Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[07MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Release: Pricing. Where and How to Purchase

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[07MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Release: Pricing. Where and How to Purchase

Captains-

As we move into the release phase, there are a couple of questions related to purchasing that keep coming up in various threads, so I thought I would address them in a single location.

Where to Purchase: www.PMDG.com:
    It is estimated that the product will become available between the hours of 1700Z and 2359Z/09MAY.
    In the event of a delay, we will alert you here in the PMDG forum.

Where to Purchase: Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace
    The PMDG 737-700 will become available through Marketplace at some date in the future.
    The product has not yet been submitted to MS Marketplace, as our goal is to ensure that the product is stable before putting it into the MS intake system.
    It took a few months for DC-6 to complete the intake process and become live. MS had made continued improvements to the intake process and we anticipate it will take less time for 737, but we must reach consensus on stability before we will submit it to them because it is harder to push updates to MS Marketplace users quickly if they are needed.

Pricing:
    Release Promotional Pricing for the 737-700 is $69.99.
    Upon release of the 737-600, Promotional Pricing will end and the price will rise to $74.99.

Prepar3D 737NGXu Move-Up Program (Nov-Dec2019):
    For those customers who purchased the PMDG 737NGXu for Prepar3D during November/December 2019, you automatically qualified for the PMDG 737 for MSFS Move-Up program.
    This program was a limited time offer giving you $99.99 in credit at www.pmdg.com to use toward the purchase of the PMDG 737 for MSFS.
    This promotion requires that you use your credits only at www.pmdg.com. You cannot use them in MS Marketplace.
    If you qualified for this unique program, PMDG has automatically added $99.99 in credit to your account at PMDG.com. You may use this credit toward the purchase of any PMDG product that you like.
    Unused credits will remain in your account and can be used on multiple purchases.
    Credits will remain available through 31DEC24.
    Individuals who received promotional copies of the 737NGXu do not qualify for this program.
    Individuals who received refunds on the qualifying NGXu purchase, or who have otherwise had their account access removed do not qualify for this program.
    If you feel that you qualify but do not see credit in your account, please contact technical support.
    The PMDG 737NGX for FSX or Prepar3D does not qualify for this program.

Pricing on 737-600/800/900:
    Pricing for the 737-700 and 737-800 are anticipated to be equal.*
    Pricing for the 737-600 is TBA but will be approximately $50.*
    Pricing for the 737-900 is TBA.*

* Subject to change.

Estimated Timeline for PMDG 737 for MSFS:
    PMDG 737-700 for MSFS: 09MAY22
    PMDG 737-600 for MSFS: ~20JUN22**
    PMDG 737-800 for MSFS: ~01AUG22**
    PMDG 737-900 for MSFS: ~12SEP22**

** Dates are estimates, subject to change and highly likely to do so. This is software after all.

Pricing Bundles:
    We do not anticipate pricing bundles or collection discounting until later in the product's service life. Any bundling or combination discounting would likely not be enacted until mid-late 2023.

Robert S. Randazzo
    PMDG Simulations
    http://www.pmdg.com

Awesome thank you!

Comment

Thanks Robert. The prices are great
      Tomas Zima Prague

Comment

Thats really a good price for this high quality product! Thank you for your hard work!
        Martin Behrens

Comment

Sooooo if i want only the -800 and -900 … it will be $ 150 and i need to wait 3 and 4.5 months on top right ??
          Last edited by Amun; 07May2022, 22:38.
          Regards,

Dennis Heijblom

Comment

• RonE
            RonE commented
            Editing a comment
            Even if your $150 guess is correct, its still $10 cheaper than the P3D NGXU. $100 800/900 + $60 BBJ and cargo expansions

• Amun
            Amun commented
            Editing a comment
            Well ron … i only wat PAX -800 andperhaps -900… no bbj or cargo … will look at them once and thats it.
            Last edited by Amun; 07May2022, 23:29.

• Dash8Dave
            Dash8Dave commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Zero benefit in buying the 700.

Fantastic News. Debit card at the ready......just waiting.
          Harry Nelson
          Dell XPS 12Gen i7-12700k (12core 25mb Cache 3.7 to 5.0Ghz), 16GB DDR5 4400Mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 12GB LHR, 2TB M.2 NVME SSD + 2TB SATA 7200RPM HDD, 750W PS

Comment

So that's $190-200 for the 3 versions with prices vs $180 for all 4 version on P3D.

