Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[10MAY22] NOTAM: If you are having trouble authenticating, downloading or have not received an email confirmation after purchase- please read this

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[10MAY22] NOTAM: If you are having trouble authenticating, downloading or have not received an email confirmation after purchase- please read this

Captains,

We are beginning to separate problems into a couple of different arenas and so far we have been able to help most users who need assistance. Self-help is always faster, and since you are here you are likely relatively computer savvy- so this post is here in hopes that it will get you going faster than we possibly can individually one person at a time.

Please trace through this post and see if any of the problems reported apply to you, and try the recommended solution.

ITEM #1: I ordered, but have not received a confirmation email with a download link:
    Please do the following:
    1) Log into you PMDG ecommerce account and look at your purchase history. Click on the ORDERID.
    2) When looking at the order (make sure it is the correct product!) if you see a green DOWNLOAD PRODUCT button, click it.
    3) You should see a pop-up that allows you to email yourself a Two-Factor authentication.

If you started the above, but found that you do not have a green DOWNLOAD PRODUCT button at step 2, please contact our technical support for further assistance.

ITEM #2: You have a green DOWNLOAD PRODUCT button, but do not get the "Generate Authentication Code" pop up:
    Please do the following:
    4) Turn off pop-up blocking in your browser, and/or authorize popups "from this site" or "from www.pmdg.com"
    5) After turning off the blocker, close your browser, reopen it and start back at step 1.
    If steps 4/5 do not work:
    6) Closer your browser, then reopen it again for private browsing.
    7) return to step Home and move through this process again.

ITEM #3: You do not receive the Authentication Code email:
    Please do the following:
    8) Check your spam filter.
    9) If you control your spam filtering, please white-list/authorize emails from [email protected] or simply pmdg.com depending upon your system.
    NOTE: Some telecoms in germany)habitually block emails from pmdg. We have been trying to resolve this for years with limited success. If you feel your telecom is blocking, we recommend you try using a gmail/hotmail etc type address as this is known to work around the telecom issue.

This guide should help most of you to self help, but not all. There are some user's who's orders get hung up and require our intervention- you can tell this has happened to you if you log into your PMDG account, click on the order and do not see the green DOWNLOAD PRODUCT button. We watch for these in real time, but it isn't always obvious and reaching out to us at technical support will help get you going more quickly.

Thank you for your patience. We appreciate that it is frustrating to feel that you are waiting on an eagerly awaited purchase and we a will do all we can to get you unstuck in the quickest manner possible!

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

It's good to get these issues sorted out now. I expect the 737-800 and 777 for MSFS to do much worse to your servers than this, as scalable as they are. 😅
    Last edited by fahdriyami; 10May2022, 20:35.
    Fahad Al Riyami
    PMDG 737-800 for MSFS, 737NGX, 737NGXu, 747 (+ -8), 777 (+ -300ER). MSFS-exclusive, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo.

PC: Ryzen 7700X, RTX 3090 FE, 32GB DDR5-6000,

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Fahad- There will be a very formal, very firm post-op with the vendor. Criticism will be very specific though, because when they fell down they did a great job of supporting us through the process and getting things going again. - RSR

Robert:

Thanks for the prompt response to my support ticket regarding the activation email and download link. All's well now.

Thanks too for honoring the credit from my purchase 2 years (?) ago of the latest version of the 737 for P3D...it made the purchase of the MSFS 737 all the more sweet!

