Announcement

Collapse

PMDG Forum Rules

1) SIGN YOUR POSTS. Since 1997, we have asked users to sign their real name, first and last, to all posts in the PMDG forum. We do this in order to keep conversations personal and familiar. You took the time to be here, we want to get to know you. This is one of the few rigid rules that we enforce regularly. We do so because we feel that forums in which users must engage one another personally are generally warmer, more collegial and friendly. Posts that are unsigned will be quietly removed without comment by the moderators, so to make your life easy- we recommend enabling your forum signature so that you never need to remember. Do this by clicking the username pull-down at the top right, then selecting "User Settings." You will find the signature editor on the ACCOUNT tab, about half way down the page. Look for "Edit Post Signature." Be sure to click the "Show Signatures" box.

2) BE NICE. We are all simmers here and no matter our differences of opinion, we share a common love of aviation, computing and simulation. Treat everyone else in the forum with respect even when you disagree. If someone frustrates you, walk away from the conversation or ask for a moderator to get involved. Speaking of Moderators, they prefer not to be treated as "The Thought Police" but if any behavior infringes on the enjoyment of another user or is otherwise considered to be unacceptable in the moderator's judgment, it will be addressed in keeping with our view of ensuring that this forum remains a healthy environment for all simmers.

3) BE LAWFUL: Any behavior that infringes upon the law, such as discussion or solicitation of piracy, threats, intimidation or abuse will be handled unsympathetically by the moderators. Threats and intimidation may, at the moderator's discretion, be provided to law enforcement for handling.

4) BE FACTUAL: When you post, always be factual. Moderators will remove posts that are determined not to be factually accurate.

5) RESPECT COPYRIGHTS: Posting of copyrighted material such as flight manuals owned by Boeing or various airlines is not allowed in this forum. If you have questions related to copyrighted material, please contact a forum moderator for clarification.

6) RESPECT PMDG: We love to hear what you like about our products. We also like to hear what you think can be improved, or what isn't working. Please do tell us and we will always treat your feedback with value. Just be sure to treat the team respectfully, as they do put a significant amount of effort into building and maintaining these great simulation products for you.

7) RESPECT PMDG DEVELOPERS: All of the developers will spend some time here. Given the ratio of developers-to-users, it simply isn't possible for us to answer every post and private message individually. Please know that we do try to read everything, but developer workload is simply too high to manage personal contact with tens-of-thousands of users simultaneously. In most cases, members of the development team will stick to conversations in the forum and will not answer private messages.

8) RESPECT OTHER DEVELOPERS: PMDG has always advocated for a strong development community and we have many friends within this community. Every developer offers something unique that helps to make the simming community larger and more vibrant. We insist that you treat our friends respectfully.

9) RESPECT MODERATORS: Moderators have a tough job, and none of them enjoy having to stomp out negativity. If a moderator has to weigh in to keep a thread peaceful, please respect that effort and refrain from giving the moderator any grief.

10) If you require official support for any of our products please open a support ticket through the support portal, https://support.precisionmanuals.com

11) This forum is designed primarily as a vehicle for the PMDG development team to interact with our customers, and for customers to interact with one another in a manner that is positive, supportive and assists in the general advancement of understanding the simulation and helping to make this and future simulations better. Any other use of this forum is not permitted, including but not limited to discussion of pricing policies, business practices, forum moderating policies, advertising of non-PMDG products, promotion of events, services or products that are not approved in advance by PMDG or any other topic deemed unacceptable by any forum administrator

12) HAVE FUN: This is the whole point of it all.
See more
See less

[30APR22] PMDG 737 for MSFS: Developer Update - A bit of (long) video for your Saturday Morning Coffee

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say that if there was still issues they'd have already announced that it wouldnt be ready :-)

Comment

• Arennord
      Arennord commented
      Editing a comment
      i agree, there´s no point in keeping the hype train running for the weekend if the aircraft is not gonna make it. I have to admit that i´m dying to start flying it hehe, but yeah, also gotta say that i want a nice aircraft from PMDGs team, so if i have to wait til next week, there will be no problem

Originally posted by CrazierChief View Post
    PMDG Really needs to deliver some info to the public, but no they really just dont care so i bought Just Flight BAE 146, so enjoy waiting for PMDG to get theyre hands out of a dark place, and bye PMDG
    You're gonna end up buying it no matter what. Stop being a baby just wait like the rest of us.
    Yoshi Elder

Comment

• Arennord
      Arennord commented
      Editing a comment
      that couldn´t be more true hahahah

• Niko_Dragovich
      Niko_Dragovich commented
      Editing a comment
      So true ! But it's so horrible to wait news. ^^

I feel like we will either see a release announcement later today/tonight and a release on Saturday, or we will get an update tomorrow telling us it will not be ready.
    Alec Henderson

Comment

• DachshundPilot
      DachshundPilot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. I think the same. Make sense.