So is the intention for anyone who wants all the MSFS variants to be paying far more despite the much larger sales market or will there some form of discount for people buying more than once version ?
            Paul Browning
            The wages of sin are death. But the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Comment

• rsrandazzo
              rsrandazzo commented
              Editing a comment
              Paul- NG3 for P3D was supposed to be $140 base package and $70 on each expansion. We tapered it way down since MSFS was announced mid-dev-cycle and we thought we would have the whole product line in MSFS by mid 2020. We were wrong in that presumption. A better proxy is to look at pricing on the 777 product line, as that is where we saw the waterline for P3D. ($250 for the whole product line) Very few customers use all variants. Customer feedback tells us that most customers fall into a use pattern with just one or two body types- and thus this pricing model saves the vast majority of users a significant amount of money by allowing users to purchase only what they wish to use. It isn't true for ALL users, we recognize- but it is best for the majority. - RSR

• Moridin
              Moridin commented
              Editing a comment
              To be fair, if you take inflation into account, 185 USD from 2011 is around 235 USD today.

• fahdriyami
              fahdriyami commented
              Editing a comment
              The only models I care about are the -800 and, to a far lesser extent, the -900. Those two models were bundled in a base package for P3D (without the BBJ variants). As RSR said, they were supposed to be $140.

Now, I can get both the -800 and -900 separately in MSFS, also for $140. So its no different except I also get the BBJ variants as a bonus.

Or, I could choose to not get the -900 at all and save myself half that cost.

I see this pricing structure as a really good thing.

Originally posted by Amun View Post
            Sooooo if i want only the -800 and -900 … it will be $ 150 and i need to wait 3 and 4.5 months right ?
            is it that hard to read? The 900 is the only one that has a TBD price. So your guess is as good as anyones.
            But you do know how to read the calendar.
            Espen Torgersen

Comment

• Amun
              Amun commented
              Editing a comment
              Well … thats true but i do not think the 900 will be $ 19.99 do you ? Even if its 50 …. I need to pay 125 for 2 models AND wait for 4.5 months as a “bonus” 😳
              Last edited by Amun; 07May2022, 22:38.

• lews_world
              lews_world commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like a YOU problem Amun

Thank you Robert! this is be very nice!
            Best Regards Petter
            Petter Storvik

Comment

Thank you, sir! Now I know I don't have to sell that kidney after all.
              Herb Schaltegger - Father, husband, lawyer, engineer & getting too old for this $#!t. Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball!TM.

Comment

k. Timeframe for the MAX?

OBLIGATORY REGARDS,
                GRÉGOIRE BEAUGENDRE

Comment

Great news and a very good price. Thanks for alt the good work PMDG.
                  Morten Pedersen

Comment

Alrighty, my card is ready to get used. 😍 66.73 Euro that is a fair price for such a product.
                    Carsten R.

Comment

• Vee One
                      Vee One commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It does look good in Euros (I used to live in Europe). But as of now, it's $90 Canadian... that does not look as good...

• okiedokie
                      okiedokie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But we need to add vat in Europe I guess? The Maddog price last week was 75€+vat.
                      rsrandazzo Do we need to add VAT (what you call sales tax?)

EDIT: I looked at my receipt for the DC-6, tax was not added to the price. I Paid 48€, so I think we're good.
                      Last edited by okiedokie; 07May2022, 23:32.

We've been running a bet with our Discord friends, and my bet was 50-60 USD for each model, so (1) I lost and (2) I am not pleasantly surprised.

Having said that, I'll be waiting in line like everyone else on Monday to get it on day 1 and will not regret the purchase.

Good luck with the launch and can't wait to fly it.
                    Sincerely,

Wojtek Pietrusiewicz

Comment

• jsmarko3
                      jsmarko3 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah but what were the other guesses? If you go by Price Is Right rules, you may still have won.

• Moridin
                      Moridin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jsmarko3 Anywhere from 50 to 90 USD per model... A few people were dead on with 70...

Awesome price point! I was thinking more but money well spent!!
                    Anthony Burkett

Comment

Wonderful news. Out of curiosity, why is the -600 projected to be roughly $20 cheaper than the -700? Thanks.

Rafe Pollak

Comment

• ShadowStorm
                        ShadowStorm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I want to be this guys Copilot, no boring flights with this guy!