Finally, have a nice nap.
    Wayne Klockner
    KBED

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Wayne- Glad you got sorted! Equally glad you got the promo program. guys like you helped keep this project moving forward, even though it took longer than we thought. I'm glad we can finally live up to our end of the bargain. Which quadrant of KBED? I fly in and out there frequently and need to know which side of the airport to make all the noise on. :-) - RSR

Hey Rob,
    i will wait because i am the sort of users who can´t see the download button. But I will wait!
    Felix Hofmann

Comment

• rsrandazzo
      rsrandazzo commented
      Editing a comment
      Felix- I found your order and kicked it free. Let me know if you have any further trouble. - RSR

Hey Rob, If you see this can you pleas help me with figuring out what the problem is with this error? https://prnt.sc/5eGRTtakuO-z

I spent way too long yesterday trying to figure it out 😅

Comment

• Michael Codd
      Michael Codd commented
      Editing a comment
      You should not attempt to install any OC2 liveries until after you have run MSFS three times using each one of the three B737-700 variants in turn. According to PMDG MSFS needs to compile each variant when it is selected and starts up. After that you should be able to download a livery without any problems.

• ItsDoodles
      ItsDoodles commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, that should help with if i can get the installer to work. My problem is when i try to install it says that it couldn’t locate the path for that json. Its an error that come up on the installer. Not with the OC2.

• ItsDoodles
      ItsDoodles commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, my friend ran it with only one loaded ever and installed liveries for the one version just fine.

Very helpful email. Was able to walk through the steps to get the download. Can't wait to make my first flight in this beautiful machine.

Paul Cox

Comment

Just spent my last 70 bux on this. I am in the "managed to download the OpCenter but see no green button anywhere on the website or in the Ops Center indicated where or how to download this" I've been sent codes to my email, I go to the Ops Center and there is nothing going on there. No link. No directions whatsoever as to how to download this thing. I have no idea where this download is or how to access it. Do I have to wait another month for all of this to be sorted out? I guess I should have used the money for gas, instead. What an idiot I am buying this mess. Think I'll go make a FBW A320 flight. That works.
      Andrew Hogue
      Battle Creek, MI
      Age 53

Comment

• rsrandazzo
        rsrandazzo commented
        Editing a comment
        Nameless- Unfortunately I'm unable to help you because I don't know who you are. Please visit with our support team at support.pmdg.com and one of us will assist you. -RSR

I did all of the above. Triple-checked my eMail addresses, whitelisted [email protected] everywhere just to be sure, but still nothing on my end.

I ordered the 737 at wave 1 directly after their release, but I'm still waiting to get my activation code/download link, but the website is still saying "Download link: Not available". It's... Yeah... 😅 Getting kinda frustrated here because it seems like I'm the only one with the problem. All of my other pals already got theirs.
      Niklas Cyris

Comment

• rsrandazzo
        rsrandazzo commented
        Editing a comment
        Niklas- I checked on your account and I see a valid license key and download link conained within it. Are you signing into your account and seeing the green download button, then not getting the 2-factor authentication? Is that what is happening? - RSR

Originally posted by ghs22 View Post
      Just spent my last 70 bux on this. I am in the "managed to download the OpCenter but see no green button anywhere on the website or in the Ops Center indicated where or how to download this" I've been sent codes to my email, I go to the Ops Center and there is nothing going on there. No link. No directions whatsoever as to how to download this thing. I have no idea where this download is or how to access it. Do I have to wait another month for all of this to be sorted out? I guess I should have used the money for gas, instead. What an idiot I am buying this mess. Think I'll go make a FBW A320 flight. That works.
      That same window you clicked in to get the code sent is where you want to stay. Make sure your popup blocker is off (I used edge I think to do this). After you click the link to send the 2FA code, just stay there, the box should appear for you to paste it from your email. Then it redirects you to the download.

Comment

Download was smooth and easy today, took all of 5 minutes
        John C

Comment

I noticed others had this problem as well.

After trying about 5 times and getting the send download button, code then inputting the emailed code and going back to the same window cycle.

I just switched browsers to Chrome and the download worked. In the background while still sending me back to the resend code page cycle. It took a minute for me to realize the download was actually working.

NOTE: I always use my Mac to download anything never the PC, just so much safer. Then I transfer to the Sim PC after virus checking file. I was using Safari to start.

I just figured I would post this in case someone else still has this issue.