Originally posted by Alec View Post
    I feel like we will either see a release announcement later today/tonight and a release on Saturday, or we will get an update tomorrow telling us it will not be ready.

We ain’t gettin’ $hit 😀

J. Pipelayer

Comment

I agree with Alec. Rob will undoubtedly give us an update by tomorrow. I’m on the west coast of USA, so if I donysee anything by the time I hit the sack tonight, I’m almost positive that we’ll see some word tomorrow. Keep working on it team PMDG, I’m sure when released it will be well worth the wait.
      Brad Streeter

Comment

He just went onlibe replied a post and went back to offline
        he is clearly ignoring all of us. He should have at least post a very small update if its releasing this weekend or not but apparently he likes to see people on hype train without proper info we are not asking 5k lines article post just a simple yes or no. you can later explain why yes and why no

N. Ameless

Comment

• NegativeApproach
          NegativeApproach commented
          Editing a comment
          playerw, this is very Saygin1 of you :-P

• playerw
          playerw commented
          Editing a comment
          What you mean ?

• phrgflyer419
          phrgflyer419 commented
          Editing a comment
          Look, RSR will let us know when it is ready, and not before. We have been through this with every release. Chill, Relax.

Calm down folks, keep flying the A320NX, everything else will come at some point, there is no point in speculating here.

Alex Teichrin
        Attached Files

Comment

• aseinsha
          aseinsha commented
          Editing a comment
          I rather fly the Maddog

• TheFly77
          TheFly77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take the BAe146 this weekend if the PMDG 737 is not out by tomorrow. Seems to be good enough to keep me entertained with for some time as well.

• Vicinian
          Vicinian commented
          Editing a comment
          Alec Hmm, I guess you have a point... Still though, Frontier, SAS, EasyJet, Lufthansa, Vueling, BAW, Iberia, ANA, Avianca, TAP, Aeroflot, Wizz, Azul, LATAM among others all fly the type. You've got plenty of route options.

Meanwhile here I am with my CRJ.

Originally posted by playerw View Post
        He just went onlibe replied a post and went back to offline
        he is clearly ignoring all of us. He should have at least post a very small update if its releasing this weekend or not but apparently he likes to see people on hype train without proper info we are not asking 5k lines article post just a simple yes or no. you can later explain why yes and why no

N. Ameless
        Dude seriously you need to chill out. Yeah definitely ignoring us not like he has a business to run and development to do.
        Mark Flynn

Comment

• CoffeeClay
          CoffeeClay commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, this guy is the reason devs don't like talking to the community.

Wouldn't it be fitting to have 7 hours and 37 minutes notice? Still plenty of time and chance we see it this weekend. Relax y'all, it'll be here when it gets here.

-Rob Herrmann
        Rob Herrmann

Comment

I nearly used my $99 to purchase a 777 for P3D lol but I dont need to worry I'll use it on the 737-700 this weekend instead

Comment

Emi just released his landing and taxi tutorial. According to my tea leaves, astrologist, and an assortment of ways to predict the future, that can only mean that PMDG is going to release the 737……..when they feel it’s ready.

Joking aside, thanks Emi for these videos, they are absolutely fantastic.
            Richard Simoneau

Comment

• dvflight
              dvflight commented
              Editing a comment
              The same went throught my head ive just watched it
              lol

• Emi
              Emi commented
              Editing a comment
              "when it's ready" - you name it ;-)

No one is questioning their hard work to make this happen, heck, think of what is about to happen to the PMDG bank balance when it’s released, so sure they want this to happen asap…but….communicate with your customers PMDG, it’s rude and disrespectful to say nothing for so long, this is your forum!
            John Cook

Comment

• xxlmash
              xxlmash commented
              Editing a comment
              ./sign i totaly agree

If they doesn’t release the 737 today i will buy the Top Rudder Solo and never look back at PMDG!! And then take the Top Rudder to RJTT from KLAX(unlimited fuel option of course)… see you next month!!

it’s a joke by the way.. some don’t get it!
            Last edited by Sylvenzo; 06May2022, 22:07.
            Sylvenzo Guenette

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvenzo View Post
              If they doesn’t release the 737 today i will buy the Top Rudder Solo and never look back at PMDG!! And then take the Top Rudder to RJTT from KLAX(unlimited fuel option of course)… see you next month!!
              close the door , bye
              Miguel de Gonzalo

Comment

• Sylvenzo
                Sylvenzo commented
                Editing a comment
                Google: Top Rudder Solo… and then i will let you guess the seriousness of my post…..