Originally posted by ralphusmcgee View Post
                      Wonderful news. Out of curiosity, why is the -600 projected to be roughly $20 cheaper than the -700? Thanks.
                      Fewer variants
                      Alex Pugh

Comment

Thanks for information. I hope it gets to the marketplace fast.
                        Murat Göçer

Comment

Capt Randazzo! Thank you for creating PMDG the best educational software for aviation like a LAB for million of people studying aviation. I am a professional Aircraft Mechanic and I can see the accurate details of all systems in all your Products since day ONE I was blown away with my first 737 I bought from you long ago I think for all those new to PMDG they will feel the same as did in the 90's with less, much less tech in CPU than there is today I think we should celebrate your success! How the fraise in Spanish says "PMDG A BUENA HORA to MSFS2020" and by the way; GREAT PRICES for every body! -)RO
                          Rolando Olmo

Comment

Oh my word!

With the level of quality in systems and more, (plus all the different types of customization options you get) I thought this plane would be well over $100. This is awesome! Like many others here, my debit card is ready to go.
                            Dylan H.
                            -
                            i9-9900K, RTX 2060 Super, 32GB of RAM, MSFS2020.

Comment

I can't say I like the price spike. This is not the pleasantly surprised price we were hoping for and was hinted at.
                              Kristoffer Rivedal

Comment

Excellent. $70 was my personal estimate based on everything said re it being cheaper than previous versions. Seems more than fair.
                                Rich Hooker

Comment

I thought I was supposed to be pleasantly surprised. Ha. Well, I'm glad I didn't have my expectations up.

While I'm not against a high quality product fetching a high price, no discounts for buying different versions is where you've lost any extra money out of me. I'll wait for the 800 and pick that up when it comes out, but definitely not buying any other variants, not for that. Had you priced these for.. idk. half? Or had bundling discounts, I'd likely buy them all and you'd at least double the money I'd have spent on your stuff.

xoxo
                                  Kim Sejeong

Comment

• Amun
                                    Amun commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Yeah same here … i would have happily paid $ 70 for the base 700 + $30 for the 800 TODAY.

But when i have the -800 i will never use the 700 anymore.
                                    I will not pay 70 extra to wait 3 months and pay another 75 for the model i actualy want and move the -700 to the desert

Thanks, Capt. Randazzo for the info!

P.S.: Captain, you forgot to add a B737-700 shot on the post!
                                  Last edited by Vee One; 07May2022, 23:24.
                                  Andreu Escuain

i7-10900 @ 3.60 GHz - be quiet! Dark Rock 4 - HyperX Kingston 32GB RAM @ 3200 MHz DDR 4- 2TB m.2 SSD WD Blue - MSI GeForce GTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR

Comment

Originally posted by SK331 View Post
                                    I can't say I like the price spike. This is not the pleasantly surprised price we were hoping for and was hinted at.
                                    The base package alone for P3D is $99. While I've never flown P3D, a real type rated pilot says he believes this 737 is "way better" in MSFS then in P3D.

I'd say $70 is a pretty good deal!
                                    Dylan H.
                                    -
                                    i9-9900K, RTX 2060 Super, 32GB of RAM, MSFS2020.

Comment

• Vee One
                                      Vee One commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      The base package for P3D had two variants: the -800 and the 900= $50 per variant, making it $20 cheaper per variant than what it is now. Yes, I know, inflation, inflation...

• RonE
                                      RonE commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      It works out to be a little cheaper than the P3D version. P3D $100 800/900 + $60 for the expansions = $160 / 2 = $80 per plane vs $70-$75 for MSFS

A bit steep for such a large market such as MSFS, but ill buy it. Just hope you guys haven't shot yourself in the leg as Leonardo has with their pricing. Maybe do some sales from time to time!
                                    Jackson Dart
                                    MFS DC6 & 737-700 NG3

Comment

• Crabby
                                      Crabby commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      How large is the market? Plus since when is that a determining factor of price. Here is the on factor that matters. What are customers willing to pay? I would say that the price is right based on that.

Fair does on the pricing RSR, not a whine or moan from me for such a detailed add on and falls right in line of my 65 £ GUESStimate.
                                    Andrew Bolton

Comment

Cracking price especially because I'm not forced into buying the 800 just to get the 700 in which I do 98% of my 737 flights.

P.s. Pity there's no discount from the FS2002 PMDG 737 that I bought nigh on 20 years ago
                                      Bill Casey

Comment

$69.99 promo price is great. Day one buy for sure!!
                                        Eroc Morales

PMDG Hanger - MSFS DC-6, 737-700

Comment

Great price for the 700, Robert. I will buy the 700 and 800 once it's out.
                                          John Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                          X