All good now, I will instal later today on the sim machine. Probably tonight, we are having wonderful spring weather here ion New England too good to stay inside in front of a screen. A bike ride is called for.

Have fun everyone...
          Olof Ekbergh
          Com GA Pilot, Retired • X-P 11.50 RC1 or latest • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen.

Comment

Originally posted by olof View Post

NOTE: I always use my Mac to download anything never the PC, just so much safer.
            It's not any safer. MacOS gets trashed just as easily as Windows. Most of the people who I had to do reloads for at the shop I worked at that specialized in Crapple products thought the same thing too.

Comment

• FlightSimJack
              FlightSimJack commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought what he was trying to say was that it's safer in the sense that if there were to be a virus or anything in anything that he downloads, he'd rather find out from his Mac than risk infecting his PC. I think that's what he was trying to say, rather than saying it's safer because Mac's can't get viruses.
              Jack Wilson

Had to wait a couple of hours for the email but In the end was all worth it.
            When I jumped in the cockpit and seen the cockpit in 4K my jaw dropped.
            Love everything about this plane inside and out.
            Thanks
            Ricky C.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 4.8GHz
            GPU: Nvidia GTX 3080
            RAM: 64Gb

Comment

After a long day yesterday; Post night shift about 1800 L, I finally; could drop my beautiful 737 at Renton tarmac: What an amazing simulation! WOW effect in all areas! although; I haven't flown her yet, I know I am taking my time adjusting some miscellaneous items such TCA and honeycomb interfaces and also trying to get the blue color effect on the mouse and it is hard to find that setting on the menu to disable it. If anyone knows about switching this feature off pls ( mouse movement on the whole FD tints everything blue on almost everything it touches, it is annoying -) RO
              Rolando Olmo

Comment

So what do I do if this is all I have and no email in 7-8 hours?😐
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• megazonewest
                  megazonewest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Click on the the order number

Originally posted by SWKPHL737 View Post
                So what do I do if this is all I have and no email in 7-8 hours?😐
                Press on your order number, it will open the order details, see if you have a download link there. Otherwise raise a support ticket here: https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/
                Manuel Díaz.

Comment

Anyone else getting this ?
                  Attached Files
                  Stewart M

Comment

• ItsDoodles
                    ItsDoodles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    YES! I troubleshooted for 6 hours yesterday and got no where. Rob won’t respond to me and try to help and i’m about done with the product at this point and honestly want a refund. Maybe we can work together to try and figure it out. Seems like nobody even cares ab it or knows anything ab it either. If you want to contact me my discord is Doodles#4349

• CptKaji
                    CptKaji commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Raised a ticket and this is the response l got "This is due to the long path name restriction in MSFS. For now press ignore and the installation will complete with no issues. We are looign for a solution". In other words we are stuffed, l cant install the sim on my main drive so yeah no PMDG for me if these 2 texture files are something glaring or break the aircraft.. would have to try for a refund for now until MS or PMDG find a workaround. Its an issue with a lot of installation when you have your sim on a different drive to your main it seems. With the WT mod l work around this by just extracting the file within the community folder, didnt realise it was the same problem
                    Last edited by CptKaji; 10May2022, 17:48.

• megazonewest
                    megazonewest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Had the same thing yesterday but after running the sim and doing a flight and then restarting my PC it just worked. Make sure u just have the ops center open and not the sim.

Note this is a msfs isssue not pmdg. You may have other issues with other addons. To get around this find you community folder and make a short cut to your desktop and then placed extracted files into it. Hopefully should be sorted on the next update.
                    Last edited by megazonewest; 10May2022, 19:23.

Guess I'll either eat the 70 bucks or wait a week and see if I can download then. I don't understand this process at all and I don't see any clear instructions as to how to go about any of this. Just curious, how much more should I have paid for an easier install process? I would have paid an extra hundred bucks for that.
                  Andrew Hogue
                  Battle Creek, MI
                  Age 53

Comment

• Murf7413
                    Murf7413 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would say submit a ticket. They have been pretty good with taking care of the issues for folks from what i have seen.