I can understand the comments. He said he would keep everyone posted and to stay tuned. So that's what everybody is doing. It's already been almost a week.
              Txurruka Ansola

Comment

I have to honestly say that unfortunately I don't have any alternatives. I think the community work that PMDG does is bad! They know they have a monopoly and are taking full advantage of it. I like your products and the quality you get for your money. The price/performance ratio is right. But the social communication is really the last thing but if you want to fly 737 you have to rely on PMDG. Just my 2 cents

Alex - EDDF
                Last edited by xxlmash; 06May2022, 22:14.

Comment

• Fede_LV
                  Fede_LV commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wouldn´t call it a monopoly just because no other developer has done a 737NG for MSFS. I agree regarding how PMDG manage social media or comunications. It´s messy...to say at least..

• matrosov
                  matrosov commented
                  Editing a comment
                  xxlmash What monopoly? Nobody is stopping FSLabs. from developing boeings or Leonardo. We have full line up of boeings in Xplane including free zibo, which is awesome. Just because PMDG does a better job in payware boeing space than anybody else doesn't mean they have monopoly. They don't own resources nor means of production nor put barriers to entry. They work their butts off deliver very much polished product. Have awesome community engagement and reap the rewards that follow. How's PMDG's desire to deliver a perfect product to the masses a problem?

Originally posted by xxlmash View Post
                I have to honestly say that unfortunately I don't have any alternatives. I think the community work that PMDG does sucks! They know they have a monopoly and are taking full advantage of it. I like your products and the quality you get for your money. The price/performance ratio is right. But the social communication is really the last thing but if you want to fly 737 you have to rely on PMDG. Just my 2 cents
                You really should chill a bit.. We talking about a well known high quality addon company. They doing community work, they keep us informated about many things over the last weeks. But being rude, only because the thingy isn´t brought to you right now is not the proper way of dealing with the situation. Its my first paid Addon from PMDG too, im excited as everyone else, but come on, it´s an FlightSim Addon, nothing more... Im with 39 years maybe too old for understanding this behaviour 🙄
                Danny Fuss - EDDM

Comment

• phrgflyer419
                  phrgflyer419 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you do not like the community work that PMDG does, no one is forcing you to be here. This is voluntary.

• HomerJay83
                  HomerJay83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Im German, so no native speaker. I wanted to say exactly that. If it appears that i am not happy, then sorry. Wasn´t meaning that

PMDG absolutely suck balls at communication. Considering so much work goes into the communication systems of their aircraft, you’d think they’d utilise them a bit more.

I really wish we had more options of suppliers for high end aircraft, but we don’t, and PMDG know it.

All I can say is the week of radio silence with hints of a release to have the aircraft in our sims by the weekend is frankly appalling.

What a ******* liberty.

Comment

• moxiejeff
                  moxiejeff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chill out. We're all frustrated and want this damn plane... but comments like this are just extremely unhelpful.

• phrgflyer419
                  phrgflyer419 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Take a deep breath and hold............release part and do again. The 737-700 will be here when the DevTeam feels it is ready and not 1 second before. Have a wonderful day.

Glad they are spending time finishing up instead of wasting it by coming back here to say the same things they already told us...they will give us a heads up just before release.
                Rich Hooker

Comment

Ooo, exciting... haven't noticed this before in my PMDG store account.. Now...what to spend it on!! pmdgcredit.png
                  Alan Norris

Comment

I remember the hype once the 772ER package was about to be released (cockpit textures updates still missing). The original released 772ER was not manual flyable after release. The update was published soon. So what I expect when I buy this product (I‘ll wait for the 800 anyhow) is a fully operational add-on as much as possible under MSFS with the most fitting programming technology applied by PMDG. Not more not less under consideration of a comprehensible price.
                    Cheers Jonathan Schmeier

Comment

I've never seen so many people excited to the point of childhood anger to piss away over $100 on a digital product in a long time! I wish I had a business that could generate this much attention.....On a more serious note, there are people that have been displaced from their homes due to a war started by a mad man! They wish they had the luxury to cry over the missed release date of their anticipated toy. Perspective.....look it up, it's a thing! My point? Grow up!
                      Last edited by obsoletepower; 06May2022, 22:19.
                      Vlad Andrei

Comment

• SimPilot777
                        SimPilot777 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dude we all know what’s going on in the world with the war but In the end of the day what do you want us to do?
                        Just because 2 countries are at war should we all stop doing what we like ?
                        I’m not stopping my life just because of what’s going on in Ukraine or stop been excited about something either.
                        It’s absolutely sad and my heart goes to the people of Ukraine but unfortunately there’s nothing we can do.

