fault. In my experience it fails far too often and delivers outcomes just like you are seeing.
    -Braun Tacon
Working...
X