• Crabby
                    Crabby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ghs22 I would love to see that exchange. Dear Mr. No First/Last Name guy. We have a simpler install process and all we need is another 100 dollars. Your brain would explode.

I "log in to the ecommerce account" and it takes me to the main PMDG page. I hit downloads at the top and it gives me a link to download the PMDG Operations Center. After a virus warning (from somewhere unknown, everything is off) and my CPU not wanting to download it, I get through that and download it. I open it. It says "check now". I click on it. It flashes. Nothing happens.

Once yesterday, I was on the website somewhere and a green thing popped up and I took note of the code provided. I think a link took me back to the page to download the Op Center. So around and around I go. I've tried Google Chrome browser also. All antivirus software and firewalls are off afaik.

Am I to be downloading this from the PMDG main website? Or from the Ops Center? Because I see no download button, links or content anywhere in the Ops Center. There is nothing there. Empty. And I am not even sure if I am logging into my ecommerce account. Where is the ecommerce account exactly? On the main PMDG page? I don't see it.
                  Andrew Hogue
                  Battle Creek, MI
                  Age 53

Comment

• megazonewest
                    megazonewest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When u get that blue pop up click more info and then click download anyway

Hi.
                  I think I have a variation of item 2 as follows: I get a green "Download Product" button (screen). I click it and the Authentication code is sent to my email. I copy/paste it in the correct box and from now on NOTHING happens. I.E. - The system goes back to the download screen but no email or pop-up with a download link is sent. Since this morning (07:32 Zulu) I tried connecting 9 times....

Thanks

Benjamin Kupfer

Comment

• megazonewest
                    megazonewest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try changing to a different browser

• Benjamin_K
                    Benjamin_K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    megazonewest comment actually helped. Downloaded file using Microsoft EDGE... Interesting...

Thank you
                    Benjamin K

• megazonewest
                    megazonewest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your welcome

Hey,

i don´t even get an Autentication Code if im trying to download the 737. I gave up yesterday in the evening after i buyed it, but today i really like to spend my evening with this Plane. Maybe someone can help me?

And YES i checked my Spam!😉

Greetings

Jan Krause
                  Last edited by Astanor; 10May2022, 18:11.
                  Jan Krause

Comment

• megazonewest
                    megazonewest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you click ur account info, the orders.you should see an order number. Click the order number. You should then see a download link. If not please contact pmdg support. You may have to create a new login for that part.

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jan- Looking at your account details causes me to suggest that you take a look at my post up top, and look at item Private Messages There is a "NOTE" under it. That note applies to you, I am nearly certain. -RSR

• Astanor
                    Astanor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you so much Robert i´ve never had this Proplem bevor but now it´s solved thanks!

Same here no email no Autentication Code 5h past
                  Spam folder is empty.

Update:

The Provider " GMX " is blocked!!!
                  I changed my account settings to a gmail account and now i got my Email and Autentication code
                  Last edited by Pisskut; 10May2022, 19:34.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nameless- Glad to hear you got that sorted. GMX is one of the carriers we have been pestering for years. They will stop blocking us, and then immediately on the next product release go back to blocking us because there is too much traffic. - RSR

• Pisskut
                    Pisskut commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Robert thank you and your team for this nice product.
                    I love the plane.

Hello to everyone.

Congratulations to the all team for the amazing job done for this release.

I will have a question. A friend have trouble with the installer ones he put the serial number the installer close automaticly. Any idea?

He doesn´t speak english also, but you can´t anything for this last point, i know.