The posts are getting funnier as the day goes by,it’s getting to the point that we can’t even be excited because 2 countries are at war…..oh god….

• dvflight
                        dvflight commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What you doing here? G and fight in the war! Stop wasting time here! There's that perspective too. For some flight simming helps quell the horrors of this crazy world

Originally posted by MrCooke13 View Post
                      PMDG absolutely suck balls at communication. Considering so much work goes into the communication systems of their aircraft, you’d think they’d utilise them a bit more.

I really wish we had more options of suppliers for high end aircraft, but we don’t, and PMDG know it.

All I can say is the week of radio silence with hints of a release to have the aircraft in our sims by the weekend is frankly appalling.

What a ******* liberty.
                      The ironic part of this rant is PMDG is one of the most communicative developers in this industry....
                      Joe Colehouse

Comment

Originally posted by EasternT3 View Post

The ironic part of this rant is PMDG is one of the most communicative developers in this industry....
                        which still doesn't mean they're doing it right. just because they do it a little better than everyone else.

Comment

• matrosov
                          matrosov commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What exactly are they not doing right. In their last communication they said if Asobo resolves slingshot issues and another issue we will release the plane next weekend. Well there is not plane so apparently the issue was not resolved by Asobo. What else is there for them to communicate? I get it nobody likes caveats but that doesn't change the fact that it'll be released when it is released and they don't even have to communicate with you they haven't taken your money yet. So trolling them for not giving you updates every 15 minutes is not fair.

You can't go and say, "we hope we can release next weekend" and then just don't tell all the people who are waiting on Friday what they are about. You just don't do that!

Alex - EDDF

Comment

• Airrich
                          Airrich commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why should they have to state the obvious...that they could not do it in time?? Hope is not a promise.

They´re worked their butts off to bring us this baby. Comments like yours are maybe the reason no one want to talk to a salty community. You should get some tea and think about it...
                        Danny Fuss - EDDM

Comment

The amount of entitlement of some of these posts is simply incredible. I get that RSR said it might be ready for release this weekend, but that was not a guarantee. Just be patient, let them finish in peace, and we will all be flying the -700 before we know it.

-Brian Sorrells KBJC
                          -Brian Sorrells KBJC

Comment

I think this thread is too long, and people are starting to go crazy.
                            Tomas Zima Prague

Comment

You can't go and say, "we hope we can release next weekend" and then just don't tell all the people who are waiting on Friday what they are about. You just don't do that!

Alex - EDDF
                              Bro, stop stressing about it! Look, we all want it but do your arteries a favor and stop getting your blood pressure up! They will post an update soon enough. In the meantime go for a walk, help an old lady cross the street, kick a ball around....just breathe!
                              Vlad Andrei

Comment

which still doesn't mean they're doing it right. just because they do it a little better than everyone else.
                                Dammed if you do...Damed if you don't...

There's an awful lot of complaining in this thread, some bordering on self-entitlement, yes on paper it may seem that it's easy for RSR to post an update saying they'll be no release this weekend, but in project management there's no such simplicity of 'on paper', I can assure you, things in RSR's life will be extremely fluid, and probably changing hourly, and any update he puts out will probably become extremely outdated almost immediately. I am pretty sure that when he next updates us, he'll want the update to be more than, "sorry not this weekend"
                                Joe Colehouse

Comment

• Alec
                                  Alec commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I’m sorry but “self entitlement” really isn’t the right phrase. This isn’t a soup kitchen, it’s a business and consumers such as myself and everyone else in this thread have the right to critique and complain all we want about whatever we want. After all, we are paying customers. If I’m about to spend $50-$100 on a digital product I feel like it is completely reasonable to be upset when it seems as though promises (before I get swarmed by PMDG fanboys please note that by “promises” I mean that RSR said we would be hearing an update, not about release) by the company are not being upheld.

• dylqn
                                  dylqn commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  @Alec

The thing is though, RSR might not even have an update yet. Things might still be on the fence and they're unsure if they will have it ready for this weekend or not. Robert is great a keeping us informed, I think we will be hearing something here really soon!

• EasternT3
                                  EasternT3 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Alec - the word you used is "about", you haven't spend your money yet, therefore you are not a customer - you are a prospective customer, you haven't paid anything yet. No where were we promised an update, the wording is "Stay tuned. We shall keep you posted", no timeframe is attached, so yes it is self entitlement thinking you should have an update.
                              Working...
                              X