In advance thanks for your help.
                  Philippe Dufour.
                  Level: Basic Knowledge.
                  PMDG Product: DC-6 FS2020.
                  Blog:FLIGHTSIMACTU.FR

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Philippe- Normally this is an indication that the anti-malware suite is seeing the installer's efforts to reach a secure site as a threat- and it is killing the installer. Unfortunately, for legal reasons I cannot give any advice on how best to cure that... I suspect the instructons for the anti malware in use can offer some suggestions, however! - RSR

• wedge
                    wedge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes I guess so. That's just so you know
                    I've just retried this morning and it's now downloading at between 5 and 10 MB/s which is much better.

Web.de seems to be also blocked. It worked for registering to the forum and the welcome mail went straight into the Spam-folder. But activating the aircraft to be able to download is not working at all with a Web.de E-Mail adress. No mail received at all. GMX is also blocked as I read obove, so I switched to GMail, which I never ever used before for anything and this fortunatly finally works.
                  Maik Zeranski
                  EDDB

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maik- Thanks for that data point. Yeah- this has been a cat/mouse game for years. It gets tiring. - RSR

I got it. Firefox wanted permission for pop-ups, is why it was not downloading. I didn't see the little icon up top at first. I think I got it finally. It's downloading now. Awesome. I'm sure it's a great product.
                  Andrew Hogue
                  Battle Creek, MI
                  Age 53

Comment

• dylqn
                    dylqn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great to hear! It's smooth sailing from there, just remember the first time you load up any variant it takes around 10-25 minutes to load up, it's compiling a ton of data. After that, it's less than a minute

I have read through the existing suggestions from PMDG posted here and they do not resolve my downloading problem. Here is what I have encountered:
                  • I click on my Order Number, which generates a request button that sends an activation code to my correct email address
                  • I copy the code and insert it where it is required.
                  • The system seems to accept my code and generates a message with a green download box.
                  • I click the download box but instead of starting the download, it sends me another message that I should generate a a code email.
                  So, effectively, I am caught in an infinite loop. Please help.

Comment

• PHRodgers
                    PHRodgers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am using Firefox. I have never had a problem with pop up blockers and downloads. Don't think that's the issue here.

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nameless- Is it possible to try using chrome or edge? I'm a firefox user and don't have any trouble when testing our system- but sometimes I find firefox disagrees with some of the sites I use for various aviation tools I work with. If firefox fights with a site, I usually fine chrome behaves... Might also be worth checking to see if any extensions you have in firefox might be monkeying with your efforts? So many things can cause what yo uare seeing unfortunately it can be a trial and error... -RSR

• Benjamin_K
                    Benjamin_K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try using Microsoft Edge to log in and download. I had the same and it worked for me.

Benjamin K

I wrote to GMX support they should stop blocking PMDG mails. 10 Minutes later i became 15 Verification Codes 🤣. Coincidence ?

Ilja Smolnikov

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ilja- NO KIDDING? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. I hope you cured it for all GMX users. If so- we are most appreciative! - RSR

Glad the issue are sorted.
                  Although I don't know if there are servers in the cloud around the word as download is really extrememly slow. Going about 100KB/s while with my bandwith I can download without issue from steam at around 100MB/s (still limited by my local network as my fiber connection is 2Gbps upload and about 600Mbps upload).
                  I'll probably retry tomorrow as I did not had enough time after work and don't want to keep the computer up at night, I don't know if that could be some high load issue or not.
                  Aurelien Vandoorine

Comment

• rsrandazzo
                    rsrandazzo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aurelien- We are handled by amazon AWS and cloudront. For the most part it works really well and goes fast- but occasionally we do hear from customers who are experiencing slower speeds. I can't say I have ever found a way to understand why that happens in some pockets. - RSR

Am i missing something? There’s no Key Command menu in the fmc like we had in p3d? Please confirm
                  John C

Comment

To those having trouble downloading. Use Edge, not Google Chrome. The pop up blocker blocks the download.
                    Aaron Saenz

Comment

• matteros
                      matteros commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I use Google Chrome. with The pop up blocker blocks, no problem

Mats Rosberg.
                  Working...
                  X